Install Arc
Options

Motes Not Dropping

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    ayroux said:

asterdahl said:

We're also aware that due to the facts listed above, compounded with the relative popularity of certain weapons vs. others,

Are you also aware that the water weapon supposedly ISNT affected by healing depression and ALSO is healing players for 100% of their HP instead of 50%?

Also, why is the water weapons SO much better than the other ones? 50% of your HP over 30 seconds? Might want to consider changing that to something else along the lines of a "heal yourself for 25% of your HP instantly" - cant only happen once every 30 seconds. - more like the AP weapon (with your change).

A HoT for 50% of your HP is massive in regards to things like PVP, a burst heal once every 30 seconds is much less reliable and while still very appealing, doesnt make its effect "trump" the SH weapons OR the other new weapon - which CURRENTLY seem lack luster in regards to self healing. I think its just the fact that the healing lasts so long... It makes a PVPer incredibly hard to kill when they have a HoT on them ticking for 1100-1200 a second AFTER healing depression....

Set bonus for Water needs to be changed to be more inline with other elemental sets and not more powerful than SH weapons or the twisted weapons. Waters heal makes it THE best weapon set in the game.
    Here we go again. PvP players screaming for something to be nerfed that is also hugely useful in PvE.

If a nerf comes, is should be FOR PVP ONLY.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    ayroux said:

asterdahl said:

We're also aware that due to the facts listed above, compounded with the relative popularity of certain weapons vs. others,

Are you also aware that the water weapon supposedly ISNT affected by healing depression and ALSO is healing players for 100% of their HP instead of 50%?

Also, why is the water weapons SO much better than the other ones? 50% of your HP over 30 seconds? Might want to consider changing that to something else along the lines of a "heal yourself for 25% of your HP instantly" - cant only happen once every 30 seconds. - more like the AP weapon (with your change).

A HoT for 50% of your HP is massive in regards to things like PVP, a burst heal once every 30 seconds is much less reliable and while still very appealing, doesnt make its effect "trump" the SH weapons OR the other new weapon - which CURRENTLY seem lack luster in regards to self healing. I think its just the fact that the healing lasts so long... It makes a PVPer incredibly hard to kill when they have a HoT on them ticking for 1100-1200 a second AFTER healing depression....

Set bonus for Water needs to be changed to be more inline with other elemental sets and not more powerful than SH weapons or the twisted weapons. Waters heal makes it THE best weapon set in the game.
    While I did mention in my post that we would not be outright nerfing any of the weapons, any cases where the power differs from its description or from common game mechanics like healing depression will be resolved. We are aware of an issue where the drowned weapons are healing more than indicated in the tooltip and this will be resolved.

This may have been responsible for the idea that the set bonus is not affected by healing depression, but we have been unable to reproduce a scenario where healing depression does not affect the heal over time. Naturally if you escape from combat long enough for healing depression to fall off, subsequent tics of the heal will heal at full potency.

The design of the drowned weapons was explicitly not a burst heal to prevent it from becoming an additional last stand mechanic in PvP. The idea is to allow you to live a bit longer, or recover after escaping from combat, hence the heal over time component. At least in this case, it is still possible to burst the opponent down.

We'll continue to monitor the popularity of various weapons and their affects on PvE and PvP balance, it's still too early to say we plan to make specific changes.
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    asterdahl said:

This may have been responsible for the idea that the set bonus is not affected by healing depression, but we have been unable to reproduce a scenario where healing depression does not affect the heal over time. Naturally if you escape from combat long enough for healing depression to fall off, subsequent tics of the heal will heal at full potency.

The Drowned MH/OH set is certainly affected by healing depression in domination/GG.
    The only error is that it heals for 100% HP over 30sec instead of 50% HP over 30sec.
    That's all.

Once fixed Drowned bonus should still be the leading choice for PvP in most cases but not so overpowered.
    Fire weapon set is still lead choice for most PvE and some PvP builds.
    Earth weapon bonus has some odd timing issues for DR buildup but otherwise could be best for certain PvP builds.
    Air weapon would be awesome for utility and fun but the "Battle of Mistral Point" in Spinward is long and bugged.

Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

morenthar said:

Myself and others have not been getting Motes off of HEs.

Is the drop rate that insanely low or do we have a bug on our hands?

While the drop rate is not 100% for motes, with the exception of epic heroic encounters, there is unfortunately a known issue preventing some players from receiving motes. However, there is a workaround. See the known issues thread for more information.
    [...]
    Well, 10% certainly isn't 100%. And I for one am not going to give myself early arthritis running 1000 HEs.
    Motes should always drop. There is no reason for them not to always drop. Please fix this.
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    "We'll continue to monitor the popularity of various weapons and their affects on PvE and PvP balance, it's still too early to say we plan to make specific changes." OH sure!!! Any word about elol set??? rofl Thats hilarious.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Hey everyone, I just wanted to take a brief moment to discuss the nature of these quests as it's become quite a hot topic.

As you may know, there are currently 6 sets of artifact weapons that start at item level 125. Other than elemental weapons, there are also stronghold and twisted weapons. The barrier to entry to obtain either of those weapons is higher, one requiring an active guild with stronghold investment, the other requiring completion of Epic Demogorgon, which is a fairly difficult fight. In both cases however, progress towards earning those weapons is measurable and comparatively short if the barriers to entry can be overcome. Additionally, their set bonuses are quite strong, with a focus on increasing performance across the board.

Elemental weapons were designed as an alternative, with a low barrier to entry, more situational set bonuses that you could choose based on your play style, but would require a significant time investment. These weapons were not meant to be earned in a day, or even a week. That is why their base power, set bonuses aside, is comparable to those weapons that require a significantly higher barrier to entry.

That being said, we are aware of the fact that due to the low drop rates in lower ranked heroic encounters, coupled with the 100% drop rate in epic heroic encounters, as well as the frequency with which encounters of varying ranks appear, and the amount of time it takes to clear them—that there is a feeling that only running the epic heroic encounters is worthwhile. It was never the intent to create a quest that read "Completed 'Cornered by Crabs' 0/100," but we know for a lot of you, that's what "Weapons of Water" has become.

We're also aware that due to the facts listed above, compounded with the relative popularity of certain weapons vs. others, as well as the difference in difficulty from zone to zone, that some of these weapons feel significantly more difficult to obtain.

We are currently exploring options to improve the experience in the following ways:

1. Make it feel more rewarding to run lower rank heroic encounters.
    2. Bring the time investment closer together from weapon to weapon.
    We will be tackling this through the tweaking of drop rates as well as the rate at which certain heroic encounters spawn. We'll also be keeping an eye on the popularity of the elemental weapons and making adjustments accordingly. Rest assured there are no plans to nerf any of the weapons, however, some weapons may receive a bump depending on popularity and balance.

Also, I know some of you have been asking about the burning weapons and the frequency with which the AP bonus occurs, and I'd like to clarify and apologize for the typo in that tooltip. The chance of receiving the AP bonus is 100%, however, this effect can only occur once every 30 seconds. The tooltip will be updated to be more accurate in the future.

As a final note, for those currently working on the weapons—although we will be making changes to improve the experience, we will not be significantly reducing the amount of time required to earn these weapons such that current work on them feels wasted. These quests are meant to be a long term investment and that will not change with upcoming adjustments.

@asterdahl

I completed "Feeding the Fire" with the unawakened heart (fire), this was the only elemental heart i have and didn't drop any mote. What should i do ? Restart the quest?

If you have the unawakened heart in your inventory and are not receiving drops from epic (15+ participant) heroic encounters, like "Feeding the Fire" and "Slaad Invasion," dropping the quest and re-starting should not have any impact. The drop rates from those heroic encounters should be 100%, so we'll look into that issue. For those of you who have not been receiving motes from epic heroic encounters, were you generally there from the start of the encounter?
    As much as I hated Vigilance tasks, I really wish you would have allowed us to run those instead of the HEs. Completing a few hundred solo dungeons feels more attainable than completing that many HEs, even though the HEs are faster, just because it doesn't require all the coordination and waiting around for things to spawn.

If the elemental weapons are the "soloist" alternative to the stronghold weapons, I still don't see why they're not designed in such a way to allow for solo play.

All that being said, thank you for your response. It's good to know that objections are being heard, and that "oh don't bother running the crummy HEs" issue was what I personally ran into, and why I basically just gave up entirely.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Dear devs, just for confirmation, can i ask whether the AP gain effect from artifact weapon set will be disabled for DC when they use Hallowed Ground and Divine Armor? Although in the current situation DC will lose all ability to gain AP (including from paragon feats Gift of Haste etc) when they use these 2 dailies due to coding, their DC sigil and AP cloaks still works. Thus i assumed the new artifact weapon set effect will still works. Is it correct? I hope i wont grind for days or weeks for an useless weapon set. TY for confirmation.

By the way, although DC can generate AP fast enough, in this meta with certain AP build other classes can spam their dailies like encounters. Can devs consider to remove that AP penalty from DC when we cast these 2 most useful daily? Because of that AP penalty, DC had to either use other non-useful daily or just waste their AP gain potential. It is not fair when giving DC AP penalty on their best dailies to reduce the effect of DC sigils. Other classes are spamming dailies with our sigils, but as the true owner of the sigil, we are nerfed when there are too much of Shocking Execution modules ago. Not fair for us...
  • Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    I must have completed 50+ HEs in Spinward over the past day or so - only received four motes. I'm very tempted to just ignore the quest until the dev's come to their senses and buff the drop rate from non 15 man HEs.

I'm a purely solo player and play generally outside popular play times so there are seldom sufficient players to complete a 15 man HE for a 100% mote drop. I'm pretty much screwed to obtain 100 motes at the current drop rate.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    If there is not a minimum drop of 1 mote per HE, I will not be bothering with these new artifacts. Ever.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    -------
    Post edited by xgrandz02 on
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    xgrandz02 said:

I agree on what your saying @asterdahl
    "These weapons were not meant to be earned in a day, or even a week"

But the TRUE is after 2 days of release alot of Players already have it!,

this Elemental weapons and already Full legendary and it is really easy to get-
    (mostly water ones)

So just 2 days of farm to get this weapon and it is better than SH-Wep. or the from Demo no way.
    the work that you have to put to earn the SH-weapon is thousand times harder but the weapon itself is not better,
    this is ridicules, its why the 50% have to be Reduced to 20-30% MAX or ONLY every 2mins Should activate it.

give me a break. if they wanted it to take time they shouldnt have done something asinine like say kill crab 100 times. and 2 seconds of thought would be all it took to figure that out. this is working exactly as designed and intended. the rest is lip service.

no one ever will go kill the crab once and leave and do that every day for 100 days. so once you start farming it when does it stop. is 10 a day too much. is 25 a day too much. if i can pull off swapping 3 instances is 5 hours too long. and its not 1000 times harder to get the sh weapons. its 1000 times harder to level the guild to the required level. big difference.

• Options
    gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Pretty simple. If you think a class is OP roll it. If you think a piece of gear is OP get it. Nerfs are for the weak.
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    Anyone who thinks the water weapon is not Bis for pvp for almost all classes is stupid lol... SW's can make the drow weapon be Bis for pvp, CW's will still probably want the water as they are primary target in pvp. The AP gain + snail is a little trolly, and not really needed as GF's have no problem killing anything. So I say, get drow shirt, water wep, drop a little life steal fro HP and have a good time.

They aren't going to change the motes. They don't care. They think we enjoy doing 100 HE's. They won't fix the SH struggle for smaller guilds, so find a way to join a larger guild for the weapon and then go back to ur own. Again, they are forced to put out so much new content, old stuff never ever ever ever gets fixed. Why do you think 99% of PVE uses Vorpal. 98% of PVP use feytouch, almost everyone uses Neg or Elven, some stil use soulforge as they can't afford the other... they have all these cool enchants but never rework them... There is not much money in fixing old content, they just want to push out as much as they can and make what they can and keep going.

PW doesn't even advertise NW anymore lol. So this game is on a pretty large backburner. Just figure out how to get what you want, whatever way you can and try and enjoy the game. Don't expect many if any fixes. The fact that they have no plans to implement dropable items from hard PVE content (there is none) is because they don't want an economy. That is hard to manage when you have 2-3 people doing all the fixes.

You have to kill 100 crabs. Or wait 11 ish days to get the Drow Wep, or wait another 2 weeks and most people will have SH weps for you to get. It's pretty simple. In the mean time work on leadership alts for RP, and pray on them for some extra AD (granted the 60000000 bound RP items are annoying as hell) but still. It is all simple, you just have to be proactive, and not expect much from the devs, as the less you expect the less you can be disappointed lol.

They do what they can, but when you have so few people... undoubtedly there will be many many mistakes. They are only human guys.
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    I have been doing Drowned Shores and I have done 30 Crab HE's and I have 30 Water Motes.
  • Options
    looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    There are several players who group up in a zone and do major HE's on specific instances subsequently. They get a mote every 5min. But the need to change an instance is wrong.

Please increase the droprate for small and medium HE's. It will not be possible to do above system in a week. Then, you have dead content again.
  • Options
    gwalaplothgwalaploth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Hey everyone, I just wanted to take a brief moment to discuss the nature of these quests as it's become quite a hot topic.

As you may know, there are currently 6 sets of artifact weapons that start at item level 125. Other than elemental weapons, there are also stronghold and twisted weapons. The barrier to entry to obtain either of those weapons is higher, one requiring an active guild with stronghold investment, the other requiring completion of Epic Demogorgon, which is a fairly difficult fight. In both cases however, progress towards earning those weapons is measurable and comparatively short if the barriers to entry can be overcome. Additionally, their set bonuses are quite strong, with a focus on increasing performance across the board.

Elemental weapons were designed as an alternative, with a low barrier to entry, more situational set bonuses that you could choose based on your play style, but would require a significant time investment. These weapons were not meant to be earned in a day, or even a week. That is why their base power, set bonuses aside, is comparable to those weapons that require a significantly higher barrier to entry.

That being said, we are aware of the fact that due to the low drop rates in lower ranked heroic encounters, coupled with the 100% drop rate in epic heroic encounters, as well as the frequency with which encounters of varying ranks appear, and the amount of time it takes to clear them—that there is a feeling that only running the epic heroic encounters is worthwhile. It was never the intent to create a quest that read "Completed 'Cornered by Crabs' 0/100," but we know for a lot of you, that's what "Weapons of Water" has become.

We're also aware that due to the facts listed above, compounded with the relative popularity of certain weapons vs. others, as well as the difference in difficulty from zone to zone, that some of these weapons feel significantly more difficult to obtain.

We are currently exploring options to improve the experience in the following ways:

We will be tackling this through the tweaking of drop rates as well as the rate at which certain heroic encounters spawn. We'll also be keeping an eye on the popularity of the elemental weapons and making adjustments accordingly. Rest assured there are no plans to nerf any of the weapons, however, some weapons may receive a bump depending on popularity and balance.

Also, I know some of you have been asking about the burning weapons and the frequency with which the AP bonus occurs, and I'd like to clarify and apologize for the typo in that tooltip. The chance of receiving the AP bonus is 100%, however, this effect can only occur once every 30 seconds. The tooltip will be updated to be more accurate in the future.

As a final note, for those currently working on the weapons—although we will be making changes to improve the experience, we will not be significantly reducing the amount of time required to earn these weapons such that current work on them feels wasted. These quests are meant to be a long term investment and that will not change with upcoming adjustments.

@asterdahl

I completed "Feeding the Fire" with the unawakened heart (fire), this was the only elemental heart i have and didn't drop any mote. What should i do ? Restart the quest?

If you have the unawakened heart in your inventory and are not receiving drops from epic (15+ participant) heroic encounters, like "Feeding the Fire" and "Slaad Invasion," dropping the quest and re-starting should not have any impact. The drop rates from those heroic encounters should be 100%, so we'll look into that issue. For those of you who have not been receiving motes from epic heroic encounters, were you generally there from the start of the encounter?
    And this is supposed to be fun how? If we belong to a low member guild we are being actively punished where someone that JOINS a high ranking guild could conceivably get the weapons in no time. Talk about bone headed and making the game absolutely boring if you want to accomplish something. Seems to me that all it is basically is a way to force people into an area of the game that is underutilized.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I finally got one... one (1)

I can only run 1 specific HE

and

I did "Great Victory" and Got 1

It wil be a long grind
  • Options
    free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

While the drop rate is not 100% for motes, with the exception of epic heroic encounters, there is unfortunately a known issue preventing some players from receiving motes. However, there is a workaround. See the known issues thread for more information.

I wasn't getting any motes after several completions of Slaadi Invasion. So I naturally thought my quest was bugged and did what was suggested here, i.e. abandon the quest and then re-pickup the unawakened heart. However, despite several reset of the quest, I still did not get any motes after participation of the Slaadi Invasion. Then someone mentioned in zone chat that the only way to get motes is to do DPS. So my Virtuous AP gain build DC stopped healing and buffing and slotted all DPS encounters. And lo and behold, I got my first mote. BUT subsequent completions do not always 100% drop mote.....for me.

So I really have 2 questions here. Why is the requirement to get mote for non-dps classes, based on DPS?? Why isn't the drop rate for motes 100% for epic heroic encounters??

• Options
    nikolaos06nikolaos06 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I accepted the quest "Weapons of Air" and completed solo 5 heroic encounters in Spinward Rise and solo 3 heroic encounters in Drowned Shore and 2 in group for the quest Weapons of Water,but I collected only one mote of air in Spinward Rise and 2 in Drowned Shore.Is this normal ?
    Post edited by nikolaos06 on
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User

asterdahl said:

@asterdahl

And this is supposed to be fun how? If we belong to a low member guild we are being actively punished where someone that JOINS a high ranking guild could conceivably get the weapons in no time. Talk about bone headed and making the game absolutely boring if you want to accomplish something. Seems to me that all it is basically is a way to force people into an area of the game that is underutilized.
    while i totally agree with the not fun part, what does guild membership have to do with anything. get to the zone of choice and kill whatever. in water there are people broadcasting kill timers. even soloing ( for a while i did have a couple of buddies with me, at peak we head 5 people from the guild doing the crab) i was able to hop instances and get 10-12 motes an hour when i wanted. other times i just felt like sitting on the rock watching movies between crab spawns. this has nothing to do with being guilded or not. because i can guarantee once the farming is done, noone is going to go back and push a guildee through 100 15man he kills.

you'll notice the complete lack of people doing air and earth ( and the subsequent complaining). if guilds were doing the content there'd still be room for stragglers in those instances. and its just not happening.

• Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    See this:
    www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1208136/motes-not-dropping
  • Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    See this:
    www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1208136/motes-not-dropping
  • Options
    gambit626#5605 gambit626 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    @asterdahl

I completed Cornered by Crabs last night. I was their from the first 3 crab kills, but I did die 3 times during the crabs kills and then once during the boss. I received a "Great Victory" and didn't get any motes. I only have the water quest and I have the correct heart. Is this a bug, do I have to be their from the very first crab kill, do I not have to die, do I have to be part of the group that get the first crab kill, or am I missing something else?

- EDIT-
    Never-mind, just realized that it auto goes into the heart. Sorry I am fairly oblivious.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    Devs, i am joining with these guys going to skip those "100 Motes" required quests, many feel it is forced and many others decided not to do it, and some feel "NO Choice" to grind mindlessly.
    Devs, you are making another "What wrong with you" that is on many players' minds.
    Have you ever think it is "Fun"?

devs you need to play that 100 motes on your own time and find the flaws, and heck no, dont bother looking for us to group to assist you with 100 motes. do it yourself then you will now how we feels.
  • Options
    kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

@asterdahl

I tried it (and many other combinations). i got 1 mote now but after 2 or 3 HEs. Note also that my guildy has similar issue, she did not get for the last 3 (thanks god, she got quite much before). We are both DCs. Might it be class specific? I dont know the class from others has the same issue.

Yes, we were both there from the beginning. My GWF had no issue even if it just arrive at the end:D
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

ayroux said:

asterdahl said:

While I did mention in my post that we would not be outright nerfing any of the weapons, any cases where the power differs from its description or from common game mechanics like healing depression will be resolved. We are aware of an issue where the drowned weapons are healing more than indicated in the tooltip and this will be resolved.

The design of the drowned weapons was explicitly not a burst heal to prevent it from becoming an additional last stand mechanic in PvP. The idea is to allow you to live a bit longer, or recover after escaping from combat, hence the heal over time component. At least in this case, it is still possible to burst the opponent down.

We'll continue to monitor the popularity of various weapons and their affects on PvE and PvP balance, it's still too early to say we plan to make specific changes.
    Q: the water weapon's healing effect is affected by the incoming healing bonus and regeneration if it is affected then my weapon exactly do what it shoud be.

MY weapon dosn't heal 100% hp it heal around 65-70% of my hp but i also have a large incoming healing boost and regeneration .

GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    I have 81 motes now and never missed one. Crab dropped 100% motes for me.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Moral of the story is, it's a useless effort to run anything but crabs. Got it.