test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Play With the Devs: Demogorgon Fight - 11/16 from 3-4pm PT

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Demogorgon is ever closer to making his appearance in Neverwinter on November 17. To prepare adventurers for the so-called Prince of Demons, the developers have decided to host a “Play With the Devs: Demogorgon Fight!” On Monday, November 16 from 3-4pm PT, a number of Cryptic developers will be on the Preview shard queuing up for Demogorgon. Join them in taking down this demon lord!

Requirements:
- Must be on the Preview shard
- Character must be level 70
- Character must have an iLvl of at least 2000
- Character must have progressed far enough into the Underdark campaign to unlock the Demogorgon fight.

We hope to see you there!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9654083

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Well, my computer's bust so i won't be there... :(
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Are you guys going to stream this on the Twitch channel?
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    ...while I can understand that you're bound to your office hours, doing this in your afternoon places events like this in the wee hours throughout Europe. I'd love to participate, but my alarm for Tue goes off ca. 4.5h after the event ends... ...no way.

Can't you do stuff like this in your local morning? Then it would be late evening over here - when the server population (AFAI can know it from Steamcharts) is the highest...

Sure, no rescheduling of this event, but might that be an option in future ones??? Or maybe make it a double-event - one in your late morning, so early-bird-working Europeans can participate, and one in your afternoon, so the US crowd is back from school/work...
    Post edited by suicidalgodot on
  • Options
    gluggogluggo Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    how does one get to the preview shard?
  • Options
    grndma2soongrndma2soon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    We just had 15 people TRY to run Demogorgon. Everyone has met the requirements and still get the message that requirements are not met. This has been reported many times. NOBODY can enter! The devs will be lonely in Demogoron fight come Monday if this issue is not resolved.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    I also have that problem of not meeting the requirement when I tried to enter.

-Character must have progressed far enough into the Underdark campaign to unlock the Demogorgon fight.

This is not very clear in game, at the entrance it does not indicate any requirement except being lvl 70 with ilvl of 2000.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    cap1776cap1776 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I don't have a level 70 character yet, and wouldn't make any comment, but I haven't seen the term ilvl before, as I am pretty new. Could someone please explain what ilvl is?
  • Options
    erosennin92erosennin92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    If it is possible to enter on Monday I'll participate for sure ;).

Azeroth Godwill - (Half)Drow - Virtuous AC DC - iLvL 4k

• Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    cap1776 said:

I don't have a level 70 character yet, and wouldn't make any comment, but I haven't seen the term ilvl before, as I am pretty new. Could someone please explain what ilvl is?

It's the summed up Itemlevel* of all the gear you are wearing on your character. It's also summed up for convenient reference in your charsheet's right hand stat list - right on top of it. Many endgame zones, especially dungeons, but also Tiamat's Temple, have gated access only for chars with an ILvl beyond a certain threshold - e.g. 1,6k and 2.0k for the Tier 1 and Tier 2 dungeons, respectively.

Since everything on an item - stat buff, base damage,... - is calculated using that item's level as a factor or exponent, and later on the upgrade level in artfacts and artiGear it's supposedly a good measure for that char's in-game power and capability...

...just it isn't for various reasons.

*you can see each item's ILvl in its mouse-over popup, mostly found in the top part of that statcard.
  • Options
    marcoparad85marcoparad85 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    I am at 70 and well above 2 k ilvl, Bruenor has given me the quest for the Demogorgon fight but I still can't get in.
    Any thoughts?

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I believe you have to also have done enough of the Underdark campaign to have it unlocked.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    grndma2soongrndma2soon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I believe you have to also have done enough of the Underdark campaign to have it unlocked.

How much is enough? I have completed over half and opened epic. I also have 3.7K ilv.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

How much is enough? I have completed over half and opened epic. I also have 3.7K ilv.
    I don't know. I haven't been on preview enough to test it. :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Just a small request, is there a chance for "When is this in your time zone" link in the new blog like it used to be, with all the time savings and zones it's saves a lot of time and hassle to just click and get it in the right zone.

I think sites like http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/ allow setting events.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Sorry for those who can't make it due to the time zone, but the devs are very limited on time. I'll ask them for more information on actually getting into the fight.

Also, this won't be streamed. :(

• Options
    The fight should be working now!

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Bummer. I wanted to see it.

No one streamed it?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    did it happen?
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Thank you everyone for joining! My group got a good three runs in.

• Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    valwryn said:

Nice pic of me!!!

The top pic looks like a poster for the future movie "Adventurers Assemble". B)

More like "Negation Assemble" ;)