test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account wide companions

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    no one likes specific website only give limited code numbers for companions, it seem they cater to 'elite' who were able to get before rest of public get a chance for new companions, otherwise many will flame Cryptic for limited access to codes.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User

ROFL. They should just flag it like an account wide mount, make them bound, and be done with it.

...that's exactly the thing that was supposed to happen this Thursday. But alas...
    coding can be hard for some people
  • mersenneprimemersenneprime Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    wylonus said:

no one likes specific website only give limited code numbers for companions, it seem they cater to 'elite' who were able to get before rest of public get a chance for new companions, otherwise many will flame Cryptic for limited access to codes.

What exactly are you talking about? I don't understand why you're complaining about 'elites' when I (and others) spent money to qualify for the pets, unless you mean 'elites' to be people who buy zen.

It was a promotion by PWE/Cryptic based on purchases within a certain time frame. There was no limited amount. There were no codes. If you spent the money, then you qualified. It was a minimum of $100 worth of Zen spent to qualify for all three companions.

*edit*
    Since the maintenance is over, has there been any sign that those of us who qualified are getting the pets, or will that have to wait for a later patch?

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.
  • glaziusfglaziusf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    Slaad currently flagged special but unavailable. Scorpion and spider not flagged special, still individual counts.

On the weird side, some of the older promo companions like the storm rider and renegade illusionist have been flagged special, which, thanks I guess? Or have they always been that way and I just never noticed?
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    glaziusf said:

Slaad currently flagged special but unavailable. Scorpion and spider not flagged special, still individual counts.

On the weird side, some of the older promo companions like the storm rider and renegade illusionist have been flagged special, which, thanks I guess? Or have they always been that way and I just never noticed?

renegade illusionist doesnt show up until you use the code. he gets flagged special once you claim him.
    i think the storm rider works the same way.

slaad got flagged as special because they unlock him for everyone then the easiest fix was to tag him as claimed on all accounts that shouldnt have had him.
    edited October 2015
    dufisto said:

slaad got flagged as special because they unlock him for everyone then the easiest fix was to tag him as claimed on all accounts that shouldnt have had him.

Except that's not how it's working. The character that I checked this on was not the one that I had the Slaad as a companion for already (the only one that had claimed it was my TR IIRC). I didn't claim it on any other toons because of the silly counter and since I didn't know how they would be fixing the mistake.

So, when I checked last night, I had two listings for the slaad, one just marked special (which I presume is the account wide one), and one with a 4 count that is also marked special (which would be the ones I've had sitting there since June). I can't claim either.

dufisto said:

Except that's not how it's working. The character that I checked this on was not the one that I had the Slaad as a companion for already (the only one that had claimed it was my TR IIRC). I didn't claim it on any other toons because of the silly counter and since I didn't know how they would be fixing the mistake.

So, when I checked last night, I had two listings for the slaad, one just marked special (which I presume is the account wide one), and one with a 4 count that is also marked special (which would be the ones I've had sitting there since June). I can't claim either.
    that's how its working for everyone else that didnt buy it. i cant say how its working for you since you didnt claim them all.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Slaad claim is completely disabled at the moment, presumably until they sort out who should and shouldn't be getting them.

(I have removed all of my BoE ones from the vendor.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited October 2015

presumably until they sort out who should and shouldn't be getting them.

update canclaimslaad in accountdb where account = (select account from (select account,zenpurchased as int from purchasedb where datepurchased > startdate and datepurchased < enddate group by account) where zenpurchased > costthreshhold. )

there i did the hard work for them...
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    glaziusf said:

...why am I not surprised?
    glaziusf said:

That has been done sometime during Spring (that's when I noticed it, at least...).

Actually, this is part of the reason to claim my still unclaimed Slaadi and Scorpions out of harm's way on the AH...

Slaad claim is completely disabled at the moment, presumably until they sort out who should and shouldn't be getting them.

(I have removed all of my BoE ones from the vendor.)

Smart move :^)
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    glaziusf said:

They've always been like that. I've been collecting the account-wide promo companions since open beta now, and 'special' on those companions just means that they're not a finite number to claim, they're claimable on any character as long as you don't have one yet (you can see some of my companions flagged as 'special' in the screenshot I posted in the old thread complaining the slaad, et cetera were not account wide).

The renegade illusionist (I think) had a bug where you could reclaim infinite number of them, but they were all bound so it didn't really affect anything. The radiant ioun stone had an issue where you could reclaim an infinite amount of them AND they were BoE, so people gave out TONS of them before they caught the bug and fixed it. They let the people who got those keep them too, like they are doing with the slaad.
  • n0fxer#8270 n0fxer Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Never mind that, I am still screwed from the Priestess of Sune thing.. was hoping it was going to be a now-account-wide one, but alas, it's gone.. all that time in hoping and praying (pardon the pun) for nothing. Bah.
    edited November 2015
    eistander said:

Never mind that, I am still screwed from the Priestess of Sune thing.. was hoping it was going to be a now-account-wide one, but alas, it's gone.. all that time in hoping and praying (pardon the pun) for nothing. Bah.

...weeeelllll, from what i gather, they're still working on it.

Took four and a half months to get to the current, borked state. Let's hope the next step will a) come faster, and b) finally make them WAI...
    Probably still too early, but any news on when this will be addressed?
    Or when the other two companions will be made available?

• yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User

Probably still too early, but any news on when this will be addressed?
    Or when the other two companions will be made available?

most likely a year the way they work on their "fixes".
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    it says something along the lines of 'this claim is temporarily disabled' when i try claim this - what's going on with this?
  • zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    Personally what I find really annoying about this whole thing isn't the fact that I can't get any of the companions I "earned". Nor is it the fact that due to another bug countless people DO have at least one of those companions now, didn't "earn" them, and aren't likely to have them taken away at this point even though it should be relatively trivial to do so.

What annoys me is that after all this time, even though I never really expected them to fix the original problem in the first place, After the announcement of a fix, I actually was looking forward to have 3 new companions for all my characters for some strange reason. I really don't understand how that was possible, I of all people should know better by now.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
    edited November 2015
    ....sooo,....

I wrote a query comment on yetwallfalldown's profile frontpage.

From the reply I gather that the information of thursday's failure didn't get there. As I only know what happened to me - not getting the three companions unlocked - I'd like to encourage the other players who did qualify for these account wide unlocks to follow this and maybe add their sitreps to the comments...
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2015

From the reply I gather that the information of thursday's failure didn't get there. As I only know what happened to me - not getting the three companions unlocked - I'd like to encourage the other players who did qualify for these account wide unlocks to follow this and maybe add their sitreps to the comments...

This is infuriating. I've posted a screenshot from my Reward Claims Agent in a comment below.
    Post edited by two30 on
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    Geez I have more companions than Carter has pills.

I don't see the big deal

....sooo,....

I wrote a query comment on yetwallfalldown's profile frontpage.

I find this disturbing.

Yes, I can understand that sometimes people aren't told everything, but this is an issue that he was following, which means the expectation, from a professional standpoint, is that it would be followed to the end, not treated as a 'Fire and Forget' once confirmation of inclusion with a patch happened.

This is what my Reward Claims Agent currently looks like:

Problems:
    1. No account-wide Black Death Scorpion or Phase Spider.
    2. The Death Slaad is unclaimable both in account-wide and BoE form.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Facepalming of epic proportions.

Added a comment to Alex's wall.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    so whats going on with this? its now been like 2 weeks since this situation was 'resolved', after the two week delay from when it was slated to be 'resolved.' a full 6 months after the promotion ended?

Now, Slaad is not claimable, and the other two companions are totally MIA. This is so stupid - why is this so god damn difficult for you to get right?
    cjh1983 said:

a full 6 months after the promotion ended?

It's not quite that bad. Only 4.6 months since it ended. :(
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    I'm guessing they're busy with the module launch and we won't see anything until a time after that. So better settle in, it's going to be a while yet.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    urlord283 said:

Geez I have more companions than Carter has pills.

I don't see the big deal

Dude - Carter's Pills? You are OLD!!!

And I must be pretty old too, because I totally got the reference. :(
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    As mentioned before, set the Slaad back to account-wide for everyone, and/or change the "freebie" Slaads to a red/blue versions, so the promotion Death Slaad will stay "special".
    Add account-wide bop scorpions/spiders and 5 boe scorpions/spiders for the promotion participants to it.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    So, it's now been just over 2 weeks since the fix that wasn't working right.

Any chance of an update on when we'll see a fix for the fix?