test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SMOP dropped - Location Location!

icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
edited September 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
First DR run after the new patch, R&G god smiled on me for once! :>

Using: Adamantine Gauntlet

icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)

Comments

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    And my adamantine gauntlet drops nothing but rank 5s and lesser artifact stones : |
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Keep in mind that these are probably a bugged drop. They messed up the loot table on these and instead of the "proper" mark of the day dropping, it pulls from the entire loot table of marks.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    sm0ld3r said:

Keep in mind that these are probably a bugged drop. They messed up the loot table on these and instead of the "proper" mark of the day dropping, it pulls from the entire loot table of marks.

No, you're mixing up two things. Items from the arcane coffer (that you use a gauntlet with) are supposed to drop various marks of potency -- and they do, from the posts above.

The main chest is where you get a mark of union/power/stability. This is where the bug is: PF doesn't always drop union, DS doesn't always drop power, but it seems like DF always drops stability (at least for me).

If you get a green or blue mark, that is WAI -- they purposely let green/blue/purple marks drop in the last chest, but at some point after the start of Mod 6 they messed up on the type of mark dropping.

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    I got a GMOP there, too.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited September 2015

sm0ld3r said:

No, you're mixing up two things. Items from the arcane coffer (that you use a gauntlet with) are supposed to drop various marks of potency -- and they do, from the posts above.

The main chest is where you get a mark of union/power/stability. This is where the bug is: PF doesn't always drop union, DS doesn't always drop power, but it seems like DF always drops stability (at least for me).

If you get a green or blue mark, that is WAI -- they purposely let green/blue/purple marks drop in the last chest, but at some point after the start of Mod 6 they messed up on the type of mark dropping.

Actually that isn't a bug. Ever since mod 6, you are not guaranteed a Greater Mark of (insert type). You are guaranteed a green/blue/purple mark of union/power/stability. It can be any of those. The quest text from Sgt. Knox simply has not been changed to reflect this.
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    it's a special feature they forgot to mention during mod 6 launch and never bother to inform the user base nor change the quest text like many other places.

I think the developer loved film Forrest Gump so much that they decided to incorporate the "Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're gonna get" into their code.