test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: Refining Artifacts Changes

2»

Comments

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    zeusom said:

When upgrading/changing a weapon for another artifact weapon, it would be nice to have a "preserve transmute" or "transfer transmute" option. Some of the weapon transmutes people have on tier current weapons are completely unavailable now.

This. This. This.

Actually asterdahl, if you guys REALLY wanna make a TON of money, create an "untransmute" token in the zen shop that "gives the player back" both items.

So if I have a:

Sword +3

And transmute a "Battle Axe +3" look ONTO the sword, it consumes the Battle Axe +3.

This "untransmute token" would deposit BACK into your bag the original Battle Axe +3 and put the default "Sword +3" look back on the item. Essentially reversing the transmute.

People would pay big bucks for this.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I'm just opting to not get things that are too expensive (like those cube things) and I live without the extra few points here and there.

But that's my choice.

I haven't bought a cube since they announced the removal of AD from Leadership, but basically the week before I finally bit the bullet to change the bonus stats on three or four characters' off-hands. That cost me 400k for the TR alone because combat advantage was the absolute last thing to unlock. I figured I'd be able to make it back easily enough, ha-effing-ha. I'm glad I didn't drop a lot on chasing higher rolls too.

The cubes were BLATANTLY introduced in an effort to drain AD out of the economy while it was flooded (like all the marks of potency), so it only makes sense to dial them back as an expense that was artificially imposed on players to begin with.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    I took this to mean "you still lose 50% of your refinement" but a bone is better than no bone at all ;)
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

All artifact weapons are artifact equipment; all artifact equipment is not an artifact weapon

This is exactly correct.

I hope that the "matching" double does not get screwed up with this change, because waiting for a double rp timeframe right now is actually giving you 4x rp if you put a matching type into a matching type.

No other bonuses will be impacted, your rank 15 and above weapons will refine into other artifact weapons or equipment as if you were refining during a double refinement event before the changes. That double refinement bonus will stack with other bonuses like bonuses for refining one primary into another.

The QA team is keeping a close eye on these changes, in addition they will become available on preview in the not too distant future, please feel free to transfer your character and test out the changes. Your continued feedback is greatly appreciated.
    mirlegris said:

with the new system, if i refine a new green weapon with my legendary weapon, it give me 949.432 x2 rp ?

This change is only to artifact weapons rank 15 and above, this essentially means artifact weapons that are blue quality or above. Brand new, green artifacts won't be affected. You'll still be able to receive a bonus if you feed these during double refinement events.
    mattock13 said:

Will the new weapons be on par with the Strongholds weapons or will they be an upgrade? Will anything be changing in regards to the cubes of augmentation and the randomness of unlocks? I'll understand if you can't answer this yet, just curious.

The new weapons from Demogorgon will be on par with Stronghold weapons, but quite difficult to obtain. The set bonuses on the two weapons are a bit different though, so you may find one or the other desirable based on your preferences. The Stronghold weapons will remain quite strong when you can field a party with multiple, due to the unity bonus.

The new elemental artifact weapons are similar in terms of raw strength, but their set bonuses are more situational. Some players might find their bonuses more appealing depending on their play style. These weapons won't require a guild or participating in a challenging 10 man boss battle, but they'll require quite a bit of time.

In regards to cubes of augmentation, we don't have any immediate plans to make adjustments, but we're continuing to take your feedback into account.

WHAT is the Unity Bonus?
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Very welcomed change. I'd love to have some extra space in my bags :)
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    izwor said:

Very welcomed change. I'd love to have some extra space in my bags :)

It only applies to artifact weapons being used as refinement materials. We'll still be waiting until 2x RP to actually refine them : |
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

so here is what i dont understand
    so we have 6 new weapons : 4 elemental + 1 demonranger whatev and 1 stronghold.
    so here is what i dont understand is why you guys didnt released ONE WEAPON SET using a similar system like we have with the cube of augmentation.
    you just need to have 1 legendary weapon set, but to get 1/6 , 2/2 set bonus you have to get some special fragments/gems/cubes that you get them from those certain zone/campaigns/quests.

ex: you want stronghold 2/2 bonus on your weapon? get Guildhall to lvl 16 and you get a fragment/gem/cube that will unlock you that 2/2 bonus.
    you want the demonranger whatev bonus ? go finish the 10 man raid and you get as a drop a fragment/gem/cube that opens the 2/2 set bonus.

so you guys released 6 weapons to make player loose the huge amount of cube of augmenttion that they spent on their weapon/offhand when they will do the transition from 1:1 refining points.
    how can this make us happy ? i dont understand.

not that your way will make us spend more AD, but it also put in a higher risk to loose enchants that are slotted on those weapons/offhand.

either way, i wish a response to why is not done what i proposed?

What if they all have abilities that you can change with cubes :|
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    lol no plans to adjust cube prices...

I guess the DEVs never actually used them before, blowing through 500k just to get what you wanted. Just more ADs you CAN'T buy marks with or give to your SH.....

Grinding for 50k, then blowing it on RNG. So rewarding.
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    Well, thanks for clarifications. Don't need to wait a 2xRP event, but we still lose 20% of the RP invested.

For elemental fire set, i understand : the SH set ( and the futures Demonic/elementals variations ) is better. It's an upgrade, cause of better stats, better damages weapon, better bonus.

But, if i have the SH set, and i want to refine a Demonic set, i lose 20% of rp invested just for a set bonus ? I assume stats and damages weapons will be the same for SH/Demonic/new elemental sets.. 20% for a set bonus is to much.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    mirlegris said:

Well, thanks for clarifications. Don't need to wait a 2xRP event, but we still lose 20% of the RP invested.

For elemental fire set, i understand : the SH set ( and the futures Demonic/elementals variations ) is better. It's an upgrade, cause of better stats, better damages weapon, better bonus.

But, if i have the SH set, and i want to refine a Demonic set, i lose 20% of rp invested just for a set bonus ? I assume stats and damages weapons will be the same for SH/Demonic/new elemental sets.. 20% for a set bonus is to much.

Lose more than 20%. You gotta buy a crapton of augment cubes to gamble with all over again.

• aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    It's a good improvement. It would also be nice if you do something with the Sigils. We should be able to use them to refine other artifacts once they reach X rank or category. Right now, they are super restricted and a waste of RP if someone pretend to change them for other.

And like Beckylunatic said:

"The cubes were BLATANTLY
    introduced in an effort to drain AD out
    of the economy while it was flooded
    (like all the marks of potency), so it
    only makes sense to dial them back as
    an expense that was artificially imposed on players to begin with".
    I find these cubes super idiotic and unloyal, if I could... I would remove them all. And changes between stats and stuff, all for free. That would give us some real variations and a 'nice expert-adventurer feel' of: "This is the situation gentlemen... prepare for the battle!, befit your weapons and powers now. Go go go!!". That would be great!, jaja.
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    My main question is are the SH artifact MH/OH going to be way more powerful (higher stats) then the new Mod8 artifact MH/OH? Because they should. I ask because it takes a TON of mats and teamwork to be able to access those weapons. It seems rather silly if we finally get SH arti MH/OH and then oh, mod8 artifact MH/OH released and they have the same stat levels.
  • bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    This is only a step in the right direction. The right direction is to give back 100% of the RP for all artifact equipment and not just for weapons. It isn't like you don't have to pay for marks and wards to upgrade from another artifact anyway. Why make us lose any RP?

I have been saying this for a long time now.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Underdark will see the introduction of a number of new artifact weapons. In addition many of you will soon have access to the new stronghold artifact weapons introduced in Strongholds. One understandable concern has accompanied the addition of new artifact weapons: transferring invested refinement points into new artifact weapons. We’ve been listening and I’d like to talk today about one big change we are making to improve that experience.

I'm just picking out one thing from that opening paragraph and highlighted it. The devs have obviously NOT BEEN LISTENING because the one thing we asked for more than anything else is NO MORE ARTIFACT EQUIPMENT and hey guess what? Five new artifact weapons coming in Underdark. Listening to feedback indeed...

However, I do prefer this change to the reforging system idea which was just as borked.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

This is only a step in the right direction. The right direction is to give back 100% of the RP for all artifact equipment and not just for weapons. It isn't like you don't have to pay for marks and wards to upgrade from another artifact anyway. Why make us lose any RP?

I have been saying this for a long time now.

This.

We are not getting the new artifacts free gratis and for nothing. We have to grind for it again as in Mods 4 and 5. Anything less than 100% RP return is another slap in the face. My cheeks are stinging so bad already that I'd almost welcome a kick in the nuts at this stage.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I'm a pvp player, and I will definitively not waste my time and the rp invested in my weapons for this bonus :

http://www.pixmanga.com/images/wM0kH.jpg

(160x24)/400 = 9.6% DR max when struck is not bad, similar to the Negation enchant effect.
    (160x24) = 3840 Power max when hit a foe is impressive, but in real combat situation, this 24 stacks are impossible. Maybe maxing is possible with duellist flurry, but the time and the rp needed..maybe i will change my weapons in mod 9. Maybe.
  • cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Is true u must wait to 2ble refine anyways cause u will refine a Legendary into an Epic and u need 20% of refining yet. And is so expensive that u need millions for that.
  • joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    another concern for me is i dont even unlock artifact weapons effects anymore with new artifact weapons every mod it is just too expensive for the casual player to unlock random and usually get the one you want last at 50k ad a pop when you refine an artifact mainhand or offhand into the same equipment type the number of random unlocked artifact powers ( class feature stat increase for offhand and class atwill feature enhance on mainhands should carry over!!!!
    i spent almost 700k ad unlocking HAMSTER on first artifact weapon set that were worthless with next set to release
    now that you have sucked the ad market dry of leadership abusers funds maybe you could fix this aspect of artifact weapons
    maybe add a weaponsmithing task that allows making player tradeable cubes of augmentation with full set of epic weaponsmithing tools since you made those worthless after many of us spent millions of ad to get them before arty weapons came out, and now they are worthless. some even spent real money on professions packs to get weaponsmithing assets that are now worthless ..... this kind of unfair pulling of the rug from under the feet of the players has driven off many that spent alot on game. and discourages those who feel we have way too much time and money invested to just walk away from spending any more money !
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    ayroux said:

zeusom said:

When upgrading/changing a weapon for another artifact weapon, it would be nice to have a "preserve transmute" or "transfer transmute" option. Some of the weapon transmutes people have on tier current weapons are completely unavailable now.

This. This. This.

Actually asterdahl, if you guys REALLY wanna make a TON of money, create an "untransmute" token in the zen shop that "gives the player back" both items.

So if I have a:

Sword +3

And transmute a "Battle Axe +3" look ONTO the sword, it consumes the Battle Axe +3.

This "untransmute token" would deposit BACK into your bag the original Battle Axe +3 and put the default "Sword +3" look back on the item. Essentially reversing the transmute.

This. I transmuted my Catastrophe cape onto a Slayer amulet. and I would love too have them seperate again as I dont want to risk putting it on an artifact cloak only for a new BiS cloak too come out next mod and me having too either lose ALL the RP. or the "one of a kind" transmute.

in saying that its kinda lame that the cape cant be reclaimed. :(
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    ayroux said:

zeusom said:

This. This. This.

So if I have a:

Sword +3

this would be awesome if it restored the original bind status of both items ... it would correct the unfairness of changing a transmuted item to most restrictive bind status ... like using btc tradebar purchased bow to transmute a bta artifact which kills the ability to use it for a pve /pvp alt ... i would pay 400 or 500 zen for that... only other option is to earn another twisted mainhand and then give up another 600k rp dumping the ruined btc one into the new one for refine... which is only option at this point.