test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No One Is Doing HE's in Spinward Rise

kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
How am I suppose d to collect 100 Air Motes I cannot solo these HE's.
I stayed in Spinward Rise for an hour calling out in chat for an HE group
and I got no replies. I ran around to HE's and no one was doing any.
I gave up and left.

Comments

• Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    Yeah, probably because it's the hardest zone to run. Most folks are doing them in Drowned Shore because the enemies are so easy. I would prefer to get the weapon from Spinward Rise as well but since there is an issue with mote drop rates and quests and HAMSTER like that, I'm going to hold off actually making an effort to grab them until some patches address the issues.

In the meantime, I will continue to craft many, many pairs of pants.
  • Options
    eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    People arent farming Drowned only because enemies are easy, they do because the set has a retarted bonus of healing themselves
  • Options
    eolee said:

People arent farming Drowned only because enemies are easy, they do because the set has a retarted bonus of healing themselves

once a minute you get 50% of your current health back. Is that truly so amazing? So amazing you'll use a dagger that has +5% gloaming cut dmg?

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    kurtb88 said:

eolee said:

once a minute you get 50% of your current health back. Is that truly so amazing? So amazing you'll use a dagger that has +5% gloaming cut dmg?

Uhm... if you're aiming for the Spinward set because you think it has a better at-will buff, you've apparently forgotten or never known that these powers are changed using Cubes of Augmentation from the AD shop, and any artifact weapon set can buff any power (and can roll any random power on acquisition, even one you don't have on your paragon)

That said, I don't think any of the new sets actually have at-will buffs, although Gateway makes it look like they do.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    eolee said:

There's nothing wrong with the set bonus. It's akin to getting part of our in-combat regen back. I'll definitely be getting this for my SW.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options

kurtb88 said:

eolee said:

Uhm... if you're aiming for the Spinward set because you think it has a better at-will buff, you've apparently forgotten or never known that these powers are changed using Cubes of Augmentation from the AD shop, and any artifact weapon set can buff any power (and can roll any random power on acquisition, even one you don't have on your paragon)

That said, I don't think any of the new sets actually have at-will buffs, although Gateway makes it look like they do.
    i didnt know you could change it. ty for telling me. they have the flurry at-will buff on some of the new daggers.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    If the cubes of augmentation can be used on these, then you're still looking at a fairly significant increase in price in order to change the power. It costs 4 cubes of augmentation to do a roll, which unlocks a random power or feature. Each cube is 12,500 AD.

In addition to costing 50,000 AD to do the roll, it automatically changes the power/feature to the new one, which may or may not even be in your paragon path. If you want to use the old one, you have to pay 5,000 AD to change it back. Since you are relying on the infamous RNG, depending on how many choices there are and your RNG luck, you can pay up to a half million ad just to get the stat or power buff you want.

THEN, once you get the weapon ranked to level 35, you get a chance to increase your stat buff - only costs 1 cube each roll, but it's a random number between 100-400. Thankfully, if the roll is less than the current stat increase you have, it just cost you 12,500 ad but won't take away your higher stat. So, again - RNG for the stat increase, you could roll a 400 on the first try, but it's unlikely.

Personally, I chose my weapons based on the best combo of stats/features I thought I could use. I didn't realize they have the same roll potential as the elemental evil weapons, but had I known, I still would have opted to try for the guaranteed buffs.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    I want the spinward weapon also. 50% move speed on top of my other move speed buffs will be hilariously fun.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    rversant said:

I want the spinward weapon also. 50% move speed on top of my other move speed buffs will be hilariously fun.

Move speed is quality of life. Non-combat life. The more you focus on your quality of life, the more you find yourself sucking at combat, and then realizing that your life got a lot HAMSTER by focusing on quality of life.

That last part sounds kind of deep. Someone put it on a t-shirt and then give me all the money.
    Post edited by zibadawa on
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

rversant said:

Move speed is quality of life. Non-combat life. The more you influence on your quality of life, the more you find yourself sucking at combat, and then realizing that your life got a lot HAMSTER by focusing on quality of life.

That last part sounds kind of deep. Someone put it on a t-shirt and then give me all the money.
    Considering it activates from being hit in combat while shifting (dodge/block / sprint etc) it definitely helps combat. haha
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    vortican said:

In the meantime, I will continue to craft many, many pairs of pants.

Pants h y p e

• Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    Im surprised more arent in Reclamation Rock. 25% damage resistance while face-tanking seems kinda good.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Seems kind of good for a CW or DC that does not move around too much too. But I still think I will get the burning one for both of my CWs and maybe second DC. The rest will probably get the healing ones, except maybe my two OPs. Not decided what will be best for them.
  • Options
    gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    kurtb88 said:

How am I suppose d to collect 100 Air Motes I cannot solo these HE's.
    I stayed in Spinward Rise for an hour calling out in chat for an HE group
    and I got no replies. I ran around to HE's and no one was doing any.
    I gave up and left.

When the previous mod came out people said they didn't like the new zone. They leveled on world dragons then got their weapon and got out as soon as possible instead and never came back. No one did the heroics there then either. So the next mod sends people back to the zones they said they didn't like, and you can't find anyone to do the heroics there with you. How is this a surprise?