test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Community FAQ] Tips, Manuals, Tutorials, & Bugs

12345679»

Comments

• jacethewizjacethewiz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is the unable to correctly respec Author character bug listed here? I did not see it.
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This bug was posted by a member of the Cryptic Group (more info here) unfortunately he states, "I have no luck with trouble tickets. They keep blaming me for the issue and it is NEVER their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> software." If the shoe fits Cryptic...

This is what he and others in the Cryptic Group are NOT seeing;

11146327_1430034970632635_2811066663479326162_o.jpg

Where is the dialog? This is when you link something to appear or disappear on dialog prompt.

Any support on this matter is appreciated!

Danke
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sameriker wrote: »
    Where is the dialog? This is when you link something to appear or disappear on dialog prompt.

Yep - been that way since at least closed beta. Thought it was in my Current Verified Foundry Bugs List but I don't see it.

Add a bug report in the Bug Report forum and I'll add a link to my list.
  • idishaidisha Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Don't know if anyone's noticed but all of the guide links are broken.
  • gillrmn#2951 gillrmn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Hi,

I was working on foundry about 2-3 years back after which I became very busy. Though I had plans to start again, RL kept pulling me away and away from the game.

However, now I think I will be able to start with this again next year(been missing my PnP group for very long). So I wanted to check out the changes in foundry system - tutorials and stuff, which I can go through in my spare time. But none of the links in this post were working. And the forums and stuffs had changed so it was very overwhelming...

I will be very thankful if someone can post links for foundry tutorials again here - especially in what has changed in last two years. (Or let me know if it has not changed that much since that time and I can just start planning my quests and jump right in...)

Thanks
    Gill

EDIT:

p.s. Also, if there is anyway to recover old account in this new forum???
    Post edited by gillrmn#2951 on
  • dzaimsdzaims Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I just started working in the foundry.. neat stuff, and I have a couple cool story/quest ideas. I'm sure I'll eventually get hacked off about something, but I can live with it. They really should bring back daily foundry AD rewards, and allow better stuff in the end chest. Probably nothing that hasn't been begged for before, but I'm just adding my voice.

I'm working on quest dialog triggering NPCs to become hostile or vice versa..
    Ancient Spirits officer

NW-DM9Pj62ZK 'Bear with Me'
    NW-DOPPZAYKQ 'Retirement Plans'
    NW-DKJMLS8OQ 'Sleepy in Cea Tull'

• dzaimsdzaims Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Oh, and by the way, most of the tutorial links the OP posted are dead. Not terribly helpful for someone trying to learn the finer points of Foundry.
    Ancient Spirits officer

NW-DM9Pj62ZK 'Bear with Me'
    NW-DOPPZAYKQ 'Retirement Plans'
    NW-DKJMLS8OQ 'Sleepy in Cea Tull'

• gemstrikegemstrike Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Things might be a bit dead around here, but I figured I should get a valid link posted up for my tutorial series. Heads up, it had been a long time since I've updated them, but most of the information should be correct.

Gemstrike's Video Tutorials

Foundry Author! Check out @gemstrike to see my quests :)
    Want to make your own? Then watch my videos.
    New Videos
    Old Videos
  • slinkyalslinkyal Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Well, this thread is useless. All the links in the first post that point to Arc pages are dead.
    Play "Deed to My Soul" NW-DH713QG92
  • elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Currently the entire foundry editor has no objects, no rooms, no maps, no place markers on the overworld map and more... literally no content. But the foundry in game is back up?!
  • andrew12sandrew12s Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    The foundry editor is back up but still has AT LEAST several bugs. When first viewing a map, only a black background can be seen. I have to play the map first and then return to the foundry before I can see the base map. Also, the map transitions do not work. When testing the quest from the beginning, I get returned to the starting point. From my maps, the transition doors are non-functional at all. No sparkles or "press f to" prompts.

That was yesterday! Today I went back and the map backgrounds were showing up the way they should. However, the map transitions were still dis-functional. Also, the NPC transitions, where they are supposed to disappear, were not working.
    Post edited by andrew12s on
    It may not be perfect - YET - but loving Neverwinter's Foundry just the same.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    andrew12s said:

...snip...
    That was yesterday! Today I went back and the map backgrounds were showing up the way they should. However, the map transitions were still dis-functional. Also, the NPC transitions, where they are supposed to disappear, were not working.

The map transition bug has been around for awhile now, it was just mostly unnoticed since none of the other assets were available, very few people were messing about in the foundry. The NPC transitions that are broken for you must be ones tied to Disappear When (or Appear When) -> Objective Complete, as those do not work in the foundry 3D preview, but they do work correctly once published. Additionally, my editor crashes or logs out with a packet corruption error every time I try to duplicate a map or copy and paste a moderate number of assets from one map to another.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • andrew12sandrew12s Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Thank you essenti. Yes, that was what I was referring to, the Disappear when object complete. The last time I worked in the foundry they were working as well as the map transitions. It is senseless to try and publish anything when the transitions don't work and players are put back to the beginning when they try to play your quest. I am not sure what they have been doing while the foundry was down but they have introduced new bugs since the last time I worked in the foundry.

They need to do some more thorough debugging. It would also be nice if some devs kept us updated on what they were doing instead of leaving us wondering.
    It may not be perfect - YET - but loving Neverwinter's Foundry just the same.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ewanme999ewanme999 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Ah ha.
    I was trying to figure out what that issue was, its still going on?

Unless someone knows a way to fix the transition issue... Or if its specifically for test-run mode? Sorry, i've been facing this problem as well on my first custom quest :confounded:
  • simplyshawnsimplyshawn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    ewanme999 said:

Ah ha.

I was trying to figure out what that issue was, its still going on?

Unless someone knows a way to fix the transition issue... Or if its specifically for test-run mode? Sorry, i've been facing this problem as well on my first custom quest :confounded:

Hey, I see you posted this 10 days ago lol, but - there isn't a way to transition between maps in the 3D Editor right now, but they do work properly once the quest is published; same with the above mentioned appear-when/disappear-when connected to objectives bug.

Hopefully this will get fixed soon, but I hope it didn't discourage you from working on your quest. I did stop working on mine for a while because I didn't understand that everything worked once I published it. I just keep it published as a "work in progress" now, and I'd recommend it - because you can play your quest as your actual NWO character that way, and I find I get a better feel for the combat that way.
    "Just my thoughts I suppose."

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• luciano#9913 luciano Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Portuguese translation of the neverwinter has to be updated she is not translating many things
  • luciano#9913 luciano Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I'm having to translate everything in the browser that's hard to understand
  • strixblitz64#0785 strixblitz64 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    > @"luciano#9913" said:
    > Portuguese translation of the neverwinter has to be updated she is not translating many things

this thread is specific to the foundry which doesn't exist anymore. maybe post your issue in the PC general area?

esse segmento é específico da fundição que não existe mais. talvez postar seu problema na área geral do PC?

This discussion has been closed.