test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stronghold problem - what if?

2»

Comments

• dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User

Sell a stronghold is very possible. People sell their account by paypal. I don't see why it would be impossible to sell your stronghold the same way.

WELL here's why there won't be a case of this too often.

The retail value of a Guild stronghold (lowside) is around 15,000 USD. I highly doubt you'll find one individual willing to buy at that price too often

The only way I can see preventing this issue with in game functionality would be perma guild leaders until every member has left the guild

at that point you have multiple guild leaders that can't be demoted... then it's impossible to steal a guild unless the other guild leader willingly leaves as well

although it could get pretty messy with everyone else thats being kicked.. but at that point the guild is still useless for sale.

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    If your paying 15k for a sh, I have a lvl 1 to sell

Edit: obvs joke
  • l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    Even if we live in a account-selling-free world.... what happens to a guild if the Guild leader cannot login anymore?
    Don't want to sound creepy (but unfortunately I am), but accidents happen.

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• tonecaponepatrontonecaponepatron Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    XBOX USER question:

Are there new personalized rings, newer BiS pants and shirts in Strongholds? Not buying them now on Xbox as Strongholds is coming out in a few weeks. Cant find info online.
  • tonecaponepatrontonecaponepatron Member Posts: 22 Arc User

XBOX USER question:

Are there new personalized rings, newer BiS pants and shirts in Strongholds? Not buying them now on Xbox as Strongholds is coming out in a few weeks. Cant find info online.

Personalized, Stuff nope. Pants and shirts, Nope

OK, so my personalized 135/145il rings from Ele Evil are BiS rings and the 145il gemmed ele evil pants and shirts are still BiS. Legit.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...it's a ToS violation.

Not that it'd matter to the seller, but caveat emptor...

...it's a ToS violation.

Not that it'd matter to the seller, but caveat emptor...

If you read the ToS almost everything is a ToS Violation including discussing the ToS​​

...so, technically, you as a file-&-rank-guildie, provided your (sale-)suspicion can be corroborated, have a definite handle to cause big C to (hopefully perma-)ban the (sold) account of your ex-Guildmaster.

After having done that, wait three months, or six weeks or somesuch, maybe, with the CS's blessing also earlier. Then one of the highest ranked claims leadership.

So much for the theory of in-game justice.

Factually, and judging from experience with anything reeking of a problem, I'd rather not be surprised if C won't really show much enthusiasm and eagerness to actually pursue your accusation, but I might be wrong here.

There should be traceable indicators, e.g. a double change of the email adress the account is founded on. Also, the IP addresses from which the login occurs should most often differ somewhat between before and after. Etc. etc., yadda yadda...

What, however, would be nice: Some Mod or Dev working out and/or posting and/or linking to a suitable address or a HowTo regarding this procedure. But alas, this would empower players / cause spamming of the poor colleague handling such stuff / depopulate this game even more / cause some of the best geared ppl to get the boot / cause the anger of the Chinese game item mafia / [even more yadda yadda]

It's IMHO astonishing, CrypTypical, and somewhat symptomatic for the state of the game, that none of the aforementioned authorities has so far bothered to do so in this thread...

...dilligently looking the other way seems oh-so-much easier, it seems...
    ...sorry Quotebox bungled, maybe due to my editing error. My text starts at:

"...so, technically..."

...but since we got the cool new forum looks, editing such errors isn't possible anymore. Yay.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    kvet said:

What if purple pigeons flew under the pink bridge at half past 7:30 carring a flibertyjibbit that was being chased by a mellow mongoose?

this ^
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    dersidius said:

Sell a stronghold is very possible. People sell their account by paypal. I don't see why it would be impossible to sell your stronghold the same way.

WELL here's why there won't be a case of this too often.

The retail value of a Guild stronghold (lowside) is around 15,000 USD. I highly doubt you'll find one individual willing to buy at that price too often

The only way I can see preventing this issue with in game functionality would be perma guild leaders until every member has left the guild

at that point you have multiple guild leaders that can't be demoted... then it's impossible to steal a guild unless the other guild leader willingly leaves as well

although it could get pretty messy with everyone else thats being kicked.. but at that point the guild is still useless for sale.

Why not ? 15.000 usd might sound a lot for you and me, but there are plenty of people spending thousands on the game.
    Ok i admit that won't happen everyday, but, this game is getting so messed up that i wouldn't be surprise, if you calculate how much ad you need to max out ONE toon, you'd get a headache...