test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Items with different binds filling up too much of my bag

leedskalninleedskalnin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
What's up with the Peridot?
Before, it was just a simple green peridot.
Now, there are three of them! In my bag! Full!
Why?! :worried:

They could at least make just two of them! Right?
One bound and the other not bound.

So frustrating...

Not to mention all the other stones... ugh... :'(

Comments

• Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Welcome to Neverwinter.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    *sigh*

I was just lamenting about this with another friend yesterday afternoon. I think if you total up all the Refinement related stones, and include all the possible BoP, BoA, unbound states, you have almost 200 different items.

I already thing the RP system isn't great to begin with, and even if they don't have the bandwidth to overhaul it, I would at least like to see these stones simplified.

Break down ALL the stone categories back into the basic gems: Pearl, Peridot, Sapphire, Aquamarine, Emerald, etc...

Remove artifact stones, thaumaturge stones and resonance stones. Eliminate labeling artifacts as power/union/stability.

Remove all the union, stability, power stones.

Keep two states. Everything is either unbound or bound to account. No more bound to character.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    davejustdavedavejustdave Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    For me, making everything BtA would be perfect but I'd settle for the ability to convert unbound and BtA stuff into BtC stuff so it will stack.
    If someone drags one stack onto another just prompt them with "warning, this will make them all bound" and then bind 'em if they confirm.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

*sigh*

I was just lamenting about this with another friend yesterday afternoon. I think if you total up all the Refinement related stones, and include all the possible BoP, BoA, unbound states, you have almost 200 different items.

I already thing the RP system isn't great to begin with, and even if they don't have the bandwidth to overhaul it, I would at least like to see these stones simplified.

Break down ALL the stone categories back into the basic gems: Pearl, Peridot, Sapphire, Aquamarine, Emerald, etc...

Remove artifact stones, thaumaturge stones and resonance stones. Eliminate labeling artifacts as power/union/stability.

Keep two states. Everything is either unbound or bound to account. No more bound to character.

Thaumaturge Stones and Resonance Stones really weren't needed and only added to the problem. Even Artifact Stones are bothersome in taking up much-needed bag space. Thaumaturge Stones cannot crit so why make something only really usable for enchantments and runestones when we already have Peridots, Aquamarines etc. Same goes for Resonance Stones. The original RP gems already serve that purpose as RP stones usable for anything. I do use Artifact Stones to refine my artifacts but I'd just as soon use enchantments, which can also crit. This part of the game needs to be simplified sooner rather than later.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    This is one of the most stupid things in the game. Just unbound ALL of it so we don't have 3x of every single one. Right now I DELTE the char/acc bound stuff since I don't have space.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    Character bound anything shouldn't exist
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Send them to twinks? Only keepin bound to char? Rest on twinks? Dunno what the problem is...
  • Options
    blinxon said:

Send them to twinks? Only keepin bound to char? Rest on twinks? Dunno what the problem is...

Even with five toons on one account accessing their bank space and all available bag space there is still too much RP stones clogging up my inventory. The problem is clear for all to see...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    It should be only BoA or unbound. I have moved tons of boa/unbound types of marks, rp etc to my alts... This is only way to make eq clear. :/
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User

*sigh*

This is a great idea and would really make inventory management so much easier.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    same, as i posted awhile ago, asking devs to stop making bloated stones with bound tags, all those grays and low tier greens shouldnt be bounded, since they are so cheap to get and already outgrown so fast. i ask for "universal" stone to reduce the clutters we have.

now we got a newer problem, with Superior marks.
    they were just added in recently.

suggestion was, remove "bound" on all white/greys and all greens.
    also, add them to alchemy, refine 5 green marks to get 1 blue mark, and then refine blues to purple, and so on, and higher tier we do, longer it take to complete.
    green to blue take 1 day, blue to purple 3-5 days, and if devs add, purple to orange to take 10-14 days timers, limited 1 task instead of standard "leadership" with 3 task format that we used, so it wont be able for "mass productions" tactics and random "rare timers".
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    They want to sell bag/bank slots. They make sure it can annoy you enough to either quit or pay up.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    only those "WW" (wallet warrior) whales can afford buying the bags, most of us knew this is cash grabs with cluttered marks, gems, and refinestones.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

The problem is clear for all to see...

Erm...nop. I dont see any problem. The unbound ones are for selling and the acc bound ones for twinks. And srly...you got so many acc bound rps that you got 5 toons full? mmmhhhh.....i thought the droprate was nerfed.
  • Options
    blinxon said:

lirithiel said:

Erm...nop. I dont see any problem. The unbound ones are for selling and the acc bound ones for twinks. And srly...you got so many acc bound rps that you got 5 toons full? mmmhhhh.....i thought the droprate was nerfed.
    You may already have full legendary/mythic gear, whereby you can afford to sell all your unbound RP or move to your alts for refining. Not me, I keep everything for the next double RP event and refine it all away then. That is what takes up all the space.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• Options
    mayorofartamayorofarta Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    And how exactly will you be forced to purchase more bags/bank space?
    I like all your suggestions, but I don't think the devs would agree. They feel the need to frustrate players.
  • Options
    fogtripperfogtripper Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I feel if this were a P&P campaign, the players would have sacked the DM and gotten someone new ages ago.
  • Options
    killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    i bought 1 runic bag of holding and that was only because it came from the stronghold pack.

so trying to force some of us to buy more bags wont work.

now just cut 50% of this refining stuff and condense it down. we dont need all this confusing stuff.
  • Options
    spookholiospookholio Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Developers, please look into this situation. It is a point of contention amongst the majority of the Player Base.

Thank you
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

i bought 1 runic bag of holding and that was only because it came from the stronghold pack.

so trying to force some of us to buy more bags wont work.

now just cut 50% of this refining stuff and condense it down. we dont need all this confusing stuff.

Damn! You have to say it works (even it may not be the case). If it does not "work", it means the dev will need to create more things to fill up the inventory bags.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    this is a clear case of "its intended"
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User

Developers, please look into this situation. It is a point of contention amongst the majority of the Player Base.

Thank you

They looked into it and decided you needed to buy that new orange bag for every bag slot and the best way to force this on players was to create an endless supply of junk that is just useful enough that you feel obligated to hoard it.
    blinxon said:

lirithiel said:

New guy, don't troll threads to discuss things you don't understand please. And the word you were looking for was "Mule" not "Twink".
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User

And how exactly will you be forced to purchase more bags/bank space?

Easy. give us stuff we WANT instead of what we NEED in order to fill our bags. RP can be put in 1 slot. Fashion, dyes, transmutes.. that's the kind of stuff I WANT to fill my bags with. Not 100 different RP stones and vouchers.
    I like the way this man thinks. :smiley:
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Vouchers and Stones are the real killers.. Total waste of space.. I lamented before, NO CHARACTER bound stones please, ACCOUNT bound and unbound only.

This has been a issue for far too long and it would be a NICE little thing to give back to players.

In addition, NO one, NO one uses RP until 2 xrp weekends. How about just do us all a favor and put it on permanently.. we are so tired of hoarding these things. Otherwise the cost of upgrading anything is too high anyways.

• Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User

I feel if this were a P&P campaign, the players would have sacked the DM and gotten someone new ages ago.

more likely the dm would be stripped naked, HAMSTER drawn on his face and ducttaped to a pole legs up

• Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I feel like we should just get rid of bagspace limitations entirely. Who's with me?!
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Yes this issue bothers me a lot because I have space issues and I have maxed out shared bank and bought more than a couple extra slots on characters. Bound to Character needs to disappear and change into BTA.
  • Options
    cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Hopping in to support the campaign to remove Bound to character items!

Can one of the mods or whoever have access to the developers/community managers ears raise this quickly to them.