test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SW - it's been a while Strum, hows' it going?

lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
A while back Strum, you said you where going to level an SW to get an idea of the playing experience.

Since then.......nothing.

Are you stuck somewhere? Maybe getting insta killed by low level mobs? Struggling to take on more than one whilst you watch other classes sail through?

If so, give me a call in game and I will help you get out of Blacklake. However, if you're still in the opening scene then we're stuck as you have to solo that one I'm afraid.

Seriously - what is happening to this class after all your words?
...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
"Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
..............not this one then.............

Comments

• Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    The cynic in me will just paraphrase you . . . words.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    arabatur said:

The cynic in me will just paraphrase you . . . words.

The playerbase has had words, lots of them, doesn't wash anymore
    Looking at this....looking at that....and the outcome?

So pardon me for being cynical - I wonder what could possibly have brought that on?
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
  • Options
    tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    Well, when people ask them about how they are were going to solve the issue with the Tempation capstone and the new lifesteal mechanic they promised an special solution for SWs. That was on february during the preview phase of Mod6 and now we are on october getting close to Mod8, just to give you and idea about the place on the priority list the devs have the SWs problems. My suggestion for you is just stop playing that class completly, because the more you play the more dissapointed you will feel about the game.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Strumslinger said on the Live Stream today that the Warlock is being looked at for Module 8.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    halaszsandorhalaszsandor Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    lol. Sw needs to be looked at indeed!

There you go:

-Fix Soul puppet wrath claw! Its doing too much dmg!

-Tone down TT! Its imba! Its doing too much dmg by multiple bosses. Lol 2nd boss. eCC 2nd boss!
    Post edited by halaszsandor on
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    A single weapon master strike deals more damage than blades of vanquished armies over it's entire duration. Just to put that out there.

Striker vs Striker balance afterall.
  • Options

Strumslinger said on the Live Stream today that the Warlock is being looked at for Module 8.

Hey you've replied - so thank you for this.

Can I just plead with the development team to put any changes on preview, give us time to try these - and please listen to the consensus feedback from the preview.
    Let's do it right :-)
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    I hope he chose to be a Hellbringer and either Tempt or Fury- for maximum soloing pain. No Borrowed Time healing; and no pet that does all of the heavy lifting.
  • Options
    tyria501tyria501 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Too bad 'looked at' does not imply any actions will be taken. I would love to use mine again. However, I do not think anything will be done even in mod 8 and if it is I do not expect to see more than one valid build. It just might change from Damnation to something else.
  • Options
    tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    The last time the class was "looked at" they nerfed the fury capstone and TT xD
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    he was referring to an earlier stream in which the EP Rob sat down and said something like 'after the NCL pre-season we looked at the dmg output numbers and realized the SW was underperforming and we want to bring it up to other levels'

so SW will get looked at first when they do a class rebalancing. =D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    My biggest hope that devs visit SW forum, there is plenty of good and reasonable ideas how to improve SW without making OverPowered.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Being depandant to one single daily that deals 30-50% oft your overall damage sounds not like a balanced class
    The damage dealt with encounter is really poor
    I would suggest to nerf TT to the same level of other classes
    Doing so you will leave a completely useless class that could be deleted and by that you habe a new slot to Start a New class :)
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Being depandant to one single daily that deals 30-50% oft your overall damage sounds not like a balanced class

Doing so you will leave a completely useless class that could be deleted and by that you habe a new slot to Start a New class :)

With all the problems to the Scourge Warlock your suggestion is yet, another, nerf?

You should put in a application to be a developer for Neverwinter. You have the perfect line of thinking for this company. We're trying to make the class viable and useful, not nerf it further.

We've been waiting awhile to get some information on changes to the Warlock, and now they're saying we might hear something when Mod 8 gets release. So it's more of the same, "We're looking at it and will get back to you."

I think they just don't have the manpower or a plan on how to change the Warlock, that's why we're getting this smokescreen.

• Options
    btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    ogarious said:

With all the problems to the Scourge Warlock your suggestion is yet, another, nerf?
    I think you did not get the irony @ogarious

• Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited October 2015

They need to tone down or remove the MC set bonus before any buffs. It is an exploit due to the set being BOP and removed from the game. I can see the QQ now over it when the SW become kings of NW.

MC set does do nice damage melt to the first 1/3rd of a dragons and bosses HP bar, but nothing game breaking by any means. Its a rarity and perk of being a longtime warlock and having farmed it and held onto it. Nice to have things like this. Adds flavor and history to the game.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    As start, adding more HP to the Soul Puppet could be done very easy, and it would really help.

And before the screaming about Soul Puppet damage under some isolated circumstances starts again, make a SW, send the Soul Puppet on a training puppet and watch the damage numbers...

Another thing that could help, adding some +Life Steal into the Temptation feats to get the "healing" part from SW back onto its own feet.

As allways, it would be nice to know what the Devs think about SW, and how they want to improve the situation, and when?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    btfd said:

ogarious said:

I think you did not get the irony @ogarious
    I probably didn't, and for that I apologies, but as the SW is my main, and I stripped my CW of all it's best gear and put all my work in the SW since the class went live. I have no sense of humor for the way they've done things...

• Options
    SW is my main, too. Also I want to do things as legit as possible on my main which means for me no broken puppet or lol set (which also needs another rework imo. Keep in mind that its set bonus seems to be so good, that people use it although the stats [STR & DEX] aren't useful at all e.g. for CW and SW). Fury can do good dps but GWFs outdps you very fast. Puppet somehow depends on situation. I once had a run with @schietindebux with a full buff troup, his puppet did like 3-4 millions per hit. In another run with a comparable SW but not a buff troup the puppet did not hit that hard. Anyways it's sad that warlocks have to make use of such broken mechanics to keep up with other classes.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    No kidding, there's a lot of sad things about the game that need to be addressed. Like I'm hearing that some 2 Paladin teams can basically duo any epic encounter in the game, and even the highest damage dealing monsters in game.

Imagine 2 Paladins being able to do Valindra with no problem. Ok, wait. Bad mental picture. Do not imagine 2 Paladins doing Valindra....

Jokes aside, it seems with every change made to the mechanics of the game there is some new loophole or exploit that people have to find to take advantage of. That's almost become the focus of the game for some people. And that's pretty depressing.
  • Options
    ogarious said:

it seems with every change made to the mechanics of the game there is some new loophole or exploit that people have to find to take advantage of. That's almost become the focus of the game for some people. And that's pretty depressing.

Sad but true. Funny fact is that there are poeple reporting said exploits but the devs just seem to ignore it.

• Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    regenerde said:

And before the screaming about Soul Puppet damage under some isolated circumstances starts again, make a SW, send the Soul Puppet on a training puppet and watch the damage numbers...

The problem is not the base damage. The problem, that its damage bonus, debuff bonus is multiplicative instead of additive, multiplies with every buff/debuff. So you can see 1M+hits easily, even on low gear level SWs, not just isolated circumstances.
    The worst part, that you do not have to do anything, to get those numbers, Damnation warlock is on autopilot mode.
    This needs to be adressed, and THEN give it some other buffs. For example: FEAR, that debuffs any nearby mob damage and defense by 10-15%, more HP, faster hit rate, better lifesteal, feats that add bonus to passives, encounters etc. And something, that requires some attention from the player, like he damages +30% near his soulpuppet etc.

Also SW needs a total encounter rework, there's only like 4 encounters worth using. Also passives rework. And if you are already there, you can look at the dailys. At-wills are fine, btw :) Maybe little buff to eldritch, Hand could use some cleave effect in melee, but at-wills are almost good.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    I actually kinda like the pimp slap of Hand...
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I think the at-wills are god awful. My DC's lance of faith deals twice the damage of any of my SW's at-wills. Sure, the HR's at-wills are pretty lackluster but at least that class has a good arsenal of encounter powers.

All the damage of it's powers need buffed, TT needs to be reworked/removed as it can never be properly balanced. Puppet's bonus damage removed. If the class deals good damage then it has no need for all this stupid HAMSTER just to get by.

I like the idea of the SW being utility in a party. Fury for raw DPS, damnation for a pseudo tank, and temptation for healing, but unfortunately that's not how it's working atm.... Damnation being able to mark a boss twice as a new mechanic and force the puppet to target it. Multi-curse a single target.