test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hero Of The North - Package not that much worth

karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
The hero of the north package is not really 20,000 (or 16,000 Zen if you buy it on a 20% off).

The package includes:
  • Heavy Giant Spider - I would consider it is worth between 2,500 to 4,000 Zen. I saw it several times ingame and it is a good looking mount but still a epic mount.
  • Panther - The Panther is between 2,500 and 3,000 Zen worth.
  • 12 Slot bag for every character which is worth 600 Zen in the market BUT you can buy for the same amount of Zen in the auctionhouse a bag which is double as big.
  • 1 Retrain Token for 300 Zen
  • 3 Additional character slots worth 750 Zen
  • Unlock the Race: Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow. A race would normally cost around 1,000 Zen considering the alternative way to purchase a package which cost 2,500 including unlocking the dragonborn race and a free race reroll token which costs in it's standalone version 1,500 Zen. BUT we also have the Drow for free which are basically the same race as the Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow. So it costs 0 Zen.
  • Adventurer's Helper Pack which costs 1,500 in the Zen Store but the Items which costs the most (like 99%) are buyable at the auction house for less than 400 Zen.
  • Then we have a bunch of items that have 0 Zen worth: Robes of Useless Items (Once every HOUR you can create ONE grey item); Gond's Endless Coffer of Pyrotechnics (Once every DAY you can create ONE firework); Gilded Moonstone Regalia Mask (Only the mask, not the whole fashion set. Different mask can be aquired by promotionals for free); Graycloak's Legacy (Grants a blue weapon without level requirment and is only "usefull" from level 1-15 because you get then better weapons. If you consider that you can't aquire this weapon the first 5 levels because you are in the Tutorial this makes this "Legacy" utterly pointless, i mean the time you aquire the weapon you can be also level 15 and get a better weapon. In addition the skin is for most of the classes nothing special and it lacks a free appearance change); Delzoun Treasure Box (inherits a Weapon with a slotted Brilliant Energy Enchantment, the weapon and the enchantment are not really usefull)
This leads to a worth of 8,150 - 10,150 Zen if we use the Marekt Price on some items that are hilariouse expensive. If we calculate it with the cheapest prices the package would be worth 6,750 Zen. Of course you had the option for more free storage because of the 12 slot bag but you would need over 16 characters to compensate if we use the highest worth of the package (10,150 Zen).
But the more realistic pricing would be around 7,000 Zen. If you want to make it more appealing you should sell it for 5,000 Zen instead of 20,000 because around 200$ is bonkers especially if you think about it that it was advertised in the past that it has a worth of 700$.
plat.png
Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!

Comments

• darkvargdarkvarg Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I rather agree, $200 is not worth it. Personally I'd like to see it be a bit cheaper and that also goes for some of the others. I've seen the cash prices being in the $100s for a few of them which is more then most of us can afford these days. Well unless you make make enough money to spare those high amounts of cash for the packs. Anyways that's my thoughts of their packs, still again with you though ^^
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    I think the problem here is more like, what will the people say who bought the pack when it first came out, as a gesture of support for the game.
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    It wasn't worth its price even before changes affecting AD earnings with Leadership
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Before it was listed in the Zen Market the package also included 2,000,000 Astral Diamonds, the Moonstone Regalia Fashion Set (not only the Mask), the PWE Games Gift Package and the Neverwinter Digitial Novelle.

Honestly, i can't imagine that these items are about 100$ worth.
    The Astral Diamonds are worth at best 40$ and the Moonstone Regalia Set was only Fashion and is worth at best 8-20$. The PWE Games Gift Package would be for me useless, i mean if i play an MMORPG i have hardly time for other games and if i go through the list of games and items you get it seems not that much of worth to me.
    The Neverwinter Digital Novella (Complete Set) can be bought for less than 4$ on Amazon.

So like dfnce said. The package wasn't even 200$ worth of the beginning and the advertisment that it was worth 700$ was a scam or an incompetent marketing employee that can't do math.

Now these items are missing in the package. So like i said the package is at best worth 10,150 Zen (like 100$) and it is be sold for 200$. The price should be corrected.
    plat.png
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I believe the set is sold for $60 on XBOX.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    skalt112 said:

I think the problem here is more like, what will the people say who bought the pack when it first came out, as a gesture of support for the game.

It was worth every penny I paid for it at the time I bought it.

What do you think of a movie you paid ten dollars to go see when it's over? Same thing: is it worth the entertainment you get from it at the time you bought it? And many of the items originally in the HOTN pack aren;t in there any more (example: 2 Million AD).

As for the bag: every character: existing and future.
    As for the Weapon: Greycloak legacy enchantment and the blue weapon usually take you up to level 30 before anything comparable drops - this is my experience on taking and using it on 15 toons so far.

Also not mentioned: The Delzoun epic weapon you get at level 60. Useless? Maybe, maybe not. it works great for holding you over until level 65-70; getting your freebie Artifact main and off-hands.

As for what remains from that pack I *still* find useful and fun: The Giant Armored Spider mount is always fun and definitely in theme for Mod 8. I love the Dust of Creation that creates things every two minutes just for kicks. The Robe of Useless Items is fun at campfires. The HOTN set comes with the Entire Moonstone Regalia outfit, not just the mask (you only get the mask in the Guardian pack) - I still use that and often dye it into different colors. There are a couple other things I can;t remember right now - but all in all: it was a good buy at the time and I have zero regrets about buying it.

The point of the pack is that you get a truckload of account-wide items that you don;t have to buy later - through the Zen Market or otherwise. Is it still worth the original asking price: I don't think so - it should be dropped to 10,000 Zen - then it's value would be more balanced. But just the same: that Spider mount blows-away the "Gilded Spider" mount you can buy in-game. :)
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User

As for the bag: every character: existing and future.
    As for the Weapon: Greycloak legacy enchantment and the blue weapon usually take you up to level 30 before anything comparable drops - this is my experience on taking and using it on 15 toons so far.

Also not mentioned: The Delzoun epic weapon you get at level 60. Useless? Maybe, maybe not. it works great for holding you over until level 65-70; getting your freebie Artifact main and off-hands.

A set for enscrolled Mulhorand weapons (Main and Off-Hand) costs you between 75-250 Zen depending on the class. Enscrolled Mulhorand weapons can be used from 5-70 and in endgame area because your artifact weapons are only better if you already upgraded them to epic which costs you over 1 million refining points.

You said 15 Toons? That is a pricing of 1,125 to 3,750 Zen. This means the Greycloak Item and Delzoun Chest are still worthless.

The point of the pack is that you get a truckload of account-wide items that you don;t have to buy later

1 Mount, 1 Pet, 3 Characterslots and maybe the Fashion item. But what else is left?
    If you have a main, a 12 slot bag is useless because you need way more space in your inventory a 12 slot bag can offer and it blocks one bag slot and you get for the same price the 12 slot bag would cost a bag that can hold the double amount of space in your inventory. It is maybe usefull for your alts to store Items but you could also buy the Dragonborn Legendary pack where you get a 30 slot bag out of it and can buy for the remaining 12,500 Zen bags from the auction house.
    You get ONE retrain token for the whole account. So not really that great. Unlocked Race: Useless, we have the free drow race that is identical (only the naming is different).
    And then we have a huge bunch of useless items that are account wide unlocks that i propably will never use again. I mean some of the items are build to be useless and are not even considered "Gimmicky". Some items could be Gimmicky like the Gond's Endless Coffer of Pyrotechnics but one Firework one per day... sorry but which idiot came up with the idea to limit a simple Firework?
    plat.png