Good dayUpdated for Mod8 - no changes in build, some in gear (above pic with current gear from Mod8) + some info in posts below.0. Introduction
I was asked numerus of times to share my build in past months but never had time to do it till now. I always was PVE player on other classes but in mod2/mod3 I becomed very bored and a old guildmate from Dreadnought (greetings to other good CW and GF - [email protected]
) inspired me to use not played toons in PVE and try PVP - it's why I choosed GF as other classes were still PVE. From begining I was and I still am an Iron Vanguard with Conqueror spec. What is unique with my build and play style, that it's almost the same since mod2 till now - which for me as casual player which rather do not hit more then 100-150 PVP matches in whole mod - is an adventage. This build will be so short as possible as I do not want to copy-paste whole content and describe why this and why not that. This is PVP build but you can easly use it in PVE as well - currently there are no need to have tactican or protector build in PVE, but maybe (and I hope) Devs will implement new content (CN T3?) which will finally required more engagement from whole party, not another DPS race.
If you also do not play too often, you are bored with changing powers and playstyle, makes respec every month etc., you are not familiar with preview to test your build (I was there few times, mostly to open lockboxes) it's a build for you. Even if most GFs novadays play Sword Master (because in general it's better for PVP) it's does not change that they can beat you, believe me as I was fighting vs top players and you can beat a lot of people including BIS (and I am 3,1k GF, not 4k+). I will not provide description of powers, feats, or why I choose this and not that (with few exceptions) - you can read descriptions in game, and if you do not like it - choose your own, nobody said you cannot experiment.
I am lowering number of images during short life of them in general, so except these two, rest will be provided as alphabetic
Let's start!1. Race
Dragonborn - I was Dragonborn for like 1 day after I discovered that I cannot wear my helmet... Anyway it's a good class.
Halfling - Some control resist which is good adventage in PVP (currently with stupid companions bonus in PVP you will not see big difference).
Human - 3 extra points in feats - why not.
Ability scores - Focus on CON/DEX/STR, I personally put too much in CON which is not so BIS like it was in the past, and I am to greedy to buy race reroll
Anyway, no matter what you choose, focus on these three abilities (when you rollout them during character creation as well as during leveling up).2. Feats
- I played with Trample the Fallen till mod6 but I swtiched it for 5% more deflect chance.
- Grit + Take Measure + a lot of others players buffs which give you temp HP = Wrathfull Warrior -> you deal extra damage when you got temp HP, just sweet.
- Jagged Blades - don't know even if it's works, but you crit a lot (~40% chance) so why not.
- Combat Superiority - your #1 class feat required feat boost.
Last boons choice:
Sharandar - deal 3k damage when deflect (I guess most GFs took 10% more stamina, but I do not like use shield at all, I like to jump like pitbull and kill, so this 10% is not for me
Drad Ring - 3xmore life steal severity chance
Icewind - 3k bonus damage when healed (generally Icewind has worst last boons bonuses, I guess no matter you will chose, its do not change too much)
Dragon - I got life steal chance +3% and incoming healing (LS+REG procs) +10%. Still not achieved 3rd one but will take Crit or Control bonus for future PVE dungs (I hope they will implement them soon!).3. Powers
As mentioned above, I am really casual player, I almost always play in PVP with the same layout and I am even too lazely to change it when play 1vs1.
- Bull Charge
- Anvil of Doom
- Lunging Strike - I just love this power from begining, it was great to fill gap of GF slow movements, it's gives now 50% increased DR for 3 seconds with 6 seconds cooldown + give you great opportunity to finish running enemy + give you really good example how to suprise enemies as novadays almost everyone running with Into the Fray (it's why I am not using Sword Master, are most GFs using ITF while I prefere LS).
- Crushing Surge
- Threatening Rush - another reason why I love IV above SM.
- Villian Menace
- Terryfying Impact
- Combat Superiority - nothing to add, just great
- Shield Warrior Wrath - another good power which increase our damage, before I have been using Trample of Fallen, but now I use SWW.4. Gear
- PVP SH Set (got 3 pieces and will not go to 4th one, this PVP SH is big lag for me in every match) - you got +2khp when 2 pieces of set, +500 tenacity when 3 pieces.
- Artifact Wheel of Elements - best artifact in my opinion for PVP, basically I use only water (100% health regeneration over 30 sec) or fire (extra damage for 28 seconds) depending in which circumstances I am using it.
Rest 3 artifacts - up to you (good to have extra combat adventage damage, stamina guard, regeneration).
- Why regeneration? I personally "explore" map on PVP running from one node to another, and I always look to win a match, not to have greatest K/D etc., it's why if you can heal yourself by 10kHP during moving from one node to another, it's great. Also your life steal severity will increase (or rather incoming healing bonus). You will not have a time to find potion on PVP map, you must go to node and interrupt enemy capping it, and regeneration a little bit is good.
Set - I personally does not have set because I got CON belt which was bad choice (already explained above) - LOL set seems be good here and will also increase your DPS as well.
- Weapon enhantment: Feytouched>Terror(Plague). I was using Plague up to mod7 when I changed to Feytouched (gives also damage reduction... hope they will nerf it a little bit). Perfect/Pure plague is great if you havent too much money, if you have more - go for Feyt or Terror (some people still play with TError, it's why I don't focus on Power so much as enemies reduce it by %, the more I had, the more they still it from me
- Armor enhantment: Negation>Elven - Negation is still OP in my opinion, Elven sounds nice when you fight agains this roots HRs or frozen CWs (especially when you fight alone vs 2 of them).5. Other
- I personally recommend to build your statas based on encounters, boons, artifacts and others:
Defense: Life Steal>Deflect>HP
Offense: Recovery>Critical>Armor Penetration>Power
- TAB Mark allow GFs to do not focus so much on ARP like other classes, but of course 50% is welcome. Use it always when attack someone (we got also "small mark" on atwill Threatening Rush).
- Companions - I have no companions except Ioun Stone which buff my power and recovery in PVE. Also I do not like currently "bug" where other players using active bonus of them in PVP, I hope it will be fixed soon.
- Sword Master have Flourish which is what I am really missing - it's great tool against HRs and TRs, however still this build should give you fun, becuase we play for fun finally, right?
If I forgot something I will try to update. Hope you will enjoy it.
PS: Greeting to best TR in this game which is also not so famous and currently offline mostly, but has top-pure skills [email protected]
MrShield aka Lord Lucjan