test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leaderboards: Please fix or delete.

ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
Since it's inception I recognize there has been a difficulty for the Devs in finding an appropriate method of how to rank players on an over all leaderboard. My GWF was top of the leaderboard in mod 3 for like 3/4ths of the mod not because I was some beast of a player or, as some had originally thought, I had exploited the leaderboard somehow padding my stats. It was simply because I played PVP, and I mean a freaking ton of it. Simply because of the sheer number of matches I had played and built "ELO" off of, it was nigh impossible to displace me. I literally had to stop playing my GWF and then lose a boatload of matches in a row in order to finally move down a spot.

The leaderboard remained this way until the NCL was incorporated and, for once, it was relatively accurate. It could be padded a bit by starting with, and always running with the same group (worked best if it was a BIS experienced group). However this was the best it had ever been in ranking players appropriately. Once the NCL ended, however, it became much worse than ever before.

Now it is literally a running joke amongst the PVP community to check after every match as you bounce back and forth between page 1 and page 456 while winning all your matches. There is no rhyme or reason from the player base how the rankings work and they are, by and large, completely useless unless you sort them by kills, deaths, etc. Even when sorted this way it doesn't give you a ratio it simply sorts by number so it is more about the number of matches you've played than how much skill it took to play them.

My suggestions are as follows:
1) Return to the NCL formula for ranking players
2) Find a different formula that better reflects overall skill (rather than ELO which is meant for rating chess grandmasters?)
3) Only show ratings that can be sorted (as mentioned before kills, deaths, assists, matches won, and perhaps add k/d ratio)
4) Do away with, entirely, the leaderboard as it isn't a reflection of anything at the moment.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

Comments

• ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User

Option 4 please.

I actually agree with you at this point as the leaderboard isn't able to represent any skill level atm. Heal DCs/Pallies will always be at the bottom except on assists. The leaderboards, even when partially working, are completely DPS biased.

imgur pics don't work

• subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    PVP is such an unbalanced mess now that any leaderboard is pointless.

(And it's not because I'm a bitter SW)
    subnocte said:

I agree, PVP is completely unbalanced atm, mostly due to the following:
    1) Gear difference
    2) Unkillable Pallies
    3) OP SH wards
    4) Companions in PVP
    5) The ability to stack OP classes (no forced rainbows).

imgur pics don't work

Option 4 please.

I actually agree with you at this point as the leaderboard isn't able to represent any skill level atm. Heal DCs/Pallies will always be at the bottom except on assists. The leaderboards, even when partially working, are completely DPS biased.
    That i can live with, although ideally there should be a mechanic for non-dps classes. However, I've never seen such a system working well. No, my problem is that a leaderboard brings out the worst in people. Bug abuse, roflstomping and whatnot. Anything to get that 1 extra kill or assist to gain points. It's toxic and does nothing to improve PvP in the slightest.
    It is toxic, but not so much now because it's more of a joke than a serious matter. I think listing K/D's and such is fine because they're just numbers and if some people want to forfeit matches so they can pad their numbers then w/e but I think the overall ranking is just silly and has almost always been really bad.

imgur pics don't work

• therealairheadtherealairhead Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    option 4 fits the cryptic methodology and achieves multiple goals that cryptic has:
    1. It removes content/features from the game, reducing the codebase that cryptic must support.
    2. It removes an in-game 'indirect' indicator of the game's shrinking population, (leaving only steam which is easier for them to argue with).

It's a no-brainer.

I suspect the only reason the LB hasn't been removed yet is because they are trying to figure out a way to spin it... 'what can bots possibly have to do with a leaderboard?'
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    be nice if it actually worked at all. i have been playing since beta and it says I have 10 matches, 0 wins 0 losses. rofl.

since beta
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

subnocte said:

1) Gear difference
    2) Unkillable Pallies
    3) OP SH wards
    4) Companions in PVP
    6) knight valor with divine protection interactions multiprocs avalanche kill whole pt. ( suckers shard of valindra crown immune ha).
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

subnocte said:

1) Gear difference
    2) Unkillable Pallies
    3) OP SH wards
    4) Companions in PVP
    6) knight valor with divine protection interactions multiprocs avalanche kill whole pt. ( suckers shard of valindra crown immune ha also cleric with a bit luck heals counter that abuse).
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User

subnocte said:

1) Gear difference
    2) Unkillable Pallies
    3) OP SH wards
    4) Companions in PVP
    6) knight valor with divine protection interactions multiprocs avalanche kill whole pt. ( suckers shard of valindra crown immune ha also cleric with a bit luck heals counter that abuse).
    And here tip !
    Once, few days ago I had questionable pleasure of playing SH pvp. In middle lane I've found some pve guild (they call themselves this way) with standard premade 2 OP+2 DC and some dps's. No way to kill em. But then Eureka - man turn on KV.
    All of them died - don't know how, but looks like they killed themselves.

You see enemy OP's? Don't try to kill em, turn KV on and increase cooling of your graphic card hehe.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    + This Thread

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN