test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shortest sword for GWF

apollidapollid Member Posts: 15 Arc User
Hi!

Does anyone know which is the shortest, smallest sword for a great weapon fighter? I want to know to transmute mine. I just don't like the extra large swords..

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...there are some IMHO good-looking, short 2hdd axes: The Ice Axe (gotta find a vintage one on the AH, though, Dungeon where it dropped is AWOL :^/ ), and the Volcanic Axe (which might even be called "Volcanic Greatsword", but it is an Axe) obtainable as BoA Prize during the "Battle of the Bridge" Call to Arms. It should also become available again during the Simril Event, and might then even be BoE.

I use(d) both on my Dwarven GWF, because I got really fed up with his Sword dangling into the topsoil...

BTW the Model of the Volcanic Axe can be seen in the Seven Suns Coster Market - just as a plain steel one, not the cool-looking obsidian black with glowing lava veins material the Volcanic one has. AND this axe also had been available as an epic drop from Icewind Dale HEs, as Elk Tribe Noble's Axe...
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    The one from Bahamut's Champion Booster pack is quite short and nice looking :)
  • tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Not a sword, but the Turmian Hammer from Dread Ring Skirmish is short...... I think...
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    sobac said:

Troll. :D

About the question. There r some quite short hammers (like hammerstone one) or axes (vulcaninc one iirc) but tbh i ever encountered short sword for gwf.

Just to make it clean, Bahamut one is one of biggest sword in this game.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    the volcanic greataxe is short and the sunite isnt huge I use the waukeen GS and its long but not super FF7 big like most
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited November 2015

sobac said:

Troll. :D

About the question. There r some quite short hammers (like hammerstone one) or axes (vulcaninc one iirc) but tbh i ever encountered short sword for gwf.

Just to make it clean, Bahamut one is one of biggest sword in this game.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain
    No way :o Wasn't trolling at all. Saw a guildie (dragonborn GWF) with one of those months ago and HAMSTER, it was like a knife :o My apologies if that sword is indeed one of the biggest, was much much shorter than my Gilded Greatsword of Waukeen I had when I compared both.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Dragonborn are so huge that most weapons look tiny in their hands, similar to how poorly long items scale for halflings and dwarves (clipping into the ground).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The maul from the Grey Wolf CTA is noticeably shorter than other GWF weapons.

The Sunite transmute is also a little shorter than other sword models.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    Battle of the Bridge CTA is on the calendar... ...so get that axe there & then.
  • zwergenschubserzwergenschubser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    wonderous bazaar - for 10k AD a very short axe skin
    [Mitteilung] Von [Brienne von Tarth]: ach du bist der klugscheißer aus dem forum, wird ja immer schöner xD
    [Mitteilung] an [Brienne von Tarth]: ja genau der bin ich
    [Systemmeldung] Brienne von Tarth ignoriert Sie.
    [Mitteilung] an [mich selbst]: pvp ist schon geil
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    sobac said:

No way :o Wasn't trolling at all. Saw a guildie (dragonborn GWF) with one of those months ago and HAMSTER, it was like a knife :o My apologies if that sword is indeed one of the biggest, was much much shorter than my Gilded Greatsword of Waukeen I had when I compared both.

If that:

is small, i have no idea what u call big ;p

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Swords i dont think you can find a shorter one

Axes
    Like zwergenschubser said abouve - "wonderous bazaar - for 10k AD a very short axe skin free apparence change"
    the other option is a Greataxe+4 is the exact skin as the one in Salvager store

Hammers
    The Batllehammer (IWD purple) 2 handed hammer is also short but is really expensive these days
    and the Turmain greathammer is a bit longer but is free apparence change and only cost time to get (from Dred Ring Skirmish)
    The "Battle of the Bridge"-CtA is on schedule for one of the next three weekends. Run it a few times, collect Medaillons of Battle, and grab that Volcanic Axe from the Event Merchant. Not a single AD needed...