test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companions in pvp? this is the WORST mistake ever made.

trailoftears86trailoftears86 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
From many weeks companion's bonus are active in every type of pvp. This is the WORST mistake ever made. Unbalances everything that was BARELY balanced until now, and increases BY FAR the gap between new and p2w / exploited players.

You must know that people who EXPLOITED ADs already had those companions, so this is going to impact on the honest players. Most of the casual players haven't noticed this change, they got wrecked before and they got wrecked now so nothing is going to change for them, thanks to the pvp matchmaking (or simply, because no one queues for pvp anymore). That's why almost nobody is complaining about this on the forums. THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO SINK MORE ADs.

The actual PVP situation is worse than ever. 10-30 mins queue even when SOLO queuing, when going with a premade you will almost always run in solo players who just wanted to do dailies. There is no real challenge, it's boring as hell, it's really RARE to have a good match.

And now what?

You add this "change". Making us believe that this was a bug, wait for a fix.. Oh no wait, it was intended!

PVP players are disappointed and bored. PVE players have nothing to do except running the same 2-3 dungeons and the 400 influence for the stronghold. What's still to do in this game? What is fun anymore?

More and MORE players, old strong pvpers, are selling their accounts. Others are simply leaving. A bunch of players who still believe in this game were still playing even if bored as hell, just to help some new people in growing up the stronghold or to have some fun in TS with old friends. Let's wait for mod8, we were all saying.

Why do you need to disappoint those few remaining players with a totally UNNECESSARY alteration? Something that frustate most of the players and that DOES NOT HELP the current AD situation?

In addition THIS WAS MADE SILENTLY, without any mentioning in patch notes. A such important change made sneaky, why? That's not a detail, it's a real GAME CHANGER, to a even worse direction than now.

Trust me, we are not going to buy companions from ZEN store.

We are going to leave this game DEFINITIVELY.

Comments

• davejustdavedavejustdave Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Good rant, but technically it is not a mistake.
    And would not come anywhere close to making my list of the top ten biggest mistakes in NW.

Edit: Ignore me. I've just realised who you are.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    Enabling Companions in PVP: Lots of AD sunk into bonding/gear/enchants for PVP companions.

Disabling Companions in PVP: Balance

Funny cause devs originally had companions turned ON in strongholds, then after the cockatrice/chicken outcry they turned them OFF..

Dunno how they managed to get turned on for live.

They'll prolly let everyone upgrade/buy new PVP companions, then turn them off.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I know this issue is frustrating, and feedback should definitely be shared. I also know this is a sensitive issue, but let's please do our best to keep this topic as constructive as we can. No personal attacks, either on players or the developers. If you have a case to make, please make it without insults.

Thanks.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    https://media.giphy.com/media/BBkKEBJkmFbTG/giphy.gif

this is just a gif

you have right on everything and on a second note: if patch notes are not meant to note things...just not publish them.

• cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    Crypic strikes again, this is even worse than just having them turned on.

Am I supposed to use the unbound companions or should I sell them now hoping that they will take this out so dumb
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    To me the most frustrating thing is they do not publish honestly what they are doing, which goes back to the trust issue. Trust between players and the company is the hardest thing to establish and right now, its just not working.

who knows what they do week to week, they set up rules and tear them down at will (always was their prerogative) the players is to whether to play the game or move on or give money or not.

With such lackluster trust between the two groups, its hard to just throw out money at the moment to them.

This is going back since mod 6 really, but the ad removal didnt help, when it should've been highlighted with massive cost reductions across the board (that still hasn't HAPPENED) instead of just throwing out more distrust and abuse.

oh well..

• jokerswissjokerswiss Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    Fully agree with you guys... this made p2w players even more BIS then ever... i cannot kill GWFs at all, they root me or heal like crazy, Feytouched is bugged like hell (36% extra damage PLUS 18% extra damage resistance which you cannot break), marks of Stamina and AP... another nightmare... at least we know that is all managed by Devs, not the questions - if on purpose or not, and if not - when it will be fixed.
    PS: Maybe it's another "great strategy" to make sink AD from the market... let people with enough AD buy and upgrade companions, and they will disable these powers in next Mode...
  • dethvibdethvib Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    too bad i cant find someone quitting who has a spare horn :( ran elol over 1,800 times and haven't pulled it yet
  • trailoftears86trailoftears86 Member Posts: 5 Arc User

Good rant, but technically it is not a mistake.
    And would not come anywhere close to making my list of the top ten biggest mistakes in NW.

Edit: Ignore me. I've just realised who you are.

I really don't think you know me, it's my first post on the forums in almost 2 years of playing. Since you like lists, you can put this on your "personal mistakes" one :)

How can people state that this is not "technically" a mistake.. Companions have never been active in pvp before, and now this unbalanced EVERYTHING.

To me the most frustrating thing is they do not publish honestly what they are doing, which goes back to the trust issue. Trust between players and the company is the hardest thing to establish and right now, its just not working.

I completely agree with this.
  • trailoftears86trailoftears86 Member Posts: 5 Arc User

I know this issue is frustrating, and feedback should definitely be shared. I also know this is a sensitive issue, but let's please do our best to keep this topic as constructive as we can. No personal attacks, either on players or the developers. If you have a case to make, please make it without insults.

Thanks.

I really hope this thing will be treated like an "issue", and fixed soon. We are here for constructive discussions, but please, listen to us.

I say this to you because you are the only way of communication with devs.
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Hmmm thats why my GF was rooted by GWF (with ga...feyt) in last match GG...
    200_s.gif
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Seriously: With that change You will Only punish alll the normal/ Fair Players .

- AD Exploiters or Botters don't care about, they already have all what they need,
    and still massiv AD spare.

You Hurt casual players/ new players / Legit players / Players without endless cash / Player who actually enjoy the Game!, Their disadvantage is growing and growing-
    Post edited by xgrandz02 on
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    I may have to try PvP again.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    I don't think many people actually even notice the pets are active. I pointed it out to a few people asking what was going on because I saw my pet procs happening in DOmination, and everyone i spoke too was all "huh, what?"
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    Also I don't like it. It is an unannounced change that has a pretty major impact on this game mode.

Why is this undocumented? WTH
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    Trusting in the Devs are long gone with all this ninja stuff. But i bet they screwed up and dont know how to fix it back. Cus there is NO reason to take broken companions into a already unbalanced pvp (If the agenda isnt just to make money) But they are shooting themself with this, ppl will be playing pvp less then ever and in the end it will take forever to just get a match goin.

Have you (the devs) tested to even play a domination match with 40 active companions proccing at the same time? With OPs and SWs in the party? I bet they have not, the game freezes and inte not even playable with 1-20 fps.

My suggestion is that you remove companions asap from pvp (if you can) Implement a ELO that actually WORKS.
    Yes Quetime will be longer cus of the low playerbase, but when people realise that the game has a ELO that works, it will likly bring old and discourage players back to pvp. This might take some time, but in the long run ppl will play pvp again. As it is now i think the few ppl that play will not stick around for long.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    The people that don't notice it are the ones that were getting destroyed before. I am one of the few Guardian Fighters that have played since the beginning and still try and find some time to play in the midst of studying for my licensing exam. I'm not the best.. but I assure you anyone who is someone in pvp, has had a few good rounds with me at one point or another, so please listen....

I think to a lot of the vets, this was pretty much one of the last straws. The PVP community is a pretty small group. We are but a few guilds, granted, we are in some cases the best guilds at that. We do a lot for this server, I don't know a single member of my guild who hasn't opened their wallet.

We got our stronghold up 1st.. only to be called exploiters because your AP/Stamina glyphs were absolutely and insanely broken. But a lack of actually testing the content that gets spit out every mod is something us vets are used to.

But after not announcing that you are changing the entire pvp scoring system (which we like) - you then don't announce the one reason why IWD domination failed... Pets....

You think after all of the other bugs on things related to pvp... that introducing companions that you actually know very, very, verrrry little about how they actually interact into the game would be a positive?

- You do realize the reason dragons were down for an entire weekend was to fix a companion interaction.. Then down again to fix an enchant that no one uses -interaction then another for the way an armor set interacted or maybe that one didn't happen yet.. oops.. stop cheating.. Three things.. two of which took the only thing we had to do at the time down for a weekend...

Now.. you come into the one realm of the game that you have done a pretty good job of not interfering and letting the true competitors have their games... and muck it all up. Do you even realize what some of the active bonuses can do when stacked with certain feats/classes? I'll be upfront and say that was a rhetorical question...

- Common guys. The devs who were fired before you were not honest with us. They made no money, and took the #1 MMO of 2014 straight... down... the toilet. I really hope you guys can learn from their mistakes and stop repeating these. Again, if it is out of your hands and the cooperate money heads above you are making these calls, then I apologize for any rude and condescending tones/remarks I have taken or made. But if this is truly your doing. I just want you step back and ask... did you even have a clue what it would do? Or rather than ask that, admit that you didn't and ask if you even took the time to wonder...
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    I'm on the fence for it. I like the added customization ability of having companion abilities. but I also see the "unfairness" of it around some of the bonuses, especially things like pig / sylph / cockatrice / crab
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Tbh. I've been playing pvp a long time, since mod2, initially the arbitrary changes made me crazy, now I just roll with the punches.

If it's fun, play. If it's not, don't. All the toys I ever had broke in the end.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    One question: What is the goal of this company?
    Keep game alive and gain money or just close it asap and start new project?

Honest answer please !
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• bloodygeorgebloodygeorge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    I personally like the idea of active bonuses working in pvp. It gives me a reason to own them. Just nerf the super crazy ones to work once every 30 seconds etc.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    It's not that anything needs nerfed. If it is going to be like everything else in this game, quests,PVE,events, economy, it should be broken. Otherwise it wouldn't fit.

It just needs to NOT lag. Their engine/servers literally can't handle it.
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    It is only add another reason to not pvp. No balance no fun.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    They just should have made it official, so I could sell my cockatrices for millions.^^ Just kidding, I had 8 in my vault and I still was happy, when they claimed, that there would be no active companions in Stronghold PvP.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    remove from Pvp. the end.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I don't give a damn about PvP, it'll always be broke.
    I just hope pets aren't nerfed in PvE because of the PvP bickering.
    I paid alot for those things. Also in upgrades. I'd like to keep the buffs in PvE.
  • cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    I think companions bonus in pvp are great otherwise companions would be useless... At end game u Kill normal monsters by one skill if u are a striker class and companions summoned work at most as a lvl 60 character and companions are one of the most sold products of zen store that keeps the game online and they are items u equip them. So at least their active bonus must work in PVP. I would like u could even summon them.
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    Lol@ all whi think that pets in pvp are good or "bring variety".

Pets make pvp balance a complete joke… the little balance this game had left.
    Whoever thinks pet bonuses are good in pvp has NO CLUE what they are talking about … and btw. I have played pvp since beta with almost all classes on BiS niveau… yeah… I know better than you people… just saying

PETS IN PVP ARE A HORRIBLE IDEA!