test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Double Guild marks, does that mean doubling the cap too?

grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
Double Guild Mark weekend starting Sept. 24th. Does that mean Doubling the cap too.

Most of the people I know have close to the cap now which means this may end up a "Skip doing Stronghold Weekend because there is no profit" weekend.

Comments

• fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    Why don't you use your guild marks to buy and salvage equipment? Nice way to make some additional AD.

• rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User

Why don't you use your guild marks to buy and salvage equipment? Nice way to make some additional AD.

This. I've been capped on guild marks for weeks, I buy equipment for my alts, or salvage it, or throw it in the coffer if I really have to. It's not like you can't make a profit on 2xGM just because you're capped.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

This. I've been capped on guild marks for weeks, I buy equipment for my alts, or salvage it, or throw it in the coffer if I really have to. It's not like you can't make a profit on 2xGM just because you're capped.
    Small guilds can't buy and salvage yet.
    Thus it is completely useless to a large part of the playing community.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I already hold a tremendous amount of excess marks in my bags. There is no where to put them and it would be stupid to discard them... if we could.

This would be helpful in a year from now, when the requirements for these currencies is much higher. Right now this will just upset more and more people. Some of the requirements to level the SH are just too high, unless you have 40 or 50 active accounts in your guild. Not to mention the Glass Ceiling on the coffers limits is ridiculous.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I will probably have to have a moratorium on donating anything during this event, because I can't actually use that much cod or orc slayer marks.

Sorry devs, but having this one right now is a pretty bad idea. Some guilds have been able to ramp up their structure building very effectively (and kudos to them), but I think most of us are getting tired just thinking about it, because we don't have the numbers.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    because the guild equipment is of no value..

1k for 3k guild marks is a loosing proposition, its ok , when your stuck on guild cap. other then that the value you donate = much more then the 1k you would get back.

Double guild marks is of no use.. its meh 'ok , i guess.

Triple the fangs.. that would be of way more use to most of us, or banners.

Double the GUILD donation, would be much more appreciated (ie each 1 ad = 2 ect. )

Double the GUILD donation, would be much more appreciated (ie each 1 ad = 2 ect. )

Except if they implement an event like that, you're saddled with even more "not worth doing except when 2x event is running" bag clutter and lack of progress between events, and the feeling that all your previous donations have not contributed as much as they could have.

This would be a problem for me. My itty bitty guild (under ten active accounts but quite a few "legacy" accounts) has made as much progress on our stronghold as the guild featured in the latest spotlight, partly by throwing Zen at it and partly by grinding our tails off. That's huge. The idea that we could have doubled how much our contributions counted for by waiting? Shattering.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Market place is Rank 1.

Well, to help us smaller Guilds you could drop the Guild you are in, join a smaller one and donate to them so they have GH 4 & MP2.

So to answer the OP: No the cap will not be removed. It never has been with any other "double something" event and I really don't expect it now. But as the people above me have already said, that's no reason not to participate.

So to answer the OP: No the cap will not be removed. It never has been with any other "double something" event and I really don't expect it now. But as the people above me have already said, that's no reason not to participate.

Why not invite magenubbie to your Guild to help out after he drops his present Guild.

Except if they implement an event like that, you're saddled with even more "not worth doing except when 2x event is running" bag clutter and lack of progress between events, and the feeling that all your previous donations have not contributed as much as they could have.

This would be a problem for me. My itty bitty guild (under ten active accounts but quite a few "legacy" accounts) has made as much progress on our stronghold as the guild featured in the latest spotlight, partly by throwing Zen at it and partly by grinding our tails off. That's huge. The idea that we could have doubled how much our contributions counted for by waiting? Shattering.

Ok.. so I agree, both double marks and double contribution is out.. then go with my third, double fangs and banners.. THAT would be way more of use during a short time frame.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

Ok.. so I agree, both double marks and double contribution is out.. then go with my third, double fangs and banners.. THAT would be way more of use during a short time frame.

I have 50 fangs for my main for a long time. Hence, I re-suited an alt and he has 25 fangs now.
    So, I go for: double marks (does not help me), double contribution (it helps my guild), double fangs (help my alt a bit), double vouchers (stackable and we have those filled up the inventory with 1x anyway), double banner (I don't pvp).

This way, hopefully, everybody gets something.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I'm afraid double guild marks will be a bust for both my alts in a small, slow-progressing guild, and my alts in a larger guild.

The ones in the smaller guild are capped on marks, because we are stuck in the Influence/Surplus Equipment doldrums trying to reach Guild Hall 3, so there's nothing to spend the marks on but level 1 food.

The alts in the bigger guild can't get marks, because the coffers are filled in almost every category. About all they can get is 400 marks from Influence daily; all their other vouchers and shards are taking up bag space and can't be converted to guild marks.

Edit: Ideally, I could rotate my small-guild alts to the big guild to spend marks, and my big-guild alts to the small guild to drop stuff in the guild coffers to gain marks, but it's awkward to drop and join guilds if the guild masters would even be amenable to it -- and at some point the big guild will be needing all the vouchers and shards I have saved up right now.
    Post edited by darkstarcrash on
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I got my guildhall to level 3 yesterday, but now I am stuck in the doldrums of getting enough of the dungeoneer's marks and tyranny vouchers to be able to build my quarry so I can then build my marketplace to level 2. Of my 16 characters 2 are already maxed on guildmarks, and most of the rest are in the 20-25k range. So the only thing I can spend my guild marks on is the rather useless food from the pantry.
  • karistianakaristiana Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    mynaam said:

Small guilds can't buy and salvage yet.
    Thus it is completely useless to a large part of the playing community.

QFE

If your market isn't at least level two, you can't buy and salvage and not all guilds have reached that yet.

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Just rename the event 2x Guild Marks Salvage and Guild Hopping Extravaganza!
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    what was the purpose of capping Guild Marks again? And why is it so low?
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
    jrfbrunet said:

Force you to buy instead of accumulating. Same idea as blue seal (1200) and pink seal (1200).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

jrfbrunet said:

Force you to buy instead of accumulating. Same idea as blue seal (1200) and pink seal (1200).
    The problem is you can accumulate multiple times your cap before obtaining access to any big-ticket items to spend them on.

There is no such issue with seals. The vendor is there. You don't have to process 5000 seals worth of dungeons to make him.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    The caps have one purpose and one purpose only: To prevent people from storing such large amounts of currency that said currency can never be used ever again in future patches. They like to recycle, and if someone has 10 million guild marks, they really can't implement anything new with those marks because they will get it instantly.

With strongholds I can sort of see another reason I guess - since the Coffers have limits, if Guild Marks didn't have a limit the coffers would be filled instantly and nobody else could donate.

I'm sure there are a ton of excuses, but overall, they want you to spend them. - the flaw is, you need to progress to spend them, and you can't progress because you can't spend them without losing tons.
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    Oh to have the problems you all have :).
    We have so much of this or to much of that we need a higher cap. Well why can't get this a 2x the rate instead! lol

Then there are those that either don't have a guild or a guild large enough to do anything of import.
    (O.k. and those that don't give a flying fig about any guild content or of doing it)

My only complaint is boons/gear hidden behind guild content we either can't or don't want to do :)
    While large guilds make it hard to donate most currencies, (its usually stuck on just influence, ad and gems or something like that)

Small guilds are even worse, as just a handful of people donate.. and hit the cap even quicker.. with nothing to spend it on.. as the pitiful slow creep it takes to move the guild hall forward with such small amount of people.

Cap should be moved to 100k thats my thought.

Seals should also be moved so you can store enough to buy entire armor sets at once.

Why do they care when we get our seals.. never made sense to me, still doesnt. If we capped to 2500 on both it would be more convenient to players, which , of course they dont care about.. neither our convince or players really.
    edited September 2015

jrfbrunet said:

The problem is you can accumulate multiple times your cap before obtaining access to any big-ticket items to spend them on.

There is no such issue with seals. The vendor is there. You don't have to process 5000 seals worth of dungeons to make him.
    They want you to buy ... i.e. the small one if you can't buy the big one. Basically, they want to slow you down by either you can't get it or have to "waste" it.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    At this point, Guild Marks are absolutely useless to me. All my alts (the 70s and even the under-70's) already have, at the least, guild armor. Many of them have Alliance or better, just waiting for them to hit 70. I even bought some guild PvP armor for a couple of my characters... "just because".

I'm not worried about or interested in DF gear, so at this point, I consider my gear to be BiS.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    Devs are probably waiting for more Guilds to be GH8, MP4.