test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Additional Astral Diamond Sources

goatsharkgoatshark Member Posts: 23 Arc User
Hey everyone, Scott here today with a quick note about Astral Diamond sources. As you know, we recently made a change to increase the AD players earn via queued content. We know that players can’t always participate in that content, so we are looking at more ways to get AD into your hands. These first changes will be coming very soon.

Each of the following weekly quests will reward 3000 Rough AD upon completion:
* Arcane Reservoir (Sharandar)
* The Red Wizards (Dread Ring)
* Biggrin’s Tomb (Icewind Dale)
* Reclaiming the Horde (Tyranny of Dragons)
* Protecting the Portal (Harper Boward, Tyranny of Dragons)

It’s important to note that this is not meant to be your sole source of AD, but rather a way to begin supplementing earn rates.

We are weighing additional options for Astral Diamond sources, and will continue to watch what players are earning.

Scott Shicoff
Lead Designer

Comments

• zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Well(Of Dragons) it's a start.
  • banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    better remove old sinks than add new ways to earn ad

• gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    I'm cracking up lol this is unbelievable
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    15k AD a week...wow. How am I going to spend it all?
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Was discussing it with some guildies today..

We liked how NeverwinterCombatLeague offered the opportunity to farm content, and were thinking about how this would apply to strongholds. [All of us already have our Lion gear, and don't need to queue for SH Siege anymore]

We also don't want bots/afk'ers in SH Siege just to get the farmable rewards. [like exist in Tiamat]

SH Siege is too long a match for no rewards at the end.

We were thinking that a 1st place finish in a short SH game is about 1000 points, in a long one, can be up to 3000 points..

Every 500 points scored in SH Siege would reward you with an 'idol fragment' .

1hr of SH Siege would result in around 5-7 idol fragments. Rhix could buy 6 Fragments for 5000 AD?

This doesnt seem out of line with the time required for your new rewards (as they take 20 mins or less.)
    goatshark said:

edit: I now realize what I've just described is the [now mothballed] Neverember's 0/4 PVP Matches 8k RAD daily quest. =X

NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Let's ignore that little "increase ways to make AD " remark

In any case, it took 5 weeks to get to this? No reduced sinks. No leadership tasks corrected.

An extra 15k a week, pathetic that you gutted the whole system in a one week span after an initial fruitless attempt, now this is what you put out there after a month.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    This is shorter than a baby step, may be an ant baby step. 15K a week. Everything can be finished .... on Monday. Sigh!
    I was "yeah! Finally happen" ... then, "What!?"
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Can I just say, the amount this is providing is almost meaningless and I am in no way interested in doing my dailies to get such a trifle amount. In terms of earning currency, it will take me less time to run elol and get a drop that I can salvage for more then to do these dailies I have already finished, for only 3k AD. This change has no significant impact at all and for weekly quests, would have to be about 150k in total for all of them combined to even vaguely spark my interest, I can make more then that per day by running elol.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I wouldn't do Reclaiming the Horde if it gave 100,000 ADs. That quest is horrific and boring as all hell as well as long and tedious.
  • mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    Shouldn't be that hard to add/fix the Leadership tasks (even one/week should be doable) to award something (even if not AD) or lower the time for them.

and second/third the cost cutting. Boons are still ridiculously overpriced now without good sources of AD, etc.

Sigh
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    vry shame...not surprises btw.
    ghoulz66 said:

I wouldn't do Reclaiming the Horde if it gave 100,000 ADs. That quest is horrific and boring as all hell as well as long and tedious.

If you do other WoD dailies, this is just a freebie. WoD dailies is one of the SH tasks anyway. Triple dip.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jturtlejturtle Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    I agree the boons should be cut in cost, given the lower AD Production. On the other hand, as dedicated player who only has 60-90 min at a time max every couple of days, who doesn't like PvP or PuGs (I suck at the first, and the second always has at least one A--hole that takes things too seriously), and actually DOES enjoy running the PvE campaigns this addition of AD will be welcome.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    People have been asking for AD from questing, in particular SH-related quests -- so you don't have to choose between helping your guild and helping yourself. These weekly quests give a lot of the campaign currency needed for advancing Stronghold buildings, and now they will give a little AD as well.

It's not a huge amount, but this is exactly where I wanted AD to come from. I think doubling the AD amounts would make more sense, but I am fairly satisfied with this, especially if we have a few more cost reductions -- such as boons, cubes of augmentation, transmute costs.

edited October 2015

ghoulz66 said:

If you do other WoD dailies, this is just a freebie. WoD dailies is one of the SH tasks anyway. Triple dip.
    Why would I do em...? I wouldn't even do em for SHs, I hate WoD quests. They're among the worst in the game. Not a bloody chance in hell am I wasting 15 min of my time looking for cultist messengers and all the other stupid HAMSTER.

And for 3k...? You've lost your mind.
  • npstalonnpstalon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    While I do appreciate the gesture, it is totally inadequate. 15k a week is nothing compared to the AD sinks in the game. Especially if your a mostly solo player like ALOT of us are. Also this does absolutely nothing for people under lvl. 70 who can't run those quests. Adding this amount ( or something close to it. ) to Dailies would make alot more sense than this.
    edited October 2015
    ghoulz66 said:

ghoulz66 said:

Why would I do em...? I wouldn't even do em for SHs, I hate WoD quests. They're among the worst in the game. Not a bloody chance in hell am I wasting 15 min of my time looking for cultist messengers and all the other stupid HAMSTER.

Well, I have been doing that without that 3K to get the stuff for the SH and SH coffer needs them. IMO, the worst is not WoD quest. The worst is Sharandar quests.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    A small step in the right direction.
    Definitely not an Arc User.

ghoulz66 said:

ghoulz66 said:

Well, I have been doing that without that 3K to get the stuff for the SH. IMO, the worst is not WoD quest. The worst is Sharandar quests.
    You actually get rewarded for doing those, and the mobs are easier.

• djionicsxb1djionicsxb1 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    goatshark said:

And if your not high enough to do any of this content you are basically stuck doing the same old stuff that takes at times ages to que for.

Put my lvl 50ish paladin on and 1 hour later I was still in a que for PVP. Then when I get to level 60-69 there will be even less to do. Also dungeon chests are bugged where they wont open.

So much potential, let down even more now
    edited October 2015
    ghoulz66 said:

ghoulz66 said:

ghoulz66 said:

Well, I have been doing that without that 3K to get the stuff for the SH. IMO, the worst is not WoD quest. The worst is Sharandar quests.
    You actually get rewarded for doing those, and the mobs are easier.

But, I cannot stand '1,2,3', '1,2,3' and I don't care about enchantment RP. That "colourful' world makes me dizzy.
    Sharandar quests is also a SH task. However, thanks goodness, I can just do a mini-dungeon (the least colourful one) in Sharandar to fulfill all 3 quests. Otherwise, I would be crazy.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited October 2015

And if your not high enough to do any of this content you are basically stuck doing the same old stuff that takes at times ages to que for.

Put my lvl 50ish paladin on and 1 hour later I was still in a que for PVP. Then when I get to level 60-69 there will be even less to do. Also dungeon chests are bugged where they wont open.

So much potential, let down even more now

Run normal (3-man) Temple of Spiders twice: 6300 rAD and at least 6 pieces of blue gear you can put on the AH, or use to refine your gear, or donate to your SH coffers. If the chest won't open, it just means you don't get an extra piece of blue gear.

I have never had to wait longer than 30 seconds for the queue to pop, and a typical run takes 7 minutes. The longest run I've done is 10 minutes with two sub-70 people who killed every single group, the shortest are under 5 minutes.

• andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Better than nothing.

Please fix the AD sinks to the Stronghold, companions, etc. (and you still need more for non-q players than this 15k a week...)

Especially the stronghold. The guilds that you intended to be the glue that holds your game together are now forced into taxation of your increasingly poor peasants because of the insane AD requirements combined with how small the AD vouchers are (also the guild mark rewards for donating AD are poor).
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    This stuff is ok, but I barely ever run this stuff, unless I really have to for things for Guild hall.

Who cares about rough AD and frankly this is only ok for the most casual sort of solo player. This still DOES NOT effect costing.

This is still the biggest issue in the game.

What a lark..

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    yai 15k ad more each week
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Its lol ..

truly is.

Im not opposed to it, I think for some players who dont run DDS this in itself is a step for them to earn something in game. But frankly, any super casual can run 3 man stuff and solo it , even with the worst sort of builds and gear.

But this is not what we asked for, its the AD sinks and costing that is killing us.
  • zathrainzathrain Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    this is the first day I have been back on since they gutted professions (leadership) and still don't see the point. On to the next game. Bring back City of Heroes!
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

That took me approximately 10 minutes yesterday.
  • xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

15k AD a week...wow. How am I going to spend it all?

well... combined with the 7200/day from running the HAMSTER out of ToS from which you can get ~50k per character (lvl 70)
    That makes the grand total ~65k per week. Still nowhere near the 2.8mil per week that you used to get from 25 character Leadership army @ lvl 25... this is a 98.2% decrease still from what I used to make (after 2 years of paying and playing)

Scott,
    Thank you for the extra. Thank you for the GMoP price drop. Sorry, but I'm still really mad about losing all the time and money I invested in the previous currency system. Through these changes I have seen two of the three guilds I participate in gradually evaporate (from being quite large) ... the other one just merged with another guild. This is player-base shrinkage. Meanwhile the AH is still full of 99 stacks of rank 4's and 5's ? ? ? The changes were to combat what again?? Guild size and player base? Oh... no, it was bots... still tons of those though.
This discussion has been closed.