test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm frustrated, discouraged and getting burnt out.. No costing changes = getting tired of game.

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I agree with your sentiments as well @silverkelt

I'm personally a little frustrated that we haven't seen more movement on those hard AD sink prices, and it has a bit of me in stasis right now.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    +1
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    The grind dial went sky high. I've been burned out.
    I did actually leave PE to do some ToS runs and DR skirmishes out of boredom last weekend for the first time in close to a month.
    That was enough for me. Back to invoking and lurking the boards.
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    I think this is where many of us are. Waiting to see what changes, if any are coming. The sad part is, it isn't like they don't know they need to make changes and sooner rather than later. Enough players have left the game already and more than enough have been here in the forums talking about this issue that there is just no excuse Cryptic can use not to be doing anything about this. Let alone not even communicating some sort of road map to us about upcoming changes and when we can expect them. I know the next mod is coming soon, but that isn't even a good enough of an excuse to not be making changes to how we make AD in the game or changes to the cost of everything as well. Mod 8 won't make much difference if no one is around to play it and not many will be if Cryptic doesn't start making some changes about costs and ways to make AD in the game as soon as possible. It has been quite disappointing to say the least that this hasn't already been done. The price change to mops and gmops happening so fast was just damage control because most everyone was outraged by the leadership change. But that move was only equal to throwing a gallon of water on a forest fire. It did little to nothing at all with the lack of ways in getting AD actually playing the game as it was put and the total costs of everything else that needs progressed. Changes that should have already have happened need to happen in the next couple of weeks. Simple as that.

Frustrated, discouraged. upset, and disappointed. That is really all there is to say at this time.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    i pity everyone who is trying to grind now to not lower his progression. its wasdte of time and health damaging. You cant hasten things. play what you enjoy, a nd if cryptic dont enhance rewards in the future than give up on competitivness or quit. you can grind for a while but only for a while, cryptic has his time, he dont care. i bet there will be no big improvements until november console strongholds release. both stronghold cost and leadership rewards
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User

I agree with your sentiments as well @silverkelt

I'm personally a little frustrated that we haven't seen more movement on those hard AD sink prices, and it has a bit of me in stasis right now.

Pretty much my position. I feel the frustration would be less if there was a little more communication
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    The discussion never was about solo work? how did that even get into anything? I clearly stated I was tired of just having to run DDS to feel like Im progressing and that costing was prohibitive to playing.
    That is the entire discussion..

• zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I somehow doubt Ironzerg and silvercelt are lacking in group invitations,
    *edit Bad Zukn, do not join in the derail, anyway, back to your regularly scheduleded discussion:
  • neilburtonneilburton Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    I'm in complete agreement as well, @silverkelt. I've been playing since beta and have stuck with the game all along despite the horrible changes that have been made all along the way. Most I have learned to live with, but lately... burn out and frustration just aren't quite descriptive enough. Of all my RL friends that I have played this game with (at the peak was just over 20) now, it's just me and 2 others. Not much else to say that has not been said 1000's of times before.
    IT Guru & avid gamer since 1981
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    null

so i dont understand what you want??? rofl just play and fun and dont buy more AD. maybe in some time devs tweak the ingame ad problem.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    +1

I've stuck with the game aswell, buying some packs and stuffs with my hard earned money, since beta. All my first guild vanished at the end of mod 5, and now if i keep doing stuffs it's maybe for the SH, maybe because of the habit, maybe this game is now like a bad wedding, something you've invested too much time in to just leave but something that doesn't give you anymore the fun it brought to you at the beginning.

Now maybe it's gonna be time to hire a lawyer and get a divorce done, this lack of communication is really pitiful. Not to mention the lack of fixes, the lack of AD's rework.
    Nothing that makes me want to spend anymore money, nothing that makes me want to support this game.
  • novakk1novakk1 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    No wonder.

People just now realise how bad the game actually is without leadership.LS was a big time-waster and an important part of the game that allowed and gave you feeling of progression and kept Neverwinter on people's mind.

Not only did they take all of the progression and made an impassable(by us non-millionaires) PAY-WALL.
    This HAMSTER move that is obviously a cash-grab of a dead/dying game scared players like myself&friends away from investing in this game.

Why?Because the devs ignore the playerbase and literally can decide to make your 300$ investment worthless after a week of your purchase without any prior announcements or giving you ANYTHING in return.And this is happening quite frequently recently.

Why do you think the AD change to LS came with no alternatives, and these 'alternatives' will take probably years to be implemented :)

Just quit like the rest of us.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Can a single thread be brought without the LShip nerf? I wonder. You know there are people like me that never had LS armies and were doing very well before they removed all the rhix and neverember dailies, DD events, Skirmishes events? As if the game was all about LShip...
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    eolee said:

Can a single thread be brought without the LShip nerf? I wonder. You know there are people like me that never had LS armies and were doing very well before they removed all the rhix and neverember dailies, DD events, Skirmishes events? As if the game was all about LShip...

It's part of the OP, so whaddya complain?

It's currently somewhat like... ..."Look, we gotta cut your pay down to one fifth of what you had per hour, gotta pay out them dividends, y'knaouw. You can do some overtime to get half of what you had before, but at decreasing hourly wages, ofc. But you CAN earn as much as you did before with a few minutes, now in 24h of gaming..."

Much of the fun stuff in this game has been removed and/or or streamlined (Dungeons), and everything has got the in-game-profitable stuff taken out from it. Oh, yeah, the 1-3% chance arti-drops chez Val and Lostmouse are still there, I almost forgot. Sure fun running two dungeons all day. Or two or three skirmishes.

Oh, yeah, and you can always farm some SH influence... ...ooooops? Mimic overstuffed? What else is missing? Lesseee - oh, yeah, AD. Doh.

And lowering the price for one of the three expensive AD-sinks while reducing it's applicability and introducing a new high-price AD-sink item ofc will make it all right, fer suar.

Great fun.

Gameplay per se also has been extremely squashed. Perma-bubble-adin => Easy peasy. None? Tough luck, messy, slow, annoyingly so. Greeaaaaat fun.

/sarcasm

Honestly, I half-heartedly hope that Mod 8 and the player loss up to now and then might cause C to rethink a bit, and rework the game accordingly, but I deem a Green Party candidate win in the US presidential elections more probable...
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The grind is getting me burnt out as well. Tonight I finally got us over the top on starting our GH3 upgrade...and now we have to wait *two days* for it to finish, and that's the easy part. The upgrade to GH4 requires almost ***300k*** Tyranny items, and you could count our active players on one hand.

I could cry.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I do influence for the guild, and then just off to do whatever I want, I might run some WoD quests or do a few PvPs but I try to enjoy the game as best as I could :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I wonder if some of the high AD costs aren't moving because some bean counter thinks it would affect Zen purchases. Let's list some of those high AD costs (aka "sinks"):

Companion upgrades:
    Zen store item for companion upgrade tokens exists. (Can't seem to find it right now, though -- maybe this is in progress)

Campaign boons:
    Zen store item for campaign completion exists

Stronghold AD sinks:
    Zen store item for Stronghold chest of power exists

Refinement points:
    Zen store item for Blood Rubies exists

NW has always felt like it's been about macro-transactions -- big payments for items. However, if the beancounters think that sinks create the demand for the Zen items, I think they've overshot. If the gain seems reasonable, people will grind or pay. If the grind gets unreasonable -- and I think it is -- people go on strike. I've mostly been just invoking to get meager rations; running regular-TOS another few times is just not appealing.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I burnt out as well, a while ago. The AD change was sort of the straw for me, but the truth is I was already completely burnt out and, in hindsight, I realize I was merely looking for an excuse to walk away. I happened to log in today just for kicks to say high to the Greycloaks and see how things were. They're a day or so from kicking off the GH 8 project, but the other guild in the Cloaks is still in the GH 3 area.. far behind. I think that's really how it goes - if you're not in a guild that extremely active, that's about where guilds will top off as the contribution requirements exceed the ability for those guilds to contribute enough to keep up. Now, with the AD and economy such as it is... forget it, the only people with AD are those who stockpiled it everyone else are basically slave laborers to Cryptic's system toiling away at the same task day in and day out. My guess is, right now, the only people still actually have fun in Neverwinter are those who don't actually DO content - those that use it as a chatroom, or those that are ULTRA casual and don't need the economy because they honestly don't bother buying stuff and simply don't do the advanced stuff and don't care because they only play a few hours a week, kill some mobs to blow off steam and then log out. That and the ultra-rich who however they did it (won't go into that here) are already top end toons and can blow through everything without much challenge (I guess that's fun...) - they don't care about the economy because they don't NEED anything anymore and so don't bother shopping anyway.

The other 75% of players (I'm being very conservative in that number...) are like me and silverkelt others that have and haven't spoken up on this thread... they have either already quit because the game is more like a job than a game, or they WANT to quit and haven't been able to bring themselves to do it for the same reason it took me a while before I did.

I'm eagerly awaiting Underdark to see if Cryptic manages to turn this ship around. I'm not really all that confident they will because I just don't trust that the manage has any sort of roadmap beyond just doing whatever seems right at the time. Turning right because it looks nicer than left doesn't necessarily get you to where you want to be - but in Cryptic's case, I'm not sure they know where they want to go, so it just doesn't matter which way they turn.. and that's, friends, is why we're in the place we are now. They are making turns (changes) at total random based on what they see right now, not based on what where they want the game to go, not based on what their passengers (us) have said, but based on their pure gut instinct. And... frankly... their gut instincts suck.
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    No offense to anyone that has posted here... but... what game are you guys playing? Isn't this supposed to be Dungeons & Dragons? Why do you people sound like you're playing the stock market?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

No offense to anyone that has posted here... but... what game are you guys playing? Isn't this supposed to be Dungeons & Dragons? Why do you people sound like you're playing the stock market?

Because it is. Hero needs to be sponsored or somehow finance his own way to see the Dungeon and Dragon. Before he starts his journey, he needs something in his back pack and wallet.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I think the problem is, with only repeatable content to do at end game level, there is not a lot to do other than make AD and such. Once you get all your armor and such, there is little left to do, other than the same repeatable content. But too the game should be more about playing the game than making money, and that is a fail of the devs. But I honestly do not mind the grind, even if it is a little boring.

I am getting a little worried that they are not going to put anything back into the game for strictly solo players to gain more than the 3k AD from invoking. If my graphics card and icy terrain would cooperate together I would do the group content, but they do not work well together.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2015

I don't get why people keep bringing this up. It's set in Neverwinter otherwise it's just another MMO.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    It is not only pure solo player can't earn material AD. Those have group playing in mind are hurt too because only certain specific group play can earn AD. Dragonflight is a big group activity, no AD. HE can be a big group activity, no AD. Contribution to SH, a group in mind activity, no AD for doing SH dailies except Epic Dungeon quest. No AD for Sharandar/D.Ring/IWD/WOD support, etc.

Everyone has only that many hours a day for the game. If one has a group (as guild) in mind, he cannot earn much AD if he spend all the available play time trying to contribute to SH such as Dragonflight, SH HE, SH quests, Sharandar/D.Ring/IWD/WOD support.

Even the group player wants to get boon too. Doing so, no AD. In fact, cost AD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Isn't this supposed to be Dungeons & Dragons?
    That's what the logos say on startup. But, for many months now, most of the dungeons have been removed, and only Heroic Encounters added. As for dragons, those don't seem to be removed. The Stronghold has an every-2-hours event to hit dragons, but 1) that requires a lot of single-target DPSers (TR, GWF-centric), 2) That requires 10+ people to get one dragon (lockbox rewards) or 20+ people to get dropped rewards, 3) What are you going to do during the 105-110 minutes while the SH dragonflight is on cooldown?

There's only so many times I can PUG the regular-TOS dungeon, and VT/Kessels before I find it a horrible grind. And per Cryptic, tht's how you're supposed to be earning AD.
    nathanjm said:

Isn't this supposed to be Dungeons & Dragons?
    That's what the logos say on startup. But, for many months now, most of the dungeons have been removed, and only Heroic Encounters added. As for dragons, those don't seem to be removed. The Stronghold has an every-2-hours event to hit dragons, but 1) that requires a lot of single-target DPSers (TR, GWF-centric), 2) That requires 10+ people to get one dragon (lockbox rewards) or 20+ people to get dropped rewards, 3) What are you going to do during the 105-110 minutes while the SH dragonflight is on cooldown?

There's only so many times I can PUG the regular-TOS dungeon, and VT/Kessels before I find it a horrible grind. And per Cryptic, tht's how you're supposed to be earning AD.

Different dragons need different class. Red, DPS. Blue, Tank. Green, range and heavy life steal. Black, good movement and range and not easy to die type. Black is the one that quantity of marginal players make it worse.
    The most popular class for all 4 dragons, SW.

In that 105-110 cool down time, go Epic dungeon with your guild mates since all of you are there after Dragonflight.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Naw, you should want a mix, DL is ok, but some classes Lionsmane sucks on (cw is one of those classes) so even though I got the helm, it wasnt worth replacing anything else.. why lose crit for recovery? adding a couple more k in hps and 500 more power is not where worth the time involved in getting the armor for that class. I did get all 4 for my DC though. (thank you holy crusaders! you guys are awesome)

I also think they should make it 1 for 1 , so smaller guilds can just roll a dragon and participate as well.

Kind of a separate issue overall.

Another day.. another posting on underdark.. and no mention of costing reductions.. Mod 8 will have the same issues if this is not resolved.

No matter how great the content.

Also, are we really expected to farm influence for another 2 years.. lol.