test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scale AD Sinks?

bodini72bodini72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
There have been numerous posts and too many to count comments asking for Cryptic to Scale the AD sinks since the Leadership changes. I don't think it's too much for the community to demand a response (at the very least). No one believes the lame excuse given for the changes (we're trying to battle bots). You don't like the Leadership armies that were created? OK, but keep in mind, what exactly did you expect when you set the limit of toons per account to 50? There are 9 classes to choose from, what logic was used in assuming ANYONE would create 50 toons for a legitimate purpose?

I am putting this question directly to the dev's...

Do you plan on scaling the AD sinks in the game?
If so, when and by how much?
If not, why?

It is a simple question that has been ALL OVER the forum but has not been answered.

To be clear, the AD sinks I'm referring to are:

BOONS
THE STRONGHOLD
THE DIAMOND EXCHANGE
COMPANION UPGRADES
MOUNT UPGRADES
TRANSMUTES

There are more throughout the game that I'm sure I missed (by all means please list any that I didn't)

This is only 1 of many changes the game needs to be enjoyable again. Until I see changes that I believe are sincere I will NOT be spending ANY of my hard earned money to play this game. If you feel I'm being demanding then you would be right. When it comes to MY money I decide what is worth spending it on. The community as a whole has been telling you for months now that the state of this game is unacceptable and is not worthy of our money.

I would love to continue to support this game by spending money on it, but as one of your consumers I am letting you know in no uncertain terms that in it's current state you will not be seeing any of my money. Please listen to your players and make changes that will positively impact our enjoyment.

I am asking that the community stand with me on this post and demand at the very least open communication to the state of the game as a whole and direct and definitive answers to our questions.

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I would love a answer to this.. but frankly they will just take this down.

They (the management ) has the rights to supersede the ToS and post flame bait every week, but we do not.

But regardless , I will post my "stand" until they remove this.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    I agree. All progress on my alts boons have stopped. I will still play them for fun during Call to Arms and other events but as far as real progression in the game I can no longer afford to progress boons on more than just my main. My AD donations to strongholds has pretty much stopped, there is just nothing left at the end of the week.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    Way ahead of you bro
  • nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I wonder if some of the high AD costs aren't moving because some bean counter thinks it would affect Zen purchases. Let's list some of those high AD costs (aka "sinks"):

Companion upgrades:
    Zen store item for companion upgrade tokens exists. (Can't seem to find it right now, though -- maybe this is in progress)

Campaign boons:
    Zen store item for campaign completion exists

Stronghold AD sinks:
    Zen store item for Stronghold chest of power exists

Refinement points:
    Zen store item for Blood Rubies exists

NW has always felt like it's been about macro-transactions -- big payments for items. However, if the beancounters think that sinks create the demand for the Zen items, I think they've overshot. If the gain seems reasonable, people will grind or pay. If the grind gets unreasonable -- and I think it is -- people go on strike. I've mostly been just invoking to get meager rations; running regular-TOS another few dozen times is just not appealing.
  • l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User

I agree. All progress on my alts boons have stopped. I will still play them for fun during Call to Arms and other events but as far as real progression in the game I can no longer afford to progress boons on more than just my main. My AD donations to strongholds has pretty much stopped, there is just nothing left at the end of the week.

Out of curiosity... why did you stop the boons?
    It takes days or week for a single boon. And only 1 day to get 20k AD..

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    I don't think the AD exchange is in the dev's control. If you want to lower AD exchange rates, we need to increase value of AD compared to ZEN. For example, we can add more cool items to buy from the AD market that doesn't cost as much.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • bghostbghost Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    you forgot dungeon chest keys.

20k for a lostmauth key is ridiculous
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    nathanjm said:

I wonder if some of the high AD costs aren't moving because some bean counter thinks it would affect Zen purchases. Let's list some of those high AD costs (aka "sinks"):

Companion upgrades:
    Zen store item for companion upgrade tokens exists. (Can't seem to find it right now, though -- maybe this is in progress)

Campaign boons:
    Zen store item for campaign completion exists

Stronghold AD sinks:
    Zen store item for Stronghold chest of power exists

Refinement points:
    Zen store item for Blood Rubies exists

NW has always felt like it's been about macro-transactions -- big payments for items. However, if the beancounters think that sinks create the demand for the Zen items, I think they've overshot. If the gain seems reasonable, people will grind or pay. If the grind gets unreasonable -- and I think it is -- people go on strike. I've mostly been just invoking to get meager rations; running regular-TOS another few dozen times is just not appealing.

Upgrade tokens are in Lockboxes.

Boons require AD, though you can sell Zen for AD

Rubies are a terrible deal.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    aulduron said:

Be honest with yourself. How many upgrade tokens have you come across....?

• asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    There is nothing micro in the needed transaction for strongholds. To get a lvl 20 stronghold, boons etc included (just ADs) your guild can either grind forever or spent enough money to buy a guild house, a REAL LIVE GUILDHOUSE. Ok, maybe not in NY or anywere else fancy, but the money needed should be enough for a nice little place in the country.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

aulduron said:

0 ever. Are they even still in the game?
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    reds351 said:

ghoulz66 said:

aulduron said:

0 ever. Are they even still in the game?
    Nope, but Bigfoot does! I saw him in my backyard!
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    nathanjm said:

I wonder if some of the high AD costs aren't moving because some bean counter thinks it would affect Zen purchases.

Someone should tell the "bean counters" that people getting frustrated and leaving the game also has a pretty big effect on Zen purchases... :open_mouth:
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    oops