test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please fix Prism!

melodicahmelodicah Member Posts: 35 Arc User
I get so tired of "paladins don't use prism" or something as such spam in EVERY large group setting. As a paladin, I would like to be able to use my daily abilities in any situation, but I can't because it causes everyone to lag and then there's even more griping. Why hasn't this been fixed? If it can't be fixed, change the ability - and do everyone a favor. There's got to be a better way.

Comments

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    reduce prism only up to 5-10 targets to be healed instead of 40 players in buff range.
    prism were meant for 5 man dungeon/skirmish runs.

here is my idea, Prism would only works if paladin are in the group, and prism wont work if others are not in paladin's group, less lag which i could believe.
    if paladin not in any group, and prism will fail.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    I think it will get a cooldown like Astral Seal. It seems to be the easiest fix to apply.
  • Options
    canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User

I think it will get a cooldown like Astral Seal. It seems to be the easiest fix to apply.

An easier fix to apply is to comment out the line in the code that flashes PRISM in your face every time it procs.
  • Options
    looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    canmann said:

An easier fix to apply is to comment out the line in the code that flashes PRISM in your face every time it procs.
    Thats just visual and - for sure - has nothing to do with the lag.
    Distribution of server/client communication must be limited, as already said with a cooldown or a limit in affected players.
  • Options
    laderlader Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    looomis said:

Distribution of server/client communication must be limited, as already said with a cooldown or a limit in affected players.

Dunno. remember the lag caused by the quest tracker
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    lader said:

looomis said:

Dunno. remember the lag caused by the quest tracker
    That wasn't lag, that was a client side fps issue. (presumably caused by poor coding in the UI element)
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    canmann said:

here's the issue. heal lands prism/oath procs. heal goes to 40 people. if any of those people have prism active or oath of bonding. it procs again, and again and again. turning off the text helps a little. but hundreds of tiny heals a second is server lag.

fixing prism alone wont do it. any heal cast with oath of bonding active will do the exact same thing. take away or put a cooldown on oath of bonding and you destroy dev pali's

the real fix is to flag the heals from prism/oath as non reflectable. that stops the cascade.