test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companion upgrade cost..

demondog1990demondog1990 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Hi there, pretty much everybody is saying the same things upgrading mounts and companions cost stupidly too much diamonds and as you have done what many people diagree with me on removing diamonds from leadership ect to improve the economy (to be clear i think thats a good move) will be rough untill prices drop in AH but better in the long run. Anyway i digress upgrading a companion form say uncommon to uncommon cost 300k? cant remember exactly but the levels that would have that companion would neeed to be level 60 before getting that funds. 650k to upgrade a standard mount to green is ridicules as nobody will do it when you can by blues for about 150k green does not even change stats or speed from uncommon...

i think mounts should just level up like companions with a small upgrade fee to next stage,
or maybe a quest that can take time rather than diamonds to upgrade them, this would be good make us earn the upgrade.

also would there be any point upgrading my epic black Dragon ioun stone? I imagine it's stats my increase but as there are no extra slots for runes or equipment is there any point?

Thanks all

Comments

• umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited September 2015

also would there be any point upgrading my epic black Dragon ioun stone? I imagine it's stats my increase but as there are no extra slots for runes or equipment is there any point?

You get the legendary companion buff : 15% of its stats are transfered to you while active. That's pretty great.

But I agree those costs are too high.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    It was fine, as before it took me 3 months to get my main (dc) a legendary pet from a blue stone.. making millions and millions of AD ..

now.. with making around 50-60 % less AD in the same time frame would take me aboutr a year to free up time to do this..

lol.

This was one of MANY many items that were already listed as way too far out of whack with current AD generation system.

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I'm almost positive these costs are on the chopping block.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I just want my purple neverember guard archer and warlock for immersion purpose. Is it really so necessary to have the cost so high? Even if they're purple or orange they aren't game breaking anyway...

One of the most expensive upgrades in the game that yields little improvement aside from certain underpowered trans enchantments.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    Wait... you think the nerf to Leadership AD farming is a good thing, but now your complaining the AD sinks cost too much? Wow.

Simply, wow.

Ummm, logic tip: when we were able to farm AD in leadership - cost to upgrade companions and mounts was NOT too much. But now that the AD river has gone all but entirely dry - now they unaffordable. because of something you think was a good idea. What is wrong with this picture? Deal with it and STFU and kwitcherbichen or GTFO.

LOL
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

I'm almost positive these costs are on the chopping block.

Oh Zerg, dont speak too soon....
  • fogtripperfogtripper Member Posts: 179 Arc User

Wait... you think the nerf to Leadership AD farming is a good thing, but now your complaining the AD sinks cost too much? Wow.

How is that worthy of a "wow"? The nerf was good. Lowering prices is good also.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    They will get around to these changes once the average AD count for level 70 players hits a certain mark ont heir spreadsheet.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

They will get around to these changes once the average AD count for level 70 players hits a certain mark ont heir spreadsheet.

Metrics for the Win!​​

Key performance indicators are key to indicating performance!
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

Right about the time they will be rolling out the missing dungeons....
  • killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    way overpriced. my companion didnt even get a NEW SKIN for max level. rip off