test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Select "Visiblity" Dropdowns

tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
Suddenly, the dropdowns for Appear When and Disappear When do not open up to allow me to select an option.

If I click on them excessively, the selection will sometimes change to Component Complete. However, when that happens, I'm unable to change the state again.

Is this a known issue? Is there a work-around?
Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min

Comments

• reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    how many assets do you have on that map? I know that sometimes those menus start malfuncioning once you go over 1500 assets per map.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    reiwulf said:

how many assets do you have on that map? I know that sometimes those menus start malfuncioning once you go over 1500 assets per map.

I do have quite a few. I'll look into deleting less necessary ones.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    When this happens, I click on a drop down, and then use the up and down arrow to cycle through the selections, hitting the ENTER key to choose one when I am on the selection I want. This interface bug happens when you have a lot of assets 1500+ or a lot of links and triggers on assets. Most of my maps are at one or both of these limitations, so I often have to use the arrow keys to cycle through drop down selections. Another way to avoid the UI bug is to do more editing while in the 3D preview mode, as this doesn't seem to suffer the UI bug for me.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2