test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• g0dfr3yg0dfr3y Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Voted bard because I'm curious how they will handle it. Spell-casting musician, or courtier with a rapier? An archer, maybe? Or a wand-wielding scholar?

I think they could do a shapeshifter druid or a caster druid, or more likely a bit of both. After seeing how the warlock turned out, I would rather not see another pet master class. This is not the game for it.

I would really like to see a staff or spear-fighting class. The best option for that from the current list might be the monk, I don't know, although I guess most monk fans want to see a bare hands style.

What would also be cool would be to see more versions of the base classes: we have two fighter classes, so why not a second rogue, wizard, or cleric class? We could have an archer rogue, a wizard that casts Bigby's hand or necromancy-type spells, or a shadow cleric.
  • I want Samurai lol
  • aimeyiraimeyir Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    umcjdking said:

EQ Bard had it right. Every other game's bard has sucked tremedously

Devs should just blatantly rip off EQ bards. In fact, Devs should just blatantly rip off EQ more often.

Except for "unding" XP penalty, profession methods, and reliance on other player's buffs to do anything.

But I like Drakkin, the armor dye system, and 40 man raids. =)

• wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    Monk would probably be instaplay for me - Baldurs Gate, Neverwinter - favourite class in both of these games.
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    Come on Druid! Give us shapeshifters!
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    Werewolves! I know they are not a race as if know but what about the ones in game? They dont seem to be affected by an illness.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • acro33acro33 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    The Monk sounds like it'd be a class to give the TR's a run for their money. Also, the Barbarian and Druid would probably be great fun to play.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Monk. Please.

Every other class listed is just a variant on what's already there - Barbarian=GWF, Druid=DC, Sorcerer=SW, Bard=HR and or TR. Only the Monk is unique in this list, with no current NW equivalent.

I'd start a new char right now if Monk was available.
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Had to choose between Monk, Bard and Druid.

Since Bard was a hybrid class for Fighter/Rogue/Wizards in First Edition, and Monks required insane stats to qualify for, I went with Druid.

Besides, we already have "Barbarian" Just call them Great Weapon Fighters, but they are definitely more Barbarian than Old Skool Fighter with a Great Sword in Full Plate.....
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The Monk is THE class to pick if they want to boost their game activity, also with the monk they can create a true original class with specials acrobatic powers animations and a true and unique action mmo feeling.
    I don't see any class better than the monk to fill an MMo action game certainly not a new armored low turtle with persistant aoe protective and laggy spells and the monk could be THE rogue killer.
  • acro33acro33 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    novo68 said:

If your going to do a class of magic it should be a shaman or a mage that uses fire and lightning.

The CW's Paragon paths is Fire or Lightning....
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Just my humble opinion but:

Barbarian=souped up GWF
    Druid=Souped up Hunter Ranger
    Monk=Another Tank only forbidden to use weapons

The closest thing to a bard the game has, would be the buff powers that many other character classes have.

But I still voted for the Bard.

Already IMO there appears to be a lot of 'cross-classing' when it comes to offense, defenses and buffs, so really what's the difference, other than just another character to encourage people to either delete one of their already outfitted higher level players (yeah right... like that's going to happen) or purchase more character slots which will take zen procured by either collecting AD's and converting them on the Exchange, which will take a long time for most players, or purchasing zen with real world currency...

After spending currency on zen to purchase a greater bag of holding, then later having it bound to character -

Spending currency on zen, converting it to AD's to purchase level 60 Epic armor, then later to have it made almost worthless -

And finely spending currency on zen to purchase character slots so I could invoke more characters and have more characters doing leadership professions to be able to purchase the armor weapons, accessories, runestones and enchantments, not to mention the necessary refinements to upgrade those items so I could survive some of the areas that were made drastically more difficult, where I could get the better weapons armor and accessories, only later to have invocation AD's drastically reduced and Leadership AD's all but eliminated...

I won't be paying anything to purchase any more character slots so really it doesn't matter to me.
    DD~
  • velladius#6885 velladius Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Bard please. I'm a musician irl btw.
    Druid would be good for a number of reasons, but second to bard.
    I agree so much with the last 4 pages.
    I dunno the 5e ruleset but i know 4e basics.
    i am guessing that bard and druid will come into play but i hope for bard first.

I think about it like this, Rogue types are lonely. So, Bards. Paladin's already gave love to Cleric types and tanks. That's sweet, but Control Wizards' role is also added to with a Bard. Then, Druid. For module 8, which would make the trees happy again since it's been awhile since Ranger was released. That about covers it. You know, round robin style. Everybody in order.

1. bard
    2. druid
    3. necros

Reason for Edit:
    About balance. JaydenOmega just says let's balance current classes. Then he says there's a lot of inner-class freedom and non-defined roles. Ok. Huh. So isn't that good? That's why Bard would rock by the way. Versitility. Sometimes classes actually can't do what they're supposed to? I think that's a D&D pitfall. I learn to live with it as long as possible, which I think you said.
    Post edited by velladius#6885 on
    11.jpg
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    bioshrike said:

gomok72 wrote: »

Druids to me don't make any sense with this new Drow/Demonic mod coming around. Now someone actually put up a post (I can't find it now with all of the mountains of HAMSTER threads stacked on top of each other on this forum.), but it gave a nice list of missing classes and what we could possibly see in the future.

It would be nice if they made a concise list of classes that have a strong possibility of actually being seen in game instead of a damn "who wants to vote on this class thread." (which are always created by the "green geared moderators."

<Mod Note: Removed some comments - Read the Rules Please. ~Zeb>

While I have my own theory regarding classes having some association to the various modules that come out, you really need to look at them as separate additions, which are not concerned with the theme of the module that they are released with. There is probably some form of datamining or other such analyses done by the devs/Cryptic/PWE, which determines which classes will be the most profitable, and which can be done in the allotted time. Additionally, there's the matter of what roles within the game need the most attention - one need only see how it's tanks & healers that are always in demand, while DPS classes are a dime a dozen... Something like a druid could be yet another option for healing/support, which I feel this game needs, (my personal opinion is that a "healadin" simply lacks the tools that a DC can bring to a party).

I agree with this, but I can guarantee you if they are basing their statistics around this and the $$$ that could potentially be brought to the game, the next class on the list should be Monk. I mean how many people in game currently and outside would want to play a Knuckle using hard kicking, Shuriken throwing "Striker" (I know at least 15-20 people who rarely play MMOs would actually come to this one if that happened.).

I don't know if they would do the class justice based on what they could do in 5th edition the same could be said about Druids (A very complex class dynamic) and Psionics.

I guess the only thing we can do is wait and see as "EVERYTHING" is speculation and I have finally realized that them putting in classes have no rhyme or reason based on RA Salvatore's books or the world's direction (Can have demon ingame for the next mod and Bards or Druids could be put in.).

I stick to what I was saying before, Druids don't/would not make sense for the coming mod whereas a Psionic or Monk class would (make more sense that is.). Maybe I'll do like I did and take a break until the class I want to play outside of SW is put in the game and just craft/farm stuff, but we will see.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    gomok72 said:

I agree with this, but I can guarantee you if they are basing their statistics around this and the $$$ that could potentially be brought to the game, the next class on the list should be Monk. I mean how many people in game currently and outside would want to play a Knuckle using hard kicking, Shuriken throwing "Striker" (I know at least 15-20 people who rarely play MMOs would actually come to this one if that happened.).

I wouldn't want to see one. I find the entire class silly and annoying. And I'm not alone.

http://www.ruleofthedice.com/2011/02/monks-suck.html

There are plenty of other options to get ones Kung-Fu fix. One of the parts of this game I still enjoy is it is very much a WESTERN fantasy that stands apart, in form and style, from so many Eastern inspired clones.
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2015

gomok72 said:

I wouldn't want to see one. I find the entire class silly and annoying. And I'm not alone.

http://www.ruleofthedice.com/2011/02/monks-suck.html

There are plenty of other options to get ones Kung-Fu fix. One of the parts of this game I still enjoy is it is very much a WESTERN fantasy that stands apart, in form and style, from so many Eastern inspired clones.
    You do realize that Monks in DnD are nothing like what you posted now, right "that's from 2011." ?

Psionic Strikers are the define for Monks now, not some chi using Asian dude from the East.
    Here is something that is actually up to date on "Psionic Strikers" and have a lot of people working on developing it for the new.

https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/psionics-survey-results

They are definantly moving away from the Eastern theme your dreading :)
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    gomok72 said:

You do realize that Monks in DnD are nothing like what you posted now, right "that's from 2011." ?

Psionic Strikers are the define for Monks now, not some chi using Asian dude from the East.
    Here is something that is actually up to date on "Psionic Strikers" and have a lot of people working on developing it for the new.

Funny, because in your own request you wanted a
    gomok72 said:

a Knuckle using hard kicking, Shuriken throwing "Striker"

I read it twice, didn't see any mention of psionic powers, just pure kung-fu. So either you are requesting a class you know they wont do, due to theme. Or you want the flying kung-fu ninjas despite adaptions to the rule set.

Either way, my point still stands. Monks still suck.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

gomok72 said:

Funny, because in your own request you wanted a
    gomok72 said:

a Knuckle using hard kicking, Shuriken throwing "Striker"

I read it twice, didn't see any mention of psionic powers, just pure kung-fu. So either you are requesting a class you know they wont do, due to theme. Or you want the flying kung-fu ninjas despite adaptions to the rule set.

suckMONKey
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

gomok72 said:

suckMONKey
    So if it is the Monk class they roll out - don't play it.

There are plenty of others (me included) who will happily start a new alt asap to try it out if they do.
  • princevlad#1532 princevlad Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've played a lot online games and always loved the idea every char having there own quest not the same old grind but one u can actually do ur own quest to a suitablel evel and to get gear that matches ur char up to a suitable level and then join the whole gaming community and then once you've accomplished that then move into another part of a game. Ok I'll simplify this. say u start out n forsaken world or what ever have starting point. Then move into let's say nevewinter so on and so on. I know this sounds quite HUGE that's because it is. What I don't know how u may pull this off but I use play never winter on pc and I was there when the ranger came out I started out as thief or assassin myself didn't know u u couldn't combine the two just some idea I thought of.
    Prolly u all did too just didn't read back far enuff But anyways I REALLY love the games
    I'm 52 now so I can tell u I've played a lot I fine rpg,s are my favorite so keep up the good work DEV,S having a good time forsaken world thx.
  • teatewteatew Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    Bah I just noticed this thread and voted to late. I really wanted Monk as the next class :(
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    offering my line up on classes.

Monks (unarm combats/chakra heals) Str/Dex/Con
    bards (Final fantasy had that right) songs can hurt mobs and can heal group or buffs/debuffs. Dex/Cha/Wis
    druids (that coming soon, but when?)

what i want to see new improve version "Prestige" templates
    to gain multi-class skills/cross-over skills
    Weapon Masters, Daul-wield fighters, dragon disciples, and few others.

examples.
    Weapon masters learn all weapons
    daul-wield can use platemail and 2 weapons of primary choice, one players can pick hammer/maces or swords, cant mix.
    dragon disciples can add extra AC value and gain breath weapon upon chosen dragon treeline. they can be red or gold versions.

prestige class templates can only cap at 10 levels of mastery. these are not from standard of "XP rewards", must be earned from "prestige" zones/rewards from tier 1 dungeon quests, preventing exploits for xp runs, and no bonus from designed 2x Xp weekends.
    these can only be earned from Prestige Trainers.
  • velladius#6885 velladius Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    druids are a great healer, love playing them. always hated clerics.
    with dot and cc i have much love for the druid.

monk is a maybe with me. they will have weapons, i'm sure. love to see it, not be it.

bards are the best choice because they can add fluff.
    discount prices (except zen and/or ad), bonus rare-find, and no need for any kit (besides nature & religion). best buffer in the game + really branded spells.
    1. Haste/Slow/Stop Time
    2. Confusion, etc.
    3. Heal Wounds (additionally, slight heal over time)
    4. Answer to the "you broke my class" complaint, as well as economy and foundry potentially.
    11.jpg
  • banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    if they add a bard i will do my best to kick them out of whatever party im in lol, i hate those good for nothing singing morons more than any class in any game

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    banaanc said:

if they add a bard i will do my best to kick them out of whatever party im in lol, i hate those good for nothing singing morons more than any class in any game

'Gotta break this horrible stereotype!

Not all bards sing, some don't even play music. D&D Bards are based off of actual historical real world bards, not what some other games have made them out to be. First and foremost, bards in D&D are artisans, lorekeepers and storytellers. Music and other arts are usually second nature to that.
    zebular said:

Yeah, every now and then we need to remind players what Bards actually are. I learned what a bard was in grade school before I even knew about D&D, over three decades ago. In short, they are artisans, lorekeepers and storytellers. Not all bards play musical instruments, though most do. Some just sing, or dance, or tell stories, or just write them. The D&D bard is the same as the historically portrayed bard, except that in D&D they can wield true magic.

Even in today's society, "Bard" has become an adjective to describe people who have a way with words, akin to a wordsmith.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Bard
    http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/bard
    http://www.britannica.com/art/bard
    http://www.ddo.com/en/game/classes/bard
    http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2402306

• cliffordtxcliffordtx Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I voted other for Illusionist (also Gnome for race and especially Deep Gnomes). Although Bard and Druid are also good choices. A shape changing Druid could be fun and I enjoy morphing into an animals with those unstable potions. I think replacing GWF with Barbarian should be looked at. Of course people heavily invested in GWF gear would be upset unless there was some mechanism to replace it with equal Barbarian gear.
  • ivcakamikazeivcakamikaze Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Voted for Barbarian class, and also wanna see Death Knight, and Necromancer.
    For Barbarian class would be interesting to develop feats three like Frenzy, War Cry, and Beast.
    Want to see encounters that would have made the strongest physical AOE damage in game, and something like Iron Body for damage reduction (35% ?).