test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need advice with TR rotation and playstyle!

mistsenseimistsensei Member Posts: 30 Arc User
Hello fellow rogue adventurers. I 've noticed that the TR class is in a bad spot at the moment regarding dps at PvE compared to other classes like for example GWF or HR trapper (same IL/enchants/gear etc my trapper has x2 my TR's dps). I 'm pretty sure though that I 'm also not maximizing my TR's dps potential through skill rotation/performance since I don't know the class as good as I know the trapper for example which I play since it came out. So I 'd like to ask any experienced TR to provide some feedback with the right rotation and playstyle which is effective at PvE, AoE and single target dps.
P.S - I 'm a MI exe spec (Power:13.7k / Crt. chance 52% / ArP: 42% / Recovery: 15%) current rotation smoke bomb, lashing blade, dazing strike and i swap to WR sometimes for single target bosses, my go to daily is whirlwind of blades but going through some other threads many ppl use Lurker's which might have more benefits (need some info on that).
Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    I'd only give pointers on AoE, because that seems to be the only thing I got down at the moment! Do Lurkers+Blade Flurry. Basically, it goes like this, if you add the Executioner capstone and 4/4 Tenacious Concealment, you will regain stealth so fast that firing encounters during Lurker's Assault will not take you out of stealth (point 1). So you can get off all your encounters to autocrit (point 2).

Blade Flurry has no cooldown if used from stealth, that's its bonus (point 3). Combine points 1, 2 and 3, you can fire off up to 10 Blade Flurries during your time in Lurkers Assault if you get the timing down perfectly. Practice on dummies.

Use with Invisible Infiltrator, Sigil of Devoted, Flail Snail

• stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Sorry, no advice, but could use some info. on whirlwind of blades since you use that. How long does the power buff last? Same with Courage breaker, how long is the buff there too, anyone know? I haven't been using them, but might consider it.
    Post edited by stabbath on
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    there is absolutely nothing to do, you cant compete vs gwf. stop even trying, their damage is totally out of whack. you need more armor pen and way more power by the way.
    for single target damage, lurkers is always much better.
    lostmauth set required...even then there is no way to compete vs a gwf no matter the item level difference. Once they reach 2.8k+ they just fly
  • mistsenseimistsensei Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Thanks for your input rustlord will check how BF plays out.
    Rayrdan yeah sadly I know there is no way to compete against a gwf in terms of damage I just want to know how to maximize my dps as a TR and how to play the class the right way and get as much dps as I can out of it given the bad state our dps output is at the moment.

At 3.4K iLVL and 27K power I outdps everyone except the GWF (and rarely the BiS SW). A 2.5K GWF just looks at things and they melt like butter. But if there's a GWF in party, my runs become easier and I'm more happy than disappointed about it--if just a little spiteful. =)
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    My thought is just like rayrdan said... less power and more ArPen.

If you have Exec questions the person to listen to is rustie. He and I have had some lengthy conversations on Exec powers... and TR powers. In fact rustlord got me to look at Blade Flurry... and now that is my go to encounter.

Whirlwind works well... but it seems more for solo play than the party dynamic. My go to Daily is Bloodbath or Lurkers... during boss fights I use Courage Breaker.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    as a wk sab path, with 19 int, almost constant CA and 5 points in action advantage i have no need for high recovery ( about 1k recovery) but i do use orange cleric sigil. my ap gain is pretty high so i use path of blades, ss, smoke

rotation:
    path of blades stealth dhs smoke stealth daily and again and again and again....

nwcalc.com/index.html#/tr?b=241z:v9soy4:9yd7:9g56t,1u50505:1zuu0zv:1000000:1u00000&h=0&p=wkn

added link to my pwers and feats hope it helps
    Post edited by lemonchill on
    just buy a snail, a mithic cleric sigils
    lurker assault ---> smoke bomb ----> blade flurries no stop until lurker assault ends.
    rinse and repeat
  • menvumenvu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

just buy a snail, a mithic cleric sigils
    lurker assault ---> smoke bomb ----> blade flurries no stop until lurker assault ends.
    rinse and repeat

Hi, French player here. I've tried this but didn't find it very effective. I think I'm doing something wrong. Could you be more specific and add more details ? Like when do you go in stealth ? What about your yellow powers (sorry, I don't know how it's called in English) ? And when you fight a single ennemy, is the rotation the same ?

I know that's a lot of question but I'm really trying to improve my DPS :). For the record : 3050 IL, 22K Power, 9K Crit, 4,5K Recovery (ArPen is capped). I don't have a snail or a cleric sigil, and don't think I'll ever do :/.

If you have a link or a screenshot of your build, it would be much appreciated :). Thanks !
    you need to use invisible infiltrator to make it work
    look here to see what invisible infiltrator is http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/tr?b=23ci:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1000000:1000000:1000000:1000000&h=0&p=min

with snail and sigils that aoe combo can be spammed continuously
    you are not a gwf but its high aoe dps anyways.
    its not worth it in single target
    rayrdan said:

you need to use invisible infiltrator to make it work
    look here to see what invisible infiltrator is http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/tr?b=23ci:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1000000:1000000:1000000:1000000&h=0&p=min

with snail and sigils that aoe combo can be spammed continuously
    you are not a gwf but its high aoe dps anyways.
    its not worth it in single target

Thanks. I do use Invisible inflitrator, but I was wondering what kind of rotation you have to do to make it work.

I'd go with Stealth -> Smoke bomb -> Lurker's assault -> Stealth -> Blade flurry. Is that it ?
    The rotation is pretty simple, but varies;

If (a) full stealth bar, full AP, do this Stealth -> Lurkers -> Smoke Bomb -> BF BF BF BF BF BF BF...
    If (b) empty stealth, full AP, do this Lurkers (Invisible Infiltrator proc) -> Stealth -> Smoke Bomb -> BF BF BF BF BF BF ...

Also try simulating jump-Blade Flurries, like how you would do jumping Duelist Flurry strikes back in the day. Jumping puts you in sync with the restealth timing. Spam too fast, you will drop out of stealth. Spam too slow, fewer hits, lower DPS.
    menvu said:

~I was wondering what kind of rotation you have to do to make it work.

I'd go with Stealth -> Smoke bomb -> Lurker's assault -> Stealth -> Blade flurry. Is that it ?

rustlord said:

The rotation is pretty simple, but varies;

If (a) full stealth bar, full AP, do this Stealth -> Lurkers -> Smoke Bomb -> BF BF BF BF BF BF BF...
    If (b) empty stealth, full AP, do this Lurkers (Invisible Infiltrator proc) -> Stealth -> Smoke Bomb -> BF BF BF BF BF BF ...

Also try simulating jump-Blade Flurries, like how you would do jumping Duelist Flurry strikes back in the day. Jumping puts you in sync with the restealth timing. Spam too fast, you will drop out of stealth. Spam too slow, fewer hits, lower DPS.

Thanks ! I'll try that on dummies.