test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 8 Rings Of Stealth Revealing [Class Mechanic Breaking]

iguresaniguresan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
Hi guys, im there to discuss this situation about how the stealth class mechanic gonna be broke next mod by some simple reasons.

1° Reason - Ring of Reflex Sight: 5~25% chance that when stuck by a foe u reveal all stealthed foes around you, 20 secs cooldown.

Lets start, if u test this ring on ptr, its clear that when the stealthed player is revealed by several seconds, something near 10 secs. The cooldown is 20 secs so 50% of the time u have stealth sight and you're able to hit the TR on stealth perfectly.

2° Reason - Ring of Vision: every 30 seconds you have 10 seconds of stealth sight.

So, when you dont have the steath sight from the first ring, probably you may have from the second one, thats clear that the develop team want to break the stealth mechanic totaly on pvp, becouse with this two rings u can break 80% of the stealth.

3° Reason - TR Path of Feats: Two of the 3 TR paths are stealth based, the last one that is based on deflection and control is nerfed and cant even control people, tank, lifesteal or do damange well.. so what is supposed for TRs go for?

The fact that TR isnt the only class with stealth mecanic is useless, becouse HRs have their class mechanic untouched, the real fact is that rings have being created only for break tr class mechanic.

TRs do have 75% deflect severity is another thing that people could use as a point of view for stealth mechanic break, but, even if you go full deflection and scoundrel, you wont be able to fight any other class at same level, becouse all other have better combat mechanics to heal HP or create control.

Please understand the point of vision and dont release something to break just ONE class on the game.

Wanna see everyone's point of view.

(Mod Edit: Do not use All-Caps. Thanks.)
Post edited by zebular on

Answers

• Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    I agree but they are doing absolutly nothing about it, and think about it, pvp is dead and buried already, so why bother? They think the game is really balanced and perfectly playable, it's not just TR's, everything is wrong, my main is my scourge, i dont even get in pvp anymore.

• Options
    dungsteniodungstenio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    No stealfh = dead TR hahahaha.
    Dev's try to play pvp as a TR without stalfh, only then u can creat something like that.
  • Options
    sher0013sher0013 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    This is insane. First they kill the class in pve (again) by nerfing executioner capstone, now they are killing it in pvp. I mean, TRs will be of no use now. Yes, they won't die instantly, but GWF and GF will be much more effective since they are tougher and still can deal a lot of damage in pvp.
    Moreover - what's with the idea of making a ring that mimics one class' TAB ability? Why don't we get rings that allow melee classes become rDD for 10 seconds or make non-GWF character activate Unstoppable, huh?
  • Options
    The true is, they've nerfd exect capstone becouse they dunno how to fix the double proc... and about the rings, its clearly a anti-class equipment, created becouse of the tears on forum and rages about TRs generated by people that dunno even how a TR can keep stealth up...

Devs have nerfd TR stealth every mod and giving something good back, like critical rate by at will stealth comsuption or greater damange instead of a pvp set with 30% stealth bar.. but now thats no sense, why dont they remove the class from the game instead of doing this no sense adds?
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    yeah its pretty lame, however since it will make TR weaker thereby benefit all the other classes, you won't see much support here.

now the ring that removed their buffs...holy HAMSTER was there a firestorm and it got pulled from launch. there is a double standard
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    No item should mess up a class core mechanic or combat core mechanic. It creates more and more problems.
    Also, if these rings are introduced, we will end up with all PvPers and their moms using it. Which means a TR would be "revealed" quite often.
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    Just for clarification as I have not tested these, but they do not affect the HR stealth? Is that correct?
  • Options
    They do, they affect HR stealth, TR stealth and Stealth Ring Stealth.
  • Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    iguresan said:

They do, they affect HR stealth, TR stealth and Stealth Ring Stealth.

I think many of you are missing the bigger picture here. Stealth IS NO LONGER just a TR ability (or a TR and HR ability). The new rings allow ANY class to use stealth when they trigger, so it's only reasonable they have some kind of counter to it in the game. (Now ... was it reasonable to add rings that allow GWFs and CWs to stealth? That's a different issue).
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Nope. That's the most idiotic thing they could ever think of. I mean, stealth in this game was already a source of issues on TRs alone.
    So now yeah, why not allow EVERY CLASS to use stealth? Please tell me, who is the genius behind the idea?

And here we were all thinking "may be they will balance PvP one day", but no!! You surprise us introducing even more broken and un-needed HAMSTER items!!!!
  • Options
    lightweight#1008 lightweight Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thanks for ruining the game for all TRs with theses rings. Giving everyone our stealth ability and allowing everyone to see us in stealth.... that makes a lot of sense lol. This is the most ridiculous idea I have ever seen. Rogues will now be irrelevant in PVE and PVP. Please do not release these rings. EVER. Thanks
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    @asterdahl

if there are rings not supposed to delete every buffs like gwf class mechanic (unstoppable) and another like sw sparks, why is there a ring to nullify tr stealth which is their defensive tool like unstoppable may be for gwfs?
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    First : 90% stealth time is not a core mechanic especially when you can attack under stealth, this a bad designed class, that people use to kill without a chance to fight back considering the 10% remaining they are under ITC.

Second At end game the best TRs prooved during the NCL that they can do thousands of kills with only few deaths.
    That's a total unbalance considering the global performance/ratio of the others best strikers class-character during this event.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    balorin said:

First : 90% stealth time is not a core mechanic especially when you can attack under stealth, this a bad designed class, that people use to kill without a chance to fight back considering the 10% remaining they are under ITC.

Second At end game the best TRs prooved during the NCL that they can do thousands of kills with only few deaths.
    That's a total unbalance considering the global performance/ratio of the others best strikers class-character during this event.

TRs need a great amount of skill and planning bro, its not just create a TR and start killing people.. and now even with steath, some high rank players using GFs, GWFs, HRs and even some CWs have the same level of fighting against a TR. If u say that is ''impossible'' to kill a TR its becouse u never trained against them.. pvp is a game of tatic and not only walk and click...

The second part about the NLC event, leaderbord mean nothing, most of the TRs with high K/D ratios was running full premades or running solo, as we that REALY play pvp know, the matchmaking is completely useless, so if u're alone u gonna probably get players with a significant lower gear level tham you and if you're in a premade, as TR, the main strategy of holding gonna make u end with a better k/d ratio unless the enemy team have a good strategy.

The real point of this topic is, create an equip just to break stealth that is perfectly balacied now finaly, gonna break the game even and even more, its the same thing as remove a gwf unstoppable or a SW curse 90% of time from the match..
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    @asterdahl

How is nullifying TR's TAB ability not a huge balancing change for Mod 8? I am very interested on the direction the devs would like TRs to take in PvP. Are you gonna give us a shield or unstoppable??
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    TRs need a great amount of skill and planning bro, its not just create a TR and start killing people.. and now even with steath, some high rank players using GFs, GWFs, HRs and even some CWs have the same level of fighting against a TR. If u say that is ''impossible'' to kill a TR its becouse u never trained against them.. pvp is a game of tatic and not only walk and click...

The second part about the NLC event, leaderbord mean nothing, most of the TRs with high K/D ratios was running full premades or running solo, as we that REALY play pvp know, the matchmaking is completely useless, so if u're alone u gonna probably get players with a significant lower gear level tham you and if you're in a premade, as TR, the main strategy of holding gonna make u end with a better k/d ratio unless the enemy team have a good strategy.

The real point of this topic is, create an equip just to break stealth that is perfectly balacied now finaly, gonna break the game even and even more, its the same thing as remove a gwf unstoppable or a SW curse 90% of time from the match..

Are you seriously telling to us best TRS never fought other premades during the NCL (one monthe event), against other well geared and "skilled players".
    The NCL mean everything and you know it, this is a perfect event to see wich class is OP (when played correctly), and if you don't go to tell that to the SW, there were not 40 in the top 1000 due to the obvious lack of interrest of the class for domination.

To be in the first 40 TRs, it was at maximum something like page 4-5-6, it was the most diffcult class to win the prizes due to the huge niumbers of players who perfectly understood the opness of this class, and so the competion was hard between them.

The kill/death ratio is a perfect asset to see wich striker class is op linked to the win/loss ratio.

Those rings may are not the best way to balance things but at least it is something.
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    I think first ring makes sense but second not. If a tr attacks, the been attacked player should be able to see tr. This has been implemented before and the ring basically extended the time. The time can be tweaked but I think it is not bad design. But the second ring is a bit broken, tr should be able to hide without attacking.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    I invite you to check the kill death ratio today.
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    About the moving stealth ring, is that means party of 5 are able to skip all the mods and directly stealth run to the boss in dungeon?
  • Options
    hanothhanoth Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    If these rings get released I'll quit. I have used every TR's build imaginable except the plaguefore Shadows Demise glitch build and I must say I love the class.

Stealth and mobility is the TR counter to the GWF's CC break and insane damage and to the HR's perma stun.

If they release these rings then even maxed out deflect TR's aill get owned by seriously undergeared opponents.
  • Options
    respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    they might as well remake every class in the game from scratch again and figure out what they did wrong