test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GMoP from enchanted coffers: droprate ?

2»

Comments

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, perhaps it is better to save a lot of coffers, and then open them all at once... instead of opening them, when you get them.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    I've gotten 2 GMOPs so far, 1 from old enchanted coffers that I saved up, and 1 from the new ones, which I only had 3 on that char.

Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I copied one of my characters to the test server until I had about 1500 enchanted coffers. After opening them all I walked off with about 15 Marks of Potency and 1 Greater Mark of Potency.

I'm guessing that the drop rate is somewhere in the vicinity of 0.1%. (Thx to therealairhead for correcting my late night maths)
    Post edited by archangelzorak01 on
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• therealairheadtherealairhead Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    .01% is 1/10,000. I think u mean 0.1%, 1 out of a 1000 would be good guess maybe?

(pulling out calculator, and comparing for the fun of it)
    - before ad-nerf, 20 toons making 10k/day, 200k/day. 2.5 days to get a gmop at 500k ad price, no chance involved.
    - farming coffers. 20 toons getting 3 coffers/day, 60 coffers/day, 16 days to get 1000 coffers, netting 1 gmop currently at 25k ad price per 16 days (on average). OR of course just run the same dungeon/skirmish over and over till your brain hurts, get 24k ad, and buy the gmop. cryptic just doesn't want anyone doing professions I think...

(question: unless of course there are two activities that make the drop coffers, are there? if so, then 8 days to get 1k coffers)
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    For one, you can easily get 12 coffers a day per toon, especially since you can reset professions on Gateway again.

And GMoPs are also dropping from the arcane coffers in the DR lairs.
  • ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User

I exactly opened 3000 coffers:

39x Mark of Potency

5x Greater Mark of Potency

3x Unified Elements

Chances are definitely low ;)

Ty man for info :)
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    edited September 2015

I exactly opened 3000 coffers:

39x Mark of Potency
    5x Greater Mark of Potency
    3x Unified Elements

Chances are definitely low ;)

Thanks @xsayajinx1 for your efforts!

That confirms what I thought: the drop rate of GMoPs is roughly equal to the chance for Unified Elements.

• deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    A fraction of a fraction of 1 percent. So not shocked...

• kromrylkromryl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    wylonus said:

time for resharpening pitchforks and keep torches hotter?

Would not be needed if there was constant communication with their player base...

The only thing constant is the silence.

The devs have never revealed drop rates for items -- and neither do devs in most MMOs I have played.

Even with "constant communication" that information would not be forthcoming.
  • kromrylkromryl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I'm not asking for the drop rate; we are starving for proper attention so we can begin to trust such issues.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    I got a GMoP from Dread Ring last night and a guild mate got a SMoP from there.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

I got a GMoP from Dread Ring last night and a guild mate got a SMoP from there.

Confirmed. I did something like 10-20 DR (in total) runs with my chars and got 1 GMoP and 1 SMoP. Either RNG loves me (this would be new) or it is just more effectiv to run DR dailies, than hope for a drop from leadership.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Only a few MoPs this far, no GMoP drop, but i got my first Unified Element drop from an Enchanted Coffer today.
    Running daily DR lairs at the moment, even using the Star Metal Gauntlets from the Sack of Thayan Riches, but nothing of value from the chests this far.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!