test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We need Tenacity armor kits!

santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
I went through the list of armor kits and jewels looking for this and was honestly surprised not to find them. I want to upgrade to Dragonflight armor because it is clearly superior, with a big, fat crit bonus in the middle. But I play PVP so I need the mystical, invisible tenacity stat to survive. Lionsmane doesn't really come close--though it's better than Burning.

So why can't we get armor or jewel kits to add to the armor, and infuse it with the warm, mesmerizing magic of "tenacity"?

Comments

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I know, I know. I could buy both at only twice the price and maybe get doubles of r10-12 enchants since they are so cheap now. And an additional armor enchant, and....
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    I would rather see Tenacity removed completely.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    If you can simply add tenacity armor kits onto PvE gear, then what's the point of having PvP gear that are designed to have less offensive stats?

I also agree to remove tenacity, PvP was more fun back then when people could wear whatever gear they wanted and still be competitive.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    You want to go back to getting 1shotted by everything again? Really? It is supposed to be a pvp match not a quick-draw shooting gallery. If you remove tenacity then we all need a half million HP like PvE adds or there is no "combat" just slaughter. Tenacity is working fine and only needs minor tweaks.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Yeah, instead tena we need difference in skills working for PvE and PvP. This will stop unbalanced class madness...
    200_s.gif
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Its not working fine when a critical hit does less damage than a not crit hit.
    edited September 2015
    I'm not a fan of tenacity but I don't think they are going to remove it from the game. Perhaps the kits could only be stackable with themselves, so that if your equipment had 1K tenacity and you had 2K tenacity kits, you would still only have 2K tenacity. Also, you are blowing your armor kits on tenacity, keeping you from stacking yet something else--be it crit, armpen, hp, whatever.

Personally I would like to see the arena provide 2k tenacity and have the stat removed from equipment. I definitely think there should be a limit to how much tenacity you should have. If they had tenacity armor kits, I would definitely want an upper limit imposed. Sorry I didn't add that to the original post.

More Tenacity?

Just deleted Tenacity = a lot problems solved!

OK. I can agree with that. I don't like the current system. Without tenacity people can get 1-shotted, but with stackable tenacity too many people are immortal.

It distorts gameplay ALOT. Such as squishy CW w/shield being immortal, etc. If they have a POWER of shield on tab, why do they also need tenacity?

I'm not against tenacity per se. But it should be used to balance power and classes. So if a skill overperforms in PvP, it can get a tenacity penalty and the reverse. Not as something people can stack into infinity.

Absolutely agree that the amount of tenacity has to be kept in check. The idea is to have a way to add tenacity to normal gear for lazy people like me who do not want to keep multiple sets of armor, or change out 10-20 enchants to do DAILY PVP. And still have a top flight suit for dungeons, etc.

They could make the kits not stackable with existing tenacity, not available for use with existing tenacity stat on piece of gear, etc. My preference is to add 2K to arena and take it off gears altogether--so everyone has a level playing field. I think that tenacity should be there to slow the kill rate, not provide advantages. You have armpen, crit, etc. for that.

Stacking or not, I wouldn't pay 100k for 100 tenacity (if they even gave that much) on gear I'll be replacing within 2 months anyway.

There are better ways to level the playing field. Splitting premades from the PuG queue so the PvP guilds can fight among themselves without being bothered (and bothering) the lower geared players would be a much better and longer lasting solution.

Agreed. They should do that too. Absolutely.
  • sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User

We need to REMOVE tenacity from the game completely.

+100
    X1000^1000
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    Just remove tenacity from gear and give it natively. As long as the 'pvp' gear has diff stats, it will still be useful.
    cjh1983 said:

Just remove tenacity from gear and give it natively. As long as the 'pvp' gear has diff stats, it will still be useful.

I thought they could change the tenacity stat on gear to either more defense or more deflect, to keep it in ine with its original intention--to keep the wearer safe. Whether they do away with tenacity or give everyone equal tenacity. Should that ever happen!

I know I don't like it as a stackable stat--something mystical that makes no further sense in the game.
  • cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    I hate tenacity too !!
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Give everyone base tenacity stats without any gear.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• deathdealerseradeathdealersera Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Since most folks are finding this tenacity stat a problem (which constitutes the new players or players shifting towards PvP).

The reasons for which I believe Tenacity should not be removed from the game:

1). Adds an additional Layer of Defense (or DR in general), which is highly required for survival.
    2). Tenacity is a stat that you earn from your Gear. PvP has always been in every game a content where you have to make a name for yourself (atleast to a certain extent). If base tenacity was provided, it would provide Equal grounds to all, with no way of balancing out stats in-terms of DPS/Defense.
    3). The recent Node changes, cannot allow for such a huge change towards Tenacity. If a node is captured it must be held by equal number of People as compared to opponent team members on the team. To hold it you need this extra (EARNED) tenacity.
    4). PvP is one area where you cannot be 100% Pay-2-Win. The gear requires 100% farming and getting something beneficial out of it like Tenacity is WORTH the freaking Pain-in-the-HAMSTER effort.

TR + HR + OP + SW
    Nikostratos

You make no sense. Tenacity should not being totally removed as stat but

it makes no sense to have critical hits hitting less then normal hit....whats that?? A critical chit???

Base tenacity greater than now should be granted to everyone and a way bigger diminuished return on tenacity as stat should be introduced. I mean really it takes 2 weeks of playing at 4.2k gs to literally see whats broken and whats not
    And just to clarify: paladins are broken, hr stuns are broken, shocking and piercing are broken, lifesteal is broken, gwf and gf damage are broken, feytouch is broken, astral shield is broken, sw heals are broken, tenacoty is broken. I dont want to play in a game where who most effectly use their broken things wins
    Why are you basing your reasoning behind a Critical Hit? You have the Lostmauth Set and that does additional DMG everytime you crit. Its a fair trade. Crit dmg otherwise would be OP and is currently unbalanced because of Lostmauth procs. You and I both know it to be true.

TR + HR + OP + SW
    Nikostratos

No. It still makes no sense. Gwf procs of lostmauth are out control cause of dage multiplier. Lostamuth needs fixes like tenacity. No all players pf all classes have to feel the need of a lostmauth set
    The need for Lostmauth set and GWF being ultra high DPS because of damage multiplier is the causing this need for Crit Resistance.

I hope they do fix it to work properly. But everyone running Fey-touched + crit build is HAMSTER. You are already reducing the enemy's damage by 18% and buffing up your own damage by 18%, dont forget the AoE attack as well. And that buff acting on your crit, its HAMSTER. Even doing the math would just prove the fact that the DPS is large. Sure it needs a fix but it does not at all mean that tenacity must be removed or base should be increased for players.

Earn it and play with it. Live with the damn gear. It is going be obsolete soon. So suck it up and live with it. The devs will take there time since even they need to test it out (even though the results are not satisfactory).

And dont forget your Survival (if you are crit build) is coming from that Tenacity.

TR + HR + OP + SW
    Nikostratos