test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Additional Astral Diamond Sources

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Its meaningless amount of ad.. it wont cover a tenth of a cost of anything.

Find great, put it in, this isnt our biggest issues. It barely touches them.
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    ^^ maybe for speedy gonzales, but this talking about Casual players dude. Casual players in crappy gear need to find groups and it will take them way longer than those times you posted. I know first hand, I have eight level 70's one of each class and they all completed those missions hundreds of times each in order to finish the zones.
    They should just remove boon pricing , this would be the most benefit to new players.

But of course we said that a million times since AD leadership removal and its still implemented.

I didnt say it was bad, Its just a pittance of whats needed, either add AD on everything or removing costing asap. This is the only fix that is acceptable. These little throwaways mean nothing when you need to spend hundreds of thousands of AD on items to progress.

• kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    my previous post was responding to dufisto
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    niadan said:

Yes we need more RAD sources, Yes we need lower prices. I actually believe they are working on that. I am in a very active guild. I love this game and love the progression in SH. I buy ZEN. I support this game and our Guild SH with in game and real money. I look at this weekly free RAD as a very clear way for active guilds to earn the RAD needed for their SH. 15K RAD per week times 150 active accounts takes a dent out of what is needed for SH without having to reach for your wallet. Hopefully more free RAD will come our way in the future, but just like everything in life, most things are not free. My "2 RAD" worth.

oh come on, its not going to help. selling the coffers from the weekly wod quest already nets you more than 3k.
    those 5 quests are not even solo-able most of those in need of offensive 15k
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    kurtb88 said:

^^ maybe for speedy gonzales, but this talking about Casual players dude. Casual players in crappy gear need to find groups and it will take them way longer than those times you posted. I know first hand, I have eight level 70's one of each class and they all completed those missions hundreds of times each in order to finish the zones.

i have a couple of moderately geared toons and several crappy geared toons.
    biggrins is constantly being offered for groups, easy enough to find a group while doing the other dailies
    ar is constantly being offered for groups and can be soloed easily by every char i have. even in 115 blues with rank 5s
    portal is really really easy.
    reclaiming you can finish simply by doing the daily quests. and even if you cant finish it on day 1. its a weekly so doing the dailies will finish it for you.
    and all dr lairs are constantly being offered for groups ( with pf probly being the most frequent) because its one of the few places loot is actually usefull. ( why is this the only place i have a chance at an smop drop).
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    2 million RAD per week can help for an active guild doing things we should be doing to level our SH anyways. Again, I am in agreement that we need MORE. but really am entertained by all the gloom and doom crowd.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    dufisto said:

kurtb88 said:

It takes a long time to complete all five of those missions. 15K AD is not commensurate with the effort and time. And it will barely cover the AD needed to play the game and pay for things that cost AD.

Arcane Reservoir (Sharandar) 5 minutes right at the entrance to shar
    The Red Wizards (Dread Ring) 10 minutes + another 3-4 to run there.
    Biggrin’s Tomb (Icewind Dale) 10 minutes + another 3-4 to run there
    Reclaiming the Horde (Tyranny of Dragons) cant remember i dont bother to do tod stuff anymore.
    Protecting the Portal (Harper Boward, Tyranny of Dragons) 5 minutes

all of these are faster than a t1/2 dungeon run and reward the same ad and can be done solo

im not against this pittance. were there pricing changes in place the players would be far less negative about this. but when i need 300k to upgrade a pet from white to green. 15k a week is insulting.

the only campaign stuff i do semi regularly is shar and dr mini-lairs for the shards and rp

Reclaiming the horde requires two dragon runs and then you have to spend ~5 minutes killing trash mobs. So that's at least an hour right there.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    This is a good start. They will make small changes to see how if affects the game and their bottom line. If you have several alts, then this will add up. Yes, this will benefit those who have the most time to play, fitting in with the idea of getting AD for playing.

I am ok with it.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    1, 2, 4 and 5 is easily possible in solo with a modestly geared character. 1, 2 and 5 take less than 5 minutes, for 3k ad each. It's a good start. Not Sufficient, but a start. More ways for RAD Gain and AD costs reworks come with mod 8, so, don't be so negative. The worst has already happened, better time is coming, with the winter.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Lvl 70's under 2k TIL will struggle to solo Arcane Reservoir, Protecting the Portal and Reclaiming the Horde. I haven't even tried Biggrin's Tomb since Mod 6 launched so I cannot comment on that, although I have a feeling that is the hardest of them all to solo. The Red Wizards is moot.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    This is a joke. Try collecting any X amount of AD from your guildies to fund a boon while hearing they're broke and can't even afford a stack of injury kits. People sell their enchantments so they can donate to the coffer like everyone else, what have you done? Those who weren't fortunate enough to have a large pool of AD prior to the AD change are now totally and utterly screwed. LOWER THE AD COSTS FOR THE BOONS AND THE STRONGHOLD AS A WHOLE BY AT LEAST 40%. This is pretty much the only solution to handle the AD sink, most definitely not by giving us 15k a week from quests. Ridiculous.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    The problem here is the word *rough*. If this were refined AD, it'd be fine. But rough AD is pretty much meaningless because anyone who can do any of those quests is already 70, and they can simply do Kessel Runs or something to get all the rough AD they need without a lot of trouble. I don't really need more *rough* AD, I need more *refined* AD.
  • dinalagossiondinalagossion Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This is really a slap in the face. I finished all my boons and have no interest in doing those quest again. I have done them hundreds and hundreds of times, isn't that enough ? Maybe I should go back with my level 70 and do all the quest over from level 1, how about that ? Maybe instead of any more stupid ideas, you should evaluate the prices for both gold and AD items in the game. 90% are over priced with the reductions you made to earning gold and AD. The entire economy needs a refresh, and instead of helping the players, you punish us. Thanks!

If you want to impress me, stop f******* up the game and fix the stuff that is broken. Do a little more testing before breaking something new in a "FIX". Invoking twice to pray once ?? What is that about and why is it taking so long to fix it ?

Hire some testers, Fire some design managers and get some new blood, preferably from your player base.
    Make decisions in favor of the players, not to make things easier, or impossible, but to make them fun.

I love the game but to be honest i'm getting tired of this BS.
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Why did they remove the bonus hours on dungeons and skirmishes? It was one of the best ways to get AD by actually playing, and it wasn't a source for bots.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    subnocte said:

Why did they remove the bonus hours on dungeons and skirmishes? It was one of the best ways to get AD by actually playing, and it wasn't a source for bots.

Because it meant you had to play the game at specific times, instead of playing when you wanted to or could, and if you were logged in at the wrong time to do what you want then haha to you.
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

subnocte said:

Because it meant you had to play the game at specific times, instead of playing when you wanted to or could, and if you were logged in at the wrong time to do what you want then haha to you.
    It was a bonus though, taking it away isn't making it better for anyone, just removing a good source of AD. It was a great way to make a lot during CTA events too.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Im sorry but Im not going backwards to farm OLD content that I played the last 1-2 years to get a tiny portion of AD that wont even cover one dye bottle.

Give us dungeons to farm with loot that can be sold in AH. Thats THE ONLY way that I would concider good.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• billythkidbillythkid Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have 11 70's on 3 different accounts all with maxed out leadership and lvl 3 VIP. Average AD earnings from lockboxes each day is about 60k. Sales on AH from items produced is around 50k/day. I survive... 15K AD/week/char doing weeklys isnt an option, its an insult for those not as hardcore as myself. (so my humble advice to u all is : save up AD/ZEN and get a VIP ticket...it pays off ;-))
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    idea for those selected zones/quest are only in concept, but it is good "restart" for ADs.
    reason why it look good on paper, it is meant to design to fight the "bots" or exploits.

anyway, Leadership still need a complete overhaul, right now it is "most hated" profession and some tasks doesnt make sense and scale of level of rewards are too outdated and far outgrowned what we need the most.
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    rinat114 said:

This is a joke. Try collecting any X amount of AD from your guildies to fund a boon while hearing they're broke and can't even afford a stack of injury kits.

im confused by this. gold is useless except for buying injury kits, so why spend ad on them.
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    Heh, didn't even consider those who finished boons ages ago - but it would seem Scott didn't either.
  • therealairheadtherealairhead Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    too little too late
  • uncagedwaruncagedwar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The real problem is that you cant tell these guys anything they think they know whats best and refuse to consider anything the players offer up in terms of solutions which is too bad. They really bought into their own <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Try talking to some of the guild leaders and solo players for a players's perspective

I used to be a big fan and showed it by spending a good money on the game i wont be doing that anymore. can i get a refund for vip time not used?

Over on the xbox side I can tell you its getting harder every day to get 5 people together to do a dungeon my guild went from 50 active paying customers to about 5 and the 5 are never on at the same time and I see the same thing happening to other guilds. While there are fewer people around the lag is worse than ever. How the hell did they manage to do that? Nothing like forcing out the players that thaven't already quit

Keep up the great work guys. Soon this game will be nothing more than a memory of what could have been if only the devs had been open to listening to their customers. The way you guys work its as if you all want to lose your paychecks and with all of the BS going on lately you all deserve to be in the unemployment line
    As you all can tell im a little pissed at the changes and horrible preformance of the game lately and I could go on and on but I know they dont take us seriously any way so why bother
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    5 quest finish him 3k ad really ¿
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    So is the general consensus that if NW was a restaurant they're currently serving us yesterdays leftovers with an an additional lettuce leaf covering the dried out horrible bits and telling us it's fresh?
This discussion has been closed.