test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Additional Astral Diamond Sources

Comments

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

Scott, this game is in a state of emergency and you need to realize that. Here's a list of things you and your team should be addressing immediately.

1. Lower fixed AD costs throughout the game for:
    - cubes of augmentation
    - boons
    - companion upgrades
    - weapon and outfit transmutes
    - Wondrous Bazaar

2. Give AD as a reward for absolutely every single thing in the game

3. Bring back the 11 dungeons so we can have some variety. Do you have any idea of sick I was of Cragmire Crypt back as a level 20 character?? Grinding to level 70 just so I can play it again is a cruel joke, not a fitting reward for my efforts. And the areas are now glaringly incomplete without the end dungeons. There's no payoff for doing an area. It's anti-climactic with no noteworthy ending.

4. Make it easier for us to gear up Alts. Alts are key to player satisfaction because it allows me to change gameplay and alleviate boredom. This is ESPECIALLY important when we're forced to do Kessel, Tuern and ELOL about 100 times just so we can get over 2k to play epic dungeons.

5. Bring relevance back to crafting. It is currently a complete waste of time. Nothing you make from any profession is worth any effort at all, other than the 2-slotted rings and the purple slotted shirts and pants. And even then, the costs are now prohibitive for just about the entire gaming population.

6. Give us more module style quests and less 'fetch 10 of these' missions and Heroic Encounters. A perfect example of what this game did right was the Linkletter quest. That was an actual quest. Like a module quest from actual Dungeons & Dragons. Why aren't there 100 more just like that? The Foundry seems to be able to do it. Maybe you should 'promote' top Foundry content directly into the game and make them official.

7. Allow level 70s to play every single skirmish in the game. Why do we lose access to that content? What is your reasoning behind this?

8. Do more CTA events. There should be something every single weekend. Give people a reason to play that's different and exciting once in awhile! CTA events give me something to play for over a 4 day span!

9. I know it's too late to reverse artifact gear, but that was a disaster. Turned everything into a mindless and boring grind. And took variety out of gearing up. I used to be able to play an area and play dungeons and get amazing gear that I could either keep or sell for AD. And then I could play another area and different dungeons to change it up. Can't do that anymore. Even the gear in the level 70 campaign areas is HAMSTER and mostly level 60. What's the point of level 60 in an area that I reach when I'm level 70 and possessing superior gear than the area rewards? Again, I'm not even sure that you guys play your own game. This stuff is glaringly obvious to those of us that play.

10. As per a below comment, Power Points should be automatic 70+. It takes a ridiculous amount of XP to get the reward and that effort should come in the form of a Power Point. Until you sell Power Points in the Zen store, it should be readily available in-game to those who put in the time and effort.

---
    I have nothing to say after this post "marsambassador" just a perfect view... if you guys really want to fix this game that's the way....
  • calithancalithan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    marsambassador is spot on. BTW, make the 15k from these quests refined AD and I might consider doing them. Otherwise, I'll just make five or less extra Kessells trips that week.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    First just let me say Im thankful that the devs are at least trying to give us other ways to earn AD.

With that said I would like to point out that there have been a number of threads on this forum by players that have suggested much better fixes.

The easiest fix would be to simply lower the cost of the AD sinks in this game. That way the little amount of AD most people earn daily would seem viable.

The 2nd fix is stop making all AD rewards raw astral diamonds that need to be refined. Adding more AD that I cant use until its refined isn't helping me much.

Currently if one is able to max out the daily 24k refining limit or better then you can earn 168k ADs weekly (24kx7=168k) with maybe a lil extra rads left over for the rainy day that you dont hit the max refining limit. Offering us a way to earn to an extra 15k rads does not help us in any way except if we don't hit the max refining limit. All it does is give us an increasing amount of unrefined ADs.

If the rewards were to give refined astral diamonds then that would be a much better reward. 168k+15k=183kAD weekly. And right now with the obvious issue of AD income vs AD sinks it would be a step in the right direction.

But personally, I would like see the cost of the AD sinks lowered rather then increasing the amount of ADs I can earn.
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    We won't see the Rad>AD refinement cap lowered from 24k per char, I'd bet anything on that.
    24k would be reasonable if the the required AD wasn't in the millions. People got around this by creating additional characters and generated 100s of thousands per day. A more reasoned look says how many characters can one person want to play? 1 per class, make the refinement cap per acount and make it 9(1 more than the no. of classes) x 24 k = 216k per day. People who spent money on slots to try different playstyles , get to play them all, people who want to concentrate on one character can, and roleplayers don't need AD, they need fore fashion items.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    Seriously Andy?

Thats all u have figured out? Give us 15k ad more on week? FFS transmuting one piece of set cost us above 2 days of caped refining.

Upgrading companions from green (that all u give us outside out zen store, beside one scarecrow) to useable purple cost 1.250k AD, we need 5 of them, and 1 legendary at least. Then u will ofc nerf something, change somthing, and we will need trow away one soon-to-become useless companion away.

But in best case scenario newbie needs 7.250k ad for companions only, next 2mln (if u r like me, and consider almost all zen mounts ugly af) for upgrading ur green mount to 110%, and we still miss upgrade to 140%, which will be crazy costy too i bet, if even introduced.

But lets focus only on those 5 companions. Its freaking ~302 days if u play only one 1 toon at the time. And then u need to spend time on farming those 24k per day, u need to spend of what u farmed on campains, then u need to buy gmops, then u need to get enchants.

And u kown what? Thats only 1 toon.

Next thing. Im legit member so it does not bothers me, but ppl under 2k IL dont even try to call on LFG anymore, coz nobody takes them, all they can to is running MotH ot DR one, or 3-man dungs, but those skirmishes and dungs dont have salvages, they barely get 14k ad per day. (im running freaking 14 elol runs daily, 2 on each of my 2k+ toon, which takes me freaking 5h ingame, so i can keep up my 24k refine per day, but thats only coz of salvages + salvages from seals every 2 days)

Thats insane. I will burn out soon, i promise u that. And many, many ppl burned out already. i see activity on legit, 200+ members online but like half t1 parties is organized by me (seriously, i counted for like a week, and it drops day by day).

Another thing is, u have moments when LFG silences, and only bots sings they songs.

Players activity is melting on our eyes. LFG, zone, and this forum (almost no new topics here) is going down in numbers. And u refuse to see it ur fault, or refuse to see it at all.

Which end game player, or close to endgame, heck even 3k+ ones, have fiuel to run day after day, on many alts, 2 same skirmishes (KR and eSoT) and 3 damn t1 dungs (or 3 next t2, but rly, there u find even less ppl for u them) and thats all, just to be able to transmute 1 fugly piece of eq after 2 days?

Another thing, we dont have endgame at all.

I dont see anywhere on big-HAMSTER boss which can be beaten only by endgame players, rewarding boss (yes u made tiamat, reward is junk, and every scrub can enter so we need use tricks and timers to get good ppl in one instance and acctualy beat it, too many scrubs is only difficulty, good job). Or maybe those dying eyes of mine cant see anymore into depth of this game darkness? Coz hell, dark it is.

TL;DR: reduce ad sinks, nobody would want more ad if sinks prices will drop by 70-80% (u took away around 99% of ad income with leadership anyway).

PS: seeing stubbornes of our game managment, for some times already i have 1 thing in my mind. Do u kill this game on purpose?

(Sin)crely
    Kain

• grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    1. AD cap needs to be changed to weekly instead of daily so it doesn't feel so grindy, and gives more freedom for the player.

2. the AD rewards need to be doubled. right now its pitiful how much you get.

3. As others have said, the prices for certain things need to be scaled down (like stronghold upgrades).
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I will Say Zeke is 100% right in terms of activity, hes setting most of the elol runs up.. I do set up runs from time to time or use legit, but since im in THC (the guild) , I usually join Zeke when Im too lazy to do my own runs.. Which day to day.. is becoming more and more. I love running stuff, but I get sick and tired of the state of affairs, and the non reply and the slap in the faces.

I dont do as many runs as him, but the only viable way to get AD is to spam run dds .. and even then its ludicrous amount of time consumption. I can run elols all day long until im blue in the face and never get ahead now.

Again, its simple, costing is WAY to high across the board or shouldn't even BE in place anymore.

Remove them.. now.

Pretty soon your veterans , that DONT judge based on i level will be gone, then you will have a whole bunch of people who will require 3k i level to run a VT or some other sad state of affairs, where will your game be at that point?

no one to show new people the ropes? Per example, new player, just joined legit, had HAMSTER for armour (sub 2k total) asked if it would be ok if they could join something to be shown through.. I immedietly grabbed the person, got my guild rolling and we slapped elol around, gave out some points , put them on my friends list and said, ask away, anything you want to know .

How many people will be left to do things like this?

How much longer can you insult us .. we lose people every minute at this point.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I'm sorry but isn't the problem more that the 25k you can reach everyday is way to low? You can add 100 sources of rough AD, we are still hard capped at 25k and that 25k IS NOT ENOUGH. 50k would not be enough.

And why add AD to quests that are years old? Who still plays that old content? I wouldn't set my foot in Biggrin’s Tomb even if my life depended on it... So how does these new AD sources help me? They don't.

How are we supposed to upgrade companions for 500k and buy mounts for over 1m AD and buy 100 different marks for upgrading enchants when we get 25k AD a day that is used up on potions and other minor stuff? That 25k don't even cover my respec tokens that I use from time to time.

ADD LOOT WE CAN FARM IN DUNGEONS THAT WE CAN SELL IN AH. AND BRING BACK MORE DUNGEONS.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    wow.... great ohhh wait a .... errr what about characters less than level 70 ???????????
  • guildlotto#4141 guildlotto Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    AD reward should be added to each daily quest, 1-3k, that would allow players to log in more often and get 24k cap actively.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

@goatshark : Do no take this as an offensive statement, but you are blindfolded if you didnt notice already that AH and "market" are collapsed. The explanation about why your market is collapsed is pretty easy and obvious.

Unfortunately, they are still getting some incorrect feedback, to those who hated leadership AD, and now are pimping their (we are right, everything is great, dont look here mantra)

1.The player-base has again been decreased. (again)
    2.There is much less items in the AH. (about 50% less volume then before)
    3.Prices have not really decreased to the point of affordability, in fact, its harsher, as you have less AD.
    4.Playing alts, is now EVEN more of a problem then ever before. (no ad income, no way you can play more then one toon.. boring)
    5.There is not enough regular play content to keep us entertained. Its all just pure grind.. (running elol, elol, elol, elol over and over again.. ) then do stupid quests you shouldve been done with a year ago.. AGAIN for stronghold.
    6.No actual rewards for playing (isnt this the trumpeted ideal for removal of AD leadership group?) Where is the REWARDS for playing through stuff. WHY are t2s worthless to do after you get seals? Why? Explain this to me.. pointless.
    7.Slow response or no response from supposed management team with improper implementation of changes.

Every week we lose more players due to the above. This doesn't even include ALREADY in game existing problems.

1.PVP balance (paladins need to have some abilities halved in pvp, trs are still ridiculous with some that can be in stealth 100% of the time.. oh sheesh, fun yes?no, other games, this isnt doable, Ive played many mmos, Stealth was always a 1 shot deal, you saved up your big maneveour, hit it, halved a enemies hp or something, then had to use dodges and skill rest of the fight, not just go back into stealth again)
    2.Seige and SH map is buggy as heck, HALF The frame rate of most other zones , why can I run at 30-40 fps in sharandar on high graphics, but its 10-12 in sh? turn graphics off.. no improvement.. so its not EVEN graphics.. something is wrong in those zones.
    3. Siege is now also being bugged out on purpose.. not cool.
    4. In addition, I TRULY believe banners should be able to gotten via trade in of seals and glory. So if you cant do siege because of the above issues, you can earn the BiS armour , I mean if your guild has access to it, its already gated right? I know you want people to play the new zones, but really , the siege map is just a complete mess. Why limit how people pvp?

I do not hear any positive steps in any direction really..
  • chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I have to say that this is a great idea, but with these quests being a once a week thing the amounts suggested as a reward for completing them needs a serious boost. 15k extra a week isn't even a drop in the bucket when compared to a full 7 days of daily content, which nets you 175k/week if you max out the rewards every day (and that doesn't take into account the addition of random AD drops from dungeon bosses.)
  • mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    zebular said:

Another great step, indeed! Hoping to hear of AD in individual dailies as well as leveling quests too. As well as many more pricing reductions. Another great step would be to heed these threads well: Building on a Foundation of Fairness and Revamped Item Empowerment via Experience System (now with more Wishes!)

Also, here are some restatements of my feedback and desires for a continued revamping of all things Astral Diamond, with pertinent highlights in green:

zebular said:

goatshark said:

With the recent changes to the AD economy, we are going to be reducing the cost on a few items in the Wondrous Bazaar, and adding a new item.

• Marks of Potency will be reduced from 25k AD to 6k AD
    • Greater Marks of Potency will be reduced from 100k AD to 25k AD
    • *NEW* Superior Marks of Potency will be priced at 100k AD
    In addition, we are changing some of the upgrade requirements on higher end Enchantments and Runestones. Weapon and Armor Enhancement gems will not be changed at this time.
    • Going from Rank 10->11 will now cost 2 Superior Marks of Potency, instead of 5 Greater Marks of Potency
    • Going from Rank 11->12 will now cost 4 Superior Marks of Potency, instead of 5 Greater Marks of Potency
    We are reviewing all of the locations Greater Marks of Potency drop/reward in the game, and are swapping those for Superior Marks where appropriate.

These changes will be going live very soon. Once they’re live and we can monitor performance for a bit, we will re-evaluate and see if further changes are necessary. As an FYI, we are continuing to monitor ALL Astral Diamond costs/performance/etc. as we work to balance this economy. Thank you for your patience.

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer
    goatshark said:

As a reminder, we are currently investigating AD sources for players who don't want to run queued content.

Many thanks, @goatshark! This is a very awesome step in the right direction. Nay, a leap, indeed! I am very pleased at hearing of these reductions. Alas, these noted reductions mean little to me over-all for I am an alt-o'holic, companion and mount collector, and self-appointed style connoisseur that enjoys customization over power. Also, most of my play time is spent either Solo Adventuring or creating in the Foundry (when it is working). I do enjoy Skirmishes most of the time though, especially CTAs.

So, for me, the reductions I am waiting for have yet to come; Which are massive Pricing reductions to Transmutation (AD), Companion Upgrades (AD), Mount Upgrades (AD), Costumes (Zen/AD), and Dyes (Zen).

I also am hoping to see more solo and alt-friendly ways to earn Astral Diamonds, such as Foundry Rewards (both player and designer), story-line mission rewards, and possibly even as character/account achievements. Foundry Authors and Players need to be earning AD too for their efforts and adventures.

This might also be a good time to make Astral Diamonds account-wide, like Zen, as well as it is high time that Tarmalune Trade Bars become account-bound just like they have been for years on STO (Lobi).
    Never-the-less, as I said, this is an awesome leap in the right direction, I am still waiting for the landing however. Keep up the good work!

Source

Regardless of my personal experience with Wards though, I do feel that all the AD sinks in the game should be evaluated for these AD Changes. Meticulously evaluated and adjusted accordingly.
    Source

Pardon the stupid question, but how are Tarmalune trade bars not already bound? I open a lockbox, and if I'm lucky, get bars. They go into my inventory in currency. I cannot mail them, I cannot sell them, they are (IMO) character bound. Or am I missing something?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    mjonis said:

zebular said:

Another great step, indeed! Hoping to hear of AD in individual dailies as well as leveling quests too. As well as many more pricing reductions. Another great step would be to heed these threads well: Building on a Foundation of Fairness and Revamped Item Empowerment via Experience System (now with more Wishes!)

Also, here are some restatements of my feedback and desires for a continued revamping of all things Astral Diamond, with pertinent highlights in green:

zebular said:

goatshark said:

With the recent changes to the AD economy, we are going to be reducing the cost on a few items in the Wondrous Bazaar, and adding a new item.

In addition, we are changing some of the upgrade requirements on higher end Enchantments and Runestones. Weapon and Armor Enhancement gems will not be changed at this time.
    • Going from Rank 10->11 will now cost 2 Superior Marks of Potency, instead of 5 Greater Marks of Potency
    • Going from Rank 11->12 will now cost 4 Superior Marks of Potency, instead of 5 Greater Marks of Potency
    We are reviewing all of the locations Greater Marks of Potency drop/reward in the game, and are swapping those for Superior Marks where appropriate.

These changes will be going live very soon. Once they’re live and we can monitor performance for a bit, we will re-evaluate and see if further changes are necessary. As an FYI, we are continuing to monitor ALL Astral Diamond costs/performance/etc. as we work to balance this economy. Thank you for your patience.

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer
    goatshark said:

As a reminder, we are currently investigating AD sources for players who don't want to run queued content.

Many thanks, @goatshark! This is a very awesome step in the right direction. Nay, a leap, indeed! I am very pleased at hearing of these reductions. Alas, these noted reductions mean little to me over-all for I am an alt-o'holic, companion and mount collector, and self-appointed style connoisseur that enjoys customization over power. Also, most of my play time is spent either Solo Adventuring or creating in the Foundry (when it is working). I do enjoy Skirmishes most of the time though, especially CTAs.

So, for me, the reductions I am waiting for have yet to come; Which are massive Pricing reductions to Transmutation (AD), Companion Upgrades (AD), Mount Upgrades (AD), Costumes (Zen/AD), and Dyes (Zen).

I also am hoping to see more solo and alt-friendly ways to earn Astral Diamonds, such as Foundry Rewards (both player and designer), story-line mission rewards, and possibly even as character/account achievements. Foundry Authors and Players need to be earning AD too for their efforts and adventures.

This might also be a good time to make Astral Diamonds account-wide, like Zen, as well as it is high time that Tarmalune Trade Bars become account-bound just like they have been for years on STO (Lobi).
    Never-the-less, as I said, this is an awesome leap in the right direction, I am still waiting for the landing however. Keep up the good work!

Source

Regardless of my personal experience with Wards though, I do feel that all the AD sinks in the game should be evaluated for these AD Changes. Meticulously evaluated and adjusted accordingly.
    Source
    Pardon the stupid question, but how are Tarmalune trade bars not already bound? I open a lockbox, and if I'm lucky, get bars. They go into my inventory in currency. I cannot mail them, I cannot sell them, they are (IMO) character bound. Or am I missing something?

They're character bound and that's where the issue is. If you want to afford something, you have to open all locked boxes on one toon and Mystra forbid you open one on another character. What I am saying is that they should be an account-wide currency, similar to STO's equivalent there, which are Lobi Crystals.
  • mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    zebular said:

mjonis said:

zebular said:

zebular said:

goatshark said:

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer
    goatshark said:

Source

Source
    They're character bound and that's where the issue is. If you want to afford something, you have to open all locked boxes on one toon and Mystra forbid you open one on another character. What I am saying is that they should be an account-wide currency, similar to STO's equivalent there, which are Lobi Crystals.

Oh, gotcha. Yes, that would be nice if they were. Doubt it'll ever happen, but would be REAL nice.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    zebular said:

mjonis said:

zebular said:

zebular said:

goatshark said:

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer
    goatshark said:

Source

Source

Know what sucks, I have the TBs on my GF, but I want the thayan fashion for another character.....
  • roadki11ukroadki11uk Member Posts: 16 Arc User

...(also the guild mark rewards for donating AD are poor).

Agreed 10 K AD gets you 10 GM or 10K AD buys 99x R5 enchants - worth 196 GM. Maths I can do...
    Can make an even bigger gain on at least one other category.
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    subnocte said:

zibadawa said:

subnocte said:

Why did they remove the bonus hours on dungeons and skirmishes? It was one of the best ways to get AD by actually playing, and it wasn't a source for bots.

Because it meant you had to play the game at specific times, instead of playing when you wanted to or could, and if you were logged in at the wrong time to do what you want then haha to you.
    It was a bonus though, taking it away isn't making it better for anyone, just removing a good source of AD. It was a great way to make a lot during CTA events too.
    Because, per an official post, they are trying to get away from "hr" this or "hr" that. Besides there is going to be more and more stuff to "hr" away. It had more of a psychological effect ticking off more people than it pleased. If you missed the hr for something you got cheesed rather than pleased.

It also made people feel (although when has it ever bothered NW before this) manipulated, *you have to play our way at such and such a time to get this nibble of carrot, not the whole carrot mind, just a nibble*. After numerous posts about this for yr(s), it bonked them in the head enough they decided it just might cheese people off :)

Consider the dynamics as a problem, you have 10+ things to make "hourly". You put them all in a que up for hour. Now IF, you are lucky enough to log on, at the time the hour thing you like rolls around AND you get a group (if needed) together in time to take advantage of it AND you DO get to do so and enjoy the rewards, you are happy. That's 4 maybes and a individuals judgement call you depend on for a happy customer.

On the other hand...IF you aren't lucky enough to get on at that time, you are displeased.
    IF you didn't get a group together in time to take advantage, you are displeased.
    IF there for whatever reason it don't go down good, like disconnects, lag, group breakup, wipes etc etc., you are displease.
    IF you didn't manage to do whatever you have to in that hours time due to whatever misfortune happened, you are really displeased.
    It's all of those IF's that you are going to base your experience on and feel cheated.

Now add that for the next chance to get it right you got to wait 10+ hr for it to roll around again, are you even going to be on to do so? Miss it a few times, or fail a few times and most people deem it not worth the effort and say F'it.

I'm thinking they going to go down a route of: Do X get a AD reward, X not having a time limit on it. Do N N=multiple times Do it and get another AD reward. Sort of like Rhix foundry, do this get that.

The 15k/week idea they have announced is a whisker step in the right direction, something that some folks are going to do already, adding AD to it as a bit more special. They now need to take that idea and expand it DRAMATICLY! To include every other activity that players are going to be doing already anyway, not just a tad of spice for only L70's.

The "dailies" don't come into play until you are grinding through campaigns, were are the "dailies" for other than L70?
    Don't put it only on "dailies" put it on EVERYTHING...small amounts of AD for all activities: quests/skirmish/dungeons/pvp/foundries starting @ when you get introduced to Rhix. (this helps stop account farming)

• blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User

Scott, this game is in a state of emergency and you need to realize that. Here's a list of things you and your team should be addressing immediately.

1. Lower fixed AD costs throughout the game for:
    - cubes of augmentation
    - boons
    - companion upgrades
    - weapon and outfit transmutes
    - Wondrous Bazaar

2. Give AD as a reward for absolutely every single thing in the game

3. Bring back the 11 dungeons so we can have some variety. Do you have any idea of sick I was of Cragmire Crypt back as a level 20 character?? Grinding to level 70 just so I can play it again is a cruel joke, not a fitting reward for my efforts. And the areas are now glaringly incomplete without the end dungeons. There's no payoff for doing an area. It's anti-climactic with no noteworthy ending.

4. Make it easier for us to gear up Alts. Alts are key to player satisfaction because it allows me to change gameplay and alleviate boredom. This is ESPECIALLY important when we're forced to do Kessel, Tuern and ELOL about 100 times just so we can get over 2k to play epic dungeons.

5. Bring relevance back to crafting. It is currently a complete waste of time. Nothing you make from any profession is worth any effort at all, other than the 2-slotted rings and the purple slotted shirts and pants. And even then, the costs are now prohibitive for just about the entire gaming population.

6. Give us more module style quests and less 'fetch 10 of these' missions and Heroic Encounters. A perfect example of what this game did right was the Linkletter quest. That was an actual quest. Like a module quest from actual Dungeons & Dragons. Why aren't there 100 more just like that? The Foundry seems to be able to do it. Maybe you should 'promote' top Foundry content directly into the game and make them official.

7. Allow level 70s to play every single skirmish in the game. Why do we lose access to that content? What is your reasoning behind this?

8. Do more CTA events. There should be something every single weekend. Give people a reason to play that's different and exciting once in awhile! CTA events give me something to play for over a 4 day span!

9. I know it's too late to reverse artifact gear, but that was a disaster. Turned everything into a mindless and boring grind. And took variety out of gearing up. I used to be able to play an area and play dungeons and get amazing gear that I could either keep or sell for AD. And then I could play another area and different dungeons to change it up. Can't do that anymore. Even the gear in the level 70 campaign areas is HAMSTER and mostly level 60. What's the point of level 60 in an area that I reach when I'm level 70 and possessing superior gear than the area rewards? Again, I'm not even sure that you guys play your own game. This stuff is glaringly obvious to those of us that play.

10. As per a below comment, Power Points should be automatic 70+. It takes a ridiculous amount of XP to get the reward and that effort should come in the form of a Power Point. Until you sell Power Points in the Zen store, it should be readily available in-game to those who put in the time and effort.

DO THESE, please.
    CTA is the only queuable content, that finds you a party in 5 seconds, any time! I'm not sure how devs not see this.

But first of all, bring back old contents. Dungeons. HE-s are not a content. They're content wannabes, since mod 4 devs seem to fallen in love with heroics, but most of the players hate them. It's not a content, It's a stupid zergfest. Since mod 4 we did not get any new dungeons, that was more than a year ago. Give us back dungeons please, and make it worth to play. Seals are stupid, put in some real REWARDS. No more satisfying, than open a chest and find some new equipment in it. The new stronghold HE purple rewards are fun, for example.

It's DnD for Gods sake, but we have more Dragons than Dungeons. Should't it be the other way?

11. If you want people to pay, put some more thingies to Zen Market for a fair amount of ZEN. Companion Helper pack for 1400 ZEN? Blood ruby for 800/2000 ZEN? Come on, seriously. Put in account-wide companions for every companion there, and double their price. Put in some more packs, with new mounts, races, companions, a free campaign completion token (players can choose one), race reroll, some minor, and people will pay, if it's fine.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • sirkus1313sirkus1313 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    I think you're heading in the right direction, but you really need to balance the game more as far as AD and pricing. I agree with lowering boon amounts for AD, etc. I mean why does it cost so much for me to change how my armour/weapon looks? That shouldn't be a big deal, but it cost 50K. Also, the amount of AD require for the stronghold is crazy. You do realize that for smaller guilds, it's hard right? Those amounts should be lowered please.

Keep fixing it! Maybe one day you'll get there.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Has the bonus been implemented yet? I didn't see it in the last patch notes,
    but all these announcements are worded as if they've already happened.

(Not running any weekly til I know for sure.)

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    As far as I know it has not been implemented yet, as when I ran Defend the Portal it did not give me AD.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

As far as I know it has not been implemented yet, as when I ran Defend the Portal it did not give me AD.

It's on preview so it's possible it might not even hit until underdark : |
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    grimah said:

1. AD cap needs to be changed to weekly instead of daily so it doesn't feel so grindy, and gives more freedom for the player.

2. the AD rewards need to be doubled. right now its pitiful how much you get.

3. As others have said, the prices for certain things need to be scaled down (like stronghold upgrades).

I'd actually really like this. just make it 200k a week instead of 168k a week though :P its still not great but its better.

people would still play daily fort he extra bonus ad from first 2 of each day. but if someone only really has weekends or 1-2 nights for hardcore playing they can grind out salvage equipment and hit their cap still.
    I would increase the caps on how much you can earn a day from pvp / pve content by 2.5 x or so though.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    I too lament artifact gear, it woukdnt be as annoying if the refinement applied to the slot or at least allowed us to pick all of the individual stats
This discussion has been closed.