test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Armor penetration question..

trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
Does having more then 60% armor penetration help cut through negation enchantments? And isnt 80% Damage reduction the highest you can go? So if that is TRUE shouldn't you get 80% armor penetration? Or am I confused?
Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.

Comments

• trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User

For pvp: stack armpen as much as possible!

Have like 15k here and it feels great :D

So having over 60% cuts through negation too?

Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    You nee way more than 60% but yes
  • cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    I have 15kish and feel is not enought.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited October 2015

and isnt 80% Damage reduction the highest you can go?

- DR is still capped to 80% and it can't be increased more,
    stats like ArP, Pow, crit is stackable how much u want.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    xgrandz02 said:

and isnt 80% Damage reduction the highest you can go?

- DR is still capped to 80% and it can't be increased more,
    stats like ArP, Pow, crit is stackable how much u want.
    http://postimg.org/image/ve1s3a8dx/ not true here is 93%
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Highest Arp i saw in Dom was 18k+ from a gwf
    Hightest defence i recognized was 18k+ from a PVP scilled OP
    There is no limit in PVP
    PVE its 60% as far as i know
  • lupisulupisu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 86 Arc User
    Firstly I'd love if someone corrects me if I'm wrong. As far as I've made sense of things DR is not in fact capped, but will never reduce incoming damage by more than 80%. You can stack it above that to reduce the effect armor penetration has on it.
  • sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    lupisu said:

Firstly I'd love if someone corrects me if I'm wrong. As far as I've made sense of things DR is not in fact capped, but will never reduce incoming damage by more than 80%. You can stack it above that to reduce the effect armor penetration has on it.

Then why do you see 12k or more ArP, is it a waste to stack that high? That's a good question. Used to be more meta-game analysis in the early days here. I would hope and appreciate someone with the time and resources (to vary the stat of interest) to test the post-mod 6 mechanics and find these statistical caps/effecacy limiting factors. I have searched quite a bit so far and found only bits of information on the actual resistance ignored.

Closest I've found is: http://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/mod-6-preview-analysis-the-new-stat-curve/ and http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?/topic/382-kaelac’s-guide-to-damage-tenacity-reisistance-and-debuffs-in-neverwinter/

Key point (quoting Kaelac): "...the damage resistance vs. armor penetration relationship equations should remain the same. That is perhaps the most important thing to understand for the game.

I haven't done any testing, but as you get closer to 70 the more important armor pen is vs power until you're almost always doing max damage. Given that all classes' BiS gear will change, please invest in power only after reaching all your other stat priorities, not before..."

Kaelac and the others that did this work in the past were awesome BTW!. Cheers to them.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Its not wasted in PVP
    Cap is 80% from what 40% is related to tenacity only mitigateable by piercing damage

Someone posted:
    Damage dealt = base damage x (1- your DR) x (1- 0,4) from tenacity

So take a tank with 100% DR and 60% Arp resist, 40% tenacity

100%-(your Arp x 0,4)= 40%

So stack more than 150% Arp and you will get him below the cap and deal extra damage...
    Not wasted but near impossible to get there not being BIS

In case your opponent has 12% DR and T Negation 30% at full stacks you needed
    42% -(Arp x 0,4)=40%
    5% to reach cap, not that much

Get him down to zero you need 105% Arp

In mod 6 T Negation was not mitigated by Arp making squishy caster classes very tanky

Meeting any guy with more than 105% Arp should make me switch my armorenchant to TEB (if i had one) or ....SF,Barkshield...anything would work better on my warlock
    Except I had some SH boon with 8k+ DR

But in case I would put every single point in power and ignore Arp + get T Feytouched i would probably have the best result dealing more damage against every class no matter if its a tank or not?
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User

Its not wasted in PVP

Cap is 80% from what 40% is related to tenacity only mitigateable by piercing damage

Someone posted:

Damage dealt = base damage x (1- your DR) x (1- 0,4) from tenacity

So take a tank with 100% DR and 60% Arp resist, 40% tenacity

100%-(your Arp x 0,4)= 40%

So stack more than 150% Arp and you will get him below the cap and deal extra damage...

Not wasted but near impossible to get there not being BIS

In case your opponent has 12% DR and T Negation 30% at full stacks you needed

42% -(Arp x 0,4)=40%

5% to reach cap, not that much

Get him down to zero you need 105% Arp

In mod 6 T Negation was not mitigated by Arp making squishy caster classes very tanky

Meeting any guy with more than 105% Arp should make me switch my armorenchant to TEB (if i had one) or ....SF,Barkshield...anything would work better on my warlock

Except I had some SH boon with 8k+ DR

But in case I would put every single point in power and ignore Arp + get T Feytouched i would probably have the best result dealing more damage against every class no matter if its a tank or not?

Thank you for that info!
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa