test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Leadership tasks that still give AD

davejustdavedavejustdave Member Posts: 86 Arc User

The recent announcement about leadership changes said that "most" tasks that gave AD will no longer do so. That implies that a few tasks still do give some AD. Does anyone know which tasks they are? The Wiki has not yet been updated to reflect the changes.

Comments

• Options
    ireneadl3rireneadl3r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    The only one I've seen is the rare task "Follow Map to an Unknown Location" (requires 3 Marks of Gratitude + Region Map), 1600 rAD for 12h.
  • Options
    Haha. That explains the comment I read somewhere else about the price of those marks.
    Seems odd to leave just one leadership task generating AD but I guess it is very slow to farm the consumables for that task. 15 refugees anyone?
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I believe there are 3 left: Assault Enemy Stronghold, Recover Large Mineral Claim, and Follow Map to an Unknown Location. Basically, all of the ones that required Marks of Gratitude.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    There are a few Leadership tasks that still grand AD - all are "rare" and all require additional resources - primarily: Mark of Gratitudes and Siege Engines, the ones I've seen range between 400 AD to 1600 AD and average 16 Hours.

Personally: not worth even looking for them. I log into my alts and invoke for Coin. I'm fortunate that my main is 99% decked out the way I want. But I most certainly have pity on anyone still trying to "properly" outfit their toons, even if not going for BiS stuff - but just plain outfitted to be able to play the game and still have actual fun doing it. So there you go.
  • Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    That Mark is gratitude remain for ad reminds me of the diablo 3 "aren't you thankful" comment from their developers, and is being received about as well.
  • Options
    cjh1983 said:

That Mark is gratitude remain for ad reminds me of the diablo 3 "aren't you thankful" comment from their developers, and is being received about as well.

I don't play D3, but this sounds interesting. Can you elaborate on what this story is?

FYI - you can get Marks and Siege units from the box rewards from leadership, so its worth spending a little time looking for them. Course, you can probably try and sell those assets on the AH for the same amount to people who don't understand how the world works.
  • Options
    wyckedstudioswyckedstudios Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    cjh1983 said:

Oh, the flashbacks that just gave me!!!

• Options
    rich776rich776 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    they will never listen and the game will go to the toliet
  • Options
    wyckedstudioswyckedstudios Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User

I don't play D3, but this sounds interesting. Can you elaborate on what this story is?.

They nerfed the most potent stat (Increased Attack Speed) into the ground, and in response to the back lash, a CM stated that they could have nerfed more stats, and snarkily asked "aren't you thankful" that they didn't.

And it was all downhill from there

• Options
    Wow, I can only imagine what would happen if I told my customers in response to something being broken, "Well, we could make the website not work at all, aren't you thankful it partially works?"

My next line would probably be "Do you want fries with that?" and rightly so.
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    This is their excuse of "See! We didn't remove ALL AD from Leadership!!!! So you can still use your Leadership army~" >.>
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    I think that the blue rare tasks shouldnt have had AD removed but all the others yea its good we cant have AD farms anymore and this is coming from the owner of an AD farm... prices are coming down and AH items are becoming more reasonable,you can buy zen without having to wait 3-4 days and pay top dollar. as much as I liked my AD farm its just not good for the economy for people to be able to earn hundreds of thousands of in game currency for a couple clicks on the gateway a day.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I haven't gotten marks of gratitude from the enchanted coffers, in the 21-25 level range. Do they only drop from the older blue and purple leadership chests?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I haven't seen any mark for either blue or purple leadership chests, i only get some junk from them... low rank health potions or green/white enchantments.

They should just refill the rAD slots in Leadership with Stronghold Vouchers, that would make more sense, and a lot of players could benefit from such a change.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    bioshrike said:

I haven't gotten marks of gratitude from the enchanted coffers, in the 21-25 level range. Do they only drop from the older blue and purple leadership chests?

The rare assets are found in the lvl 20 task "Destroy Enemy Encampment" chest, which is not worth running anymore.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    Thanks folks. I did have a few marks accumulated from those boxes and, yes, I've just sold them for more than they would earn in the remaining Leadership tasks. Crazy, huh?

But why was this thread moved to PvE Discussion??? Earning AD is relevant to both PvP and PvE...
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    rich776 said:

they will never listen and the game will go to the toliet

The game is already in the toilet. We're all just waiting for the inevitable FLUSH.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    theoddis1 said:

I think that the blue rare tasks shouldnt have had AD removed but all the others yea its good we cant have AD farms anymore and this is coming from the owner of an AD farm... prices are coming down and AH items are becoming more reasonable,you can buy zen without having to wait 3-4 days and pay top dollar. as much as I liked my AD farm its just not good for the economy for people to be able to earn hundreds of thousands of in game currency for a couple clicks on the gateway a day.

I don't see why they needed to remove AD from Leadership for those of us that used it WAI--on one or two characters. At least played characters. I certainly didn't have 20-50 characters praying all day and it was my primary source of in-game income. Along with PVP dailies--which they also nerfed--because they felt like it.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    They could have just added an additional AD account limit to it right from the start, something like 240k AD per day, that would have slowed those 50 characters leadership armies down by a lot.

But who would have bought ZEN for more then a handfull of character slots then?
    Or who would have bought ZEN to exchange for AD to buy more leadership assets from the AH?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited October 2015

theoddis1 said:

I don't see why they needed to remove AD from Leadership for those of us that used it WAI--on one or two characters. At least played characters. I certainly didn't have 20-50 characters praying all day and it was my primary source of in-game income. Along with PVP dailies--which they also nerfed--because they felt like it.
    The original WAI was not for one or two characters. You really could play many characters back then and it did not need that many resource to feed a character. It was fun to switch among characters to taste different aspect of the game. However, they changed it and then became very expensive to sustain them. Then, may be 4 characters. Then, 2 characters. Now, more or less one to 1.5 character.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    2 rare tasks have RAD.
    Both require marks of gratitude. 9 Maria for 3 task earning 4800 RAD.
    There are ways to get marks but all slow.

Btw, i don't get why leadership is still set to level up at 1/2 the speed of other professions.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Leadership needs to be revamped, by concern is though, whatever value we get out of it will be 100% removed if they do a rework on it.

I simply cannot trust them to do anything for the players benefit, which is sad, but right now really true.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9585603

"Astral Diamond Changes: The Leadership Profession has been modified to reward significantly fewer Astral Diamonds. Most tasks that used to reward AD no longer do so. Some tasks reward XP instead of AD. The rare level 4 task "Gather Diamonds" has been removed."

I'm not sure, but i think we didn't get those changes too, when they removed rAD from leadership on the PC side?
    The XP still looks the same, and i think i have seen the "Gather Diamonds" task showing up several times...
    Want to know why?