test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Local Editor

instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
You know.. the more I think about it, the more I would really like it if we had access to a local Foundry editor... we could get a lot of work done during maintenance (or if we're not near a reliable internet connection), as an example.. load times for playtesting maps would be negligible.. it just makes sense to have that sort of flexibility and ability.

I'd even be willing to drop a few buck$ for the privilege of having such a tool.

Okay, so I'm a little bored at the moment with the servers being down for maintenance.

Guess we could just add this to the growing list of "this would be really nice". :-)
header.png
"...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79

Comments

• Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Yep, all your foundries are in the same directory: \Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\Data\ns

So yeah, they could give us a "local editor", (they're only text files) but you know how things works here...
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    I'm surprised no one has come up with one on their own.

If I had ANY clue how to program something like that, I certainly would. Legit, of course.
    header.png
  • Options
    I'm not sure how a local (or "off-line") editor be any different than the one we have now. As @valcontar73 mentioned above, it's all just text files. I'm not a programmer (nor do I even play one on TV), but it would seem to me that the server can run a check on whatever uploaded content comes in, comparing it to the checksum (for a lack of better term) on existing assets.. if something is not right, doesn't match up, whatever, then the foundry (and author) gets flagged for review, and the quest doesn't go online until the review is completed...

Considering that basically, this is how it seems to be currently working.
    header.png