test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

please allow us to remove profession enchantments (reinforcements) from gear

lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
edited September 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
some of the profession enchantments cost more then 200k to make or buy from AH. once used cant be removed and getting a new one for new gear will cost another 200k AD that's more then 400k AD! and by new economy standards this is an enormous amount of AD that many players just cant afford.

Edited title for clarity - Reinforcements aren't generally called enchantments.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Nevermind.
  • inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    I agree with this, I still have a mod 5 enhancement that I haven't used because armor went obsolete too quickly, and mod 6 armor took too long to obtain before SH armor came along, so my armor is obsolete again, I'm in a small guild so I highly doubt I will have a chance to use it before the next mod comes along and now if I was going to attach an enhancement that couldn't be removed I wouldn't want to attach one from mod 5, I'd want one from mod 6. So all in all making this enhancement was a big flop for me; too nice to use foolishly but too invested in to throw away.
  • wizardsleeves69wizardsleeves69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    They are meant to be sinks for the must-have-everything-bis players that have huge amounts of AD farmed from Leadership (and a lot still have the bulk of that AD still sitting around) so don't expect to see the price go down any time soon.
    A decapitated fighter always quits while he's a head.
  • relkindxrelkindx Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    How about let me put a different reinforcement kit on armor. Let me replace it.
  • lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User

They are meant to be sinks for the must-have-everything-bis players that have huge amounts of AD farmed from Leadership (and a lot still have the bulk of that AD still sitting around) so don't expect to see the price go down any time soon.

if this is true then it is a very unfair behavior by nw forwards new and not so well geared players. i think they should balance it.
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    200k for 200 stat points is very very expensive and should not be a goal for a new and not so well geared player.

They are other stuff which are a lot less expensive to start with.
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    I would suggest to lower the cost by half. In addition one needs to pay 25% of the AD cost to remove it.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

This is exactly what I was thinking.
    The SMoPs prices showed the BiS taxes are here to stay.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    yeee people keep requesting this !!!
    there is nothing that bothers me more
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    The item reinforcements were put in as a AD sink for those BIS freaks to spend AD on. And as a professions task to actually build something that other plays would really want or use. The cost sink isn't all one way if the OP wasn't aware of this. To actually make the reinforcement you got to sink actual AD into the item itself as part of the materials, then you have to use materials that are either rare/semi-rare. Factor also into that the crafter sinking all the effort and costs to actually get the skill that high enough to manufacture the item.

The current costs of the reinforcements do truly reflect the actual costs associated to crating it, it's not some greedy crafter getting filthy rich. With the new AD earning rates they really need to revisit ALL the former AD sinks, crafting professions included! and remove them.

I like the OP idea to make them removable and reapplied. The BIS are still going to BIS and buy them and heavily invest/spend. The little guy, who a reinforcement is a huge investment for, could, if reapplication was available, would buy it and not be so concerned about it, that if his gear improves and he needs to re-slot he can do so without throwing all those AD down a rabbit hole. The BIS crowd will always be chasing the better stat item so will be sinking the AD without regards to the cost.

I don't know if it is even possible, but maybe make the old and outgrown reinforcements un-slotable and unbound, then the "old" and outgrown reinforcements can be legacied or resold to make them affordable for the little guy. Just a thought.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    GOOD IDEA! IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL. We could treat reinforcements like enchanting gems
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    Agreed, way too much
    It would be great if the price came down on these right now they are way too expensive when compared to the price of enchantments, but that isn't what he was asking for, he just wants to be able remove and reuse the ones he has which I think is reasonable, if not its just another useless crafting item that only makes sense for maxed our characters
    Sorry meant to say maxed out characters
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    Just to give you an idea what a crafter goes through: L25 mail smith recipe /Major power armor kit= +200 power
    Cost in materials:
    rank 3+ mail smith person + tongs
    2x unified elements=2x +22k= `44,000AD
    10 adamant rings and scales= 8h for the adamant +8h for the ring and scales to self farm
    1 dragon egg= +60,000AD
    +
    100,000AD
    current AH costs plus fixed = 204,000AD
    +1/d time frame
    So they have to invest 204kAD and 1 day and 16 hours to make 1 +200power reinforcement. That doesn't factor all the time to get the profession to L25, nor all the materials or AD or gold/AD spent on tools.
    For that type of material, time and effort and AD sunk into the whole thing, from the crafters standpoint, we too wish they were un-slotable.
    We could never out produce demand, the market is already deflated, if they were inter-changable maybe more players would invest in them, buy what we make, best of all, maybe at or a tad more than we had to pour into it.

• kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    mattsacre said:

Just to give you an idea what a crafter goes through: L25 mail smith recipe /Major power armor kit= +200 power
    Cost in materials:
    10 adamant rings and scales= 8h for the adamant +8h for the ring and scales to self farm
    1 dragon egg= +60,000AD
    +
    100,000AD
    +1/d time frame
    So they have to invest 204kAD and 1 day and 16 hours to make 1 +200power reinforcement...

Your assessment assumes all of the materials are purchased. Other than the AD, all can be earned through various quests and / or professions grinding (if you are above level 60 and can access the Drowned Shore, etc).

That said, totally agree about the cost - $100k to make ONE major kit, with the nerf to AD earning ability, is stupid. But then again, a lot of the economic system in NWN is stupid right now because of that nerf.

But be careful what you wish for - we complained about the cost of GMoPs, so they gave us SMoPs, like that makes it all totally better.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2015

On the other hand, in Mod 5 I remember buying reinforced armor. I guess that was before the locked all armors down? So, as originaly conceived, you could still get some of the value back?
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited September 2015

The argument of some people still having tons of AD can be brought up for anything buyable with AD. So while valid I don't think it really counts, especially since they just reduced prices of marks of potency. That move proves that they are willing to reduce prices.

• fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User

But be careful what you wish for - we complained about the cost of GMoPs, so they gave us SMoPs, like that makes it all totally better.

Well, it made upgrading enchantments and artifacts cheaper, didn't it?
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    @strumslinger

can you pls share this wish with the dev?
    we already know a new mod is coming with new stuffs and new gear and this is how its bound to continue in the years.
    wasting 810k ad every 3 months for something not unslottable its not nice at all
  • sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    I make the green 1's now & hand them out to Guildings to use on their kit [no use having a Grandmaster sat on his backside] - some hoard for the next item of kit some use straightaway - some don't seem to know what to do with them, but the market has died for them as no-one is really spending AD at the moment & as has been highlighted further up the thread the actual cost to create them isn't small either - I offer Guildings to provide me with the construction requirements but there aren't many takers as Dragon Eggs [eggses precious] for a start don't grow on trees!

It would be nice if we could have reinforcements or something similar to apply to underclothes as making those keeps my other Grandmasters busy :)

!HuzzaH!

..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User

mattsacre said:

Cost in materials:
    1 dragon egg= +60,000AD
    +
    100,000AD
    +1/d time frame
    So they have to invest 204kAD and 1 day and 16 hours to make 1 +200power reinforcement...

Your assessment assumes all of the materials are purchased. Other than the AD, all can be earned through various quests and / or professions grinding (if you are above level 60 and can access the Drowned Shore, etc).

That said, totally agree about the cost - $100k to make ONE major kit, with the nerf to AD earning ability, is stupid. But then again, a lot of the economic system in NWN is stupid right now because of that nerf.

Nothing is free, no matter how you obtained it. You can still sell those items so they have an intrinsic cost that you have to factor into the overall production cost.
  • relkindxrelkindx Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I don't need to take out the reinforcement, I just want to overwrite an existing one. At lease let me do that.