test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Soloing Epic Temple of the Spider

lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
edited October 2015 in PvE Discussion
Hello, I just wanted to share this video. Thank you for watching and enjoy it.

Boss fights:

04:42 1st boss Lord Jevahn Jhalvar
07:26 2nd boss Halbryn Dark Stalker
22:18 Final boss High Priestess Syndryth
fkze9t.jpg
▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
Post edited by lazaroth666 on

Comments

• Options
    ansuz4221ansuz4221 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    Very nice :)
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Well done. Not sure this is a good thing though - GWF's obviously need some work.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    ... well, the big problem here seens that class be able to get that critical rating. being that more relative to r12, boons, etc... no idea how solve that. nerf gwfs based in that individual perfomance will destroy the class.

ps: laz, i hate you.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Well done. Not sure this is a good thing though - GWF's obviously need some work.

Fix eLoL set and T.Neg before "reworking" an entire class.
    Then test again and rework.
    We see the most experienced and geared BiS GWF in game soloing eToS, but with all the stuff that basically boosts GWF strenght over the roof. Expecially the eLoL set on a crit build GWF is overpowered 2 times compared to other classes.
    Fix that and you see how things get leveled.

Other than that, amazing Laz video as usual. Even for a BiS toon soloing a current epic dungeon is quite the feat.
  • Options
    beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    Nice one. Respect!
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    And at 26:55 devs can clearly see the GWF Unstoppable bug. ;) Maybe even on a bit more places but I didn't watch the full thing.

And impressive of course. ;)
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    yes lets balance the entire class over a BIS player using a broken set and enchant.....seems fair.
  • Options
    cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    fyi laz doesnt use lol set seen him in person
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    snotty said:

yes lets balance the entire class over a BIS player using a broken set and enchant.....seems fair.

Lostmauth set is not broken, it works as intended, but it should get nerfed. And the bug is also on other players who are not BIS and have problems in dungeons if they can't go Unstoppable.

But let's not spam a great video of what a great player can do.
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    Lazalia is one of the rarest Greater PvE focused player,
    he maxed nearly EVERYTHING what can be maxed out!

But do not forget not ONLY hes character is full BIS, also all his Companions is maxed to the end,
    he's fully buffed with Elixir & and other things and the necessary path for pve Swordmaster.

But to not exaggerate too much with his talend,
    for the "PvP side he will die like any other normal GWF",
    and you will see nearly the opposite of this aspect on pvp,

to eToS:

Seriously eTos isn't anymore like it was on the first days of release,
    devs already nerfed many times a normal party not need to be higher than 2k to finish this,
    eTos has become very easy it remind to pirates (PK run),
    three good geared is enough for this dungeons than 5ppls (not BIS),
    eToS it isn't more a challenge.

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    They turned the GWF in a AOE and single at will striker at the same time, dpsing more than any other class not bugged.

The second at will, the aoe one should be nerfed by at least 30% to 50% to bring him back in line.

This video don't surpised me, anyone can see that aoe GWF damage are too OP since the begining of module 6 and need a big nerf, but they shouldn't touch his single at will damage.

If you look at the video you can see he is near death a lot of time, his survivability is not the problem, (because he plays well and he is top geared) especially when you think about the bubbladin problem.

The problem is also the use of those invoked pets with bonding rune stones, increasing the stats of the character way too much higer, considering a ioun stone making them out of date, but it's not a gwf problem it's a global pet balance problem.

They should nerf the bonding runestones, lowering the % stats given to match with a full geared ioustone or they should use a big icd to prevent multiple stacks.
  • Options

fyi laz doesnt use lol set seen him in person

False. Took a SS 30 seconds ago and can send in PM. Lazalia IS using eLoL set.
  • Options
    commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    vida44 said:

And at 26:55 devs can clearly see the GWF Unstoppable bug. ;) Maybe even on a bit more places but I didn't watch the full thing.

And impressive of course. ;)

Yes. GWF soloed the content hardest dungeon but yeah Unstoppable bug...

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    balorin said:

They turned the GWF in a AOE and single at will striker at the same time, dpsing more than any other class not bugged.

The second at will, the aoe one should be nerfed by at least 30% to 50% to bring him back in line.

This video don't surpised me, anyone can see that aoe GWF damage are too OP since the begining of module 6 and need a big nerf, but they shouldn't touch his single at will damage.

2 problems here...

first, wms, as a aoe tool. shine more solo than in party (lack of range vs external agro). nerf that based in a solo gameplay is a big mistake unless you up the radius/range buff in change.

2 - gwf damage are "too op" because the class, during m6 is the most exposed class (and other things)... and even today still squirsh until a certain gear. the problem here is the way how you got determination. if every gwf, dont matter how much damage do, got a full determination using 6,7 attacks or a specific encounter/mechanic, so you have a balance between low geared players and... the laz ones.

being that not the case, laz can take unstoppable all the times really fast... so you have a mix between a fast determination gain, fast and strong attacks vs life steal (no idea how much he have) and a massive temporary hp recovery.

everyone must have heard how the class is able to grow after a certain gear level...

but, again, about that individual perfomance. give some time... the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. and even is not the case, well, that is a super geared gwf and not every 16k spaming a dot.

nerf without optimizing is just creating an interval of six months until the class come back even more stronger than now...
  • Options
    Must fix eLoL set before making changes to a whole class.
    And eToS is not "the hardest", more like the easiest of the 2k epics. And Lazalia, as said, is a old player, most experienced GWF that doubles the requirement for that dungeon.

So GG to Lazalia but soloing an epic dungeon is sign of, probably, some issue. I'd start fixing eLoL set.
  • Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    pando83 said:

Must fix eLoL set before making changes to a whole class.
    And eToS is not "the hardest", more like the easiest of the 2k epics. And Lazalia, as said, is a old player, most experienced GWF that doubles the requirement for that dungeon.

So GG to Lazalia but soloing an epic dungeon is sign of, probably, some issue. I'd start fixing eLoL set.

"Fixing" the LoL set is also going to nerf every other class, it's the GWF's base weapon damage and damage multiplier buffs that is making him stand out so much, not the LoL set itself. You guys keep repeating it yourselves, GWF shines after a certain amount of gear, so the end-game of the class that is out of control... that is exactly the case because of too many multipliers. Attack speed through Determination phase, hidden daggers, etc.

I don't know why every other class has to suffer through a global nerf because one class is out of line. It's like a kindergarden child not being able to build it's own sandcastle and now it wants to destroy everyone else's as well.

Also the "don't nerf a class because of 1 person" argument is soooo invalid. It's not about the rest of the community being jealous of lazalia, it's about how strong a single class can get. Lazalia brings out the most of the class, shows you what it is capable of. But at the same time, it also means that anyone is able to reach the same power as lazalia, perhaps even more. This performance has to be nerfed, the power-ceiling of the class. Saying "but it's Lazalia" is like saying, "the rest of the GWF community is not good enough to play the class to it's full potential". If you are comparing full potential of the GWF class to the full potential of another class, the difference is immense. GWFs are ahead by miles, because again, the multipliers allow the class to reach a much higher end-game ceiling than any other class.

Edit: Also, if you think nerfing the LoL set is going to solve the problem, what will happen to the similar effects introduced in the future? Will those have to be nerfed as well, affecting other classes again, because the GWF is too OP with it? Because you know, the GWF multipliers are still there to make the effect a lot stronger for the GWF than for any other class.
    Another reasoning I don't understand is: "For other classes, it also makes up for 30% of their damage, so those are just as overpowered with the LoL as the GWF."
    This is so wrong. Let me exaggerate here a bit so you can see the contrast better.
    Class A starts hitting target, target receives 1000 damage in total in 1 minute. 30% of this is LoL set, that's 300 damage.
    Class B starts hitting target, target receives 1000000 damage in total in 1 minute. 30% of this is LoL set, that's 300000 damage.

Even if 2 classes both receive a 30% damage increase, it doesn't mean the set is just as effective for both. It only means that both classes are capable of utilizing the set, but one class does way more damage due to some other internal factors. A nerf to the LoL set is still going to hit both classes just as hard, but class A didn't need to be hit by it.
    Post edited by romotheone on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    your primary mistake - and thats is why i said "the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. " is, you see a single video of a class that you hate, strong or weak, soloing a content using a gear that... nevermind... and 2 days before presume that NO CLASS is able to do the same - using your own tools - because STILL dont exist a video about that. that is not a bar joke.

you have the necessary gear to test by yourself OR that will be "the true" based in your own perfomance, and not in the possibilites?

of course the gear of laza is a argument, your problem is not about EVERY GWF CAN DO EVERTHING BETTER IN ANY GEAR AND DO THE MOST HARD DUNGEON ALONE USING A MID GEAR. your problem is: "a dependent class can do more damage than the majority of classes - less sw - and after a certain gear level that no one know how fast he got, a certain person can solo ONE of the most hard dungeons.

see the difference between a pure hate and a legit nerf request?

you can cut the INTERNAL diference between gears levels, like i said about determination, but is TOO SOON to think about that by the "imbalance argument". until a certain gear the class - and the game, by the way - still balanced and we dont have enough material despites to your cruzade against a primary striker do far more damage than a secundary one.

ps: from the way that he use wms, is a beta or at least m1 player... or a HAMSTER genious.
    Post edited by zacazu on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @romotheone

eLoL set scales with weapon damage. GWF weapon damage is the highest, and the class has the highest multipliers/ self buffs which, it seems, affect the set damage causing megaprocs of 500k or more.
    Now, if you nerf it you of course hit all the classes, but GWF even more since for the above reasons it's the class with absolutely the best interaction with the set bonus.

Now, if you fix eLoL set, you have a better idea of what to fix, and where.
    If you go nerf a class while broken items like T.Fey and eLoL set, which specifically benefit more that class, are active, when these items get eventually "balanced", you might have overnerfed the class.

What players always do, instead, is screaming for nerfs like commanderdata does, for a specific class, without even looking for true balance. This is what brought the GWF class to the overnerfed status it was in module 4.

Lazalia is an old player.

Also, as zacazu says, we should also see if a 4k CW, trapper, OP, DC, TR exc... with crit/ BiS PvE build and experience, can also solo eToS.

So before screaming for nerfs you should first:

- fix broken items and sets that specifically have better interaction with the class (example: eLoL set)
    - see what other BiS, exped players with comparable gear can do

BTW, this is Lazalia video thread, if you want to ask for nerfs, open another topic.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    pando83 said:

Fix eLoL set and T.Neg before "reworking" an entire class.
    Then test again and rework.
    We see the most experienced and geared BiS GWF in game soloing eToS, but with all the stuff that basically boosts GWF strenght over the roof. Expecially the eLoL set on a crit build GWF is overpowered 2 times compared to other classes.
    Fix that and you see how things get leveled.

Other than that, amazing Laz video as usual. Even for a BiS toon soloing a current epic dungeon is quite the feat.
    Ya know, my GWF is fairly HAMSTER, but nowhere near in the same league as Laz.

You can't base an entire class's "overpoweredness" on a handful of massive damage-dealers.. because I assure you that as a moderate GWF, my character is nowhere near OP.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options

Ya know, my GWF is fairly HAMSTER, but nowhere near in the same league as Laz.

You can't base an entire class's "overpoweredness" on a handful of massive damage-dealers.. because I assure you that as a moderate GWF, my character is nowhere near OP.

Ya know, i am a GWF too XD since july 2013.
    I don't use Laz crit build in PvE and Lathander set in place of eLoL so i know how a non-BiS-non-crit build GWF performs in PvE. Yes, it's far from OP and my guildies can confirm.
    But i assume that i'm not a PvE focused player and that i might not be using my GWF at its full PvE potential, so listening to what others say i think it's a possibility that destroyer might need a tweak.
    BUT considering how, at module 6 launch, the devs clearly stated that "they were happy with where GWF was in PvE", i also assume that what we see comes not from the class itself but rather from powerful interaction between Laz crit build and eLoL set being overperforming.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    It's possible to respond without being a HAMSTER.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    Yeah, in fact i replied explaining things in detalis and you just insulted me out of the blue.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    pando83 said:

@romotheone

eLoL set scales with weapon damage. GWF weapon damage is the highest, and the class has the highest multipliers/ self buffs which, it seems, affect the set damage causing megaprocs of 500k or more.
    Now, if you nerf it you of course hit all the classes, but GWF even more since for the above reasons it's the class with absolutely the best interaction with the set bonus.

Now, if you fix eLoL set, you have a better idea of what to fix, and where.
    If you go nerf a class while broken items like T.Fey and eLoL set, which specifically benefit more that class, are active, when these items get eventually "balanced", you might have overnerfed the class.

What players always do, instead, is screaming for nerfs like commanderdata does, for a specific class, without even looking for true balance. This is what brought the GWF class to the overnerfed status it was in module 4.

Lazalia is an old player.

Also, as zacazu says, we should also see if a 4k CW, trapper, OP, DC, TR exc... with crit/ BiS PvE build and experience, can also solo eToS.

So before screaming for nerfs you should first:

- fix broken items and sets that specifically have better interaction with the class (example: eLoL set)
    - see what other BiS, exped players with comparable gear can do

BTW, this is Lazalia video thread, if you want to ask for nerfs, open another topic.

you want balance?
    GWF damage multipliers should work with CD like Endless Consumption.
    It shouldn't have endless uptime once its up!

All that "Lazalia is an old, skilled player" excuse lol.
    I saw GWFs like Gretzko, Valiant in action...

• Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Just had a Pally in my Guild do one BILLION damage but yeah lets all get a downer on the GWF again eh?
  • Options

you want balance?
    GWF damage multipliers should work with CD like Endless Consumption.
    It shouldn't have endless uptime once its up!

All that "Lazalia is an old, skilled player" excuse lol.
    I saw GWFs like Gretzko, Valiant in action...

No offense but you already proved how your "balance" ideas and knowledge about the GWF class are poor and biased.
    You also know little to nothing about how the class works and your suggestions are terrible.

For example, the above suggetion would totally break the class in PvP. You don't want balance, you just have a clearly biased opinion and hatred over the class and every single post you make is biased and far from any idea of balance.

As stated multiple times:

- you must fix broken items that, as explained, interacts better with destro GWFs
    - you don't need to put more idiotic ways to give GWFs stacks over stacks of something stupidly complex to keep up (capstone stacks to build in 8 seconds of unstoppable, destroyer stacks lasting few seconds, hidden daggers buff lasting 10 seconds and so on).

You need to REDUCE the self buffs, buff the class base damage some, fix eLoL set and T.Fey, increase combat efficiency which, right now, is poor.

But you keep ignoring everything in your holy war to obtain another pointless GWF overnerf with totally uniformed/ bad suggestions, which would result in another overnerf similar to the one we got at the beginning of module 4, which again would result later in some even more idiotc compensating buff by the devs.

So please, avoid giving suggestions about GWF, you know nothing about the class. Stick to suggestions about your own class and be happy.

You basically want to keep current self buffs (so you can HAMSTER about how broken GWF damage is when you see some sporadic big number with all buffs up), further decreasing the already poor combat efficiency. Which is exactly the opposite of what is needed. Lol.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    pando83 said:

No offense but you already proved how your "balance" ideas and knowledge about the GWF class are poor and biased.
    You also know little to nothing about how the class works and your suggestions are terrible.

For example, the above suggetion would totally break the class in PvP. You don't want balance, you just have a clearly biased opinion and hatred over the class and every single post you make is biased and far from any idea of balance.

As stated multiple times:

- you must fix broken items that, as explained, interacts better with destro GWFs
    - you don't need to put more idiotic ways to give GWFs stacks over stacks of something stupidly complex to keep up (capstone stacks to build in 8 seconds of unstoppable, destroyer stacks lasting few seconds, hidden daggers buff lasting 10 seconds and so on).

You need to REDUCE the self buffs, buff the class base damage some, fix eLoL set and T.Fey, increase combat efficiency which, right now, is poor.

But you keep ignoring everything in your holy war to obtain another pointless GWF overnerf with totally uniformed/ bad suggestions, which would result in another overnerf similar to the one we got at the beginning of module 4, which again would result later in some even more idiotc compensating buff by the devs.

So please, avoid giving suggestions about GWF, you know nothing about the class. Stick to suggestions about your own class and be happy.

You basically want to keep current self buffs (so you can HAMSTER about how broken GWF damage is when you see some sporadic big number with all buffs up), further decreasing the already poor combat efficiency. Which is exactly the opposite of what is needed. Lol.

You had your holy crusade against CWs. Do you think its all w/o repercussion?

I had GWF since module2 when dungeons needed skills and all GWFs boasting how great they were and 90% died after 10 secs before Draco...

Maybe you can sell this to mathematically challenged crowd but we all know that GWFs overbuffed dmg is not exclusively from the Lol set!

GWFs has too much self debuff! You can reduce its amount if you want or you can put CD in it. All is fine!

This is called "discussion"...