test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trade Bars...save or use before the "rework"?

Comments

• nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    It isn't a coincidence that Trade Bars are being reworked now that a lot of people are getting more of them from Elite Status, so what do you think O.P? They are going to make it better? Or remove things like Coalescent Wards and add things like fluff?
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    They are not removing coal wards or increasing their price -- as Kreatyve posted a few minutes ago, there is a thread confirming that.
  • tyria501tyria501 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Grab every ward you can afford. The vast majority of changes to the game have been to the detriment of the players base. Especially if you do not or cannot afford to sink a lot money into the game.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    nimandiir said:

It isn't a coincidence that Trade Bars are being reworked now that a lot of people are getting more of them from Elite Status, so what do you think O.P? They are going to make it better? Or remove things like Coalescent Wards and add things like fluff?

I've read the other thread people are quoting.

It says they won't raise the price of Coal Wards. Fine, granted.

It doesn't say what they are doing though...What this boils down to is a basic lack of trust - hard earned, I might say. I'm quite jaded after both the Mod 6 nerf of all previous BiS gear and by the "Hey, we're slashing the price of GMoPs for you lucky people - oh wait, and we're also introducing these cool new SMoPs because... pay to win" flap.

So say I use my TBs for Coal wards now, only to find out when the preview comes out that, oh wait - NOW you need a SUPER Coal Ward (costs more, natch) to do rank 11/12 enchants (or something else equally devious). Then, screwed I am.

Based on said lack of trust, the only real constructive action I can see to take is to sit and wait, and see what they reveal in the preview...assuming they don't hold back "special" surprises for the mod's release (yay, surprises).

• hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I could see them changing coal wards to only have a 50% chance or less and putting in a new superior coalescent ward with a 100% chance for 1000 bars or such. Alternately they may restrict coal wards to certain ranks and put in the new ward. This is just based on how they seem to operate and as others have stated the overall lack of trust they have earned.
  • killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Ok, so Alex posted in another thread that Coal Wards will still be in the Tradebar Store and prices on them will not go up. So you can all rest easy about this. :D

\what post?
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User

kreatyve said:

Ok, so Alex posted in another thread that Coal Wards will still be in the Tradebar Store and prices on them will not go up. So you can all rest easy about this. :D

\what post?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/3mzo34/regarding_tarmalune_tradebar_store_rework/
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    At the very least, it's ill advised to buy coal wards now, unless you're going to use them and expect the usefulness of them will decline.
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    meanwhile they still havent finished rejiggering all the AD costs.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    I will do nothing. There is no need for panic. Let's just relax and wait and see. At least they seem to be wanting to inform us before the changes hit the live server.
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    hedgebet said:

I could see them changing coal wards to only have a 50% chance or less and putting in a new superior coalescent ward with a 100% chance for 1000 bars or such. Alternately they may restrict coal wards to certain ranks and put in the new ward. This is just based on how they seem to operate and as others have stated the overall lack of trust they have earned.

I got worried for a moment because i have few coalescent wards i bought from zen store. Somehow i see it possible because they may think they do too much "free" wards from bars.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• davejustdavedavejustdave Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Yeah, it's that trust thing again. We've seen a few times recently where we've been reassured about forthcoming changes and then seen the implementation of those changes be quite different to our expectations. The words of reassurance were not untrue but did not reveal the whole picture. Some examples:

1. Telling us that GMoP prices would be reduced but then introducing the SMoP as a higher tier.
    2. Telling us that Leadership removal from Gateway was temporary but failing to mention that when it returned it would no longer be worth running.
    3. Telling us that about plans to address the disparity in the XP earned in various place and then reducing it in the old places rather than boosting it in the new ones.

So, you'll have to forgive us when we see the Coal Ward reassurances and immediately wonder what we are not being told. A Superior or Greater coal ward would definitely fit the recent pattern of changes. Or maybe needing more than one ward for higher level upgrades?
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    That reddit post left alot to speculation.
    Any time I see the word "rework" I assume a nerf or the price is going up or effectiveness of a thing is going to diminish.
    I hope they don't add another tier or coal ward, because the price is too damn high already.
    But nothing shocks me anymore.
  • shadowspawn01shadowspawn01 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Tarmalune bars need to be made more available and easier to obtain. have the bars drop when killing things and dropped as rewards. even with vip, hardly get anything. I always see where other people get things, but I have never received anything good out of those crushing wave box. I am getting very tired of that.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Would be nice to see at least 10 TB per lockbox again per lockbox on a more frequent base...
    Or at least a higher number of TB, if you only got some blue junk from the lockbox, TB as "consolation prize" so to speak.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I think you should be able to buy lockbox big rewards with tarmalune bars. Bound to account.
    Other games use this method and you see some progress to your goal even if you have bad luck.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    rodandog said:

History shows that whatever they do it will not be entirely for the benefit of the players. It will mostly be for the benefits of the balance sheet. I'll probably hedge my bets by converting half into Coal Wards and keeping half in reserve. Maybe they'll just expand the TTB store to include a much wider range of stuff. Or maybe they'll revalue/devalue the stuff that is already in there which is bound to lead to some QQing on the forums from folks who stocked up on one thing or another.

I have to say that at present there is nothing worth buying in that store apart from the wards. I also have to say that it is something that should be very low on the list of dev priorities. It's a bit like deciding to upgrade the radio in a car that is missing a wheel.

Oli, the rework is mentioned in this dev blog. Not further details yet:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9572853-developer-blog:-underdark-features

You are correct, as they only look at things that will generate them more cash, they do not address game play issues in a timely mannor at all ever, also correct about there is nothing in this game worth paying for as its content is so far over priced with the changes they have made over time, but those changes are also because of the amount of players leaving this game an revenue is falling.What i see is Cryptic trying to squeeze ever dollar out of this game until it dies, which is also what i see with all the constant problems that are never addressed. The bugs and such just keep coming an old ones not delt with other then pidly HAMSTER like todays patch.
    Maybe their goal is to sell more VIP/keys by improving tradebar value? Given the way prices on everything in lockboxes dropped to half of what they were that's about the only way they could really add any value to lockboxes without changing droprates on items.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    With this company I fully expect the price to say the same as said, but it will now cost 200 NW quatloos, and we are slowly phasing out TTB and you can buy these lame 5 itmes with them! but the price stayed the same at 200!

I feel like with every coming hopeful I have to be wary of the genie who will twist the wish.
  • tyria501tyria501 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Not that I particularly like being a doomsayer, but they also said they would adjust life steal differently for the Scourge Warlock class which was build around the stat. And we all see how well they make good on their word.
  • blureelblureel Member Posts: 163 Arc User

Tarmalune bars need to be made more available and easier to obtain. have the bars drop when killing things and dropped as rewards. even with vip, hardly get anything. I always see where other people get things, but I have never received anything good out of those crushing wave box. I am getting very tired of that.

I have always considered and treated the Tarmalune Tradebars as something "special" for the "pay-to-play" players. The items in the Trade Bar merchant either helped the pay to play players do things faster or provided them items of distinction with the free to play players. The introduction of VIP has "opened" this up to the free to play players.

Cryptic is not changing this basic dichotomy of pay to play and free to play. So sadly, I don't believe the rework is going make benefiting the free to play players top priority over the pay to play players. And you will probably never see the trade bars drop anywhere else in the game unless direct purchasing (spending real money) is involved somehow.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

Massively premature

Is it just me or does that sound like a great guild name?

I'm saving my bars to see what's around the turn just up ahead. . .

I aim to misbehave
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Hard to say what to do. If bars can buy some new cool stuff, you are better to hold on to bars. If they are changing how wards work to make them less effective, you are better to buy wards and use them to upgrade things now.

Probably hoarding wards has no advantage.
  • shadowspawn01shadowspawn01 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    why can't I deposit my tarmalune bars in the bank for my other character to use also. for that matter, why can't we deposit astral diamonds in the bank? as long as it is under the same account, why not, they allow you to bank coins and stuff.
  • chambermancerchambermancer Member Posts: 63 Arc User

why can't I deposit my tarmalune bars in the bank for my other character to use also. for that matter, why can't we deposit astral diamonds in the bank? as long as it is under the same account, why not, they allow you to bank coins and stuff.

Don't know if you know this but you can use the AD exchange to transfer AD between toons on the same account. Just make a bid for zen at 100 AD per then log on to the other character and cancel it then collect the AD from the exchange.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2015
    kreatyve said:

I just want to corroborate the above, and I'd like to go one step further and state that there will not be a price increase on any items in the trade bar store. We can't say anything beyond that at this point, however, look for a blog post in the near future. We're excited to share the additions/changes coming to the store and plan to do so soon.

If they are changing how wards work to make them less effective, you are better to buy wards and use them to upgrade things now.

I just wanted to address this fear as well, seeing as stating that the price on wards will not go up does not directly address this. There are no plans to adjust the functionality of coalescent wards in Module 8.
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    asterdahl said:

kreatyve said:

I just want to corroborate the above, and I'd like to go one step further and state that there will not be a price increase on any items in the trade bar store. We can't say anything beyond that at this point, however, look for a blog post in the near future. We're excited to share the additions/changes coming to the store and plan to do so soon.

If they are changing how wards work to make them less effective, you are better to buy wards and use them to upgrade things now.

I just wanted to address this fear as well, seeing as stating that the price on wards will not go up does not directly address this. There are no plans to adjust the functionality of coalescent wards in Module 8.
    Thank you for the information, it is appreciated and reassuring. Realize we have valid reasons to be suspicious and as another hinted, the realization of much of what we are told lately it is like dealing with a wishmaker who will twist ones wish to be as negative for them as can be managed.

In fact I would put Rath Modar ahead in any issues of trust and integrity than the cryptic of late.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Because if you can't trust a guy who went ahead to help summon Tiamat, who CAN you trust?
  • goldmoon#5670 goldmoon Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    I still can't trust any words from devs.

I ll sell my cw as fast as I can
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    SHeesh, take off the tinfoil hats and remove your hands from the keyboards for a minute guys.
    1st thanks for the communication Asterdahl. I imagine logging on here and reading some of this can't be fun. I really do hope for more honest communication from you guys in the future.
    2nd I hope you can understand the nerdrage out here, while we may not have been technically lied to or deceived, a lot of the recent changes have seriously annoyed a large portion of the players and have been perceived, rightly or wrongly as a pure money grab, an attempt to kill the game or outright dishonesty.