test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questions for our Q&A Live Stream with R.A. Salvatore on 9/22 at 5PM PDT!

Comments

• astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Hi, How about a wilderness module, with lot of forest, for us that have Hunter Ranger character class? (Speaking about Character Class: any thought about Druid?)
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    i recently started to read some of your books since i kind of enjoy fantasy stories and the next module in this game is about underdark.
    thanks to amazon i was able to find the first trilogy about drizzt in italian but i m having problem with the following trilogies which seem to have been published before 2000 with no "re-printing".
    do you know if this is intended or are there problems with the italian publisher ( ARMENIA ) ?

Thanks
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    reiwulf said:

Will we actually meet Drizzt and Artemis? I have no idea if they are supposed to be alive or not.

From the Livestream Announcement:
    Well met, adventurers! On Tuesday, September 22, R.A. Salvatore, the author of some of the most acclaimed Dungeons & Dragons novels and the creator of Drizzt Do’Urden, will join us for a community live stream! As we previously announced, our next expansion will see players fighting alongside several characters from R.A. Salvatore's novels in a questline Salvatore has written specifically for Neverwinter!

So I guess we will be fighting alonside Drizzt.

And yes Artmeis Entreri is still alive and doing quite well. He appears to be a 40 year old human with grayish hued skin in Salvatore's book "Neverwinter." He has not figured out his long life was do to using the jeweled dagger on a shade but he has lived far longer than a normal human and remained relatively young.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Let's remember guys, R.A. Salvatore is an author which is famous and well known within the D&D Franchise but is not a developer or in any way associated with anything other than some story content in the upcoming Underdark Expansion.

Asking him about game mechanics or expansions besides the Underdark are not questions he can answer at all and thus unlikely to be asked.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    yeah, any bugs or technical stuff won't be answered.
    Good to hear about Artemis, I'd love to see how he looks in NWO
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • darkrune5darkrune5 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    Thank you for sharing with us. I have greatly enjoyed reading the series. As many others, I thoroughly enjoy your creatively well written battle scenes. But, the character development is probably what draws me into the story even more. Thank you for ever enriching the journey by presenting compelling moral challenges. I look forward to reading on about the Companions of the Hall and Cadderly.

I ask this question because I doubt it will ever happen: What if Geunhwyvar could talk?
  • b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Mr. Salvatore, I enjoy your work immensely, including work in the gaming industry. Demon Stone, Quake and my personal favorite Kingdoms of Amalur. That game was amazang, the lore was fantastic along with the story, characters and setting. I have high hopes for what you can do in Neverwinter. My question is not Neverwinter or Forgotten Realms related as everyone else has that covered. My question is this, Did you read any of the Dragonlance novels or play any games in that setting and if so what did you think about it? Thank you for your time!
    Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    I only have 2 questions.
    First. for god's sake bring a new dungeon, i don't care about the history, but doing the same dungeons for over 6 months are very boring.
    Second. have you on your entire life, found a cleric doing more damage than a Warlock? or a "pact blade" that are phisical and sold on the store?
    Sorry for my bad english.
  • sircharlesthe12thsircharlesthe12th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    is there any way u can make....Hill Giant Mounts and Beholder Mounts and companions???but make them big...also...put more giants in the game....some huge giants....big like in world of Warcraft...like the fel reavers...((that would be appealing to me...))I wish u could do this....also...would like to see more gelatinous cubes in the neverwinter....and some giant ones too.....and also...please make it so the bags automatically...hold quest items in other places...so I can have enough room in my bags....I did buy some bags with zen...and still never have enough room....if u could at least do this for the bags...I would be greatful....but still...the other things I said would be great too ...thank you neverwinter
  • sircharlesthe12thsircharlesthe12th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User

is there any way u can make....Hill Giant Mounts and Beholder Mounts and companions???but make them big...also...put more giants in the game....some huge giants....big like in world of Warcraft...like the fel reavers...((that would be appealing to me...))I wish u could do this....also...would like to see more gelatinous cubes in the neverwinter....and some giant ones too.....and also...please make it so the bags automatically...hold quest items in other places...so I can have enough room in my bags....I did buy some bags with zen...and still never have enough room....if u could at least do this for the bags...I would be greatful....but still...the other things I said would be great too ...thank you neverwinter

I have been playing ure games since they came out...baulders gate...icewind dale...neverwinter nights....i'm a huge fan
  • orozuorozu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    Congrats on the Crowdfunding on some of your awsome D&D goods bro i hope it takes off and i hope more online electronic news cover it :) much love your brother gamer from the Start Oroz. (Thieves World)
  • blureelblureel Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    My questions for R.A. Salvatore:

1) Where do you draw your inspirations from for creating your characters and the world around them? Are they all strictly from D&D lore or do you have other major sources of inspiration?

2) Which comes first for you when writing a new story? character and setting creation or storyline development? Put in another way, do you create a character and see where the character leads the story or do you write from the end back towards the beginning?

3) Which do you feel is more important for a good story? A great storyline or a very interesting character?
  • e5cafl0wnee5cafl0wne Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I have been a huge fan of Drizzt. So here is the question I have: Is there a good chance that Lloth will be portrayed in the new Campaign? (aka a possible chance we may face her or a major subordinate of her creation for the final battle! )
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Are you gonna Direct, Write, or have a say with the accompanying video for Underdark expansion? :)

Will you ever make a cameo character(NPC) either in a video or in a game such as Neverwinter, something like Stan Lee does in Marvel movies. :)
    Post edited by valwryn on
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Another question - When is your next book coming out (Forgotten Realms/Drizzt book)? Please and thank you!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Will there new achivements added to the XBOX ONE version?
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User

reiwulf said:

Will we actually meet Drizzt and Artemis? I have no idea if they are supposed to be alive or not.

From the Livestream Announcement:
    Well met, adventurers! ............. As we previously announced, our next expansion will see players fighting alongside several characters from R.A. Salvatore's novels in a questline Salvatore has written specifically for Neverwinter!

So I guess we will be fighting alonside Drizzt.
    Hmmm not necessarily - that quote is vague enough that it could be anyone from his novels!

Anyway.

Mr Salvatore - as is obvious from the love pouring from this topic many of us have a special place in our literary & gaming hearts for your work, so thank you from us all - especially for Dr'izzt & Gwyn - my question is:-

Do you draw direct inspiration from real world events & work a story out of that or is it something less tangible that sparks your creativity?

Thanx

..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Bob,

It was amazing to see the Bloodstone Lands make it into your novels fairly recently. Kane and Artemis, for example, were interesting to see interacting (and now obviously have "history" to put it mildly).

Are there any plans to revisit characters or areas from the Bloodstone Lands in future novels? It would be interesting to see how the area has changed in recent years, and the characters from those lands deserve their own series (outside of your 2nd edition campaign setting only!).

Blades high,

Aaramis
  • juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    When will we get Sword Coast Adventures , Gateway on Xbox One ?
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Ok let me throw you a curve ball Bob. I'm sure you've never heard this one before but... I'm a HUGE fan of your work! (Tee Hee!) I've been reading them ever since I was a young boy (hardly that now...) and was forced to stop after a while due to a genetic disease taking most of my eyesight. I tried the large print versions of your books but they were either still too small of text, or the book was too... unwieldy... (imagine Regis trying to use Obould's greatsword). BUT I've recently discovered your work has been put into audiobook form and have been playing catch up for the years I've missed. I've managed to make it up to Gauntlygrym so far (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't stop making the audiobook versions!).

ANYWAYS, to the questions...

1. How is the process different (if at all) for creating narratives for a video game versus a book?
    2. How often do you find yourself thinking about your characters that you've created during your every day life?
    3. BESIDES Drizzt, who is your favorite character that you've created? I'm sure they all hold their own special place and the true favorite may very from day to day or even moment to moment but of the characters you've created which are you the most proud of and why?
    4. Do you still play DnD and if so, do you have a prefered PC?
    5. Wubba wubba

Thank you for your time for doing this livestream man and I greatly look forward to seeing my favorite author of all time influence one of my favorite video games of all time!
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • davejustdavedavejustdave Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    My question is:

Can you save the game?
    A storyline and some fun content would go a long way right now.
  • darkmagician2369darkmagician2369 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Dear Mr. Salvatore

I have always been a fan of the "anti-Hero" and have always wanted to ask, what was the inspiration behind Artemis Entreri and do you know if there are any plans for him to make an appearance in Neverwinter Online?
  • glorygemmglorygemm Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Stronghold Siege:

600 points, PvP was Lost, NO REWARDS.

Question:

WHY?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Another reminder: R.A. Salvatore, as awesome as he is, is not a developer. So if you're asking questions based on game mechanics and other developer type inquiries, expect such to not be asked. If you don't know who Mr. Salvatore is.... *zebular motions to the mages to stand down from casting disintegration on the blissful* ... in short, he is a very prominent author who has written numerous stories and lore for the Forgotten Realms, especially where the Drow and Underdark are concerned. One of his most famous characters is Drizzt Do'Urden, a dual scimitar wielding drow ranger. You can learn more about Drizzt and R.A. Salvatore by searching the internet, indeed.
    Post edited by zebular on
  • lavondyslavondys Member Posts: 1 New User
    Robert,

Will there be any exclusive gear or artifacts available to players in the new content you have created? (Bracer of blinding strike, Twinkle, or Aegis-fang would be nice)

Just a short background on how I became introduced the Dark Elf series:

I was vacationing with my family in myrtle beach, SC and found a "Walden Books" bag hanging on the joystick of a Street Fighter II game. Inside the bag was a copy of Homeland. I ended up reading the book on the beach later that day and rushed to the bookstore (while still on vacation) to get the remaining books in the trilogy. I have been a lifelong Drizzt fan ever since. My kids favorite bedtime stories contain Bruenor, Wulfgar, Cattie-brie, and Drizzt.

Look me up ingame if you ever need someone to run dungeons with on the xbox one, look me up, xbox handle "Trevedian".

-Trevedian
  • coffelinecoffeline Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Dear Mr. Salvatore,

Will we be able to read about Artemis, Effron and the others in the future? I really hope so, because they are a very interesting "team".

About the game: I like Neverwinter, but how the Underdark represented there is far from the picture I get from your books and from others. What do you think? Not to mention Jarlaxle in Icewind Dale...he looks too plain for himself.

And thank you for giving us so many good stories to read! :smile:
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I assume that Drizzt is done. That's ok. However, have you been thinking about writing a new drow or drow-esque saga? Another quintet?
    Has anyone approached you about a DnD movie?
    How do you feel about your beloved/hated powries making it into the Forgotten Realms universe/canon? Have you seen what Cryptic had done with them (do you approve)?
    Enchantments and Runestones in NWO online remind me of the magic stones used by the Highwayman and others. Your thoughts? ;)

Edit: What do you think about this livestream occurring on Bilbo's/Frodo's birthday?
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • mute209mute209 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    Mr. Salvatore,

First of all, thanks for all of your amazing stories. You're a big part of why I fell in love with the Forgotten Realms in the first place. Do you read novels by other Realms authors? Do you have a favorite character that you did not create? Also...wubba wubba.
  • wintertwo844218#9572 wintertwo844218 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    First and only time I have played any games and I love it. I am now going back to read the books. :)
  • rickywade123rickywade123 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I dont have any deep questions just want to say thank you for shareing your thoughts and dreams on paper.
This discussion has been closed.