test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boons to new created characters !

pan17pan17 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Can you make the already acquired boons from a level 70 character of all campaigns shareable with a new created character in the same account...?
Completely Boringggggggg repeating all campaigns for boons for a new character....srsly ....?
If someone wants other boons than the already acquired from his first lvl 70 character then and ONLY then he has to repeat the specific campaign for the specific boons he wants to change....
devs pleaseee change it....i say again.... booooringgggg repeatingg all campaigns for the same boons for new alts.....
do i have to repeat it again ....? nope ...
and No i can't buy the 5k zen campaign completions...super expensive ...and also if i had the money ,online external payments are prohibited for my country....

Comments

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    pan17 said:

[...]
    Completely Boringggggggg repeating all campaigns for boons for a new character....srsly ....?
    [...] i say again.... booooringgggg repeatingg
    [...] ...super expensive [...]

...get used to it.

You're in for more of that.

Also in most other MMOs I know so far, BTW. OK, none so expensive...
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User

So sad when people want to skip playing the game yet want to get the rewards for playing..

The problem is more that the artifical time gating makes getting your boons quite an ordeal and incredibly tedious. It's one thing to expect people to do a huge grind like this once or twice, but we have a huge grind for EVERY campaign that's come out, and now end-game content difficulty is aimed at people with all their boons unlocked, so it's something everyone NEEDS to do for EVERY character they intend to play - it's all way too much.

They're apparently doing something with the Underdark boons where if you've done the campaign once, it's much easier to get the boons on each subsequent character. This is a great way of doing it, I think, and they really should have offered it from the beginning, and I hope they implement it or something similar for the older campaigns as well.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User

So sad when people want to skip playing the game yet want to get the rewards for playing..

The problem is more that the artifical time gating makes getting your boons quite an ordeal and incredibly tedious. It's one thing to expect people to do a huge grind like this once or twice, but we have a huge grind for EVERY campaign that's come out, and now end-game content difficulty is aimed at people with all their boons unlocked, so it's something everyone NEEDS to do for EVERY character they intend to play - it's all way too much.
    Fling out 50 per campaign and off you go like you have some fireworks where the sun never shines...

...aw c'mon, an unskilled labor daily wage for a saving a working week worth of tedium - hey, discount price, innit?

They're apparently doing something with the Underdark boons where if you've done the campaign once, it's much easier to get the boons on each subsequent character. This is a great way of doing it, I think, and they really should have offered it from the beginning, and I hope they implement it or something similar for the older campaigns as well.

...yeah. Bad design meeting even worse pricing made more and more ppl not pay, but not play, well, not this game at least...

...and bad quality made the P2W schools swim to greener plankton, too.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Fling out 50 per campaign and off you go like you have some fireworks where the sun never shines...

...aw c'mon, an unskilled labor daily wage for a saving a working week worth of tedium - hey, discount price, innit?

lol.

You know there's something wrong when you're paying the price of a retail game to skip playing part of a game.

Heck, the only campaign I'd want to skip is the one you can't (ToD).
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    This is why I only play one char. There is no way in hell I do all does quests more than one time. :P

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    yea later -"why dont u share xp points so that those of us with lv 70 toons create fresh toon who r lv 70 rather than grinding to lv 70 its boring"
    yawulf said:

yea later -"why dont u share xp points so that those of us with lv 70 toons create fresh toon who r lv 70 rather than grinding to lv 70 its boring"

Or they could add something to the zen market to level a character to 70. Not sure why they haven't done that yet, it worked for WoW.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    urabask said:

yawulf said:

Or they could add something to the zen market to level a character to 70. Not sure why they haven't done that yet, it worked for WoW.
    yea right the same ppl who want it would come here screaming pay to win among other stuff
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User

The best way to drive more playtime in this game is a leap towards alt friendly play style. MOST games do this now, shared loot, shared "account wide" benefits.

Things like Artifacts/Artifact-Gear and even Boons should all be account wide. It boosts the viability of playing alts which means more people WILL play alts. When you do that, it actually makes people complain LESS about class balance since the cost of switching to an alt and playing that alt is minimal.

I cant tell you how much MORE I personally would play if I could play alts more often... Doing dailies or even PVP if it wasnt just so dang painful to get alts their own gear.

Its not that I want stuff easier, its that the thought of getting another 80+ Linus AND new artifact gear AND new artifacts just for an alt? Cmon.... Its a joke. Not to mention when stuff becomes outdated in a few months.

If they want players being more active, make the focus on the account and more things account wide. Like boons, gear, etc.
    yawulf said:

urabask said:

yawulf said:

yea right the same ppl who want it would come here screaming pay to win among other stuff
    Eh? Who cares? The game already is pay to win. It's just that the amount of money it would actually take to pay to win is so absurd that very few people do it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited October 2015

What the post and all other posts like it ask for is a way to get a maxed out toon without working or paying for it after they do everything on their main. So basically, you will have the boons, the mythic broken gear and Trans. enchants, yet not know how to play the other class. Or, you end up trolling level 10 PVP with full rank 12s, orange mount and LM set, and a mythic wheel of elements.lol

Because clearly PvP is so popular that people would be using alts primarily for PvP.

Where the heck is the eye rolling emoticon when you need it : |

Not like you actually learn how to play your class while grinding boons either.
    I8r4ux9.jpg

urabask said:

What the post and all other posts like it ask for is a way to get a maxed out toon without working or paying for it after they do everything on their main. So basically, you will have the boons, the mythic broken gear and Trans. enchants, yet not know how to play the other class. Or, you end up trolling level 10 PVP with full rank 12s, orange mount and LM set, and a mythic wheel of elements.lol

Because clearly PvP is so popular that people would be using alts primarily for PvP.

Haha. Roll a fresh toon and go do PVP. There are whole guilds made especially to troll PVP with alts.
    And they're still a small portion of the player population.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    urabask said:

urabask said:

Haha. Roll a fresh toon and go do PVP. There are whole guilds made especially to troll PVP with alts.
    And they're still a small portion of the player population.
    mostly the folks asking for full boons/mythic gear for all their chars.
    wanna see broken, get a lvl 10 pali with burning guidance/avalanche/shadow touch and elven ferocity.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    They could take a look at the "Planar Attunement" system from "Rift", and use something similar here.

For example, all campaign resources would pool together on an account, like ZEN, but you would still have to unlock the boons on each character.
    And to prevent any mess with alt. characters, you could start unlocking the first 3 boons from ToD campaign at level 30, but the other boons from ToD and Dread Ring, Sharandar and IWD would still require level 70 to unlock.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    There is nothing wrong with the boon system other then costing. They should remove AD requirements off from it.

Costing maybe a issue, but forcing people to do the campaigns isn't a bad thing.

• krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Yeah right 80 tiamat runs per char to get last 2 tod boons is totally fine. Dread ring is the only campaign i don't mind repeating on alts. Partly because its fast and not nearly as tiresome as others, partly because it provides good rewards aside from boons. Shar became much better with last changes but still last boons requires currencies from all 3 zones. Lairs lack a decent reward and way too long but at least are not required for progression. Iwd & especially tod is a freaking nightmare. ToD nightmare u cant even skip. As for account-wide gear... Artifacts/armor - hell no, its not especially hard to get them and by running through dungeons & skirmishes ppl actually learn how to play. Enough of clueless 3k+ ppl in game already as it is. Professions stuff like personalized rings should be boa not bop. But with new guild gear around it doesn't really matter at this point . Artifacts weapons & gear is a completely different matter. Its not the pain of getting them its the pain of refining. Current rp requirements are outrageous. But for alts u can use mulhorand weapons they almost as good as epic artifact ones. Making everything account-wide isn't a solution don't mix different issues together. But boons surely should be. But only for 70 lvl chars. Or somewhat better rewards for those damn dailies, lower prices.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Every piece of end-game gear, with the exception of your artifact weapons, can be earned by your old character and requires no effort in any way from your new character. All you have to do is infuse it, if you thin that's worth the effort. Is it really so bad to have to do the campaigns? I think not.

Let's see. There are a total of 5 campaigns (Shar, DR,IWD,ToD, Tiamat).
    Sharandar quests 3x3=9 once you unlock all the areas, take at least 15 minutes for each zone (5 minutes each quest if you are fast, taking into account the time to move around). 45 minutes.
    DR around 10 minutes for mini dungeon (get there, run dungeon) if you're fast, plus the zone quests, say 5 minutes each being fast, 5 quests total (if i'm not mistaken)= 25 minutes. Total: 35 minutes.
    IWD makes you move even more around the map and enemies are stronger. But let's say you are fast, 40 minutes each day, keeping into account the time to move around.
    ToD got mini-dungeons that are longer than dread ring ones, dragons around the maps and quests in different areas, so keeping the time to move around into account, 15 minutes each at least. 20 minutes each day to do the quests and i'm being optimistic here.
    Then to complete 80 tiamat runs in a reasonable time (40 days?) you need to do how many? 2 per day. 20 minutes each= 40 minutes assuming they are all successful runs.
    And i'm leaving out WoD mini dungeons and quests. I shouldn't, they take their sweet time. Say 30 minutes total.

So, to complete each campaign once you get to 70, in the required time (say 1,5-2 months) you need to play 45+35+40+20+40+30=230 minutes each day. 3 hours and a half each day only on your alt if you want to more or less get all the boons on your alt in a reasonable time, say 40 days.

Roughly 3.5x40=140 hours to get all the boons on your alt, after you got them on your main and played another good amount of hours to level to 70, mainly from 60 to 70.

It means that, basically, if you want to get the boons on an alt, you need to stop playing your main unless, i don't know, may be magenubbie doesn't have a job or a real life and can play 8 hours a day.

Now, i call this extremely alt-unfriendly.
    And no, you don't need 140 hours repeating the same quests to learn a new class in PvE after you already played it many hours to level to 70.
    It's pure nonsense.

The fact that it seems reasonable to some players means only that you guys have really too much time in your hands to do the same things again, and again, and again, for a huge amount of hours, just to be able to play another class at a good level.

Things can stay this way obviously, but then accept the fact that the game is and will be extremely alt-unfriendly.

Oh yeah, the zen option. Let's see. 5k zen each campaign.

5k zen= 50$ roughly.

250$ to unlock all 5 campaigns/boons
    Or, with current exchange, 2Mx5=10M AD, roughly.
    Reasonable? Lol.

Players don't want to "skip the content and get the rewards".
    Players want to get through the content once and then have, at least, a faster route if they decide to try another class.
    What is unreasonable is expect players to go through the same content over and over everytime they decide to play an alt on the same account.
    It makes the game extremely alt-unfriendly, this is the truth.

skip content=/= repeating the same 140 hours content again and again for each toon on the same account.

Also, second part is false.
    PvP gear must be earned by your toon. Same elven/ dragonflight since you don't get an option to buy the pieces of other classes. You can do that only with blue PvE gear from module 6 (alliance gear) in PE, or Jewels/ accessories.
    You can't farm elven armor for, say, SW, on your GWF main.
    Every piece of burning gear must be earned farming glory and seals of triumph.
    Elven gear requires you to run T2 dungeons with your toon.
    Lionsmane and Dragonflight armor pieces of class X cannot be bought by class Y. Class Y gets the option to buy only armor for his class from guild market.
    Only guild jewels/accessories can be moved and are account bound.
    edited November 2015
    pando83 said:

Also, second part is false.
    PvP gear must be earned by your toon. Same elven/ dragonflight since you don't get an option to buy the pieces of other classes.
    Lionsmane and Dragonflight armor pieces of class X cannot be bought by class Y. Class Y gets the option to buy only armor for his class from guild market.
    Only guild jewels/accessories can be moved and are account bound.

completely false. at the bottom of the guild outfitters page is an "I want to look at equipment for other classes" option.
    lionsmane and dragonflight gear is bind to account. as is all of the blue pve and pvp gear.

so you can absolutely buy gear for your alts.

• zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    pan17 said:

repeating the same quests over and over again till you go totally insane...

That's exactly a description of this game. It's been that way since...always. Leveling up a new toon is refreshing in comparison to running endgame content again. I do each of the quests 1-60 exactly once per toon, instead of 100+ times per toon for endgame content.

• tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Let's see. There are a total of 5 campaigns (Shar, DR,IWD,ToD, Tiamat).
    Sharandar quests 3x3=9 once you unlock all the areas, take at least 15 minutes for each zone (5 minutes each quest if you are fast, taking into account the time to move around). 45 minutes.
    DR around 10 minutes for mini dungeon (get there, run dungeon) if you're fast, plus the zone quests, say 5 minutes each being fast, 5 quests total (if i'm not mistaken)= 25 minutes. Total: 35 minutes.
    IWD makes you move even more around the map and enemies are stronger. But let's say you are fast, 40 minutes each day, keeping into account the time to move around.
    ToD got mini-dungeons that are longer than dread ring ones, dragons around the maps and quests in different areas, so keeping the time to move around into account, 15 minutes each at least. 20 minutes each day to do the quests and i'm being optimistic here.
    Then to complete 80 tiamat runs in a reasonable time (40 days?) you need to do how many? 2 per day. 20 minutes each= 40 minutes assuming they are all successful runs.
    And i'm leaving out WoD mini dungeons and quests. I shouldn't, they take their sweet time. Say 30 minutes total.

So, to complete each campaign once you get to 70, in the required time (say 1,5-2 months) you need to play 45+35+40+20+40+30=230 minutes each day. 3 hours and a half each day only on your alt if you want to more or less get all the boons on your alt in a reasonable time, say 40 days.

Roughly 3.5x40=140 hours to get all the boons on your alt, after you got them on your main and played another good amount of hours to level to 70, mainly from 60 to 70.

It means that, basically, if you want to get the boons on an alt, you need to stop playing your main unless, i don't know, may be magenubbie doesn't have a job or a real life and can play 8 hours a day.

Now, i call this extremely alt-unfriendly.
    The twist:
    Boons are not as special as you people seem to make them out to be. 400 power, for example, is roughly 1% more damage.
    Obviously it would make sense that your alt is going to be doing 1% less damage than your main. 3% more action points and 10% more stamina gain, from the tier 4/5 Sharandar boons, are NOT going to make or break your characters. Fey Thistle probably can, but that just means that you need to change your questing priorities. Pretty much only the DR campaign has really good tier 5 boons. The IWD boons are completely skippable (if someone could actually figure out the math behind value of the IWD boons with respect to a dynamic group setting, then I'd be willing to bet that the odds of them being useful are probably less than the odds of the average human being getting struck by lightning) and it's laughable that people are whining about the final 2 tier 5 ToD boons. YES, 3% more LS or 5% more crit damage is DEFINITELY going to be worth doing a ridiculous amount of forced Tiamat runs /sarcasm.

Here's the thing. You could say that boons are, in part, Neverwinter's equivalent to WoW's achievements. If you could only see them (the inspect button badly needs an update) they would tell you, for example, that this particular player has done a ridiculous amount Tiamat runs with his GWF and has the final 10% increased incoming healing boon to prove it. It's a mark of seniority, a badge of honor, and tells you that there's a VERY good chance you're looking at this particular player's main.
    The simple fact is that if you're really an experienced Neverwinter player then you know that your alt doesn't need all the campaign boons. You should definitely get the few that you need for your build ASAP, but the rest are basically just there to tell other people (again, if only the inspect button was actually more useful) that you've been playing this alt for a very long time.

As things currently are, most of them are just there to drive OCD players nuts.

You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
    tyrtallow said:

The twist:
    Boons are not as special as you people seem to make them out to be. 400 power, for example, is roughly 1% more damage.
    Obviously it would make sense that your alt is going to be doing 1% less damage than your main. 3% more action points and 10% more stamina gain, from the tier 4/5 Sharandar boons, are NOT going to make or break your characters. Fey Thistle probably can, but that just means that you need to change your questing priorities. Pretty much only the DR campaign has really good tier 5 boons. The IWD boons are completely skippable (if someone could actually figure out the math behind value of the IWD boons with respect to a dynamic group setting, then I'd be willing to bet that the odds of them being useful are probably less than the odds of the average human being getting struck by lightning) and it's laughable that people are whining about the final 2 tier 5 ToD boons. YES, 3% more LS or 5% more crit damage is DEFINITELY going to be worth doing a ridiculous amount of forced Tiamat runs /sarcasm.

Here's the thing. You could say that boons are, in part, Neverwinter's equivalent to WoW's achievements. If you could only see them (the inspect button badly needs an update) they would tell you, for example, that this particular player has done a ridiculous amount Tiamat runs with his GWF and has the final 10% increased incoming healing boon to prove it. It's a mark of seniority, a badge of honor, and tells you that there's a VERY good chance you're looking at this particular player's main.
    The simple fact is that if you're really an experienced Neverwinter player then you know that your alt doesn't need all the campaign boons. You should definitely get the few that you need for your build ASAP, but the rest are basically just there to tell other people (again, if only the inspect button was actually more useful) that you've been playing this alt for a very long time.

As things currently are, most of them are just there to drive OCD players nuts.

prior to the sh boons i'd mostly agree. but then sh boons are gifted simply by joining a guild that has them.

better chants/artis will make far more difference to most builds than a full set of non sh boons.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Squeakers gonna squeak. Joke aside, $50 in exchange for something that takes a month or more to get, seems pretty reasonable. I've bought the available campaign completion packs for three of my alts on my other account and exchanged AD for zen for another one of my toons, which didn't take that long even without ever abusing an exploit / leadership army (farmed the boons on my main, of course).

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I cringed and dealt with it for 8 characters...

Stop being a baby.