test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Mod 9] Soulbinder Temptation hybrid PVP/PVE build (DPS + healing + buff + debuff + CC)

arcofortep12arcofortep12 Member Posts: 2,265 Arc User
edited March 2016 in The Nine Hells
The Peacemaker

Style of Play:
In PVP you are first of all a support character, then a striker; your party will make use of your buffs (5% DPS, 5% LS, 20% speed and lousy healing) plus you will earn some kills thanks to your ranged abilities. Harrowstorm is key since can give to you and your party advantage over a target by proning it. Your great mobility (thanks to the combination of multiple Feats with Shadow Walk) can help you evade attacks, pursue opponents and reach in no time points of interest making you especially good in a Gauntlgrym session. Lately I tweaked a bit the build to buff more the DPS side than the mobility one, but it's still pretty good.

In PVE you deal Medium to High damage; anyway you should envision yourself as a support character more than a striker but don't ignore DPS since your healing abilities depend on it. Other than dealing damage you are going to boost your party damage/speed/LS and debuff bosses and strong mobs (thanks to the Feat Infernal Wrath and the Power Dreadtheft). Also you are going to shell out some healing but you will be in no way a replace for a true healer since you lack the most important thing: mitigation (5% from Feat is useless, I ditched it; it should be seriously reconsidered and buffed by developers); also your healing abilities are relatively lacking even if steady, you can be seen at most as a backup healer.
Your high speed and relatively plentiful stamina will let you evade attacks and help your fallen mates easily.
Try to avoid DoT powers, except Dreadtheft, and prefer instead burst powers since the formers aren't any good on the healing side, better use Fiery Bolt than Warlock's Bargain for example. Eventually you can use Warlock's Bargain in a boss fight, it will increase personal DPS (I do not). Soul Scorch is by far your best healing power and biggest damage dealer.

DPS:
Medium to High (Medium with a Seldarine set, High with a Lostmauth set). You can expect a comparable DPS to a CW Renegade.

CC:
None (party PVE) to Medium (PVP, party solo)

PVP:
Medium (Domination) to High (Gauntlgrym) performance

Healing:
Medium (65% of a comparable Virtuous DC; in the same run doubled the healing provided by a CW Renegade)

Survivability:
Very High

Heroic Feats:
Weapon Mastery (3), Toughness (2), Shadow Fold (2), Empowered Rituals (3), Determined Casting (2), Soul Reaping (3), Devastating Critical (3), Blood Pact of Cania (5).

Fury Feats:
Daughter's Promises (5), Burning Soul (5), Infernal Wrath (5).

Temptation Feats:
Hope Stealer (5), Vampiric Sparks (5), Dark Revelry (5), Aura of Cruelty (5), Eldritch Momentum (5), Soul Bonding (1).

Powers (PVE party):
At-Will - Essence Defiler (rank 3) (it grants Souls Sparks against Cursed targets)
Encounter (1) - Fiery Bolt (burst damage, burst healing) (rank 3/4)
Encounter (2) - Dreadtheft (big damage, great buff and debuff) (rank 4)
Encounter (3) - Soul Scorch (very big damage, very good burst healing) (rank 4)
Class Feature - Shadow Walk (add great mobility) (rank 4)
Class Feature - All-Consuming Curse (apply Lesser Curse to targets, very good together with the Feat Infernal Wrath, plus other interactions) (rank 4)
Daily - Immolation Spirits (great DPS against a single target) (rank 3/4)
Daily - Tyrannical Threat (great DPS against multiple targets, 3 is the bare minimum) (rank 3).

Powers (PVE solo, safe slow way, if you are strong enough follow 'PVE party' powers above)
:
At-Will - Essence Defiler (rank 3) (it grants Souls Sparks against Cursed targets)
Encounter (1) - Harrowstorm (Knock the target in air after applying a Curse) (rank 3/4)
Encounter (2) - Arms of Hadar (it Prone multiple targets caughts in the cone) (rank 2/3)
Encounter (3) - Dreadtheft (big damage, great buff and debuff) (rank 4)
Class Feature - Shadow Walk (add great mobility) (rank 3/4)
Class Feature - Borrowed Time (heal yourself for every Soul Spark gained, it procs every 2 seconds) (rank 3/4)
Daily - Immolation Spirits (great DPS against a single target) (rank 3)
Daily - Tyrannical Threat (great DPS against multiple targets, 3 is the bare minimum) (rank 3).

Powers (PVP):
Encounter (1) - Harrowstorm (Knock the target in air after applying a Curse) (rank 3/4)
Encounter (2) - Dreadtheft (big damage, great buff and debuff) OR Hadar's Grasp (lift your foe into the air, very slow animation) (rank 3)
Encounter (3) - Killing Flames (great burst damage on already wounded targets) (rank 4)
Class Feature - Shadow Walk (add great mobility) (rank 4)
Class Feature - All-Consuming Curse (apply Lesser Curse to targets, very good together with the Feat Infernal Wrath, plus other interactions) (rank 4)
Daily - Immolation Spirits (great DPS against a single target) (rank 3).

Advice:
Boost CHA, CON and INT in this order. You want to aim for, at least, a 34% Critical Chance or you are going to suffer. Focus on Life Steal.

Equipment:
Pact Blade of Elemental Fire, Dusk Assault armor set (PVE)/Burning set (PVP), Seldarine set (better healing and survivability)/Lostmauth set (a modest buff on personal DPS), Vorpal Enchantment, Ring of Brutality, Ring of Sudden Life Steal (PVE)/Drowcraft Assault Ring (PVP), Savage enchantments in Offense slots, Dark enchantments in Defense slots, Lesser Soulforged Enchantment (PVE)/Negation Enchantment (PVP), Sigil of the Devoted (main), Lantern of Revelation, Sigil of the Controller, Sigil of the Great Weapon Fighter, if you have the Vanguard's Banner use it instead of the last one; the Emblem of the Seldarine should take the place of the Sigil of the Great Weapon. As for Overload Slots I suggest to put in a Purified Restoration Enchantment coupled with a Red Dragon Glyph (PVP)/Black Dragon Glyph (PVE).

Boons:
Sharandar - Elven Ferocity (DPS), Elvish Fury (DPS, healing) (PVE)/Elven Resolve (stamina) (PVP)
Dread Ring - Shadowtouch (DPS), Rampaging Madness (DPS, healing) (PVE)/Endless Consumption (better use of Life Steal for personal use) (PVP)
Underdark - Drow Ambush Tactics (more Combat Advantage DPS), Dwarven Stamina (stamina)
Tyranny of Dragons - Dragon's Thirst (Life Steal, healing)
Icewind Dale - Cool Resolve (DPS, healing), Winter's Bounty (AP gain).

Companion:
I often run with a tank companion, an Earth Archon in my case, but there are many circumstances were you should unsummon it. It takes some threat off of you or your party... (better if you can provide him a Girdle of the Loyal Defender) most of the time it's good, sometimes is bad.
I use sometimes a striker too. A purple Red Powrie can provide me a little Life Steal and will deal some damage to foes, though it's a very cheap companion. A far better one will be a Duergar Theurge, still not very costly, it's worthy.
You can provide them with some Eldtrich or some Bonding Runestone if you have enough ADs.

Example of scale of damage in a fast Lair of Lostmauth run (IL 2.5k): Soul Scorch (47%), Dreadtheft (21%), Immolating Blast (17%), Fiery Bolt (7%), Essence Defiler (4%), etc.

The following image is a Paingiver chart taken in the Lair of Lostmauth (SW 2.4k IL + Seldarine set). 1st. was a 2.3k GWF, 2nd. was a 2.4k CW (Renegade with Lostmauth set):

Enjoy.
Sunrise_Knights.jpg

- All I say it's just my opinion. Peace. -
- Sunrise Knights are always recruiting active good-hearted players ;) 'Let the Sun shine!' -
Post edited by arcofortep12 on

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    thanks for the build

you miss one most important thing in this build, I saw lots of warlocks in PVP having the wrong offhandfeat
    its called borrowed time in combination with the offhand feat
    this feature is the most important in every PVP setup because it gives you 15% deflection for free ! so you will have about 22-25% deflect in the end...that´s the difference between dieing and not dieing
    It´s a "must have" like shadow walk

also soul reaping is 4,5x70 stats, thats about 300 LS, not that much
    desperate restoration 3/3 in PVP is also an option to go in case you want to do PVP, +15% selfheal when things become close is a great push, must have in PVP i would say

vampiric sparks gives you a bonus from 3% or 4% LS as I remember its definetely more than tooltip tells (30x0,05=1,5%)
    compounded soul is about 5k HP, that´s pathetic compared to other buffs from DC or OP but the only support warlock can deliver, I would take 3% LS because 5k HP will not change anything in PVE and it´s only "a chance"...who ever developed this c.rap should be desmissed

since its PVE + PVP i understand the decision to go for LS+ compounded soul but the overall benefit esp in PVP is probably better the other way
  • spqwnspqwn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    Soul Reaping is 16.5x70=1150 -> almost 3% lifesteal

Check it ingame. nwcalc showing 4.5 is wrong
  • spqwnspqwn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    For lifesteal... a lot of high lvl dark echantments in your defense slots + the SH lifesteal boon.

I would not stack lifesteal. I have ~14% without any darks.

For PVP, SW does better with stacking HP and trying to build up soul sparks as fast as possible, imho.
    LifeSteal is unreliable and is better for classes that can dodge a lot. LifeSteal does not help you survive that 100k+ shocking, HP might.

Warlocks should make use of Borrowed Time, as it passively heals you while in combat. Even when you are CCd. Borrowed Time + Warlocks Bargain + LifeSteal from soulsparks + Soul Reaping (2.9%) + Hope Stealer(1.75%) + ToD boon (3%) ... plenty of lifesteal and healing sources. No need to stack lifesteal.

From what I have seen, Borrowed time heals % of max HP.
    At 30 soul sparks, that would be 9.6% of HP heal every 2 seconds

Not sure if the healing is affected by healing depression in PVP though...
    edited October 2015
    My lock has 12% - 13,5% depends on equip
    i got 800 (2x400) stats from boons+ 3% from ToD
    800 LS from SH boons
    1600 LS+ToD= 8% LS
    equip offhand+ mainhand + one draconic rank 10 in defence slot = 1607 LS
    so without augment its 12% PVE, 13,5% PVP

in case soul reaping gives 3% its 15% PVE, hope stealer + vampiric sparks gives you about 5% or more so in case you run 30 sparks you are >20% not even focussing on darks in the defence slots
    if you put darks in all defence slots from augment and equip its way more
    assuming maxed gear its 8x darks rank 10 is 3440 Lifesteal , thats about.....8,7% LS more or less
    so maximum would be 29% LS if maxedd ToD boon 31%
    aura of cruelty? if it stacks 36%
    if you would add 4x LS artifacts it +4000 LS...about 10%
    46% is maximum, not sure if I forgot something

in case of deflection I took boons 800 + sigil of warlock 929 lev 139+ the trouser = 1912 + 3% from boons Dread ring so its 9,9% in the end
    + offhand feat with 30 sparks up its its about 25% deflection, beside the healing effect
    25% deflection is a great number and helps a lot to stay alive even in PVP
    in times of armor penetration becoming more important deflection is stat that should not be forgotten

desperate restoration was considered to be the best option for PVP setup mod 4+5+6 since I did not test it
    I only can tell you that most PVP locks take this feat if I am correct
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    edited October 2015
    if SH boon is at max you get>50% LS chance (8000 LS max i guess) 20%=74% LS chance in the end.... :)
    at this moment your temptation lock will do a good job in PVE i guess
    the capstone is silly, in every aspect
    damnation is best in PVE in every aspect, puppet is bugged or WAI I don´t know, I don´t care
    some say being maxed fury is better compared to damnation but I never did a run with a fury with maxed gear and every fury I met I outdamaged signifiantly even running a PVP setup
    I played fury in PVP (before damnation few month ago) and have to say I do not like it in the sum, applying the curse every time, in case you miss, your capstone doesn´t work....B.ulls.hit
    just ruins every fast rotation, and makes you spamming the TAB key all time because Warlocks curse has a latency like my grandma
    the puppet deals more damage in dungeons than creeping death and you have to get very much gear to compensate that
    Fury deals more damage with at will and encounter, 10-20% (ACT) theoretically 37,5% from overall damage in case you only deal necrotic damage (60/160)
    My spark regenertion is far better as damnation having immolationspirits 20 seconds up, they refill your sparks in no time if critting
    firy burst from spirits is up to 20% damage !! in fighting single targets, just comes after wrath claw, Soul Scorch often only at third place even spamming them

Aavalanche is multiproccing due to Creeping death and kills you if you do not keep distance in PVP, so a fury is allways at distance in PVP, I don´t like that and its hard to manage lots of time
    Despite that all PVP focussed pro player are fury because the puppet is a onehit and you definitely can deal more damage to single target in PVP due to that 60% + from necrotic damage
    I run damnation and can cap not having any issue with avalanche at all, in case they fix it... ok I would think about fury

Temptation is also good in PVP, hard to kill and very mobile, tbh temptation 1vs 1 brings down a damnation warlock due to mobility and selfheal
    until now I faced lots of current warlock 1vs 1 as damnation in PVP, even better geared, and managed most of them with a few exceptions like maxed player and a.... temptationlock
    I am pretty sure temptation + 15 points in fury is a good way to go for PVP having not BIS gear, and i probably would respec to it in case the capstone is fixed, until than I enjoy damantion in PVE+PVP because its the best overall setup imo
    in case the puppet will be fixed sometime it will also get better in PVP (25kHP is a oneshot, redicules ...)
    the puppet is down by two at will from GWF so in PVP no real support
    I do not have avalanche but others do quite a lot DC , tank etc. it a pasive proc and kills you if you stay near your target, fury suffers from that
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Hey mates, don't forget transcendent lifedrinker. +5% lifesteal and +20% severity.
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Necrotic damage procs creeping death. It's not the best echantment for pvp or pve but works quite well in both.
  • jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    Being temptation means the core of the build is life stealing to heal yourself and others. So the lifedrinker enchantment is good as it means more healing for all and some extra damage. Granted that's if it works as described, and increases LS as written as the old description was simply a portion of damage healed you.

Listing this as high dps is misleading. Renegade CW are high damage but that's due to having incredible party buffs. So they won't be topping the charts simply because their bonuses are added to everyone else's damage too. Comparing it too selfish dps builds (fury SW, GWF, thaumaturge's) is a more accurate way of comparing damage.

I don't agree with taking the 3rd feat in fury your damage is low so 10% more after being hit won't help much. While 5% mitigation from temptation helps your party more as mobs do a lot more damage per hit then the extra 10% you would get back in healing.

Also dreadtheft is generally better for group damage and your survivability then fiery bolt - dependent on group and dungeon difficulty. If it's super high damage group then DT won't matter but neither will FB. If it's a tougher run then DT will help keep you alive and deliver more damage to packs of mobs also 5% debuff to mob DR is good for helping dps. Combine it with ACC and switch to the alternate 3rd fury feat and you have a real winner.

That's all I got for now. Good luck with your build.
  • jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    You posted where your damage comes from 4% TT is a problem as well as 20% SS it seems to me you use SS too much so you don't maintain your stacks of damage buffs the TT being low is due to not using dust to dust I.e. you don't spam TT enough. You don't offer any support to the group using FB and being an SW you can't take a hit without WB or DT running, and I suspect you would be 3rd in dps so you rarely have aggro - either tank or high dps or healer has it. So 10% extra personal damage after being hit is not that useful in a group setting its fine for solo purposes, but the alternate is just as good and better in a group if you use ACC and DT, and you're already using ACC.

DT on single target is horrible damage DT on 3+ targets it's great damage. While using it for a boss fight is fine because you need to be alive to heal it should only be used to get debuff and defensive stacks channeling it for the 6s is terrible against a single target. The reason being you don't build sparks as fast as spamming essence defiler for more SS unless you have multiple targets. Another problem with FB is it won't build sparks against groups as fast as DT. I'm not saying drop FB but keep them both for mob packs drop WB, but it is group dependent decision. Good tank and heals FB bad tank or heals WB, but you should have DT for mobs if your dpsers aren't cutting them down immediately ( lol gwf in skirmishes when you don't pull multiple packs). Granted I'd take harrowstorm for building sparks and damage over FB, but again so much depends on the group - some groups I can barely build spark no matter what I slot, and I don't complain about it.

As to stacking mitigation I'd like to hear how to stack 50% with a DC without using encounters. The 5% mitigation is low but its still better then other feats you took is more to the point. You like to shadow slip alot apparently, but you can't do anything while shadow slipping. You could also slot wraiths shadow if you want to mitigate more damage. Not my first choice but its really the only choice for the class.

I'm also curious about your LS percent at 1800 il, and no boons. At that IL the 5% from lifedrinker should be useful. I'd expect you to be about 20% after temptation feats.

Thank you for the reply I look forward to seeing your actual damage numbers.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1206581/i-think-ill-delete-my-warlock-shock

Anyone who is evidently struggling to play a class, should not be posting guides for other players to follow on how to play that class, as it means they simply going to stuff up their characters in the same way and have trouble playing. I would suggest looking at some of the cookie cutter SW builds and following them or doing some real, empirical testing on the preview server (not 5 minutes testing, a full 6 hour stretch of testing) and getting proper data on what works and what doesn't. I know plenty of players who find SW to perform just fine without the soul puppet, obviously it doesn't perform for them as well as it does for the puppeteers but they have no issues and no, they not BiS either.

His post doesn't really deserve a reply as always. I would have not replied even if pertinent but I manifest my unhappyness for the displace of dirt in this topic too.

I'm unhappy about the inability to have an ignore list on this forum. :/

You upset because I am pointing out that firstly you do no formal testing , you just pick feats at random from what "looks good to you" string them together and then write a "guide". This is evident if one takes the time to read over all the different guides in the relevant class forums, you really have no idea how to do any testing or how to properly build a char. All you really want to do is make a lot of noise on the forums and pretend you know what you doing. Secondly, your format is terrible and makes it difficult to read. Take a look at the format used in ironzerg' CW guide or Kolatmaster's SW guide or paladin guide, all 3 of those guides are user friendly, formatted well and easy fo read where as yours is just a jumbled mess with little to no spacing and little to no discussion about the class in general. All in all, honestly, all your guides deserve a "warning: playing in this manner is potentially harmful for your character. I do not test stuff when writing these guides and I just choose what feels good to me." Its really evident you do no real testing when you look at some of the choices you make in all your guides and even further evident when you look at all your posts about "please tell me what abilities are bugged at rank 4" posts. Things like that are easy to determine by yourself and by going off of a secondary source without testing undermines the integrity of your information. Rather then spending 10 minutes to half an hour testing all the things you constantly like to query, you ask other players who may or may not also be going off hearsay.

All in all, to anyone looking for a guide for any class in particular, I recommend you stay away from guides written by @arcofortep12
    I would try Temptation path only in case of testing its performance in PVP
    Atm this path provides no good Party Buffs nor healing ability compared to a DC or OP imo
    In case I would spec Temptation it would be specced as so played 1:1 like damnation or fury using the best damage encounter
    and the same rotations because
    poor damage= poor heal
    edited October 2015
    Oh and lastly:
    To quote your thread title:
    (DPS + healing + buff + debuff + CC)

To quote your thread:
    CC: None to Low.

debuff???
    There is a single debuff in your entire feat setup, thats helltouched, which only applies for you and not the party. The debuff from weapon enchantment is irrelevant because its guaranteed being applied by either a gf, or a dc, or a CW.

Contradiction much???? Or is it false advertising?

Weapon Mastery (3), Toughness (2), Shadow Fold (5), Empowered Rituals (3), Determined Casting (5), Soul Reaping (3), Devastating Critical (3).

24 feat points allocated? Please explain how as even with human, 23 is the absolute maximum.

Evident copy paste of format and little thought shown to actual writing of content is really, the ultimate nail in the coffin for pretty much all of your writing.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    There is absolutely no point having a templock since devotion OP launch, most dungeons require healer, he queues, he might be a OP devotion, cant protect half the DC' s but heals you up in a second (seriously a second)

About the mitigation: 4 SW ways: compound soul, aura of despair, helish rebulk feats and hand of blight with main hand artifact power(wraith of shadow too but is honestly hard to use and bad) and 2 global classes aditions, pure or transcendent terror it's worse than holy avenger in situations with several targets since holy avenger actually boosts team DR and terror has to be recasted on each target every 5 seconds if not mistaken because sadly is not spread by TT, but it also reduces target DR speading things and the othrr way Defender's banner (the best imo between emblem of seldarine, op sigil and tiamat's orb, you can argue with "but those are better for revival, the best for revivals is eye of lathander, hands down).

Im not sure abou hand of blight debuff, but the sum would be around 32% less damage and 5% temporary HP from time to time, this would be the way to help a devotion OP and most of it can be achieved by fury tree (exept aura of despair and componded soul), including the so famous dark revelry. And honestly, from the many dungeon s I have ran, a faster wipe prevents deads.
    Post edited by treesclimber on

edited November 2015

There is absolutely no point having a templock since devotion OP launch, most dungeons require healer, he queues, he might be a OP devotion, cant protect half the DC' s but heals you up in a second (seriously a second)

About the mitigation: 4 SW ways: compound soul, aura of despair, helish rebulk feats and hand of blight with main hand artifact power(wraith of shadow too but is honestly hard to use and bad) and 2 global classes aditions, pure or transcendent terror it's worse than holy avenger in situations with several targets since holy avenger actually boosts team DR and terror has to be recasted on each target every 5 seconds if not mistaken because sadly is not spread by TT, but it also reduces target DR speading things and the othrr way Defender's banner (the best imo between emblem of seldarine, op sigil and tiamat's orb, you can argue with "but those are better for revival, the best for revivals is eye of lathander, hands down).

Im not sure abou hand of blight debuff, but the sum would be around 32% less damage and 5% temporary HP from time to time, this would be the way to help a devotion OP and most of it can be achieved by fury tree (exept aura of despair and componded soul), including the so famous dark revelry. And honestly, from the many dungeon s I have ran, a faster wipe prevents deads.

in short:
    1. combound soul....5k HP on top? 5 points wasted imo even for PVP, take vampire sparks for Capstone or take a damage feature from fury tree imo
    2. aura of dispair 5% less damage from enemies in ------>20 feet area <------- for PVE and PVP <font color="orange">HAMSTER you have to stand all time beside the boss dragon etc. HAMSTER
    3. Hellish rebuke ? That´s a hellbringer feat, sry HB doesn´t work in mod 6/7/8, not working for SB
    4. HoB main Hand feature is ok to take ..... but being Soulbinder for sure you will use essence defiler most time to build sparks and spam Soul Scorch, because -----> no damage no heal, simple as that.... so no time to debuff your targets all time effectively with HoB

so nothing of this is useful for any build, nothing

Post edited by schietindebux on