test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Developer Note: State of Astral Diamonds

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2015 in News & Announcements
Well met, adventurers!

Executive Producer, Rob Overmeyer addresses the state of Astral Diamonds and discusses major changes going forward. Take your time to read his note and leave your feedback here.

Thank you!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9656413

Moderator Note:
To keep feedback in one place for the Developers, an earlier posted large thread has been merged into this one, so some of the early replies may seem out of place. Sorry for any confusion. Please carry on.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    In the reddit AMA last week, they said there was going to be an announcement about AD changes before Tuesday. Have they forgotten?
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    We are all waiting to see i guess, being 19h till Underdark i should hope they release them in the next few hours - aka before they start playing Demogorgon (with selected few players - who got lucky enough to get a party for progressing in the campaign on preview).
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Please stand by while I try to get someone's attention to this.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    It's 12 PM PST at Cryptic. If it's literally "before Tuesday" then they have 12 more hours. If it's "by Tuesday" then they have 36 hours.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Hey there,

I can confirm that there is still a message going out today. We're actually wrapping up the final bits and pieces of this. There are definitely some changes coming to the AD economy that reflect a lot of community feedback that we have been receiving. Here is my tried and true standby for more information :)

Alex
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
  • Options
    Wow, an official response. Pick me off the floor :p
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i ll go out while waiting for the blog... hoping it will come soon, since its 9PM here

btw 4K FORUM POSTS !!!!!!
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    valwryn said:

What are the Vegas odds on what it could be? :|

i suspect something about companion upgrading prices and purple gear being worth more when salvaging
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

I can confirm that there is still a message going out today. We're actually wrapping up the final bits and pieces of this. There are definitely some changes coming to the AD economy that reflect a lot of community feedback that we have been receiving. Here is my tried and true standby for more information :)

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    subnocte said:

Don't lay on the floor! It's dirty down there!
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Brace for ZAX market instability! All hands on deck! Get all players to the lifeboats, women and Paladins first!
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

@kolatmaster
    that is the creepiest gif I have ever seen you post.
  • Options
    I think they mentioned something about companion upgrade pricing in the AMA, so yeah, that's pretty likely (and welcome, it's just very bad value to upgrade at the moment).
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

[...] btw 4K FORUM POSTS !!!!!!

GZ

subnocte said:

Don't lay on the floor! It's dirty down there!
    ...go to a qualified store for electric gadgetry and buy a dreadful weapon from the old reckoning: a Hoover...

(or any other vacuum cleaner)

On topic: Looking forward to this announcement, too...
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Let's see...the targets could be:

Companion Upgrades
    Mount Upgrades
    Transmute
    Guild Bank reduction
    SH AD requirement
    Profession AD requirements
    Artifact Weapon skill change
    Salvage adjustments
    Campaign Progress

Lets see what happens.
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Transmutes please, please please,crosses fingers, it makes perfect sense to do it now with the new gear preview window.
  • Options
    Blog post is now live: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9656413-developer-note:-state-of-astral-diamonds This is the beginning of what we're doing. Our teams are still evaluating all aspects of the game and how they relate to the AD economy. Definitely keep the feedback coming as we're reading everything.
  • Options
    The extra 50% on rewards on play is a nice change that should make things easier.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    +50% Astral Diamonds earned for gameplay-focused activities: dungeons, skirmishes, PvP, and the weekly quests mentioned in a prior post. This includes the base activity, the daily rewards, and the daily limits to what you can earn for these activities (the stuff that Rhix talks about).

An increase to the daily AD refinement cap from 24,000 to 36,000.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    So what I read, there are no new ways to make AD added. Only more AD added to the ways we already have to make AD. The lower costs to the companions are not even close to enough. Should have been set at 50000, 100000, 150000, and 250000. Companions for many people will still not be upgraded like your statement says because the costs are still way to high. So, I am sorry to read, you still don't understand your players or your game at all. We need more ways to make that AD than what we have at the moment. And there are still major costs reductions that need to occur to make the economy better.
    Still to little to make much of a difference, especially for the casual player. But I guess you first have to care about them in order to listen to them.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Geez. Wonder how AH prices will settle after the tradebar/AD refining/AD earning changes.

Companion prices changes are nice but most people are going to save something 750k-1 million AD and still have to shell out 3.5-4.5 million AD in upgrade costs. Hope they pay attention to how many companions are being upgraded because I doubt all that many are.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    At least the companion upgrades were adressed. Thanks here.

More AD for the dailies is a step in the right direction, too. Not sufficient, but better than nothing. Thanks here, too, carry on this direction.

Completely ignoring transmutation, Campaign unlock/boon AD costs, SH AD costs, Mount upgrade,... ???

Meh.

TL;DR: This AD cost change is like fighting US crime by hiring an additional 10 cops.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Highlight for me:

1. 24K to 36K daily AD refinement limit.
    2. "+50% Astral Diamonds earned for gameplay-focused activities: dungeons, skirmishes, PvP, and the weekly quests mentioned in a prior post." The solo player still does not have much besides weekly quests from 15K to 22.5K weekly (if they can do it). The lower level solo player still has nothing.
    3. Companion upgrade. Little better but not much.
    4. Don't even know about that exploit. Not exactly a "feature" but a bug fix. This has nothing to do with increasing earn rate or decreasing of price.

Again, baby steps.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The companion upgrades are still brutally expensive considering a player has 5 companions to look after.

Also, what about mount upgrades? those are very very expensive as well. You have a lot of green and blue mounts in the zen store, why are you not making it more accessible to upgrade them to a usable stat of purple? And why have we not seen a mount upgrade to orange put in place yet? I'd pay for that right now, probably for a couple different mounts

And yeah, boon costs still have not been reduced and Strongholds still costs billions of AD
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
This discussion has been closed.