test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

so active bonus companions is here to stay at strongholds pvp

lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
edited October 2015 in PvP Discussion
even after devs themself were Shocked as to how much effect it has on pvp while doing sh pvp test runs with nw players and decided for a short time to take them off, now we get the news that they decided to make active companion bonus stay at strongholds pvp.

guess im gonna get my c o c k now and use it. because the bigger c o c k you have the better at pvp you get.

Comments

• icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    koko3s ftw!
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    Yeah, I can't even come close to being able to compete with all the companions. No room for the middle-little guy anymore.

They "say" they want SH open for more people to be able to play, but with pets there is no room for the new guys. makes stomping them even easier than before! So i have to think this guy just says a lot of stuff.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The stronghold queue is also ubelievably long and all the queues have gotten way longer, that might tell them something if they cared to listen.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    And we should the ones testing mod8... Whats the point?
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    No point to test anything if they don't give a shi3t about our feedback.
    The only reason I can imagine is to find out bugs or ways to earn some AD.

Good that preorder weekend of SwordCoast Legends is in 3 days.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User

No point to test anything if they don't give a shi3t about our feedback.
    The only reason I can imagine is to find out bugs or ways to earn some AD.

Good that preorder weekend of SwordCoast Legends is in 3 days.

It's just another case of the current trend of NW to try and exploit PvP gamers to the max.

1. Obviously, PvP players are competitive, and are more likely to open wallets
    2. Allow companion bonuses for SH
    3. So now, on top of requiring RPs for 18 enchantments, 2 special enchantments, 4 artifacts, 2 weapons, neck and waste items, we also need to get certain companions that cost anywhere between 1,000 ~ 5,000 ZEN

Woop-dee-too. The end of NW is coming sooner than I thought, lol.

Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    reason to never ever join sh pvp, nice job on resources wasted developing useless pvp zone while real pvp hasnt seen any updates since launch, i wouldnt be surprised that in a short time that zone will see less action than IWD PvP

• osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    Guess what, queue times are already up to 2h. Imagine how it will be in a month, or even with mod8. SH siege was dead anyway because of the unbearable lagfest.

It could had been fun, but ofc they release half baked content and never really fix anything.

Good job, Devs must be projd of their game :-D
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

Guess what, queue times are already up to 2h. Imagine how it will be in a month, or even with mod8. SH siege was dead anyway because of the unbearable lagfest.

It could had been fun, but ofc they release half baked content and never really fix anything.

its indeed tons of fun but the LAG !+ companions + paladins abusive performances are too much to handle...
    BTW is not something new for them, we told them. I just need to farm banners on my second toon and im done.

im sad tho, it was much more fun than GG and icewind dale while giving to guilds a great moment of rejoice.

in the end if they like working to see their work in a bin in a week or two, who am i to stop them?
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User

Yeah, I can't even come close to being able to compete with all the companions. No room for the middle-little guy anymore.

They "say" they want SH open for more people to be able to play, but with pets there is no room for the new guys. makes stomping them even easier than before! So i have to think this guy just says a lot of stuff.

I guess adding pet actives is nice for PvE players/PvE guilds who have already invested in pet setups whereas strictly pvp players generally don't. But other than that, no. Pets are expensive to upgrade and adding them widens the gap even more.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    PvP, while already stupidly and embarrassingly imbalanced, has been an order of magnitude worse with these companion bonuses being thrown into the mix.
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I'm waiting on them to announce the next class before I drop another dime on anything in this game. If it's a class that I find attractive or interesting (Developers always find ways to HAMSTER this up to.), I'll spend some money in order to buy companions for the new class (Will gear out class based on companions).

This is just another way to cash grab being that they know most PvPers are the ones that cycle funds through the game on a constant basis (more so than the current PvErs seen within game.).

I'll wait, got a ton of Zen I'm holding onto, right now.

Outside of refinement and even that is changing now, I would not spend any cash on this game until you see something concrete on improvements, fixes , new dungeons and new ways of gaining Ad in the game at a fair rate.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    Prepare for acb nerfs as well lol