test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mount Speed Changes

goatsharkgoatshark Member Posts: 23 Arc User
Small bit of news that I wanted everyone to be aware of. As of our next update, the following legendary-quality mounts will have their speed upgraded to 140%. You shouldn’t have to do anything to update your mount once this change goes live, it should just be increased.

Affected mounts:
Emperor Beetle
Tenser’s Floating Disk
Skeleton Steed
Black Ice Warhorse
Imperial Rage Drake
Armored Bulette (from our NCL event)

Scott Shicoff
Lead Designer

Comments

• gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9620843

This is plain stupid. Add stats otherwise this change is totally useless.
    Nobody will switch their epic mount with 4k armpen for a legendary mount that only has a small speed buff to it.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    Amen to that, this is meaningless to say the least.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    **** i gave my armor boulette for free in pe -.-
  • nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Awesome! Thank you.

Next step: Introduce Mount Trainings for mount bonuses (a book for armpen, a book for ap regain and so on). And yes, I would pay 2-3mil for those.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User

Nobody will switch their epic mount with 4k armpen for a legendary mount that only has a small speed buff to it.

Not the point. The point is that all orange mounts should have the same speed. This seems to do exactly that.
    No the point is that some legendary is better than others because they have 4k stats. ITS still not equal like they should be. This change is only 50% of what was needed.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Training tokens for abilities, as long as the Mount meets the quality level requirement (Epic/Legendary), would be awesome...

Hell, make it a Zen item, you'd make oodles of dinero with that! :)

PS - Thanks for the speed increase!
    va8Ru.gif
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    taken from: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Silverback_Bear

The Silverback Bear is a rank 3 mount that is a reward for completing the "Foundry Grand Master" achievement, for heavy participation in the Foundry system, including completing 23 "Foundry Authoring" and 14 "Foundry Community" achievements, as well as having Dungeon Master Rank 8.

Seeing as the Silverback Bear requires HEAVY participation in the Foundry system, Toss us a bone and add it to the 140% list? [Maybe even give it a bonus?! ;D]

edit: the NCL bulette is called the Champion's [Armored?] Bulette ;D
    Post edited by torontodave on
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    goatshark said:

Affected mounts:

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer

Makes sense the limited reward mount from high NCL performance will be granted 140% speed but does this imply the Legendary Armored Bulette from the lockbox will NOT have 140% speed? Should read Armored Bulette (including from our NCL event)?
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    With how rare these are, they should get the best speed bonus. Course, they will now be so expensive that only the richest will be able to afford them. The rest of us, good luck with keys.
  • lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    doesnt matter the regular epic mounts are n ow obsolete, they are now like the 50% mounts pre m6. everybody seek the new mounts with bonuses.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

at that point they should add stats to purple mounts too
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Anything that is not a nerf...I am happy with. ty
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • guyve7guyve7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    ummm bull HAMSTER..i spent 2500 zen for 110 mount...i will either want that mount at 140% or be able to buy the extra 1000 zen speed boost training token to upgrade it to legendary..no reason i should have to rebuy my car cuz u wanted to give the apple-apple speed mounts a corvetter engine.
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    my question is the same: are you saying the legendary Armoured Bulette from the Lockbox will be the only legendary mounts NOT getting a speed increase? This seems incorrect
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited October 2015

doesnt matter the regular epic mounts are n ow obsolete, they are now like the 50% mounts pre m6. everybody seek the new mounts with bonuses.

Good luck with that. There are only a few left on the AH (9 at this point). Wouldn't be surprised if someone buys them all and reposts them higher.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    guyve7 said:

ummm bull HAMSTER..i spent 2500 zen for 110 mount...i will either want that mount at 140% or be able to buy the extra 1000 zen speed boost training token to upgrade it to legendary..no reason i should have to rebuy my car cuz u wanted to give the apple-apple speed mounts a corvetter engine.

Aside from the NCL bullette these are all lockbox mounts so it's pretty obvious they still don't intend for 140% mounts to be cheap.
    I8r4ux9.jpg

With how rare these are, they should get the best speed bonus. Course, they will now be so expensive that only the richest will be able to afford them. The rest of us, good luck with keys.

People were already asking 3 million more for them than axe beak/strider/snail. Can't imagine the demand will go up much more for them than it already is. Most of the value is based on scarcity so the prices should be pretty stable seeing as the main issue is finding someone that actually wants to buy it over a mount with stat bonuses.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Thank you for doing the right thing and giving the legendary mounts the 140% speed boost :)

It would be wonderful now, and make cryptic more money, if you gave us mount upgrade books to get our purple epic mounts to legendary so that they could also have the 140% speed boost.

Creating upgrade books (for zen or AD) to give AP gain like the snail or 4k stats would also increase revenue since people would upgrade their favorite past mounts to get the stats they wanted. many people would also buy multiple mounts as well. Keep the mount attacks as a lockbox only feature and that would make them exclusive enough (along with their unique looks).

Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    goatshark said:

Small bit of news that I wanted everyone to be aware of. As of our next update, the following legendary-quality mounts will have their speed upgraded to 140%. You shouldn’t have to do anything to update your mount once this change goes live, it should just be increased.

Affected mounts:
    Emperor Beetle
    Tenser’s Floating Disk
    Skeleton Steed
    Black Ice Warhorse
    Imperial Rage Drake

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer

"Armored Bulette (from our NCL event)" - Is this the reward for those that "won" the NCL event or just the Legendary one?

Also - while this IS cool, something that will give you guys WAY more sales would be a "fortify kit" or call it a "saddle" you can put on mounts and gives them +stats of your choice.

Allows people to use whatever mount they want and get the stats they want, rather than being forced to use slower mounts because they offer stat bonuses.... I could see people just macroing their way to faster speed + stats and that just doesnt sit well with me...

Id LOVE to use my old Nightmare mount or my NCL even mount I got as a reward, but its just not worth it because it has no stats....
    Glad at least my NCL mount I have a reason and use to ride around on now with the 140% speed. Will be my first 140% speed mount and earned it. Even without stats, still useful.

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    This is actually a nice thing, I was expecting a "Mount Training IV" item to be sold. Automatically upgrading all legacy Legendary Mounts to the new speed is one of the few changes since Mod 6 that actually makes me happy. Not just another "meh", but actually happy.

Soe will likely moan about missing "bonus stats" and whatnot - ignore them. The speed increase alone is definitely just fine.
    Thanks for this.
    edited October 2015

urabask said:

People were already asking 3 million more for them than axe beak/strider/snail. Can't imagine the demand will go up much more for them than it already is. Most of the value is based on scarcity so the prices should be pretty stable seeing as the main issue is finding someone that actually wants to buy it over a mount with stat bonuses.
    I would. I'd much rather have the disk than the dancing fail snail or the ostrich, both of which look absolutely horrible in my opinion. Well made, but horrible for a DND game just the same.
    Still doesn't change the fact there's less demand for them.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    On Preview server:

NCL Champion's Armored Bulette is still epic and 110% speed
    Lockbox Armored Bulette (orange) is 140% speed

I had both, and since Scott said the Armored Bulette (from the NCL event) would be 140%, I went ahead and sold my Legendary Armored bulette cheap. If bulette from NCL being upgraded to 140% speed was a typo/miscommunication, I feel sooo duped :(

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    So excited for this! Thank you!

Can we possibly see affordable upgrade options for our mounts and make it so any Legendary (upgraded or otherwise) quality mount gets this bonus? That would be even so much more awesome! :D