test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A few PvP suggestions

therealairheadtherealairhead Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
edited September 2015 in PvP Discussion
Just a few ideas, probably not new, I don't know. I have toons that are almost 70 in every class, but with all the RP required to really play them, they just sit around invoking/professions. I thought how different the classes play was one of the strong points of your game. Of course, if I take any of these toons into a pvp match I will get waxed. Here's a couple of ideas for you guys that will motivate me to:
  • level them to 70, maybe play them more.
  • give me something to do, learn, research, etc.
1. Dueling. If you don't want people dropping 'duel banners' anywhere in the world (aka WoW), then create a 1v1 arena that requires a group of 2 to enter it. Then I could try class X against class Y with a friend/guildie, and learn all the classes better.

2. Some kind of dom mode where all players are somehow set to the same item level. This would be more dev-work I'm sure. For example, all artifacts and artifact equipment set to legendary, all enchantment stones set to some equal rank (10 for example). All equipment/artifacts/enchants stay the same as what the person goes in with. Then we just play. See how class x and class y work together etc. Also could change enchants/equipment a little bit and see how that plays out. Could even do 2v2, 3v3, etc.

No rewards, just learning/playing, so you don't have to worry about bots (which seems to be your main focus lately). Just experimenting/learning, which is one of the bigger reasons I play these kinds of games.

Comments

• therealairheadtherealairhead Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    @mods, thx for moving my thread to the closet. The post was not so much about PvP, as it was some ideas on finding something to do in your game with all these cant-play-em-because-of-your-insane-rp-requirement toons. I know the devs never read this stuff; I was actually more curious what other players would think about these ideas (will never know now I guess). And I suppose I should not use YOUR forums to satisfy my personal curiosity, my mistake.
  • therealairheadtherealairhead Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    yes, strongholds would have been a great place for it... duh. Throw down a dueling banner in the stronghold, work on stuff, voip chat... nice.

I don't mind pvp not being fair; I would just like 'adding' some new game mode that would let us experiment with different tactics in a 2v2 or 3v3 fight kind of thing, to at least learn to be the best I can be, coming up with strats that I could use in a dom match. Like it's my TR and a CW is with me, we got a DC and GWF coming towards us, switch skill x for y maybe, then do it. stuff like that. I just think it would be fun to experiment and figure stuff like that out. Not really possible in a real pvp match, because some super-geared person just simply wins, irregardless of strats/timing. In other words, if you are way under-geared, everything you try fails, and it's practically impossible to get even one toon geared, let alone one for every class.

The combat in this game is NICE, smooth, good movement, etc. How do I get better? How do I get my timing down against class x or y etc? And with a class-z with me, what should I do different? Tons of things to explore and figure out.

It really bugs me that these devs are so obsessed with economy and squeezing every dime they can; it's not really a game anymore. They should LEVERAGE the good parts of the game:
    - classes are different and interesting, combat is good. So let me experiment with all of them, figure out how to play them, etc.
    - foundry could be worked to create tons of new pve content if done in combination with devs, making it worthwhile, etc. Couldn't it get to where we have a new dungeon/quest every week?

well, I've talked myself into depression... (back to witcher-3)