test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Making Guild Gear Account Bound was Genius! A suggestion to improve it even more...

ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
Guild gear being account bound was a great move on the Devs part. It means I can play my primary toon in SH PVP and gear out all my toons based off his performance. I can also take that gear from my main and empower it to elemental on my alts that already have Black Ice Profession rank 5! This is really a well thought out design! One suggestion on making it better.

The gear may be moved between characters so that it may be used or upgraded which is brilliant. However if it is dyed, or transmuted for that matter, it becomes bound. There is no warning for this change, it simply becomes bound to the toon it was dyed/transmuted on and it can no longer be moved. Continuing in the spirit of the thought behind making the gear account bound rather than character bound I think this should be looked at and corrected so that neither dyes nor transmutes would affect the gears binding.

Thanks for your time and consideration!
On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    I am not sure if it works if the toon is another class.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User

You are able to purchase gear for every class with any class. It's listed on the guild market "I want to look at equipment for other classes". You can purchase it on one class, empower it on another, and place it on a third as all that gear is "account bound" rather than character bound. It's a great method, it just needs a few tweaks in the case of gear changes.

imgur pics don't work

• darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Wait, you can empower on one character and send it to another!?!

Wow, that makes elemental infusion much more interesting. My sad little templock may be become more popular with her sisters. ;)
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    The Gear being account bound is fantastic! Sometimes my guild needs a DC (who is already geared) for dragon flight and so an alt loses an opportunity to earn seals for themselves. This way I can help the guild, play the game and still advance an active alt. Nice.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

You are able to purchase gear for every class with any class. It's listed on the guild market "I want to look at equipment for other classes". You can purchase it on one class, empower it on another, and place it on a third as all that gear is "account bound" rather than character bound. It's a great method, it just needs a few tweaks in the case of gear changes.
    How do you empower the gear that is not in your class? When I look at the rank 5 task in BI, I don't see a task that takes a gear that is not your class. Does the task come up when you have another class's gear in your inventory?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • davejustdavedavejustdave Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    You might regret starting this thread. It may encourage the account-wide "anomoly" to be, um, fixed.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    When you change gear (transmute, gear, *sometimes* refining/ranking up) - it becomes bound. it has been this way since ALPHA days, it has been this way since alpha of Star trek Online (also Cryptic, same game engine) more than five years ago.

It has always been this way. That it has not been changed or "fixed" lends credence to the presumption it is a technical issue, not a Dev-choice issue. Sure, all technical issues can be fixed/updated/changed - but some at far greater cost than others.

Do you really supposed they (the studio) would spend that kind of money on such a trivial "issue"? They haven't in all these years as of yet, so I wouldn't lend to hope on it.
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    Oh they "fix" things they think are or consider an "exploit" right away, usually with a nerf party of a couple dozen thugs with nerf bats assaulting their victim with those bats leaving not just their victim in a bloody heap but several bystanders (other "unintended nerf items).

It's the ACTUAL bugs they don't fix with any sense of urgency. The only question here is: do they consider this an "exploit" that needs "fixing", a game anomoly that is not "harmful" or is it WAI?
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    It's actually pretty stupid that it is account bound gear.

It provides a negative effect to PvP that you stated yourself...everyone just sits in there with their top toon. Lesser toons never have no real chance because all these people are just there all the time with thier super toons, teamed up with other super toons who are farming for thier ex leadership alts.

How is that awesome?

It's actually pretty stupid that it is account bound gear.

It provides a negative effect to PvP that you stated yourself...everyone just sits in there with their top toon. Lesser toons never have no real chance because all these people are just there all the time with thier super toons, teamed up with other super toons who are farming for thier ex leadership alts.

How is that awesome?

You can farm gear with your "top toon" so your lesser toons become viable, then you can bring them in to PVP as well without getting roflstomped... This is very basic man, not much thought required. Just walk through the mental paces. Get the gear, swap enchants, and voila another fun PVP toon....

Thanks for your reply.

imgur pics don't work

When you change gear (transmute, gear, *sometimes* refining/ranking up) - it becomes bound. it has been this way since ALPHA days, it has been this way since alpha of Star trek Online (also Cryptic, same game engine) more than five years ago.

It has always been this way. That it has not been changed or "fixed" lends credence to the presumption it is a technical issue, not a Dev-choice issue. Sure, all technical issues can be fixed/updated/changed - but some at far greater cost than others.

Do you really supposed they (the studio) would spend that kind of money on such a trivial "issue"? They haven't in all these years as of yet, so I wouldn't lend to hope on it.

Firstly, not all of the gear becomes bound upon "changing it", only certain pieces so either they overlooked those pieces and it needs to be fixed, or they need to make the whole set account abound. Secondarily, I don't presume to know what "the studio" would spend time or "money" on. I make suggestions, no matter how "trivial" they may seem to nay sayers.

Whether you support my request or think it is rubbish is completely up to you, but I'd not make assumptions as to what the devs will or may consider based off of your limited perspective or knowledge base.

Thanks for your time.

imgur pics don't work

You can farm gear with your "top toon" so your lesser toons become viable.

Thanks for your reply.

You don't see that this is everything that is wrong with the system. I can only guide you to the light, I cant make you open your eyes.

You can farm gear with your "top toon" so your lesser toons become viable.

Thanks for your reply.

You don't see that this is everything that is wrong with the system. I can only guide you to the light, I cant make you open your eyes.
    If you find that you desire to go through PVP without PVP gear on your toon so you can gear it with tenacity, feel free to friend. There is nothing stopping you. If you prefer to earn your PVP gear the old fashioned way on each toon and pay the ultimate price for it repeatedly it is completely your perogative. For those of us who prefer a little tenacity on a toon before we drag it into PVP in PVE gear.... well allow us to celebrate the opportunity to do so.

Thanks for your time.

imgur pics don't work

Thanks for the offer. Yes I realize the consequences of gearing up each toon as I have done most of mine to some degree (most have a set of PvP gear earned). That said, it is not what i am trying to say.

PvP would be way more interesting for everyone involved if each individual toon had to earn its own gear. You would get a greater mix of toons in a match.

Thanks for the offer. Yes I realize the consequences of gearing up each toon as I have done most of mine to some degree (most have a set of PvP gear earned). That said, it is not what i am trying to say.

PvP would be way more interesting for everyone involved if each individual toon had to earn its own gear. You would get a greater mix of toons in a match.

Honestly that wouldn't be the case the way you are hoping I think. I play in a PVP guild, so if I was going to gear up my alts by bringing them in low tenacity gear I would surround myself with BIS PVP players to the same end result. This system at least allows people who did struggle to get one toon up to par to get other toons to that point as well without the same headache more than once.

The greater "mix" of toons you're asking for is that people are forced to bring in their no tenacity pug equivalent alts into PVP so they get to relive the experience of dying to gear up on each toon. The bright side is, they can still do this if they so desire. However if they, like most people, would prefer to forego that lovely experience they now have to opportunity to go in on somewhat level ground having paid the price up front on their main.

imgur pics don't work

Ideally there would be 2 gear based Queues at lvl 70. 1.5 -2.75. And 2.76+. (Something like that)

They don't seem to want to do that though. So PvP has become stale because it refuses to evolve. Evolve or die as the saying goes. People just sitting in there farming lowbies with thier best toon...in order to gear up other toons.

You are describing in this game what is called "twinking" in another game. To YOU it's an awesome feature, of course the guy on the top of the heep likes it, after all, it's good to be the king.

But, if you are the "honey pot boy" i.e. the guy that has to hold the bucket up to the kings posterior so he can deficate oh so most genteel, without having to deal that all that pooping bother, it's not so sweet is it?

Some toons, by their nature, are always going to be at a deficit in PvP vs other classes. It will always be so that they are because of how they defend or arrive at their dmg etc. What you are lauding is: I got my first million dollars from my Nascar race days...it was SO sweet. Now with THAT million, I got my specced out GTO so I can race kids from the neighborhood in their hoopty....it's SO sweet!

Yeh, you "earned" that gear, but your other toons didn't. You go into PvP with alt toons having a light sabre and tach suit vs. other players having paper-mache armor and county fair light up toy swords. It's REAL sweet..well unless you are the other guy with the toy gear.

You know what would be real SWEET? If the matching system never made a match with dis-simularly geared players. It would be REAL sweet, if when your alt toon, slaps on that gear it didn't earn (yes, you earned it, just with your main pvp toon), it wouldn't ever match your toon with another player that wasn't also simulary geared. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Then other players, that weren't so fortunate as you to have that gear (via a better PvP toon), wouldn't have to "enjoy" (endure) a match with so clear of a disadvantage. It would be SO sweet.... if your now ultra-geared toon sat in a que for long periods of time waiting for other so ultra-geared alt toons to que up and actually have a SO sweet "fair" match, and not have a, NOT so ultra-geared alt toon get zergstomped for quing up.

Twinks will be twinks no matter what MMO they are in.

• deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I liked it better when less was account or player bound.

Remember the days when you got an awesome piece of gear that you could not use and sell it on the auction house and make some $ to upgrade your stuff?
    Dungeon Delves were exciting back then. There is 0 rush when you open a chest now. You already know whats in it. Some salvage-meat...

I got rare miracle healer gaunts once, sold for like 350k. That was great.
    It's all about the refinement point grind now. All gear is the same.

mattsacre said:

You are describing in this game what is called "twinking" in another game. To YOU it's an awesome feature, of course the guy on the top of the heep likes it, after all, it's good to be the king.

But, if you are the "honey pot boy" i.e. the guy that has to hold the bucket up to the kings posterior so he can deficate oh so most genteel, without having to deal that all that pooping bother, it's not so sweet is it?

Some toons, by their nature, are always going to be at a deficit in PvP vs other classes. It will always be so that they are because of how they defend or arrive at their dmg etc. What you are lauding is: I got my first million dollars from my Nascar race days...it was SO sweet. Now with THAT million, I got my specced out GTO so I can race kids from the neighborhood in their hoopty....it's SO sweet!

Yeh, you "earned" that gear, but your other toons didn't. You go into PvP with alt toons having a light sabre and tach suit vs. other players having paper-mache armor and county fair light up toy swords. It's REAL sweet..well unless you are the other guy with the toy gear.

You know what would be real SWEET? If the matching system never made a match with dis-simularly geared players. It would be REAL sweet, if when your alt toon, slaps on that gear it didn't earn (yes, you earned it, just with your main pvp toon), it wouldn't ever match your toon with another player that wasn't also simulary geared. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Then other players, that weren't so fortunate as you to have that gear (via a better PvP toon), wouldn't have to "enjoy" (endure) a match with so clear of a disadvantage. It would be SO sweet.... if your now ultra-geared toon sat in a que for long periods of time waiting for other so ultra-geared alt toons to que up and actually have a SO sweet "fair" match, and not have a, NOT so ultra-geared alt toon get zergstomped for quing up.

Firstly, and most importantly, as you mentioned, twinking is in every game. It always has been and always will be. Secondarily, I have held the honey pot to get where I am... People forget this, it's just not recent for me because I'm a veteran like many people I know are. We have the advantage of having good gear that we "earned" just as other players now have to "earn".

You snub your nose at this now but I remember having my HAMSTER handed to me in PVP as well. You don't even know what you're talking about when you say that I didn't have to do the same thing. Your assumptions are multiple and massive and you don't realize that the ability to "twink" actually will decrease the number of people having to get stomped when Qing with their alts making for fairer matches.

My suggestion for you is to stop QQing and start Qing so that you can gear up and twink up and then perhaps matches will be sweeter and fairer rather than begrudging me for the amount of time I put into playing the game instead of crying at people who had put in the work.

Thanks for your time.

imgur pics don't work

• asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

You might regret starting this thread. It may encourage the account-wide "anomoly" to be, um, fixed.

Just so there is not any confusion, the account bound status is intentional. In fact, with the release of Module 6 certain equipment such as those pieces purchased with seals of the elements were already account bound, though equipment for other classes was somewhat obscurely buried in the "misc." tab.

As far as the issue of transmutes or dyes changing the bind status without a warning, I can't say that there will be a change to those systems affecting bind status, but we will certainly be looking into the fact that there is no warning message when the bind status is about to change. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
    asterdahl said:

Just so there is not any confusion, the account bound status is intentional. In fact, with the release of Module 6 certain equipment such as those pieces purchased with seals of the elements were already account bound, though equipment for other classes was somewhat obscurely buried in the "misc." tab.

As far as the issue of transmutes or dyes changing the bind status without a warning, I can't say that there will be a change to those systems affecting bind status, but we will certainly be looking into the fact that there is no warning message when the bind status is about to change. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
    Thanks for the update! Much obliged :smiley:

imgur pics don't work

mattsacre said:

Firstly, and most importantly, as you mentioned, twinking is in every game. It always has been and always will be. Secondarily, I have held the honey pot to get where I am... People forget this, it's just not recent for me because I'm a veteran like many people I know are. We have the advantage of having good gear that we "earned" just as other players now have to "earn".

You snub your nose at this now but I remember having my HAMSTER handed to me in PVP as well. You don't even know what you're talking about when you say that I didn't have to do the same thing. Your assumptions are multiple and massive and you don't realize that the ability to "twink" actually will decrease the number of people having to get stomped when Qing with their alts making for fairer matches.

My suggestion for you is to stop QQing and start Qing so that you can gear up and twink up and then perhaps matches will be sweeter and fairer rather than begrudging me for the amount of time I put into playing the game instead of crying at people who had put in the work.

Thanks for your time.
    Yes, see, that's my point, I'm acknowledging you had to hold the honey pot. It really stank didn't it? And now that you are the king and someone else is holding the pot.....you laud that you don't have to hold the pot, that someone else get's that distinct "pleasure".

That's the mentality most people despise about fraternities, not the fact that they nurture young talent or enter fellow students into a fellowship of like minded friends. Frats having many things that could be lauded, but then there is that *hazing thing* isn't there? That *hazing thing* just sort of detracts from the message and sort of overshadows all the good they do. Oh yes, it's a "tradition" that previous members had to "endure", so now that they have "endured" it, why not pass it along to new members and let them "enjoy" the tradition? Of course they could, after "enjoying" such nice "traditions", have decided that it was disgusting to humiliate another human being in that manner and eliminated that "tradition".

After having "endured" the "joy" of getting you HAMSTER handed to you in PvP from twinkers, a COMPASSIONATE person would not want someone else having to endue it as well. I guess I'm not the type to step in dog poo, scrap it off, creating another dog poo pile, then shrug my shoulders saying "I guess it's the next person coming through problem." I kind of think it would be nice, despite me, "enduring" having dog poo on my shoe, that I get the poo cleaned up, so the next person don't have to step in it. But then that's just me.

The fact that so many PvPers have a malicious streak to them, that they REVEL in others misfortune, that they "gots theirs gets yer own". That they, after going through dumb HAMSTER turn around and visit the same HAMSTER to the next unfortunate, THAT'S why so many of us others DESPISE PvP.

mattsacre said:

mattsacre said:

Thanks for your time.
    Yes, see, that's my point, I'm acknowledging you had to hold the honey pot. It really stank didn't it? And now that you are the king and someone else is holding the pot.....you laud that you don't have to hold the pot, that someone else get's that distinct "pleasure".

That's the mentality most people despise about fraternities, not the fact that they nurture young talent or enter fellow students into a fellowship of like minded friends. Frats having many things that could be lauded, but then there is that *hazing thing* isn't there? That *hazing thing* just sort of detracts from the message and sort of overshadows all the good they do. Oh yes, it's a "tradition" that previous members had to "endure", so now that they have "endured" it, why not pass it along to new members and let them "enjoy" the tradition? Of course they could, after "enjoying" such nice "traditions", have decided that it was disgusting to humiliate another human being in that manner and eliminated that "tradition".

After having "endured" the "joy" of getting you HAMSTER handed to you in PvP from twinkers, a COMPASSIONATE person would not want someone else having to endue it as well. I guess I'm not the type to step in dog poo, scrap it off, creating another dog poo pile, then shrug my shoulders saying "I guess it's the next person coming through problem." I kind of think it would be nice, despite me, "enduring" having dog poo on my shoe, that I get the poo cleaned up, so the next person don't have to step in it. But then that's just me.

The fact that so many PvPers have a malicious streak to them, that they REVEL in others misfortune, that they "gots theirs gets yer own". That they, after going through dumb HAMSTER turn around and visit the same HAMSTER to the next unfortunate, THAT'S why so many of us others DESPISE PvP.

I don't Revel in hazing people, that is your assumption but I didn't cry about being hazed either. You continue to make massive personal assumptions about me and countless others as though you know me or them. I enjoy competitive PVP, this change makes it easier for people to gear up than ever before thus potentiating more competitive PVP. If you prefer a different method of gearing up make a forum post about it, it it's a good Idea I'll give you a +1. If it sucks I won't. I will not however, come to your thread and cry about your mentality as if I've ever met you, or assume that you're not compassionate because I disagree with you.

This game, as most MMO's are, is about gearing up, putting together a build and conquering the content whether it be PVP or PVE. If you don't like PVP don't play it, if you don't like PVE don't play it. If you're going to assume that you know the personal motives of everyone you ever come across in life... gawds help you. So Q up if you want to gear up, don't Q up if you think PVP is boring. Just stop QQing about every time you've ever had a bad experience in a PVP match and projecting your opinionated mold of the average PVPer on everyone you see in PVP with better gear than you.

Thanks for your time.

imgur pics don't work

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Hey @asterdahl , another thing worth putting a warning on is using your overload enchant slots, which will cause an account bound piece of equipment to bind to character. This warns you that the enchant will bind, but not the equipment, and it doesn't warn you at all if you use an enchant that is already bound (such as the guild ones).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I do agree. This is like 1 outta the 600 changes, that was clearly positive. (unless you hate twinks, but its not only gear twinks use).

I guess the RNG gods smiled upon us? ....................
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

Actually iirc, this is not correct, the binding on transmute originally retained it's state, only after people transmuted pack items like moon regila on peasant garb and temporary masks and sold on AH it was changed to bind.

BtA will not affect this and probably items that are BtA should stay BtA..
    I guess we aren't going to see eye to eye :)

Per your posts, not making assumptions here, just by what you have said.
    You have said it makes for better and more competitive matches....
    That it makes it easier than ever before to gear up....

My point is: FOR YOU.
    What constitutes competitive matches? Like geared players, with an approximate like skill level, with approximate power set. Once again IMO.
    Is it "competitive" for someone to have a tank vs. a machine gun? I guess that depends on who has the tank.
    Is it "competitive" for someone who knows tia kwon do vs. legally blind/deaf? Guess it depends on who knows martial arts to say if it's "competitive", bet the blind/deaf guy don't say so.
    Is it "competitive" for someone wearing a body cast vs. olympic athelete in the "power" department, I'm thinking the athlete finds it "uncompetitive", just IMO though.

Easier to gear than ever.....
    Hmmm, yes, if you have the gear, it would be "easier than ever" to use the gear, I can't in the least argue otherwise.

Got to say though, if you don't already have the gear, IMO, it "wouldn't" be easier. I think you would have to wade through that poo, endure that "hazing" I mentioned before, to get to that gear. That it would be even harder than ever was before due to more alt toons of others having the gear now. That they can then slap on another totally different character, that then gives them a destinct advantage over other players that don't have a character of the type that is more PvP dominate. But that's once again IMO.

Hmm "projecting"...
    Since we are all molded by our lives experiences, I have to admit, I MAY be biased. I'm betting you too might have some events in your lives experience that has molded you somewhat. We all have some experiences in our lives that while is our very own endured, we can say we shared them. Like teething or losing our baby teeth, puberty, ackward social moments etc.
    I have to say though, if you had some experience that happened quite often in your life, you might be forgiven for assuming it is that way, more often than not. If you lived say, in Seattle, were it rains quite often, you might be assumptive in your thinking that it is rather rainy there. I having lived in Nevada and other parts of the SW America, feel I can say, with some authority mind you, that it is more often than not hot and quite more often than not dry. But that's just IMO.

So, given my experience, in a rather long life (so far) I might add, I have found generally, a proponderance of my PvP experiences to be of the "negative" nature. Now, me admitting I "might" be biased, I have to say that also to bolster my OPINION (that is somewhat negative towards PvP). I have also read numerous posts from other players about their also negative experiences, these seemed to outnumber the posts about positive experiences.

So, taking all my experiences, and the knowledge imparted from others experiences I think my opinion is rather INFORMED. Is it "projecting" to say the SW USA is Hot and Dry? I don't think so. Is it "projecting" to say Seattle is rainy? I don't live there, but from those that do, and the weather reports, I glean that it is. Is it "projecting" to say that generally PvP "can be" negative? Given my experience, and what others have said, comparing relative skill,gear and powersets of those that tend to overwhelmingly win vs. those that tend to lose far more than not, I don't find it a "projection".....

If you felt I was being "personal" and making assumptions about you, I wasn't intending personal. As to assumptions, I can only go on my own experiences. You may be the angel of PvP, I don't know, I have a lack of personal or ancedotal evidence to make a informed opinion.

Know others......I know others, maybe not the others you know. The others I've met have been "rarely" nice and sportsman in their behavior. Most "haven't" been sportsman in their behavior in my experience, but then maybe it's not the same others we are talking about.

You must forgive me my negative opinion of PvP and it's practioners, my negative opinions of gear "earned" and "applied" in a un-sportsman like manner. The conduct of the "haves" towards the "have-nots" in most general terms.

Well you don't "must" have to forgive me, it's up to you.

But that's just IMO.

And thanks, for thanking me for my time lol. In the ultimate it's the only true currency.
    mattsacre said:

I guess we aren't going to see eye to eye :)

Per your posts, not making assumptions here, just by what you have said.
    You have said it makes for better and more competitive matches....
    That it makes it easier than ever before to gear up....

My point is: FOR YOU.
    What constitutes competitive matches? Like geared players, with an approximate like skill level, with approximate power set. Once again IMO.
    Is it "competitive" for someone to have a tank vs. a machine gun? I guess that depends on who has the tank.
    Is it "competitive" for someone who knows tia kwon do vs. legally blind/deaf? Guess it depends on who knows martial arts to say if it's "competitive", bet the blind/deaf guy don't say so.
    Is it "competitive" for someone wearing a body cast vs. olympic athelete in the "power" department, I'm thinking the athlete finds it "uncompetitive", just IMO though.

Easier to gear than ever.....
    Hmmm, yes, if you have the gear, it would be "easier than ever" to use the gear, I can't in the least argue otherwise.

Got to say though, if you don't already have the gear, IMO, it "wouldn't" be easier. I think you would have to wade through that poo, endure that "hazing" I mentioned before, to get to that gear. That it would be even harder than ever was before due to more alt toons of others having the gear now. That they can then slap on another totally different character, that then gives them a destinct advantage over other players that don't have a character of the type that is more PvP dominate. But that's once again IMO.

Hmm "projecting"...
    Since we are all molded by our lives experiences, I have to admit, I MAY be biased. I'm betting you too might have some events in your lives experience that has molded you somewhat. We all have some experiences in our lives that while is our very own endured, we can say we shared them. Like teething or losing our baby teeth, puberty, ackward social moments etc.
    I have to say though, if you had some experience that happened quite often in your life, you might be forgiven for assuming it is that way, more often than not. If you lived say, in Seattle, were it rains quite often, you might be assumptive in your thinking that it is rather rainy there. I having lived in Nevada and other parts of the SW America, feel I can say, with some authority mind you, that it is more often than not hot and quite more often than not dry. But that's just IMO.

So, given my experience, in a rather long life (so far) I might add, I have found generally, a proponderance of my PvP experiences to be of the "negative" nature. Now, me admitting I "might" be biased, I have to say that also to bolster my OPINION (that is somewhat negative towards PvP). I have also read numerous posts from other players about their also negative experiences, these seemed to outnumber the posts about positive experiences.

So, taking all my experiences, and the knowledge imparted from others experiences I think my opinion is rather INFORMED. Is it "projecting" to say the SW USA is Hot and Dry? I don't think so. Is it "projecting" to say Seattle is rainy? I don't live there, but from those that do, and the weather reports, I glean that it is. Is it "projecting" to say that generally PvP "can be" negative? Given my experience, and what others have said, comparing relative skill,gear and powersets of those that tend to overwhelmingly win vs. those that tend to lose far more than not, I don't find it a "projection".....

If you felt I was being "personal" and making assumptions about you, I wasn't intending personal. As to assumptions, I can only go on my own experiences. You may be the angel of PvP, I don't know, I have a lack of personal or ancedotal evidence to make a informed opinion.

Know others......I know others, maybe not the others you know. The others I've met have been "rarely" nice and sportsman in their behavior. Most "haven't" been sportsman in their behavior in my experience, but then maybe it's not the same others we are talking about.

You must forgive me my negative opinion of PvP and it's practioners, my negative opinions of gear "earned" and "applied" in a un-sportsman like manner. The conduct of the "haves" towards the "have-nots" in most general terms.

Well you don't "must" have to forgive me, it's up to you.

But that's just IMO.

And thanks, for thanking me for my time lol. In the ultimate it's the only true currency.

If I ever want to have a wordy, unneccesary, philosophy discussion about a video game, I'll make sure to look you up. In the mean time I can't explain to you in any more simple terms that I have played this game since beta as have many of my friends and guildmates. We all have had to gear up, if we had multiple toons we all had to gear them up individually. This mod is the easiest of any mod to gear up in, for everyone, it's basically handed to you and your alts.

If you are butthurt that you are unable to gear your main and therefore your alts then that is your issue with spending more time QQing than Qing (as you could've completed multiple matches most likely during the length of this discussion). If you hate PVP and/or PVPers and/or the method of gearing up then I'm sorry and perhaps you can make a post that the devs will notice and take under consideration to make PVP better.

If you want to have a discussion about "competition" and/or "sportsmanship" and fairness then make a post and see how many different opinions on fairness there are because ... News flash... complete "fairness" is subjective and can never be achieved. My post was never meant to address all these complex social and philosophical issues, they make college courses for such extraordinarily gripping and relevant discussions that also prepare you for a very lucrative career as a barista or server or play actor (this is called sarcasm btw, please all baristas/waiters/actors don't take me seriously). Thanks for, at the very least though, making sure my post stays on the first page and continues to get views... that, at least, has been helpful!

Thanks for your time (and for thanking me for thanking you for your time).

imgur pics don't work