test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Additional Astral Diamond Sources

Comments

• stylepilestylepile Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    Thank you for these additions. While small, positive additions are always welcome.

The problem is these sort of changes should be getting fired out every week or two. Making players wait a month for such small changes leads to a stale gaming environment. A stale environment breeds boredom. Boredom and lack of communication/insight lead to speculation and negativity.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Another great step, indeed! Hoping to hear of AD in individual dailies as well as leveling quests too. As well as many more pricing reductions. Another great step would be to heed these threads well: Building on a Foundation of Fairness and Revamped Item Empowerment via Experience System (now with more Wishes!)

Also, here are some restatements of my feedback and desires for a continued revamping of all things Astral Diamond, with pertinent highlights in green:
    zebular said:

goatshark said:

With the recent changes to the AD economy, we are going to be reducing the cost on a few items in the Wondrous Bazaar, and adding a new item.

• Marks of Potency will be reduced from 25k AD to 6k AD
    • Greater Marks of Potency will be reduced from 100k AD to 25k AD
    • *NEW* Superior Marks of Potency will be priced at 100k AD
    In addition, we are changing some of the upgrade requirements on higher end Enchantments and Runestones. Weapon and Armor Enhancement gems will not be changed at this time.
    • Going from Rank 10->11 will now cost 2 Superior Marks of Potency, instead of 5 Greater Marks of Potency
    • Going from Rank 11->12 will now cost 4 Superior Marks of Potency, instead of 5 Greater Marks of Potency
    We are reviewing all of the locations Greater Marks of Potency drop/reward in the game, and are swapping those for Superior Marks where appropriate.

These changes will be going live very soon. Once they’re live and we can monitor performance for a bit, we will re-evaluate and see if further changes are necessary. As an FYI, we are continuing to monitor ALL Astral Diamond costs/performance/etc. as we work to balance this economy. Thank you for your patience.

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer
    goatshark said:

As a reminder, we are currently investigating AD sources for players who don't want to run queued content.

Many thanks, @goatshark! This is a very awesome step in the right direction. Nay, a leap, indeed! I am very pleased at hearing of these reductions. Alas, these noted reductions mean little to me over-all for I am an alt-o'holic, companion and mount collector, and self-appointed style connoisseur that enjoys customization over power. Also, most of my play time is spent either Solo Adventuring or creating in the Foundry (when it is working). I do enjoy Skirmishes most of the time though, especially CTAs.

So, for me, the reductions I am waiting for have yet to come; Which are massive Pricing reductions to Transmutation (AD), Companion Upgrades (AD), Mount Upgrades (AD), Costumes (Zen/AD), and Dyes (Zen).

I also am hoping to see more solo and alt-friendly ways to earn Astral Diamonds, such as Foundry Rewards (both player and designer), story-line mission rewards, and possibly even as character/account achievements. Foundry Authors and Players need to be earning AD too for their efforts and adventures.

This might also be a good time to make Astral Diamonds account-wide, like Zen, as well as it is high time that Tarmalune Trade Bars become account-bound just like they have been for years on STO (Lobi).
    Never-the-less, as I said, this is an awesome leap in the right direction, I am still waiting for the landing however. Keep up the good work!

Source
    zebular said:

vordayn said:

Due to this, I recommend the following:

1) Either drastically lower the cost of GMoP's.
    2) Drastically lower the amount of GMoP's required.
    3) Drastically increase the amount of AD a player can acquire from these tasks and raise the refinement cap to 100k AD per day. This is the option I like the least as it inflates the prices of everything else.
    4) Add GMoP's to the loot table of dungeons

Any of these fixes would resolve the problem, but atm, I foresee in mod 9 a situation where you have the sum total of 10 players with perfect gear, because nobody else, even the mega rich now, will have any AD left.

Even if they do lower the price of GMOPs, you still have the wards to consider in upgrading equipment or enchantments.

Coalescent wards at their current price will still set the price point for high level enchants.
    Wards are a non-factor in this for me. I still gain all the Coalescent Wards and Preservation Wards I need from Coffers and now as well from my VIP lockedbox keys, as I am gaining Tarmalune Bars from those boxes, which I can spend on Coalescents.

Regardless of my personal experience with Wards though, I do feel that all the AD sinks in the game should be evaluated for these AD Changes. Meticulously evaluated and adjusted accordingly.
    Source
  • brisedabriseda Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    This is a great example of too little, to late and not at all appropriate to the level of concern the community is communicating. This game is getting more and more unfixable as the time goes on.

Thanks again.
    Post edited by briseda on
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    metalldjt said:

with this change you should've lowerd the amount of AD it requires for the boons.

Boons arent big problem. SH AD sink is...
    200_s.gif
  • lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    how about this make the AD earned from those weekly quest not as RAD but as actual AD without the need to refine them its a weekly quests after all.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    so we wait month for this. have you ever heard about elephant among porcellain? thats you scott and your studio. How many players who never post on forum must came here and start raging, before you finally realize what you are doing and what you should be doing? Do you even know which game you actually managed? have you ever do a single quest? spend one hour in the game?

on the other hand you are not the only one. elder scrolls pvp forum is very similar. After months of suggestions they bring awaited changes, but brings them in the way that makes everything worse. And this pattern go on, go on, go on. Every update, the game is worse, just like neverwinter. 2015- forum year for me
  • autylautyl Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    goatshark said:

Hey everyone, Scott here today with a quick note about Astral Diamond sources. As you know, we recently made a change to increase the AD players earn via queued content. We know that players can’t always participate in that content, so we are looking at more ways to get AD into your hands. These first changes will be coming very soon.

Each of the following weekly quests will reward 3000 Rough AD upon completion:
    * Arcane Reservoir (Sharandar)
    * The Red Wizards (Dread Ring)
    * Biggrin’s Tomb (Icewind Dale)
    * Reclaiming the Horde (Tyranny of Dragons)
    * Protecting the Portal (Harper Boward, Tyranny of Dragons)

It’s important to note that this is not meant to be your sole source of AD, but rather a way to begin supplementing earn rates.

We are weighing additional options for Astral Diamond sources, and will continue to watch what players are earning.

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer

Hello Master of Coin,

Also, since the auction house is in the doldrums, earning 15k is a joke. With the construction of stronghold you have a lot of astral diamonds required and the result, for example, the SH boons is laughable when you see how many AD you need to get a building at level three, my pants are coming down from there.

Not only with the developement of SH but also with the drops as peridot example, you have them account bound, character bound and no bounds as all. This alone has three slots required in your backpack. But how can I buy a bigger backpack if I can not make AD.

The farming in dungeons you have liquidated everything is now char bound and yes you can salvage but that's only 24K per day. You even closed Dungeons!!!

The jobs if you're lucky you'll earn 300 ad with a shirt spending two hours !!!! at it

I know that your goal is that as many zen is bought. Since that Zen is so important, it is more convenient that you make from neverwinter a pay to play game instead of a fake free to play.

And with your greed, it seems that this game you slowly let it die, people stop because there is no reward, no fun, no satisfaction but only frustration. No idea what economist you have hired for this world but if I may give you an advice let him make a char play this game for a month and see where it ends without him buying the zen with dollars.

Sincerely, Stray Cat (^-^)
  • davejustdavedavejustdave Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I almost can't type for laughing.

15K. Per week.. Brilliant.
  • glykenglyken Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I would suggest adding Harper Boward's "Defeating Dragons" weekly to the list so non-70s get something.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Thanks for adding this, I appreciate the little bit extra this will add to the kitty for doing these tasks.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    nice small small steps we would have sometin viable
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Hello,

As many people have already stated,

This is a small step in the right direction

Please read with attention all the good suggestions made by the player in this thread.
    More over, please assume the state of deflation the game is in.
    You cut the AD from leadership. OK, most of us think this is a good decision, buuuuuuuuuut, this is not enough.

Once and for all, rescale the AD sink. Nothing more. Just rescale it. Don't give us 15K RAD from quest or from heroic encouter, or whatever. Just rescale the AD sink. I don't even asking for a removal. Just rescale it.

So please make a BIG STEP in the right direction, and people will be happy because they will feel listened to.

Please bring the fun back !
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Can we expect AD cost reduction for companion upgrade, boons and artificial weapon class features, including stat rolls?

I would avoid granting AD for leveling missions, because bots already can level through 1-70 missions.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    +10k AD for finding the 0/3 scrying stones in a zone. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    15K AD more in a week. As Valindra uses to say: "Impressive...."
    No comment.
    But my next question is: "why do they decide to add this ridicuolous source of AD?". Could the answer be:"they want players happier"?
    No, impossible....too idiotic..
    My next answer is then "fear and terror": they are adding very small amount of AD source to check the behavior of the AD market in an empirical way, by trial and test. It means that they don't have any idea on how to govern and manage the market that they have designed.

PS: BTW, I still need millions to updagrade my companions & mounts....

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    briseda said:

This is a great step in the right direction. I really appreciate how hard you guys have been working to shore up an otherwise difficult situation for your dedicated Neverwinter players. While it sometimes seems that you have zero regard for the actual playing population, we know that behind the scenes, you are doing all you can to please us and make the necessary improvements to the flagging meta that is endgame. I know that you will listen to the community needs and make the game fun again. Currently the game stops being fun at 60 and just drags after that. The AD struggle just makes it even more painful. It's obvious that you are trying to rectify that with these sweeping changes. Oh, I know that you guys are super busy and all but a good look at PVP balance would be really cool but really, that's just a suggestion and is not absolutely necessary or anything.

Thanks again.

Not sure if sarcastic or...

In either case LOL. These fanboys.../facepalm
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, good news and good start !

Like i suggested in the "patch note (fictitious)" thread, a RAD reward for completing weekly quests is a good idea. But you have forgotten the weekly quest "The Hammerstone Queen" ( iwd ), or you should add a Weekly quest for Stronghold ( who is an unnamed campaign : completing task for boons.. ). With, this,, with the mod8 campaign weekly quest, we will have 7 weekly quest. A casual player can do 1 weekly/day and if the RAD reward was up to 3500 RAd for 1 weekly, this casual player can reach 3500x7=24500 rad/week. Neither too much, nor too little if completed with daylies RAD Rewards from dungeons, skirmishes, pvp..

You should also take in consideration the possibilty of alternatives way for RAD Rewards :

- >The high version of Bag of Rough Astral diamonds can be now purchased at the seven suns Seals NPC and Trades of blades for various currencies :
    - 3 seals of triumph
    - 200 seals of the elements
    - 100 seals of the protector
    - 30 dragon sigils
    - 30 Koning Coins
    - 3 Thayan Ciphers
    - 90 Gold Crescents

This bag of RAD can be buy only once for a day.

What you want ? Players should be play the game. This is a way.

24500 RAD from weekly quests, 35000 RAD from various currencies, for a week, so 8500 RAD/day, completed with the possibility to chose the content than we want play : you don't like dungeons ? Don't do dungeons, do other content and win RAD even without doing dungeons, or pvp or skirmishes. You have the choice.

All this new rads sources must not prevent reflection and substantive changes concerning diamonds cost a lot of things in play ( transmute, boons, SH requirements etc ).
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    When i have opened my Arc game client and read about this news, i had a huge laugh, thanks Cryptic, you made my day. I got the feeling of being in a bad Ed Wood movie. This will solve my problems and that of my small guild's SH, 3k AD once per week additional on a map. Common...
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    It's almost like they want you to only play once a week!
  • doctordnadoctordna Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    My comments keeps getting moved to insults. I think this is an insult to our intelligence. So I would like to request the moderator move Scott's posting to "insults" Thanks!

ALL of this is high level end game quests for level 70, where is the little guy suppose to get his AD from Scott? The negative responses are about it being only being 15K per week. The players at level 70 need a lot more than this, and players less than level 40 could use this but it not available to them.

I am not insulting the moderators, players, or the developers, Scott is the one doing the insulting here.
  • goldmoon#5670 goldmoon Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    This is an IT governance problem
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    doctordna said:

My comments keeps getting moved to insults. I think this is an insult to our intelligence. So I would like to request the moderator move Scott's posting to "insults" Thanks!

ALL of this is high level end game quests for level 70, where is the little guy suppose to get his AD from Scott? The negative responses are about it being only being 15K per week. The players at level 70 need a lot more than this, and players less than level 40 could use this but it not available to them.

I am not insulting the moderators, players, or the developers, Scott is the one doing the insulting here.

Indeed. A monkey could do the math and quickly figure out something is amiss here. We can only take so much blatant insulting of our intelligence.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • canija777canija777 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I have the feeling that either you have no idea what you are doing, Scott, or you know exactly what you are doing but won't share that info with us players. I suspect you are going, in a long term, to remove AD from the game, or at least remove ways to make AD without buying zen. I have been here from beta and I still remember the CN runs where every boss dropped valuable items that could be sold, and the free chest (during DD) would give you another purple you could sell. That means 4 purples. Not salvage. Sell. For a good amount of AD.
    Now everything is bound (on char-account, thanks for that, now I need like a million slots in my inventory to keep all that stuff). And the removal of AD from leadership has been another step in that direction. And please, you can't really believe that 15k AD per week is an increase of AD, because it's just insulting.
    You want us to be poorer? Ok, I can live with that. IF you reduce prices on everything. A reinforcement kit is still 100k. My GWF will have 0 since I won't spend on that, if I need to donate a HUGE amount of AD to that hungry mimic you have put in my guild.
    Change the refinment requirements, low prices, remove AD sinks. Don't turn this game into a job. We play (or should play) for fun. Fun is gone. Grinding, farming, more grinding and more farming. And so little reward.
    Nope, this is not enough.
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    It's nice that they realize casual players need a source of AD production, but this is simply a token gesture, and in my opinion 15K a week amounts to chump change. Look at the breakdown:
    Each of the following weekly quests will reward 3000 Rough AD upon completion:
    1. Arcane Reservoir (Sharandar)
    2. The Red Wizards (Dread Ring)
    3. Biggrin’s Tomb (Icewind Dale)
    4. Reclaiming the Horde (Tyranny of Dragons)
    5. Protecting the Portal (Harper Boward, Tyranny of Dragons)
    It takes a long time to complete all five of those missions. 15K AD is not commensurate with the effort and time. And it will barely cover the AD needed to play the game and pay for things that cost AD.
  • qumi0qumi0 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    It's a step in the right direction. Thank you for this change.
  • salemstarrsalemstarr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Nice for high players but nothing for lower levels, this really sucks
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Yes we need more RAD sources, Yes we need lower prices. I actually believe they are working on that. I am in a very active guild. I love this game and love the progression in SH. I buy ZEN. I support this game and our Guild SH with in game and real money. I look at this weekly free RAD as a very clear way for active guilds to earn the RAD needed for their SH. 15K RAD per week times 150 active accounts takes a dent out of what is needed for SH without having to reach for your wallet. Hopefully more free RAD will come our way in the future, but just like everything in life, most things are not free. My "2 RAD" worth.
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    kurtb88 said:

It takes a long time to complete all five of those missions. 15K AD is not commensurate with the effort and time. And it will barely cover the AD needed to play the game and pay for things that cost AD.

Arcane Reservoir (Sharandar) 5 minutes right at the entrance to shar
    The Red Wizards (Dread Ring) 10 minutes + another 3-4 to run there.
    Biggrin’s Tomb (Icewind Dale) 10 minutes + another 3-4 to run there
    Reclaiming the Horde (Tyranny of Dragons) cant remember i dont bother to do tod stuff anymore.
    Protecting the Portal (Harper Boward, Tyranny of Dragons) 5 minutes

all of these are faster than a t1/2 dungeon run and reward the same ad and can be done solo

im not against this pittance. were there pricing changes in place the players would be far less negative about this. but when i need 300k to upgrade a pet from white to green. 15k a week is insulting.

the only campaign stuff i do semi regularly is shar and dr mini-lairs for the shards and rp
This discussion has been closed.