test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There are currently 3 types of RP available, Please simplify this to 2 types.

ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
Through changes to leadership and the drops given by mobs and quests there has been a significant increase in the availability of RP for legit players. There have been measures put in place as well to try and reduce botting of RP such as fixing nodes in particular instances that were easily bottable and making some RP bound. Now while I completely understand trying to limit botting so that massive amounts of RP aren't sold at very low prices in order to increase the amount of AD bot sites can sell online. The idea of making 2 types of bound RP is, imho, a very very bad concept.

What I'm referring to here specifically is Character bound RP vs. Account bound RP. Account bound RP serves two purposes: 1) reducing the amount of sellable/farmable RP
2) allowing players access to this RP on their entire account for upgrading anything from artifacts/artifact weapons to upgrading or simply using enchants.

Account bound RP is a great way to reduce the amount of RP on sale on the market. Character bound RP, however, is absolutely useless and becomes a great bag space waster. Let me give an example:
I have 2 toons, one is basically BIS the other is working on becoming so. Account bound RP allows me to transfer all those nice little minor resonance stones, peridots, and lesser resonance stones I've acquired via the aforementioned routes. Character bound RP means I have to use that RP ineffectively because my BIS toon doesn't need to upgrade his artifacts/artifact weapons and yet can't transfer that RP to my lesser geared toon to use them appropriately so I end up wasting bag space and then finally putting them into an enchantment where they are worth less points and don't really aid my cause very much.

Please Devs do completely away with character bound RP (I would actually hope to make literally everything account bound rather than character bound but... baby steps), because it is a complete waste of resources.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

Comments

• cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    Agreed it's really dumb.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    This is something I brought up awhile back, but of course they ignore actual proper feedback by players.. even though we have disagreed on some stuff in the past, here I will agree with you 100%, its just another annoying feature in thier long line of incorrectly thought out implemented projects.

Im sure it was for "anti-bot" purposes.

The next time I hear that officially from them, Im sure its to rip another area away from players (sorry but we cannot allow any more drops in all hes, dds and such, they are being botted )

Im pretty sure they already had that discussion, and so far cant figure away to implement it without just driving the rest of us away.

• ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    One other thing I think they might consider is decreasing the amount of RP needed to go from Legendary to mythic in artifacts and from epic to legendary in artifact weapons considering the decrease of AD available in the economy.

imgur pics don't work

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    also, dont forget those enchants and runes really dont need another "copies" to refine and upgrade to next ranks, and by the way, those refines takes 3 other copies to upgrade to next top ranks. disgusting.
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Character bound is for you to stop opening 50 different characters and farm refinement stones through them just invoking.I know too much bag space but please dont give them ideas like removing some of these because they will definitely remove the account bound stones knowing how Cryptic thinks
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    If you bought 50 slots and invoke 50 x2 times to get 1k rp you deserve to do whatever you want with it.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    +1

I agree. I think the devs could even go one step further: change all character-bound items to account-bound and set some level restrictions, so that no lvl 15 character would be running around in r12s and a mythic artifact.
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    I don't mind much about having character-bound and account-bound versions, the main issue is inventory/bank space. It might be better just to remove some stuff completely, e.g. get rid of all minor stones and increase drops of higher versions. As the game stands much of the original stuff is pretty useless.
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Look at the current sale and see why they won't do this.
  • phrendonphrendon Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    yes they want you to buy bigger bags. And then they make those bags character bound so that you cannot pass them around, you have to buy new ones for new characters.

This three types of RP wasn't just anti bot. It was to punish users of steam and get them to move to ARC.
    reds351 said:

Look at the current sale and see why they won't do this.

Well, if people are spending real money just to get a bag for character bound RP, that's their own fault lol. I mean if you were planning on investing money in the game because you wanted to get more space in general that's one thing but I would say the amount of character bound RP doesn't warrant a new bag entirely. However this is just my opinion. My bigger concern is that it is often wasted on characters who don't really need it while it could be used on toons you're really looking to gear up. It's simply a waste of resources and bad planning imho.

imgur pics don't work

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    Tolk, yeah, with those bind items like refine stones, i often forced to remove runes/enchants from my gears and companions and put in bank for my alts to use up unwanted refine stones and some other binded gems which my alts dont need, had to clear them out to upgrade the ones i have and needed.
    that is time consuming.
    it is better to have bound to account instead of characters, since many other players would overflood auction house if they are not account bound.
    some of items are getting cheaper than T-bar merchant's prices.
    wylonus said:

Tolk, yeah, with those bind items like refine stones, i often forced to remove runes/enchants from my gears and companions and put in bank for my alts to use up unwanted refine stones and some other binded gems which my alts dont need, had to clear them out to upgrade the ones i have and needed.
    that is time consuming.
    it is better to have bound to account instead of characters, since many other players would overflood auction house if they are not account bound.
    some of items are getting cheaper than T-bar merchant's prices.

Exactly the issue, you could use refinement points that are useful in artifacts on any toon you wanted if they were BOA not BOC... that's the biggest issue.. having to waste them for a fraction of their value in an enchantment.

Thanks for your reply.

imgur pics don't work

• lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    this really needs to happen. Someone posted a screenshot but basically with 3 types of EACH refinement stone it is taking up way to much inventory while also making it a huge inconvenience to find what you are looking for. Making the BoC move to BoA would help.

Remember when they sold us on this new refinement system, one of the goals was to reduce the amount of space that was being taken up. I think its fair to say this goal was NOT achieved...
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"