test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Underdark Community Goals with Server-Wide Rewards! (Revised)

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2015 in News & Announcements
Update 12/1: It’s time to announce the results of our Underdark Community Goals! The community met a total of four of six goals, which isn’t too shabby. Here are the dates that the rewards will be on the Zen Market for free (all of them will start at 10am PST and end at 9:59am PST the following day):

Thurs, 12/3: Stone of Health
Fri, 12/4: 3x Preservation Wards
Mon, 12/7: 4x Black Dye Bottles
Tues, 12/8: 5x Scrolls of Life

As for the goals that weren’t met, no need to fret. We’ll plan additional events to make up for them in the near future – possibly some in-game events.

Thanks for participating!

It's time for our Underdark Community Goals! Take a look at what goals we need to meet in order to unlock free items for everyone. Spread the word! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9641433

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Vouchers..? Basic ones no less. I don't think you guys realize how little these things contribute.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Is the vouchers a mis-post?

Do you realize the amount they offer is almost meaningless?

Even if they are 100 basic AD vouchers.. it would be meaningless..

a 1000.. next to meaningless.

You would have to give 10k worth of them to make them even close to meaningful.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Eh. Compared to the Strongholds community rewards these are pretty underwhelming ...
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    A minor voucher is the one worth 1000 AD (1 chest).

I have no idea what a basic voucher is worth. Probably not much, but better than what people are thinking it is.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2015

A minor voucher is the one worth 1000 AD (1 chest).

I have no idea what a basic voucher is worth. Probably not much, but better than what people are thinking it is.

Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • moradinallfathermoradinallfather Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    So glad the rewards you offer are so close to worthless, as I don't do the facebook or the tweet. Now I'm certain I'm not missing anything.
  • dbpunchdbpunch Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Thanks for 10 AD :smile:
    Well dont think of it as 10 ad.. think of it as 1/2 of 1% of a skirmish run.

Makes it better right =P.

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    It's not 10 AD. 1 donation in the coffer is multiplied by 1000. So 1 point == 1.000AD. So this Voucher is actualy 10 points == 10.000AD

Edit: Although that still doesn't mean like much, but just trying to clarify.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    It's 10k AD, not 10 AD.

1 ad .. 10 ad.. 10kad.. its paltry compared to similar promotions in the past..

Ive earned more from them showing up for streams!

Thanks @two30 for the visuals.

Additionally, I now know that the top-tier repeatable Underdark campaign tasks can award either of 10k AD for the Stronghold or 4k AD for me, for the same invested resources. I had wondered about that.

I always think of the surplus equipment vouchers in terms of "green items I don't have to insert one by one". So a basic voucher is 97 greens.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• acro33acro33 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    Seems like the devs didn't think that people would actually reach the goals they set the last time and that was the only reason they had good rewards. Then they got surprised at how quickly those goals were reached and had to pony up.
    Now, they learned their lesson and know we'd reach the new goals and thus only have HAMSTER rewards.
    They don't want us to have nice things without working unproportionally hard for them.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    10,000 AD per Account. Guilds with like 100 Accounts get 1,000,000 AD in form of Vouchers. I don't know what the complaint is all about.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • schwapperdapperschwapperdapper Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    PC only, correct? Nothing for Xbox?
    Its more a general complaint.

If they gave us double AD instead, we could've made 1 million ad, gave 100k to the coffers and allowed us to progress our toons.

I was wrong.. my mind raced to the green voucher to start with, which I think others did.. like wow, a green voucher thanks.. this is better then that.. but overall, a half days grind on one toon, isnt all that rewarding and compared to similar past promotions it really stinks. It only helps larger guilds (with you know progress-able sh's anyways) the salvage one is still kinda of meh.. its few blue donations to me.

So ya, I guess its due to my expectations of the event, more then what they are giving, compared to past ones. I guess if I throw out my expectations, I would say they are "meh, ok" type of rewards.

Nothing Im going to go do the social events to worry about though.

acro33 said:

Seems like the devs didn't think that people would actually reach the goals they set the last time and that was the only reason they had good rewards. Then they got surprised at how quickly those goals were reached and had to pony up.
    Now, they learned their lesson and know we'd reach the new goals and thus only have HAMSTER rewards.
    They don't want us to have nice things without working unproportionally hard for them.

That is utter nonsense. The bar was actually set ambitiously high when Strongholds community rewards were first announced and was adjusted downwards to make it a goal that could be more realistically met.

The rewards here are kind of unimpressive, but it's not some big conspiracy. Step away from the tinfoil.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    karakla1 said:

10,000 AD per Account. Guilds with like 100 Accounts get 1,000,000 AD in form of Vouchers. I don't know what the complaint is all about.

Totally agree with you on that one.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Wow guild vouchers. As a non-guilded player, I'll do my best to contain my excitement. :/
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User

No soup for you (or me) :)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    mahburg said:

Different systems, different contests. PC hasn't had any of the video contest that Xbox has had.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

mahburg said:

Different systems, different contests. PC hasn't had any of the video contest that Xbox has had.
    Indeed we do so well on Xbox after all compared to this side :)
  • acro33acro33 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Why delete people's comments when they're on topic?
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I mostly wish they didn't have to pronounce it 'dee-mo-gorgon'.
    Took awhile to get over their choice of 'rem-or-hazz'.
    Very strange to hear words you've read for over 20 years said out loud.

In any case, free stuff is free stuff...

Source:
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?151-D-D-Pronunciation-Guide#.VkQVpnarQrg
    Bulette: boo-LAY (note that this one is universally condemned by gamers everywhere, so we suggest ignoring WotC and saying "boo-lett")
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
    obsiddia said:

I mostly wish they didn't have to pronounce it 'dee-mo-gorgon'.

It's not just me then.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I apologize if the rewards aren't up to par. This was meant to reward the whole server for doing something small. Although the rewards may not be great, I still do encourage people to participate. It's still free stuff, right?

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    @strumslinger

The rewards are fine IMO bro, let the haters hate. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    I agree: Rewards are OK.

My old codger's thanks to the social media crowd...
This discussion has been closed.