test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

School of tank?

nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
Is there a good area in NW where an OP (Level 70, iLevel ~2300) can get good practice tanking? Epic-Lostmauth's twin scorpions are a bit too tough to tank off one while the rest of the party takes the other scorpion. VT and Kessel's doesn't seem to have as many tanking opportunities, and Malabog's Castle makes our GPUs cry.

Non-Epic Lostmauth, non-epic Shores of Tuern would be pretty good practice rounds, but those don't seem to be available any more. :(

Any good tutorials written up anywhere?

Comments

• looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    I think practice is the best tutorial. Try to find a guild that can keep up with beginner mistakes?

In my eLol runs, the mage takes the second scorpion usually. Luring is not determined to the cleric.
    If the standard dungeons are too easy, eLol is the next step.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    My barely over 2k iL GF tanked KR and eLol... and had no problems. Run some of the lower levels dungeons and use those as practice.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • nosimonosimo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    Tank them both. Slowly kite them backwards to keep them in front of you, use relentless and radiant strike to bounce back and forth between the two and quickly dodge out of their attacks. Divine protector is your friend. They should be dead by the time you reach the opposite door.
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    Such a bugged class like OP don't have to do anything. Proper build, perma bubble = immortal.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    +1

/10char
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    Tank 1 while staying in range of party for any buffs that they can benefit frp,, you can stay beside wall that way scorpion you are tanking is always facing towards a wall and any aoe's they dish out will not hit your party.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]