test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm frustrated, discouraged and getting burnt out.. No costing changes = getting tired of game.

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I left lotro when they told us flat out, no new raids for 6 months .. after removing 6 months worth of raiding rewards for , you guessed it. DAILY solo grind .

My entire raiding guild of over 100 toons left , with each of us signing a online petition, telling them to go suck it. Lotro was my favorite mmo of all time.. totally was the best time I ever had in a mmo up to that point. By far! yet they manged in one fell stroke to not only remove all viable group content, but make BiS just solo grind stuff, that again, you guessed it, could be halved if you just bought hourly reduction packs.

It was so ludicrous.. and for this super duper change.. they charged us 29.99 to start with.

That was the most disappointing part of it, we WERE charged for content there and they still THOUGHT they could micro transaction us to death.

They got what they sowed though, as the game is so small today, they are combining most of the servers to survive whats left. I doubt they will even release gondor , let alone Mordor.

I miss the game, but not that sort of attitude, game companies are NOT above their player bases. So by making this one terrible decision they removed half the playerbase it seems.

The game and the company, isnt likely to EVER release another expansion, after having , tens of thousands of players and millions of dollars in income at one point. Like D&D Lotro has a rabid fan following, but will not just simply put up with whatever, whenever dictates and terrible content.

• asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

I left lotro when they told us flat out, no new raids for 6 months .. after removing 6 months worth of raiding rewards for , you guessed it. DAILY solo grind .

My entire raiding guild of over 100 toons left , with each of us signing a online petition, telling them to go suck it. Lotro was my favorite mmo of all time.. totally was the best time I ever had in a mmo up to that point. By far! yet they manged in one fell stroke to not only remove all viable group content, but make BiS just solo grind stuff, that again, you guessed it, could be halved if you just bought hourly reduction packs.

It was so ludicrous.. and for this super duper change.. they charged us 29.99 to start with.

That was the most disappointing part of it, we WERE charged for content there and they still THOUGHT they could micro transaction us to death.

They got what they sowed though, as the game is so small today, they are combining most of the servers to survive whats left. I doubt they will even release gondor , let alone Mordor.

I miss the game, but not that sort of attitude, game companies are NOT above their player bases. So by making this one terrible decision they removed half the playerbase it seems.

The game and the company, isnt likely to EVER release another expansion, after having , tens of thousands of players and millions of dollars in income at one point. Like D&D Lotro has a rabid fan following, but will not just simply put up with whatever, whenever dictates and terrible content.

LOL, I spoke about LOTRO, too. I raided T2 HM for a few years. A few month after their changes I joined a T2 dungeon, when one of the former raid guilds searched for a few players, to boost their ranks for the fight. They had not one player left, who new the tactic for the boss, all raiders had left. Before the changes they were one of the few T2 HM raids running just with guildmembers.

BTW, a former raid member called me and informed me, that you have to log in and transfer your account (if your server gets closed) or you will lose it at the end of the year. They plan to release Modor next year. I am concidering, to visit them and help killing Saruman. There should be enough seals shards etc left, to gear up to a decent level and I know, that some of my former raid members returned. We switched more than two years ago with more than half of our raid to Neverwinter. I am the only one left playing it.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    account bound companions can was pushed down the road yet again - why does this take 3 months to fix?
    Another week, another no news on costing reductions.

but.. but.. we get 15k ad more rough ak a week , lol.

What a terrible nightmare this has become.

• jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    rapo973 said:

illhora said:

Craft is the real money maker in this game. 1 M in a week without playing not a big deal, have a guild mate making between 4-5 M a week with craft.
    So let met lauhg when THEY said they will rewards players playing.

To be nerfed immediately B) >:)
    my crafting prices on the AH have went down over 50% very hard to even break even on my crafted items used to make at least 10kad or more now not even getting the component cost a lot of the time

jhp

• mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User

In case you wanted to know, Gondor is in, mordor is coming. Sister is "luring" me back to Lotro..... got to say it's getting harder and harder to resist.....

NW Help!! I'm being sucked back into Lotro!! Quick,actually fix something!!!

• pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    I agree quite a lot.
    It feels like going from east coast to west coast at a 1MPH speed.
    And if you stop, even longer.
    ... No feedback will be heard.

They will release a new module, with the costing in place.
    they will release a module based on hes (gawd) really, did you ignore 95% of the feedback on hes and read the 2-3 that like them?
    gated behind tons of boring grind, that doesnt make you any ad of course.
    They wont fix there broken areas (sh, siege areas)

and they will not give us back any old dds it appears.

But they will of course.. add more RP costing to the game, because its fun. Right?

• naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    I was vaguely considering giving NW another shot after basically quitting due to Mod 7, but as soon as I heard 'more artifact weapons', that went away. Not interested in making up the RP gap to get my MH and belt back to legendary *again*.

Remember when a new weapon dropped from a boss/a free DD chest after hunting for it and it was immediately usable and better than your old one without millions of RP, marks, expensive cube gambling...? Yeah, devs, those days were actually fun. Yet another set of tedious artifact weapons with no sane way to get RP in any reasonable timeframe? Not. Fun.

You know what else isn't fun? HEs. Where the hells are the dungeons? You know, things people miss and enjoyed?

It's looking more and more like I made the right decision to finally give up after playing the game from closed beta onwards...
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    They are now just trying to make money out of their license to use the D&D term.
    Lure beginners with new modules into the game, make them spend some moniez, do not care about endgame and that the person will never spend money again… rinse and repeat.

The pathetic condition of the game quality is not a mistake or an accident, its a calculated business model.

Dont ever spend money on this game. Best advise ever!
  • novakk1novakk1 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2015

+1.Also try to help beginners not to get scammed by leaving reviews.
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    I'm curious... just how much REAL money do some of these 'whales' throw away on this game to get the great gear? Apparently, it takes a very long time to just play (not pay) and win...
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...there are people having spent high four-digit to five digit figures.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User

They are now just trying to make money out of their license to use the D&D term.

Lure beginners with new modules into the game, make them spend some moniez, do not care about endgame and that the person will never spend money again… rinse and repeat.

The pathetic condition of the game quality is not a mistake or an accident, its a calculated business model.

Isn't this exactly what one of the community moderators was telling us (can't remember whether it was Strumslinger)? Sure, he was more diplomatic but in the end it was the same...
  • therealairheadtherealairhead Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User

I'm curious... just how much REAL money do some of these 'whales' throw away on this game to get the great gear? Apparently, it takes a very long time to just play (not pay) and win...

There were posts a month or so ago that calculated it all out; going from nothing to BiS was around $8,000. Of course there are multiple 'ways' to do that, so there's going to be mulitple 'final-values', and some of it depends on the market at the time etc.

Mods moved those posts into the backroom somewhere... search the 'pit' or whatever they call it...
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User

There were posts a month or so ago that calculated it all out; going from nothing to BiS was around $8,000. [...]
    ...well, with a decent company, this should, after taxes, dividend, running costs, and overhead, should feed a dev a week or two. Just, frankly, I doubt...
  • psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I definitely agree. It feels like all I do is grind the same content over and over and over and over and...... I'm afraid to actually spend my AD to progress my characters, because I don't know how long/often I will be able to earn it. I expect prices to drop and some things, so I don't feel comfortable purchasing them until they do. I have spent the past 2 weeks basically logging in just to invoke and manage professions during comercial breaks. The game just isn't currently fun......
    Its a matter of costing.. we are stuck on the second round of 120k gems (again!) what a joke, Ive put in 20 stacks of r4 in the last week (avg price of 1800 per stack =another 36k AD total.. and we all know that's NOT EVEN doable without bots..

I cant continue to just feed the coffers and look, IM not even the biggest donater, Im maybe, maybe above average on these things.. but my entire guild DOES thier part.. no one is a slacker (or very little) so with a 100 dedicated accounts at least.. ITS beyond reason to the costing on these things at this time.

Costing is beyond extreme and IT HAS TO BE adjusted.

• andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    The gems requirements are nuts. AD is bad enough, but putting in something you directly need, as it IS in order to progress your current items feels like highway robbery.
  • coliercolier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    Question, are they following the same game plan on all the games they are hosting? Or is it just Neverwinter they have done this to? Sorry to ask...but I do not play any of the other games hosted by them.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User

From a login 4 hours back our guild had only 9 people online...and that is a fully joined 150 accounts guild. So much for Mod 7's guild fostering hype. :'( Cryptic really need to work on bringing people back into the game.

and yet they host a guild spotlight event without anyone saying how many of their respective guild members are active.
  • blackurn1blackurn1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User

I want to slap all of the people who think the game is better off right now then before leadership.. IT could be if they actually fixed costing, but they are way, WAY to slow on this item.

It took them a year plus to finally address the issue that was leadership AD armies.

You expect them to change all cascading cost mismatches in a week? That's unreasonable. =/

The leadership nerf had to happen. There wouldn't be a game left if it didn't.

You see bots in PE are actually BUYING AD now? =P

If they even took baby steps toward fixing their game it might help, but we just keep hearing the same lame promises with no actual changes week after week. I used to play NWO with my sons, but now they won't touch the game - any dreams they may have had for advancing their characters are gone. I kept playing hoping that Cryptic would get off their collective butt and actually do something, but this is not the Cryptic from City of Heroes days - the company now is barely a shadow of their glory days and I doubt their current staff even understands how to make the necessary changes.

I'm out - the fact that we have yet another week with no fixes, that the devs don't listen and don't care... There are so many other games out there with less stress and frustration attached, it's foolish for me to hold on to this one while it circles the drain.
    edited October 2015
    I am still trying to figure out why leadership "had" to happen, I hear that, but whatever garbage explanations I get, still doesn't resolve that the game is "WORSE" today then before that "had to" change happened.

Where is the defense now? the "had to" group that is.

Do you still trust cryptic to make this game more playable at this point?

• soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User

I am still trying to figure out why leadership "had" to happen, I hear that, but whatever garbage explanations I get, still doesn't resolve that the game is "WORSE" today then before that "had to" change happened.

Where is the defense now? the "had to" group that is.

Do you still trust cryptic to make this game more playable at this point?

I still wonder why the leadership thing had to happen as well. Maybe Cryptic wanted to get rid of everyone that was playing up to that point. Or most everyone. They actually did a pretty good job of making people quit playing and are still doing so with the frequent lack of any patches to the game. With so many mmo's to choose from, you would think Cryptic would be trying to please the players instead of driving them away to other games. Two more older but good f2p mmo's coming to steam in the next month or so which will attract more players away from nwo since there haven't been more bug fixes, more sources for ad, and more cost reductions. All I got to say, is that Cryptic needs to pull a solar system out of a hat with mod 8 to have any real chance of getting even a small fraction of their players back.

If Cryptic is looking for new players to make their budget instead of keeping their core ( majority if you like ) players in the game playing, they have their system or idea backasswards. If the core players are not enjoying the game, then they pass along to the new players all the bad issues with the game and tell them to avoid it like the plague. Which is where this game has gotten to thanks to very poor decision making and lack of well, pretty much everything. Which then keeps new players from playing the game making Cryptic not earn the kind of money they want, need, or could be. But if you keep the core players in the game and keep the game enjoyable to play ( by listening to the players ), they pass that info along to the new players who now want to play the game. They even try to recruit new players to play the game which brings more money to Cryptic. Why they try so hard to make people quit playing is beyond me. But then again, I don't run the show.