test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My experience from Beta till now.

ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
When I first started playing this game with a friend who suggested it to me I loved it from the beginning. My first character, a TR, experienced an immersive story line that evolved as my character leveled. Leveling was fun and I felt connected to the lore and story of Neverwinter.

Since I was fortunate to pick a TR PVP was a fun experience as well at the time with a very high dps character that needed very little gear to do massive damage. Once I reached level 60 then I could begin to run dungeons to get the best set of epic equipment. I was aiming for 2 different sets, one with the best stats for PVP and one for PVE with set bonuses that were appropriate for each. Rank 7's were more than enough to complete all of the content.

If you wanted to make AD you could get together with a good group and do Castle Never runs for gear, sell said gear and split the loot. AD was available, ridiculous amounts of RP were unnecessary and Dungeons had real rewards for completion. PVP was fun, and while there were several guilds you would come up against which was a guaranteed loss they usually spent more time trying to make Premade PVP matches against each other and Pugged a little less.

The major drawbacks for beta through the first few mods were 1) The expense of changing enchants which most simply overcame by destroying old enchants rather than removing them. 2) The number of exploits leading to massive changes in the economy. There were a few other issues in balancing but could've been relatively easily remedied.

Overall the mechanics, story line, ability to gain loot and ad kept the game exciting... so much so I began making other toons as well to advance and gear out.

Now, over the course of the next few mods began the dailies. The new areas offering boons were little more than go here, go there, kill these mobs quests that did very little to advance the story line besides your first run of them. The gain was insignificant in terms of gear and equipment, however the boons were very good and necessary so I found myself running multiple toons through multiple dailies in order to acquire them. I started to feel very much less enchanted with the PVE portion of the game and began to focus on PVP which was still exciting and challenging and, for the most part, relied on skill in the particular class you played. Premades were still frequent and AD was still acquirable so besides my waning interest in the lore and story of PVE I still enjoyed the game.

Fast forward to this mod and the last. All PVE has to offer is more and more dailies with the boons as your reward, including SH PVE which is simply a way of extending the use of dailies from different areas to fill the coffers. I don't even really know the story line at this point besides we moved on from Valindra to a big 5 headed dragon, and other dragons that like to attack SH's if you summon them for a challenge, endless dailies for whatever reason related to the story line but mainly to level up your SH so you can get things like overload slots for PUG slaying in PVP and redundancy in PVE (vs. orcs, trolls, dragons and such). PVE has totally lost any excitement for me at all. The fun challenging dungeons were ditched in favor of the same ones I've always ran with little to no reason to run them except a bit of ad and some gear I can place in our guild coffers.

PVP is more about who has the best gear/boons/overload enchants and has figured out the best way to bug their class + running troll comps with multiple unkillable paladins. Little skill is required just gear and fast rotations and a better comp. At least I can make some AD. Premades trying to challenge each other are non existent as every guild simply pugs with ridiculous comps and companions (companions in PVP, really guys?) and hopes they have a better comp when they run across another guild. This makes PVP terrible for everyone involved, PVP focused players and PVE focused players are discouraged and dissatisfied.

What I'm getting at here is... this game was awesome and had the opportunity to be, quite literally, the best MMO out there free or otherwise. The mechanics are second to none, the combat is awesome, the graphics are phenom, the creativity of the original story line was great. However, when the focus of the game got lost in botched additional dailies and fixes that were more work arounds than actually addressing the issues it started to lose its luster.

All this said, this is actually a plea to return to the games roots:
1) Immersive linear story line that puts your character at the heart of an unfolding event in Neverwinter and surrounding regions.
2) Loot that is exciting and spurs players to seek out the Dungeons and additional campaign areas.
3) PVP that is balanced, free of extraneous influences (i.e. companions, bugs, and lag related to feats/boons/powers).

and I would add something that I think Strumslinger is attempting but could still be improved on:
4) Transparency with the players.

If you made these 4 points priority (I'm sure there are other things that would help but for simplicity's sake this I think is succinct) you would find an increase, rather than a decrease, in the player base and an overall increase in satisfaction.

I think the devs that have taken over are trying to address issues more than in past mods and I appreciate it but I think these things should be addressed to increase the overall interest, satisfaction, and growth of player base in the game.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

Post edited by ltgamesttv#0999 on

Comments

• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    +1.

I think the reason a lot of Cryptic staff see the forum as a 'bitter' place is because of how true your statement is.

"What I'm getting at here is... this game was awesome and had the opportunity to be, quite literally, the best MMO out there free or otherwise. The mechanics are second to none, the combat is awesome, the graphics are phenom, the creativity of the original story line was great."

That's the sentiment of a lot of players.. and I'm sure some of the staff..

The missteps that make us all cringe and come to the forums to say "Why didn't you just do it like this?! It would have made more sense!! Do you even play this game?!" etc etc.

We enjoy the game, we'd enjoy it a lot more if some common sense were applied to it!

The evidence is already here on the forums.. The suggestions are here to make the game better. Cryptic is glacially slow at rolling them out. (Currently its the AD drought and the prices of all the AD sinks)

Even when the devs post they're met with vitriol, but more devs posting is required! They need to be part of the solution. Us posting here is proof positive that WE want to be part of the solution. =X
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    The main thing is that people running the game should do one thing, one thing! that they really can not do...

Answer?

STOP for a moment and take a hard look at what they're are working on.

This forum, even when flooded with negativity (not blaming people at all) gave some incredible ideas that could be implemented. Some of the guys posting stuff could be assets in the hands of potent company developing the game - for real.

But Cryptic cannot stop. They have their deadlines, they have their meetings, it's their JOB to do the JOB but sadly, the job is being really badly done.

Game is great (or was great I should say) the more things dev's add on the top of old BAD BAD BAD stuff is getting worse and worse. We're after the armageddon of mod 6, not even at the peak of mod 7 and we're touching mod 8?

Who's expecting to have a good game when you're not curing the cancer with proper care but instead chopping off the limbs?

Those who are playing since the start know, what this game was back in the days. This will NEVER return.

For me, game was dead ever since we've killed Valindra in mod2. The hole story crashed, the end of BOE gear was a disaster which pulled the game few steps below the surface. Endless grind to get the boons, now we're feeding the mimic like a bunch of idiots drooling at the SH boons...Please excuse me as I must say it, with AD that we do not have? yes?

I was glad I returned just the day before mod 6. had a year break, was really happy installing the game, was so pumped wanting to take my beloved GF for a spin...my God I was shocked when I saw the mess. After retaliating and taking a second breath it was kinda cool for a while. Now? I will stay till my buddies are here. If they go, I will not look back.

I work in logistics dept. supplying one of the biggest players in computer/electronics market. If I would work as you guys do, doing these kind of mistakes (wall of text already, so I won't go into details - you all know them) I would be fired within weeks.

You're not only don't give a damn about your customers, you're actively kicking their buts smiling at their wallet at the same time. Customer service, sound familiar? thought so.

Hear me dev's I'm not the only one saying this...mod 8 is your last chance for a LOT of you're old time players. And trust me many of them are saying wherever they can, to not touch this game with a 10 feet pole. And from business/marketing point of view, this should be your biggest concern.

/rant
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Even when the devs post they're met with vitriol, but more devs posting is required! They need to be part of the solution. Us posting here is proof positive that WE want to be part of the solution. =X

the devs dont post, we have 2 spokesmen that announce something and then retreat back to the safety of their cubicles only popping up when the next announcement needs to be made.

the only conclusion i can come to is cryptic wants this game to fail.

• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    This is the devtracker I use. It shows you when they post.
    https://twitter.com/NWO_UN
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    |..|, Rock on with this post ,|..|

As someone who starting his NW career in alpha (pre-beta), I couldn't agree more.

This is the devtracker I use. It shows you when they post.
    https://twitter.com/NWO_UN

now remove strum from that list and you'll see what im talking about.

It's the same with the devtracker on the actual NWO:UN site. Need to filter out both Andy and Alex, since both of them typically post announcements and things like "I'll let the devs know" - Useful and important here in context, but completely irrelevant in regards to a devtracker.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

And from business/marketing point of view, this should be your biggest concern.

/rant

This is exactly what I mean, the issues we discuss here directly affect bottom line. I mean, after spending hours playing and talking about this game with other players I think many of us could directly increase the profits made off of this game with a few simple changes/additions. I'm sure I'm not the only one wishing I had a direct line to the devs ears so I could share with them the insight of the playerbase. I think, if listened to, the players themselves would be glad to save the devs some guesswork and feedback nightmares.

Thanks for your reply.

imgur pics don't work

• fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    Great reflection of what has come to pass.

I am not trying to be a negative nellie here but more a realist. I have seen this all happen before with Champions Online, every word people say about this game people said on the forums of CO as well. "such great potential" , "could have been the best ever", "awesome combat". It just seemed to fall on deaf ears that the game was crumbling around the devs. That bugs needed fixing, that content was needed, PvP was literally killed overnight. It feels the exact same way with this game. I wish it would change, but after years of following this company I feel I know what to expect :'(
  • lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    haaaaaa. nostalgia the times we had....

now lets get serious you all became very greedy and got to accustomed for the luxury of been able to "get rich" fast with ad by having armies the make AD (and that was cryptic fault!!!!). now that they want to fix it so even new player will be able to have some chance on closing the gap between old and new players you start to complain?
    you all keep forgetting mmos are grind fest! look what happened to prices since AD changes they dropped so much that even a new player that does what mmos actually are: grind the game for a whole month after reaching lvl 70 can afford getting all r8 and have at least some chance to enter the "big league"
    for example: r10 used to cost 2-3 million AD now? some of them are been sold less them 600k!!!!
    zax exchange you no longer need to wait a whole freaking week and its 100 points below max!!!! etc etc etc...

i also was against the changes and raged like a mad bull but after seen the effect on nw economy im happy they did what they did and hope ( call me naive but i still have faith for good changes) for more positive changes by nw developers.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Wait.. how is someone supposed to catch up.. lol
    There is no way a new player can catch anything.. unless there is a server wipe .

They are even in worst shape then veteran players, who already got a few perfect + enchants.

They cant make nearly enough AD to get or make anything.

• xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    +2

Thank you for this. My wife and I both agree with everything you said.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User

There is no way a new player can catch anything.. unless there is a server wipe .

They are even in worst shape then veteran players, who already got a few perfect + enchants.

hmmm i wonder.....

24k rad a day x 7 is = 168k. r8 cost less then that around 100-120k so new player will be able to get 4-5 r8 in a month.

not including other stuff he can sell on AH that might get him even one more r8 or be able to upgrade one artifact to epic.

new player already having perfect enchantment? you tripping dude. no player should have perfect enchantments after 1 month 3 months or even 6 months. that's end game stuff.

unless off course you have the mmo holy bible -good credit card!

oh.. and if wants to join a guild, you would need to remove around 200k a month to the coffer.

Now what does he have?

• meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    +1

My experiences are very similar and I agree with everything the OP said.
  • l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    I agree on the story line (point 1)
    It looks disconnected to me too.

Actually, it looks more like a 80-70 TV show, where sometimes an episode contained random things with nothing to do with the main story line.

But I do not agree on the rest.
    This game is free to play. That means that the company needs to get the money from Zen and VIP in order to pay for the servers, the lines and the staff. Their MAIN concern is making money. Feel free to think they are getting rich (I don;t think so) or simply they manage to get enough profit to cover what I wrote above.

Now, about point 2: the RP is a way to make money for the company. What you are asking is to get items cutting that source of money.
    I agree that there is NO MARKET for crafted items at the moment. But saying " give me exciting loot" is not the constructive way to go. Here you need to understand the company needs and take them into consideration when you propose an idea.

I skip point 3 for I am not a pvp player and I don;t talk about things I don;t know.

About point 4: I am actually happy if they don't say anything. I like the idea of having a side (developers) which creates the game. And a side (the players) which play it. The transparency you ask sounds more like "listen to our ideas" than "tell us what's going on"
    I thing they are making a good job at keeping us updated with they thing they do. They don;t say much about bugs solving... but that is no wonder.. what do you expect, an ETA on something that, by definition, is hidden and hard to find?

About the paragraph about NWO being the potentially best MMO etc... I liked your post until this. Do you really believe this? Have you played ALL the other MMO out there? NWO is the MMO I (intended as me, writing this post) like. But saying "it had the potential to be the best MMO" clearly shows that you have an idea of best MMO (your personal idea) and, by definition, this is the perfect idea.
    I hope you don;t mind if the rest of the world think differently.

Finally, I expect a lot of people to declare they know how to make this game awesome etc..
    I suggest you send your CV to cryptic then. Takes the same time as writing your reply >:)

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

24k rad a day x 7 is = 168k. r8 cost less then that around 100-120k so new player will be able to get 4-5 r8 in a month.

not including other stuff he can sell on AH that might get him even one more r8 or be able to upgrade one artifact to epic.

I wonder if this new player is going to pay for boons, mounts, companions, Stronghold, etc., etc.? Since he spent an entire month of earnings on getting r8's, it's lucky that he didn't need to buy food or pay for electric. Besides, it's rare I see 24K RAD in a single day with the current dungeons/pvp/skirmish outlay, esp. when they ditched half the income from PVP.

yap and the TOTAL WIPE is actually the only thing that could help this game to survive for me..

why not re-start from zero with mod8?
    Sure - if they looked back though everyone's transaction histories and refunded every penny we spent on Zen and/or cash-only Packs (Founder's pack, Guardian, etc), I guess I'd be fine with that. Fat chance of that happening.
    A full wipe might have worked at one point.. but frankly now, it would be my last straw. I would walk away, just because its no longer worth the effort to rebuild any of it.

They should've done it after a exploit round (rift) I even suggested it. But that was a pretty long time ago.

Lets be frank, the people who are going to cheat, will just cheat again.

They will have everything they want and the games NUKE it all policy will again just effect the legit players the most, the ones who struggle all the time and get penalized the harshest by these decisions.
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I might not know @Silverkelt personally, but I have read the posts they have made and they've always been thoughtful and supportive of the dev team and given them the benefit of of the doubt. To see such a strong supporter of them fall into such despair should alarm them. Without people like this the community will fail, if the community fails the entire project fails.
    I would rather come on hear and discuss how to get through dds and run dds and builds and talk with long timers about how to improve play together.. but frankly, those longtimers are NO longer in game.. they are gone, chemboy, kaelec, jazzfong and the like, people I met in game along time ago, run pvp together , did tons of DDs runs.

I think of Farla in the legit channel, who had one of like ever toon and ran it all..

There is so few of us left from those days. I wouldnt even be playing this game if it wasnt for Kaelec and the DC guide and when I met him in legit for the first time, I pounded for more information.. Then I went through it all over again with chem, teaching and showing and running. I never spent so much time parsing #s and doing math.. I felt like was back in high school (I skipped all math I could in college =P)

I remember when chem befriended me, it was actually on my GWF, was blown away that I ran karrundux 100X for aow bracers and never got them.. he did like 8 back to back runs with me, I will never forget that, never.

These things made the game what it was, its not just content its the people. Ive moved into a very nice guild (the holy crusaders) with some amazing poeple, but it gets back to people.

When people cant FEEL at all like they are playing a game , you start loosing relationships and bam, wam, eventually go ask yourself, why do it with this company anymore.. might as well start over in a new game and find more good poeple with a game that will give a fair shake.

When companies only see dollars (and look , I know they are important, I truly do) and until recently supported most of thier decisions as being reasonable.. but this latest one wasnt and will NOT be until costing and/or ad generation is fixed. (the ones I didnt like was the initial cward binding, that one blew, the rng on bracers (buy our pack get it then gargle, throw p2w at you back! and of course the RIFT exploit, I literally , LITERALLY could inspect certain guilds toons the next week and bam.. full BiS equipment.. yeah right, full legit my pipe, first step in the pvp gap right there)

I "hear" from @strumslinger that they are working on it, but each week, Ive seen people leave. Eventually it wears on you, I started out with reason, logic , now Im down to screaming, as the first two didnt work at all.

ALL I want is some simple communication.. give us a schedule, every week one item reviewed and fixed.

Im not even asking for it all at once, thats more then enough for me.

edited October 2015
    l3thin4th said:

I agree on the story line (point 1)
    It looks disconnected to me too.

Actually, it looks more like a 80-70 TV show, where sometimes an episode contained random things with nothing to do with the main story line.

But I do not agree on the rest.
    This game is free to play. That means that the company needs to get the money from Zen and VIP in order to pay for the servers, the lines and the staff. Their MAIN concern is making money. Feel free to think they are getting rich (I don;t think so) or simply they manage to get enough profit to cover what I wrote above.

Now, about point 2: the RP is a way to make money for the company. What you are asking is to get items cutting that source of money.
    I agree that there is NO MARKET for crafted items at the moment. But saying " give me exciting loot" is not the constructive way to go. Here you need to understand the company needs and take them into consideration when you propose an idea.

I skip point 3 for I am not a pvp player and I don;t talk about things I don;t know.

About point 4: I am actually happy if they don't say anything. I like the idea of having a side (developers) which creates the game. And a side (the players) which play it. The transparency you ask sounds more like "listen to our ideas" than "tell us what's going on"
    I thing they are making a good job at keeping us updated with they thing they do. They don;t say much about bugs solving... but that is no wonder.. what do you expect, an ETA on something that, by definition, is hidden and hard to find?

About the paragraph about NWO being the potentially best MMO etc... I liked your post until this. Do you really believe this? Have you played ALL the other MMO out there? NWO is the MMO I (intended as me, writing this post) like. But saying "it had the potential to be the best MMO" clearly shows that you have an idea of best MMO (your personal idea) and, by definition, this is the perfect idea.
    I hope you don;t mind if the rest of the world think differently.

Finally, I expect a lot of people to declare they know how to make this game awesome etc..
    I suggest you send your CV to cryptic then. Takes the same time as writing your reply >:)

Your reply is interesting, in that it makes many assumptions and jumps to many conclusions. I will forego the first point because you gave me that one. The second point was that I asked for exciting loot. That had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with RP. I never mentioned it at all, you've completely jumped to some preconceived notion that I must be talking about giving us boatloads of RP or that we should be handed Legendary or Mythic artifacts. You simply read into this your own misconception.

You decided to forego my third point so I'll not mention it either, then you jump on the whole transparency issue. I challenge you to find anyone, anywhere who doesn't like transparency in anything from gaming to work policies to politics. People simply like being talked to and told about plans and upcoming changes that may affect them. To argue this point, to me, is quite comical but... opinions are like... well you know the rest.

Lastly you take great pains to show your displeasure that NWO could "Potentially" be the best MMO. Firstly this is obviously what is called an opinion, just like your opinion that you like wearing blinders supplied by other people. Secondarily I have played quite a lot of MMO's but I have not played them all so it would be correct to say that this game originally fit my idea of the "Potentially Best MMO" which is a way of restating what I already said. So your redundancy is duly noted and correct.

Lastly I don't think cryptic could pay me enough because I realize they are likely operating on a very low budget and I would never submit my CV to them as I don't code or know how to. I would, however, freely offer my services in giving free feedback on the game they created that I have enjoyed and try to help them make it even better... oh wait... that's what I'm doing here isn't it?

Thanks for your, obviously well thought out, reply :)

imgur pics don't work

• yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User

l3thin4th said:

wall of text...
    Lastly I don't think cryptic could pay me enough because I realize they are likely operating on a very low budget and I would never submit my CV to them as I don't code or know how to.
    some more text...

but you can definitely submit your CV for that reason since they don't know how to code either. would be perfect fit.
    *drops microphone*
  • blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    +1 to this
    yokki1 said:

l3thin4th said:

wall of text...
    Lastly I don't think cryptic could pay me enough because I realize they are likely operating on a very low budget and I would never submit my CV to them as I don't code or know how to.
    some more text...

but you can definitely submit your CV for that reason since they don't know how to code either. would be perfect fit.
    *drops microphone*
    *Pics up mic and tries to get back to helping devs with feedback XD

imgur pics don't work

• sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User

hmmm i wonder.....

new player already having perfect enchantment? you tripping dude. no player should have perfect enchantments after 1 month 3 months or even 6 months. that's end game stuff.

Well, then they "didn't" catch up.

Just how long will it take this new player to get R12, legendary artifact equipment and mythic artifacts. Once there, then they "caught" up.
    sm0ld3r said:

hmmm i wonder.....

Well, then they "didn't" catch up.

Just how long will it take this new player to get R12, legendary artifact equipment and mythic artifacts. Once there, then they "caught" up.
    new players will rarely if ever catch people that have been playing for a long time. this is nothing new to the mmo world.
  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    In more words, I think this is what everyone who wantes neverwinter to survive has asked for since mod 6 was introduced in particular :/ sadly, it doesen't look like anyones listeneing.

I totally agree with your summary of requests, and I hope that someday they'll be listened to.

Right now, the grind has become boring, even after making more characters and trying to liven up my experience with old content and levelling progression. But as soon as they hit 70 its like i'm back to square one :/
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• jokerswissjokerswiss Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    Agree with most what you have wrote @tolkienbuff, but also one few things from my side (I also play since beta):
    - playing on different characters - it was great for me that I could switch from one char to another one (class) and have fun doing dungeons, now during so many boons to achieve, artifact gear which is very expensive, etc - I just see that from mod to mod the Devs is killing our alts (or rather - force us to pay extra)
    - in beta we got 11 dungeons, 5xt1, 5xt2 which were so hard but you was really happy when complete them (spellplague :-), CN was another level and it takes much more time, gear (like rank 7 which was really high in the past) and skills and so on (rest you already described). Besides MC and VT which they add 2 years ago, there are no more new dungeons (i don't consider LOL and KR as dungeons, for me they are rather skirmish). In mod6 they removed half of these dungeons, they didn't give us new ones, I was always PVE char and had to start PVP in mod2/mod3 and move to only PVP in mod6 (still, i am not so active player).
    - p2w - you described something already but also new approach of Devs like adding mounts with powers, another artifact gear etc. make more gap between regular players vs p2w or players which could earn some ADs in the past and keep them till today.
    - number of currencies - i am simple lost, we have basically main AD and gold (which has no value except that you can use them to unbind enchants from gear - at least one good idea to using it), but campagin currencies, pvp currencies etc - there are too many of them and they will implement another ones in next mod, i am starting simple to confuse about those.
    - stronghold - this game since beta till mod7 allow to play solo, and it was one of biggest adventages for me and many other players.i am and was also lone wolf, had really good guild in the past (rip "Dreadnough"), but it was rather group of players which hand out on dungeons and so on. with stronghold mod7 everything changed, we were "forced" to play in guild to get these OP boons - nothing for solo players. The guild with better GH and other makes another gap for casual players. (OP drains... not even comment users of them).
    - no listening of players feedback since beta - i feel like every time we (community/players) see something which is not good and we report this - it's not taking into consideration at all. I have feeling (cannot proof that) that before voice of community was much stronger then novadays.
    - you mention this already as well but its really important - storyline. was great to play this game first time and discover many interesting things, but i think that Devs simple get lost - they add icewind and forgot about it (no new maps there, no new storyline). we received with mod2 dread ring story with thays map - no new story lines there. every mode we jumping to next one while old one seems to be forgotten, also the story which ends in whispern caverns - you hit lvl60, kill last boos and boom - nothing. you finish story (at least they should close it somehow as a chapter chapter).