test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best enchantament for Guardian Fighter

hicmphicmp Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
hi guys !! I am new to the game, but I'm always searching the forum to take my doubts. Was wondering if you could help me, please! I will build a guardian warrior focused on PVP only then when reach the level 70 I'm going to do PVE

01 - What is the best enchantment for PVP:
Plague of fire
Terror
Vorpal.

02 - What is the best enchantment for PVE:
Plague of fire
Terror
Vorpal

I'm going to try to build according to the enchantament

Thank you for your help.

PS: Sorry for my English
Post edited by hicmp on

Comments

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

Terror PVE, Feytouched PVP.

Vorpal is simply stupid.

What's wrong with Vorpal? You want to have a high Crit Chance for it. Especially when mixed with the Lostmauth set.

General consensus seems to be Terror for a hybrid PVE/PVP. Feytouched for a pure PVP build. I unfortunately ranked up Vorpal some time ago. I still think it is very good, myself.
  • Options
    hicmphicmp Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    So if I buy terror and use for both PVP and PVE will not be so bad :)

Thanks for the help guys,
    The comment helped me a lot. :)

• Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

What's wrong with Vorpal? You want to have a high Crit Chance for it. Especially when mixed with the Lostmauth set.

Last time I played GF (many modules ago) their damage was rather weak. You are better off debuffing targets to increase party DPS than trying to increase your weak personal DPS with a Vorpal.

Having said that, Vorpal is a good PVE choice for most other classes. If you level up an alt, give it the Vorpal. Otherwise you can sell/trade it. It has very good value in the game, just not for a GF.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    pve - fey
    pvp - fey

gl
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options

Last time I played GF (many modules ago) their damage was rather weak. You are better off debuffing targets to increase party DPS than trying to increase your weak personal DPS with a Vorpal.

Having said that, Vorpal is a good PVE choice for most other classes. If you level up an alt, give it the Vorpal. Otherwise you can sell/trade it. It has very good value in the game, just not for a GF.

Thanks for the advice. I'm finding that out now, as I've brought up a GWF and switched mains. That GF now has a Perfect Terror and the GWF is running with the T Vorpal. His crit chance is getting very close to 50 percent.
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Enchantments for GF also depends on your build.Debuff enchantments are the best(Terror or Plague) if you go buffer/high defense build.80% party DPS buff with ITF/Debuff from enchantment nearly makes that you double your parties DPS.Fey is better if you go soloplay/personal DPS or PVP build
  • Options
    dsn1118 said:

Enchantments for GF also depends on your build.Debuff enchantments are the best(Terror or Plague) if you go buffer/high defense build.80% party DPS buff with ITF/Debuff from enchantment nearly makes that you double your parties DPS.Fey is better if you go soloplay/personal DPS or PVP build

That makes sense. I never really understood why Feytouched wasn't generally recommended for PVE.
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    Plaguefire is cheap, useful in PVE, and you don't need to bother upgrading it to trans.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2015

i am most sure that Vorpal is the best enchant for my build. (conqueror with 6500 critical strike plus +10% critical chance from conqueror capstone.)

Edit: so i stay around 40% critical chance most of the time, is 40% enough for justify a Vorpal?

with ~40% crit chance and a perf+ vorpal you're buffing your dps by 20%. unless your team is significantly under your il they'll outdps you still.

personally i run pfire on my tank. 45% defense reduction makes dungeons go much faster. i run terror on my cleric because she doesnt attack as often so the 1 time hit from terror makes more sense. and my tr runs vorpal. cuz 60% crit + vorpal + lostmauth puts out nice damage.

if your still looking for dps for a tank, i'd recommend feytouched. while its not quite as good as vorpal in the dps department it's a nice debuff on incoming damage. which helps the rest of the team.

OH and i am using a bronzewood, does it suck too bad?

yes, just about everything out performs bronzwood

at T level bronzewood
    targets struck by your encounter powers become marked. While marked, your at will and encounter powers ignore 16% of the target's armor. You and your allies also do 5% more damage and target's that are marked also do 10% less damage to you. The duration of the Mark is 10 seconds and it has a 20 second cooldown.

so its a 5% boost for the team. and you get a marginal 16% arpen. half of the time.

where as Pure pfire (still fairly cheap)
    You deal an additional 12% of weapon damage as Fire damage with your powers. Additionally you burn your foe for 5% of weapon damage as Fire damage every 1 seconds for 3 seconds and induce terror in your foe, reducing their Defense by 15% and Power by 5%. This effect stacks up to 3 times.

for 45% defense and 15% power reduction for the target. all the time. even perf without the power reduction is better dps.

• Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    deleted dup
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

pve - fey
    pvp - fey

gl

Nop. pve-terror or plague.

gl

• Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    What makes Feytouched better at PvP than Terror?

The damage increase and decrease seems to be rather mild in contrast to the Terror's 40% reduction to defense and power.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

Also debuff isn't high (no debuff at all until Pure).

Debuff bugged since we can make pure/trans. Or did they fixed it?
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

It's very hard for a GF to reach 40% Crit Chance

It is. GF only has a basic increase crit by 1/2/3% feat.

It's possible, albeit, temporary, to get crit chance up to 40% with the conqueror capstone.
    2% crit chance, stacks 5 times so +10%. Still need a base of 30%.

Not sure if it's worth it though, because GF attacks are super-slow.
    I'd rather go with recovery because GF at-will DPS is very low, but has respectable encounters (anvil of doom).

P.S. I roll a lifedrinker. Yeah, it sucks, but I've had it forever and just kept feeding out of habit.

• Options
    xeezertxeezert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    deathbeez said:

It's very hard for a GF to reach 40% Crit Chance

It is. GF only has a basic increase crit by 1/2/3% feat.

It's possible, albeit, temporary, to get crit chance up to 40% with the conqueror capstone.
    2% crit chance, stacks 5 times so +10%. Still need a base of 30%.

Not sure if it's worth it though, because GF attacks are super-slow.
    I'd rather go with recovery because GF at-will DPS is very low, but has respectable encounters (anvil of doom).

P.S. I roll a lifedrinker. Yeah, it sucks, but I've had it forever and just kept feeding out of habit.
    I use lifedrinker currently although I've tried terror and plague but between other alts with needs and the initial state of tanking for mod 6 my GF has been in a semi-active state so he gets the leftovers.

I'll probably go back to plague at some point tho. Something about the dots seemed more satisfying than using a terror imo.
    Dragons are ruining my life.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    PvE: pure plaguefire
    PvP: transcendant feytouched (but also good in pve)

Check my GF guide in my signature, it has more indepth on weapon enchants for GFs, and why some are better than others.

terror really isn't so good, as people seem to make it out to be. the debuff even in pvp isn't going to be that satisfying. most people run around with 6k defense. which would give you about 6% more DR. bronzewood would be better for burst damage.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".